Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Yardbomb posted:

ICP's got some uses of "fag" in older material, not that it makes it much better but it was the late 90's/early aughts kind of use, still a lovely word but it wasn't like pointedly homophobic, but from anything I can think of they eased off that too. Then juggalos have been pretty cool with almost everyone, like in my immediate juggalo-friend circle, there's a furry, a gay furry, a big butch lesbian, a couple more 'average' people though almost all stoners and counting me, a dumb enby queer person.

Nice, that's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GamerMage
Sep 25, 2004
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uU78besvWjaTjBe6Gq3s9SZ4k4BTM6xi

Someone posted some of the ST:TNG PlagueofGripes streams on Reddit.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Yardbomb posted:

Violent J's daughter is a furry yeah, there was a bunch of cute pictures of them going to a convention together pretty recently, both in costume.

Don't forget when they made a video calling out the lovely quality of the first costume he bought for his daughter. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNSBIMLs96M

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Watching the Woolie plays Judgment thing. Mihn purposely fails at every single instance in Phoenix Wright for the funny dialogue.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Minh is the heel now.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That switch segment was one of the worst

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wonder if woolie is just going to go through all platinum games on his channel. There's certainly worse things he could do.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXJDuR6ONIE&t=713s

Incredible.

E: What in the HELL is with the spinning spike bar at 18:00, that is absolutely a bug and I have zero clue why its coding would make it do that.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 17, 2019

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Pigbuster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXJDuR6ONIE&t=713s

Incredible.

E: What in the HELL is with the spinning spike bar at 18:00, that is absolutely a bug and I have zero clue why its coding would make it do that.

It looks like it's just designed to be a cool visual as you go through it, not an actual threat. Its behaviour is entirely tied to you moving past it so it can slam down and "miss" you.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

liams oh poo poo when omega appeared filled me with life energy

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I really wish Liam would stop going for the silver coins, or that they'd at least cut out the eight hundred failed attempts in each video. Those coins don't even do anything.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Doc M posted:

I really wish Liam would stop going for the silver coins, or that they'd at least cut out the eight hundred failed attempts in each video. Those coins don't even do anything.

I wish he would go for them more

0 rows returned
Apr 9, 2007

Liam's just going for them because he knows they do nothing and people get mad when he constantly goes for them.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I just think it's horrendously boring to watch someone try and fail to grab a pointless collectible and keep going back for it for what feels like several minutes (but is probably more like 30 seconds at most because time flows differently in the world of Sonic the Hedgehog). :shrug:

I guess going for the coins sometimes results in fun shenanigans like falling through the level geometry or whatever, so it might be worth it overall. Just maybe do some editing on the really boring ones?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Editing a sonic 2006 LP is cowardice

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I'm a couple videos in, I'm surprised how apologetic they are about the game. Not that that's a bad thing or anything, I guess their finding the bright side of it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Andrast posted:

Editing a sonic 2006 LP is cowardice
I would've been disappointed if they had edited the ball puzzle tbqh

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm a couple videos in, I'm surprised how apologetic they are about the game. Not that that's a bad thing or anything, I guess their finding the bright side of it.

Yeah this doesn't last

but they're not wrong that the game is a result of people having to work with a new engine and technology and having an increasingly rushed release date to meet, which is honestly the case behind like 60% of all bad video games

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Liam is way more forgiving of jank than a lot of other people are. I only recently saw Sonic Adventure LPs from the past few years and was amazed by how many people couldn't do basic poo poo in that game when I would regularly beat it as a kid once I learned that just couldn't touch certain surfaces. or just knew how to fight the camera. Sonic '06 is relatively playable if you're the type of person who owned some poo poo games growing up that you played a lot because you didn't have a lot of choice. The big thing that always drives me nuts when I watch Sonic '06 LPs is watching people who just rub the characters' loving faces on everything instead of just giving enemies and surfaces space. That thing they all do when they play Silver, pick up physics objects, and rub them against enemies before trying to throw them rather than backing up first always drives me nuts.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

So in Sonic 06, I think Rouge giving Omega an emerald, so that he can use his robot immortality to shut down for years(?) until he gets to the future and gives it to Shadow is legitimately a cool idea.

But then they just take Mephiles’ portal instead of using chaos control. So it doesn’t really pay off, which is disappointing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And as a result there is now two extra Green Chaos Emeralds in the present.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Pat stares at Outer Wilds.

Pat's understanding of orbital mechanics is "I'm ten metres off the ground? Cool, I can go take a nap."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Roach Warehouse posted:

So in Sonic 06, I think Rouge giving Omega an emerald, so that he can use his robot immortality to shut down for years(?) until he gets to the future and gives it to Shadow is legitimately a cool idea.

But then they just take Mephiles’ portal instead of using chaos control. So it doesn’t really pay off, which is disappointing.

Chrono Trigger had a more interesting take on that anyway.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Krazyface posted:

Pat stares at Outer Wilds.

Pat's understanding of orbital mechanics is "I'm ten metres off the ground? Cool, I can go take a nap."

You can't say that and not give a timestamp.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Pat accelerates directly towards the sun
Pat looks at the map while in between a planet and its moon
Pat decides to get out of his ship while right next to a planet; honestly manages to look cool
Pat lands nose-first at full speed
Pat doesn't brake (possibly on purpose)
Pat just flies directly through the sun's outer layers

Honestly, though, he might be awful at flying, but it's amazing to me how quickly he puts things together and assimilates new info. He figured out how to land on the Quantum Moon extremely quickly, and pulled it off on his second attempt. The last run of the entire session is a pretty good time: just pure bafflement as he gets hopelessly separated from his ship, hopping from planet to planet.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It's not so much that he's awful at flying, it's that he's entirely unable to understand newtons first law. He just loving floors it because his brain goes "I am not there yet thus I must accelerate", I'm kinda glad he doesn't have a drivers license now that I think about it :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Nalesh posted:

It's not so much that he's awful at flying, it's that he's entirely unable to understand newtons first law. He just loving floors it because his brain goes "I am not there yet thus I must accelerate", I'm kinda glad he doesn't have a drivers license now that I think about it :v:

Inertia sucks tbf, I wanna be able to stop and turn on a dime in a videogame, I don't care about your ~physics~

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!
Pat flying into the sun stirred up my Elite Dangerous anxiety in a big way, drat.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Here's Woolie getting basic facts about one of his favorite series wrong again.

https://clips.twitch.tv/RockyAgreeableBulgogiFreakinStinkin

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Kay Kessler posted:

At least he has an appropriate suit on I guess.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kay Kessler posted:

What a blunder, I hope they get rid of the host for next season.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yncgjyoiebA

:allears:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Woolie's Fire Emblem hot takes are physically hurting me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
He's just inherently against anything medieval, like his brothers skewered him with shields and swords.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Woolie's Fire Emblem hot takes are physically hurting me.

You'd think there'd be some advancements eventually. Like, canons or trebuchets or something.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

Tae posted:

He's just inherently against anything medieval, like his brothers skewered him with shields and swords.

These are what was used to destroy his Hulk doll. And steal his purple GBA.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So have they just given up on time stamping spoiler sections?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Woolie's also doing Outer Wilds (though not a full LP).

The LP tax is in full effect.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

You'd think there'd be some advancements eventually. Like, canons or trebuchets or something.

Cannons aren't canon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Does Fire Emblem even have canon? I thought it was like Final Fantasy or Zelda in that they aren't really connected.