Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

NPR Journalizard posted:

Is the goon guild in afk arena doing soren regularly? If yes, I might swap over.

I'd say so. We are at 36/40 members, and most are active. We should have Soren up again some time tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ok sweet will ditch mine and swap over.

Applied as DonIncognito

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jul 27, 2019

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Speaking of, how the gently caress do you do more than chip damage to Soren? That charm lasts for ten loving years.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Kyrosiris posted:

Speaking of, how the gently caress do you do more than chip damage to Soren? That charm lasts for ten loving years.

Easiest way is to run someone like Thane and hope the charm is used while Thane's behind Soren.

Edit: Shields also block it.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 27, 2019

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

I was going to make a joke post about a soccer gacha that I saw a post about on /r/gachagaming, but trying to type it up gave me a headache, so I'll just reply to someone instead

Sleekly posted:

Astral Chronicles is gonna keep me for a bit because you can use the fish you catch to have fish battles against other people who like fishing but i lurve fishing so i just use the boss fishies i caught to roll over any and all opposition. fish fights! 🐠🐡
I've been playing astral chronicles all week and I really like it. It has a few issues, but things like the fish fights and cosmic cave (a choose your own adventure type dungeon) have kept me interested. I also like that it's not a normal energy system. Most games like this replenish energy every couple minutes, but astral chronicles only refreshes dungeon entries every 24 hours. Sure, you can buy crystals and replenish tickets, but that only goes so far. As it is I'm level 34 and the highest whale I see on my server is 39 out of 59 levels. While they're a little ahead, I don't feel like I'm completely worthless just because I'm not spending money. It helps that there doesn't seem to be a need for the higher rarity characters. I'm only getting a level or two a day at this point and I may get bored pretty soon, but it's enough to have me do the daily sand story stuff for now.

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug
Applied to Greater Goon in AFK arena as Praxis, thanks!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Presteign posted:

I was going to make a joke post about a soccer gacha that I saw a post about on /r/gachagaming, but trying to type it up gave me a headache, so I'll just reply to someone instead

I've been playing astral chronicles all week and I really like it. It has a few issues, but things like the fish fights and cosmic cave (a choose your own adventure type dungeon) have kept me interested. I also like that it's not a normal energy system. Most games like this replenish energy every couple minutes, but astral chronicles only refreshes dungeon entries every 24 hours. Sure, you can buy crystals and replenish tickets, but that only goes so far. As it is I'm level 34 and the highest whale I see on my server is 39 out of 59 levels. While they're a little ahead, I don't feel like I'm completely worthless just because I'm not spending money. It helps that there doesn't seem to be a need for the higher rarity characters. I'm only getting a level or two a day at this point and I may get bored pretty soon, but it's enough to have me do the daily sand story stuff for now.

Are you talking about soccer spirits?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Mr Hootington posted:

I saw the thread, it's called Venus 11 and it's.. bad. It's a soccer gacha mixed with a dating sim and it's going to crash and burn in the states.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.turner.captainplanet

So I guess a Captain Planet game exists

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

It's not very great

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Len posted:

It's not very great

neither was captain planet?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

SynthesisAlpha posted:

You shut your dirty whore mouth.

Captain Planet is the best show about ecoterrorists that fight capitalism we've ever gotten.

Fake edit: Heart is an underutilized power. They could literally just make them stop maximizing profit by saying gently caress sustainability but they don't

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Mods?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was listening to a podcast recently that brought up how much star power Captain Planet had. An early-to-mid-90's cartoon show had LeVar Burton, Whoopi Goldberg, Meg Ryan, Martin Sheen, Jeff Goldblum, Sting, Malcolm McDowell.. Absolutely insane.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

I just read that an official DOOM and DOOM II from Bethesda are out on the play store, and I can't find it anywhere. One person made a post asking the same thing on Bethesda's forums, but nobody really responded to it.

Is this just a case of my phone sucking so bad I just can't see the game in the store? I've had something like that happen before with a game my phone couldn't handle, but I just don't know how all this works anymore. :smith:

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I just read that an official DOOM and DOOM II from Bethesda are out on the play store, and I can't find it anywhere. One person made a post asking the same thing on Bethesda's forums, but nobody really responded to it.

Is this just a case of my phone sucking so bad I just can't see the game in the store? I've had something like that happen before with a game my phone couldn't handle, but I just don't know how all this works anymore. :smith:

normally games you can't install can still be seen, it will say you have no compatible devices

more likely it's not available in your region, i think

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I can't imagine playing the original doom on a touch screen.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Here's direct links to check what it says about your phone/region:

DOOM

DOOM II

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Captain Planet tried its best to prepare us for the modern Republican party but its villains weren't cartoonishly evil enough.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Evil Fluffy posted:

Captain Planet tried its best to prepare us for the modern Republican party but its villains weren't cartoonishly evil enough.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Fact.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Mr Hootington posted:

I looked up soccer gache, and thats the only one i found. Anyone try it before?

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

fyallm posted:

I looked up soccer gache, and thats the only one i found. Anyone try it before?

Soccer Spirits has been around for a long time, has a lot of bad anime poo poo where characters get more undressed as they evolve, but it does have actual gameplay in a system that's pretty unique.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Soccer Spirits has been around for a long time, has a lot of bad anime poo poo where characters get more undressed as they evolve, but it does have actual gameplay in a system that's pretty unique.

Wait, why would someone get undressed in a soccer game?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

This is the new soccer gacha one. I know nothing about it other than that it exists.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zigzagame.venuseleven

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Yeah the gameplay and systems the game has are pretty engaging for a phone gacha, but it has a layer of slime from being anime skeezy.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

fyallm posted:

Lets you move faster so you can punch people better? Soccer Spirits is perhaps not the most realistic game out there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

fyallm posted:

You know why

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

fyallm posted:

The same reason every anime game features a big breasted side kick that calls you master/sir/captain.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Was Calculords always free with iap?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Len posted:

Was Calculords always free with iap?

I bought when it came out. It is a really good game.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

New Leaf posted:

This is the new soccer gacha one. I know nothing about it other than that it exists.

Soccer Spirits suddenly seems fine.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

New Leaf posted:

Coach and select your best underage girls. Choose which skimpy outfit they wear during matches.

And now date them too!

What the gently caress Japan?

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Funso Banjo posted:

Coach and select your best underage girls. Choose which skimpy outfit they wear during matches.

And now date them too!

What the gently caress Japan?

These games just keep getting creepier.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Oh I'm sure there's a disclaimer in there somewhere that all the girls are 18 and the team is tied to a local community college.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

speaking of sports games, any recommendations? something to play one match at a time in short bursts

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

AlexDeGruven posted:

Oh I'm sure there's a disclaimer in there somewhere that all the girls are 18 and the team is tied to a local community college.

They're 1000 year old football demons/Aliens who through an amusing mixup play football disguised as small girls.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Aramoro posted:

They're 1000 year old football demons/Aliens who through an amusing mixup play football disguised as small girls.

Ahh yes. See? Perfectly fine.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's space jam for football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Aramoro posted:

Not sure if :thejoke:, or just that every dumb Anime game has the same justification for its titties.