Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m pretty sure Dersh has gotten at least one professor fired for supporting Palestinian rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Listening to the Chapo-adjacent QAnon Anonymous, and they’re doing episodes about Stefan Molyneux. My god, the guy actually sounds like someone doing a mediocre snooty French villain.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’m pretty sure Dersh has gotten at least one professor fired for supporting Palestinian rights

pretty much what he did to finkelstein (also personal because finkelstein pantsed him on democracy now).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZzIJDiedrQ

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

prefect posted:

Metal Gear Solid is for normies. Real thinkers study the Illuminatus Trilogy.

so it's Metal Gear Solid then

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Dr Christmas posted:

Listening to the Chapo-adjacent QAnon Anonymous, and they’re doing episodes about Stefan Molyneux. My god, the guy actually sounds like someone doing a mediocre snooty French villain.

This podcast got really good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

During the spring and summer, as Dershowitz pressed his position, even some old allies were taken aback by his rhetoric. At one point, Epstein reacted to his statements in the news by e-mailing a friend, “Dershowitz is out of his mind.”

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Grevling posted:

This podcast got really good.

that particular episode, or you mean the show as a whole has gotten a lot better?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

emdash posted:

that particular episode, or you mean the show as a whole has gotten a lot better?

i like how QAA turned into just weird conspiracy hour with mudfossils and dinars and alien disclosure and templeOS. the stories usually suck tho

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I AM THE MOON posted:

i like how QAA turned into just weird conspiracy hour with mudfossils and dinars and alien disclosure and templeOS. the stories usually suck tho

Their deep dives into random conspiracy related topics have been pretty good. I think overall the show has become way better since Julian started writing scripts for their episodes.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

emdash posted:

The latter, at first I listened to the episode with Felix and thought it was kind of boring, then later I returned and listened to some newer episodes and I was surprised by how good and funny it was. Especially the short stories that get dramatized in some of the episodes get me good.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

relistening to this democracy now! "debate" between dersh and finkelstein and he straight up says more israeli civilians have been killed than palestinian civilians. holy poo poo.

also doesn't let finkelstein speak which is definitely what you do when you're winning.

edit: holy poo poo this is making me cush levels of enraged.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 29, 2019

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

prefect posted:

Metal Gear Solid is for normies. Real thinkers study the Illuminatus Trilogy.

Galaxy Brains study Steve Jackson’s Illuminati card game.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the new ep has Glenn Greenwald, which will force fans everywhere (i.e. me) to grapple with the idea that someone can be a real piece of poo poo and still possibly do some good things, I guess

(he has been repugnant on twitter for most of this year, siding with Michael loving Tracey about everything)

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Excellent, this thread was due for some meltdowns

THS
Sep 15, 2017

commence greenwald chat

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

THS posted:

commence greenwald chat

his husbands very attractive

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Greenwald is simultaneously a very important figure and a dumbass. Unlike Tracey who is just the latter.

Also I think often of the tweet imagining that his beautiful family is standing with him laughing as he attacks people on twitter.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Greenwald has done more journalistic work and objective good for the world than 90% of journalists alive today so I don't really care that he goes on The Bad Network when the other two white supremacist networks banned him anyway.

Also his husband is a cutie, and no one married to a cutie can be a bad guy. That's just science.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

emdash posted:

the new ep has Glenn Greenwald, which will force fans everywhere (i.e. me) to grapple with the idea that someone can be a real piece of poo poo and still possibly do some good things, I guess

(he has been repugnant on twitter for most of this year, siding with Michael loving Tracey about everything)

it was easy for me. he's got very powerful debate club energy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the intercept is really good but going on carlson's show is indefensible unless you're there to poo poo on him like that euro guy did and caused him to have a meltdown.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
my actually pretty unironic hot take: Jake Tapper is 100x more dangerous than Carlson and all 'good people' go on his show because CNN's flavor of white supremacy is still nice and subtle

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

my actually pretty unironic hot take: Jake Tapper is 100x more dangerous than Carlson and all 'good people' go on his show because CNN's flavor of white supremacy is still nice and subtle
I agree, but Carlson is a megaphone, not a dog whistle for rich liberals

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

sexpig by night posted:

in the end they both reach an audience of mostly 60 somethings but yeah tapper hurts because his audience of mostly democratic viewers could possibly be swayed to something good. carlson viewers are all raging psychopaths.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is the third time Glenn has been on Chapo and while I’m sure a few idiots on reddit will whine I doubt anyone cares any more.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Am I insane or was The Intercept being sloppy as gently caress the main reason why Reality Winner got busted? Am I misremembering?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it was. they sent the documents over and went "these yours?" to confirm the story which is not how you do such things.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

reality winner emailed the intercept from her work computer

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Misremembering since she straight up decided it was a good idea to send the documents thru government owned facilities.

That being said (And to tie this part with the other Brazil heavy episode that Amber did), there's a bit of an industry in Lusophone media where they do precisely the "Actually, Bolso fans aren't so right wing and people are too harsh with them" shtick, that Glenn part buys and Lula prodded Glenn about on his Intercept interview.
Of course, their jobs kind of stopped when more and more blood started pouring and have successfully argued for "vacations" and archiving their Pro-Bolso work. One, hilariously, even attempted to argue himself for a New York Times position as a leftwinger because he wanted Obamacare to be back. Which becomes more hosed up in hindsight as he also got his "Please have colleges investigated and shut down if they do a left wing propaganda when Bolso and Orban started cracking down on such".

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kunster posted:

Misremembering since she straight up decided it was a good idea to send the documents thru government owned facilities.

lol that's right. I remember it being something pants on head stupid

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Dersh seriously needs to hire someone who is a better attorney than he is

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1155967701652660227

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1155917624984948736
yeshiva principal, go on chapo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i quoted it last page but in that new yorker piece epstein himself called dersh crazy for his insane self-defenses.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

They mocked Goon Island wow chapo is CANCELLED

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Glenn is gonna get killed by Bolsonaro.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Spoeank posted:

Am I insane or was The Intercept being sloppy as gently caress the main reason why Reality Winner got busted? Am I misremembering?

Yes, but that was the fault of the new york office, which at the time was a gawker coworkin space, rather than glenn, who wasn't involved.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

THS posted:

reality winner emailed the intercept from her work computer

yea they could have been a little more tight on their end but Winner literally used her work computer to send the poo poo, there was no real 'protecting' her other than advocating for her release and all, which is what they've done.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

more like reality LOSER.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/AlanDersh/status/1155962389776351238?s=19

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

God drat, that ratio..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

I like how everyone from maga chuds to rose emojis is dunking on him in the replies. Even the libs are joining in.