Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

Look at this man, he used to be funny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

zapplez posted:

So anthony finally is releasing his show for free to podcasts apps for sound only. Its actually not a bad listen, his co-host dave is pretty good. When they get to riffing its the closest to funny old O&A shows. Lot of fast-forwarding when he gets too trumpy though. But with 8 hours of podcast a week for free its a good addition to my

1 hour - Tuesdays with Stories
1 hour - Your Mom's House
3-0 hours - Joe Rogan (varies hard with guest)

Hi Dave.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I'm probably the person in this thread who least hates Anthony and even I stopped listening/watching his show months and months ago. Maybe a year?

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kevyn posted:

Lol you couldn’t pay me to listen to TACS in 2019

The funny thing is anthony is making infinitely more money than opie in 2019. Hell, he might be making more than sam or jimmy (radio earnings)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

zapplez posted:

The funny thing is anthony is making infinitely more money than opie in 2019. Hell, he might be making more than sam or jimmy (radio earnings)

Lol

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
He also fucks really hot women and has a smart talented brother.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Vichan posted:

The only notable episode is when he got demolished by Bennington.

That was the last clip I ever listened to. How Anthony didn't just curl up into a ball after that or at least change his guest list is amazing to me.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

kolby posted:

That was the last clip I ever listened to. How Anthony didn't just curl up into a ball after that or at least change his guest list is amazing to me.

He did change his guest list!

I dont think Ron's been on his show since.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

He did change his guest list!

I dont think Ron's been on his show since.

He has been on since, but it wasn't as funny or cringefest as the big fight they had.

kolby
Oct 29, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
*click*

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i hadn't seen just how crazy racist anthony had got until that doc. that colin flaherty guy lmao

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ronnie b is the best thing to come out of radio in the past 30 years

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'd say it's Fez who came out.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

I'd say it's Fez who came out.

"Came out" of the closet is a little generous. It was more like dragged out, kicking and screaming, with a death-grip on the door frame.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Handsome Jim Norton

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hey does Billy get fired on air or does he just not go to xm? I keep listening to him get on and off the wagon with no responsibility and I need some catharsis

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Ron and Fez was such a great radio show that people are still wondering about the end of bits 5 years after it went off the air.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

It's still real to me

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Kiss?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

TL posted:

Kiss?

greatest three hours in radio history

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
"This cat -can- talk!"
"Yeah... I'm hearing it..."

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
Come on people just listen to The Bonfire, Big Jay and Dan are one of the best radio duos of all time and they have great guests. Just check out one of their best of's or something, poo poo they have Vos and his Vosiest.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLHio5xd0vk

I miss these bits. Anthony's impressions were hilarious.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

TGG posted:

Come on people just listen to The Bonfire, Big Jay and Dan are one of the best radio duos of all time and they have great guests. Just check out one of their best of's or something, poo poo they have Vos and his Vosiest.
Their pet retard Luis isn't involved in that one? If so, I will check it out.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
MAH LOOK I GOT CUM ON MAH PANTS JUS' LIKE LUIS!!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cory Lidle posted:

Their pet retard Luis isn't involved in that one? If so, I will check it out.

the only retard they sometimes have on mic is christine which is a net positive when compared to luis. bonfire is the only good show left on sxm if you still have a subscription for whatever reason

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

the only retard they sometimes have on mic is christine which is a net positive when compared to luis. bonfire is the only good show left on sxm if you still have a subscription for whatever reason

bennington is good though

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

bennington is good though

Nope.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Not enough to warrant a subscription on its own, but a good listen on YT. Especially Earl beatings or Vito being Fez Jr.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
nah I subscribe purely to listen to Bennington so to me it is, I love it shrug

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
It's just ok. Listenable and still better than Jim and Sam, but not even close to what was available on the channel 5-10 years ago.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
How is Ron now a days? Is he a grandpa yet? I haven't listened to him since R&F ended. I feel he'd settle into crotchety old grandpa mode pretty easily.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Ron and Fez was well worth a subscription, clearly Bennington isn’t to me since I haven’t reupped in a while but I was thinking I’d like to for 5 a month so I could listen to it at lunch

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I honestly like Bennington more than most of Ron and Fez, I mean R&F was good for like a couple years or however long Fez talked on XM, not having 2 hours a day of dead air is actually pretty good and I think Gail does a good job

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

T Bowl posted:

It's just ok. Listenable and still better than Jim and Sam, but not even close to what was available on the channel 5-10 years ago.

10 years ago was still after Obama broke Anthony's brain. You have to go back farther than that to find the funny.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I have a real hard time listening to some of those shows, like I think I mentioned I tried to listen to the patrice talking about movies youtube and when they are talking about brokeback mountain the jokes are sometimes literally just "LOOK AT THESE FUCKIN FAGGOTS"

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I specifically remember Norton throwing around the N word to be funny at weird times that didn't even relate to the discussion.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Oh no question I'm happier listening to Bennington in 2019. Jim and Sam's ignorance and right-wing posturing I have no stomach for in this day and age. I'm just saying lets not be nostaglic for 2013-era XM since it was just Anthony ranting about Obama, Opie pouting, and Fez not talking for 90 minutes at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I still laugh a lot at Bennington and am happy to pay the sub

The bit last week where Ron was trying to get "You can PAINT THE TAINT" in this thick southern accent going as a catchphrase was killing me, and like all the poo poo about Jeffrey Epstein and Vito getting really mad at Chris for calling him Fredo and insisting it's just as bad as the N word, I thought last week was really strong in general

But I mean let's be all on the same page I think Gail is totally fine as a second mic and deserves the money more than Fez did for sure, but I mean definitely canceling my sub the minute Ronnie B retires