Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
I want to make eyepatch Dimitri a dancer, if you can. It's a waste of good stats that wanna receive dances, but I want my murderman dancer anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
I went for Anette,and after a few of her support events, I wish I could make her a singer instead.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Is it just me, or does Shamir's "SLEEP IN THE DIRT" killing blow line just sound really dorky and funny?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Gravy Jones posted:

Quick Q: Does anyone know if relationship points/hearts up stuff accumulates when you're high enough for another support level but haven't done it yet (either for story reasons or you just haven't done the skit yet) or is any excess you get wasted until you actually level up?

Yes, because right after the time skip I had like eight people banging down Byleth's door to get the next support rank.

Carlosologist posted:

Sylvain's paralogue is a treasure trove

I had to play the map twice to understand the AI patterns, but god drat it's worth getting everything on that map.

Agean90 posted:

I think I messed up at some point because im past the timeskip and never figured out how to get a dancer

My man were you asleep at the wheel, because the game yells in your face that there's a dancing contest

OddObserver posted:

I went for Anette,and after a few of her support events, I wish I could make her a singer instead.

Yeah Annette/Felix support is what made me decide that she's the one

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Pairing up Fernand and Hubert to do a task together leads to some great dialogue.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Do you ever unlock being able to assign multiple pairs to different tasks?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I am loving this game so far, but I have one serious complaint that's really bothering me:

Why the HELL can't I pet all these adorable cats and dogs that are wandering around the school!?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Zore posted:

I never listen to any of the requests because everyone in Black Eagles keeps asking to do the dumbest poo poo.

No Hubert, being a Cavalier would be incredibly stupid. Yes I know I need to get your riding skill up for your Master Class but you already have C lances and your Reason is still a bit low.

Ashe I made you a Wyvern Rider, stop asking to go back to Bows.

Petra you're my dancer, you've got a whole suite of Sword abilities and skills. I'm not training you in Axes and Flying.

the best suggestion I got was from Lorenz because I kept going back and forth between black magic and lance-based knight stuff for him, then finally he said "I want to be a Dark Knight" and hey I'm down for him becoming a goth horseman of the apocalypse

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

inthesto posted:

My man were you asleep at the wheel, because the game yells in your face that there's a dancing contest

yeah it then I didn't see it anywhere idk

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I am loving this game so far, but I have one serious complaint that's really bothering me:

Why the HELL can't I pet all these adorable cats and dogs that are wandering around the school!?

This is the worst part of the game. Let me pet the animals drat it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

jimmydalad posted:

My Ignatz is Level 15 with 9 Strength and 8 Magic. Is he this bad for anyone else or just me? As soon as Dancer becomes available, gonna make him one to get some use out of his good sword levels.
My Lv9 Ignatz isn't great but I'm basically planning to make him into a support bot. If you train his Authority he learns Rally Speed pretty early, which is great to help set up one-round kills on that annoying enemy you juuuuust can't quite double. Mine also has decent bow rank so I'm planning to send him into Thief/Assassin to grab chests. He'll never be a great combat unit but eh, sometimes you just need a thief and/or rallybot.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

My Lv9 Ignatz isn't great but I'm basically planning to make him into a support bot. If you train his Authority he learns Rally Speed pretty early, which is great to help set up one-round kills on that annoying enemy you juuuuust can't quite double. Mine also has decent bow rank so I'm planning to send him into Thief/Assassin to grab chests. He'll never be a great combat unit but eh, sometimes you just need a thief and/or rallybot.

he's suprisingly good as a support Archer. his damage is iffy but he gets a bow move that reduces the targets defense by 5 and another that seals magic

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

inthesto posted:

I had to play the map twice to understand the AI patterns, but god drat it's worth getting everything on that map.

I just used one charge of Divine Pulse to sweep the map. The thieves move either after you seal up two strongholds or turn 5, so it's best to bring your mounted units to help get to those places quickly. I had Ingrid and Sylvain basically sweep the top half of the map while working the bottom with the rest. Also helped to have Ingrid's legendary weapon as well

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
in my quest to try to find out a spoiler free explanation of when the path split happens in the black eagles story line, i extremely just slammed right into above the fold spoilers in the article with the best SEO on it :smith:

my first thought was "maybe i should just restart with a different, unspoiled story line," but i've decided i should probably just see this through. be warned!!

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
So I have a letter from edelgard I cannot use or gift anyone which is in my gift lists, and a tactics primer which is the same

Can I use/do anything with these or are they just there for taking up space and/or lore-fluff things?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Iymarra posted:

So I have a letter from edelgard I cannot use or gift anyone which is in my gift lists, and a tactics primer which is the same

Can I use/do anything with these or are they just there for taking up space and/or lore-fluff things?

The letter is a gift to YOU.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Zore posted:

It gives Avoid+20 with swords and lets them learn a special weapon art that gives even more avoid.

You can make Dancers into ridiculous dodge tanks if you lean into it

Dancer Felix here I come.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The story and micro plot is good enough to be spoiled on that one spoiler, as someone that has known all the story since like a week ago.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It seems hosed up for Byleth to be wielding the ancient Prf weapon against a bunch of kids for a mock battle.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Bogart posted:

It seems hosed up for Byleth to be wielding the ancient Prf weapon against a bunch of kids for a mock battle.

fortunately it's worse than an iron sword

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

in my quest to try to find out a spoiler free explanation of when the path split happens in the black eagles story line, i extremely just slammed right into above the fold spoilers in the article with the best SEO on it :smith:

my first thought was "maybe i should just restart with a different, unspoiled story line," but i've decided i should probably just see this through. be warned!!

So what is the spoiler-free explanation, anyway?

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Just do what I did and hang out in the backlines and watch proudly as your students win

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

OddObserver posted:

So what is the spoiler-free explanation, anyway?

I believe it's you need a C+ support with Hubert and Edie, and in February, you'll be able to talk to her. Choose to support her.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

How are people building Claude? Would it be worth teaching him some sword skills and having him go Lord, or should I go pure bow with him and take him down the Archer path? I know about his advanced/master classes, just not sure what the best path there is.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’m planning on doing Edelgard Black Eagles last. Is there any point in investing in her significantly in the church route?

No plot spoilers please, just a yes/no.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You can't hook up with Manuela as fem Byleth what the gently caress

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Leal posted:

You can't hook up with Manuela as fem Byleth what the gently caress

It's kinda dumb since she is bi and she does hook up with Boyleth. Also just everyone in general exudes insane amounts of bi energy, making it sad that not everyone is bi. I haven't gotten far enough to see any of the same sex romances proper, do they at least acknowledge that the romance is same sex to justify not just making everyone bi?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

hopeandjoy posted:

I’m planning on doing Edelgard Black Eagles last. Is there any point in investing in her significantly in the church route?

No plot spoilers please, just a yes/no.

I do not believe there is any reason to invest in her or Hubert if you choose to go that route.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
This is way getting ahead of myself but can you switch sexes in new game plus or are you gender locked in the later playthroughs?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I poached Ignatz for my house because he's a sweetie, and have found he's a terrific dancer. He has tons of utility through rally, strengths in swords and authority, high enough speed that he's impossible to hit with dancer passives, natural haze strike just from leveling sword, and low enough str that he wouldn't be doing too much in a pure damage role.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

Caspar is pretty useless, isn't he?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Caspar is a monster who I have to keep from clearing half the map by himself.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The monthly art things are so pretty. They knocked it out of the park with those.

And it seems like Caspar is either a god or completely worthless. For me, it is the latter.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The secret is that gauntlets are insanely good so you should just focus on those and only have him raise his axe level because a couple punch classes require them.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

McTimmy posted:

The letter is a gift to YOU.

What about the Tactics Primer? I don't even remember where I got it, and I can't gift it or sell it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Eimi posted:

It's kinda dumb since she is bi and she does hook up with Boyleth. Also just everyone in general exudes insane amounts of bi energy, making it sad that not everyone is bi. I haven't gotten far enough to see any of the same sex romances proper, do they at least acknowledge that the romance is same sex to justify not just making everyone bi?

"I'm a teacher, nurse, songstress and available"

Obviously not :byodood:

Radio Free Kobold posted:

Before nuking my game he was a beast punching things. Whats that, gauntlets? Nah gently caress that, he'll just punch an enemy 5 times doing 10 damage a pop.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my goal in life has been to ahve raphael punch every named boss to death with his bare hands

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Ugh, I'm trying to raise Byleth's Faith to an A for bishop, and let me tell you. If you thought raising students' skills to A was hard, wait 'till you try this.

I can gain between 70 and 100 points of faith in one day, depending on how lucky I am with the faculty training. I recently hit B, and I still need 570 points to hit A. That means anywhere between 5 free days at best (taking into account the exp i can scrounge up in battle) to 8 goddamn days at worst. That's more than two chapters' worth of free days. God.

They really should've made raising this stuff at least a bit faster and/or take up less of your action economy so you're more incentivised and able to do it early on when everything is really tight.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Harrow posted:

How are people building Claude? Would it be worth teaching him some sword skills and having him go Lord, or should I go pure bow with him and take him down the Archer path? I know about his advanced/master classes, just not sure what the best path there is.

Axes. He turns into an extremely solid Warrior.

I have unlocked the hidden potential ability for every one of my units so far and havent had a single regret. They seem to always end up monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Amppelix posted:

Ugh, I'm trying to raise Byleth's Faith to an A for bishop, and let me tell you. If you thought raising students' skills to A was hard, wait 'till you try this.

I can gain between 70 and 100 points of faith in one day, depending on how lucky I am with the faculty training. I recently hit B, and I still need 570 points to hit A. That means anywhere between 5 free days at best (taking into account the exp i can scrounge up in battle) to 8 goddamn days at worst. That's more than two chapters' worth of free days. God.

They really should've made raising this stuff at least a bit faster and/or take up less of your action economy so you're more incentivised and able to do it early on when everything is really tight.

just promote at B+ you'll have like a 2/3 chance to succeed and what else are you gonna spend all that money on