Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kyrosiris posted:

So much like actual cat ownership. :v:

https://twitter.com/stluis_htx/status/1153105125831061504

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
So the Fake Igor bad ending is basically a superhero universe where the protagonists keep fighting the same battles without ever challenging the status quo, because the apathy of the public means new targets will always arise for the Phantom Thieves to gain glory from?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That's about the size of it, yeah.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

YaketySass posted:

So the Fake Igor bad ending is basically a superhero universe where the protagonists keep fighting the same battles without ever challenging the status quo, because the apathy of the public means new targets will always arise for the Phantom Thieves to gain glory from?

That and a dash of the Thieves being corrupted by their powers and losing sight of any goal beyond gaining more glory.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

It’s also a deal specifically between Joker and Fake Igor, so who knows if the other Phantom Thieves are anything more than living toys for Joker’s ego in that reality.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

It’s also a deal specifically between Joker and Fake Igor, so who knows if the other Phantom Thieves are anything more than living toys for Joker’s ego in that reality.

Good point. The other Thieves never got released from their Velvet Room cells, so their wills are implicitly suppressed. Which makes sense since none of them would be likely to agree to this situation. So not only did Joker sell himself out, he sold his team into mind slavery to keep ego tripping as a superhero pawn of Yaldy.

Malah
May 18, 2015

: "Well ... poo poo, that was easy."

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Wait, can you actually back out of Fake Igor's deal?

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
Someone gets screentime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HMUtO-u9Zo

Those scenes in the new year are just a dream right? But, who is the dreamer?

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

AstroWhale posted:

Someone gets screentime:

It's either that or a major rewrite so Pancakes is less murder-y so his face-heel-face roulette is a bit less painful.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

If the plot's actually getting a rewrite that major, I might just have to play it after all.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
haven't watched the trailer but the psychotic breakdown/subway massacre thing was always a weird dissonant note in akechi's arc anyway. targeted assassinations of shido's enemies are one thing, but the subway crash was to do...what again, shame the ministry of transportation to benefit his party platform?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxxidation posted:

haven't watched the trailer but the psychotic breakdown/subway massacre thing was always a weird dissonant note in akechi's arc anyway. targeted assassinations of shido's enemies are one thing, but the subway crash was to do...what again, shame the ministry of transportation to benefit his party platform?

Given the way it's covered in the news, that certainly seems to be the case. But also, the game contradicts this reading:

Arist posted:

It was to take out the president of some company and a diplomat who sided with current government.
I see… That was very useful, Mr. Ooe.

So who the gently caress knows

E: the easiest way to reconcile this is that Ooe targeted his people and then Shido opportunistically moved in to blame the Minister of Transport for it

Arist fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jul 26, 2019

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Causing a subway crash to kill two people seems legit and not excessive in the slightest. I'm going to go with your interpretation of that.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

AstroWhale posted:

Someone gets screentime:

I like that her combo attack with Morgana is "you drive while I shoot with best friend grenade launcher"

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I’m pretty sure the extra 3 months are going to be wish fulfilment dreams being built by Sophia, the Gnostic “mother” of Yaldabaoth who created him and is associated with spirituality and dreaming.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jul 27, 2019

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Miz Kriss posted:

I like that her combo attack with Morgana is "you drive while I shoot with best friend grenade launcher"
She also managed to dupe Morgana into driving into the explosion at top speed, while she bails out before the explosions go off.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

I’m pretty sure the extra 3 months are going to be wish fulfilment dreams being built by Sophia, the agnostic “mother” of Yaldabaoth who created him and is associated with spirituality and dreaming.

That would also provide a “fairy godmother” to fit Kasumi’s ”Cinderella”.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I just noticed my phone corrected Gnostic to agnostic and I'm so very ashamed.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm certain the thieves have been stuck in a dream world and that you're going to have to drag them back to their lovely reality a la Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

"I got an athletic scholarship!"
"My dad is alive and not a sweatshop overseer!"
"gently caress THAT, YOU'RE GOIN' HOME"

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Supersonic Shine posted:

"I'm a recurring villain in the Phoenix Ranger Featherman reboot!"
"I'm the greatest young painter in the country!"
"My sister is being really nice and encouraging me to follow my dreams!"
"My mother is alive and letting her help me with her cognitive psience research!"
"I'm a handsome man and Lady Ann agreed to get a parfait with me!"

:smith:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

...what if Royal is just the bad end expanded into a full game?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

"My mother is alive and letting her help me with her cognitive psience research!"

if p5 doesn't fix its love of reiterating every single plot point half a dozen times then i can see this getting unbearably tedious real loving quickly

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

It's kind of sad that out of all the impossible dreams coming true we've seen, up to and including reviving the long dead, the most farfetched thing Makoto can come with to improve her life is Sae being a nice and involved big sister.

Regardless, learning our teammates' fondest wishes only to crush them for the greater good will be fun.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015
The best change they could make in Royal is getting rid of all the "All we can do is wait" text conversations after finishing a Palace, but somehow I can't see Atlus ever removing content from a remake instead of just adding things on.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pththya-lyi posted:

"I can murder and eat pancakes to my heart's content!"
"My parents love me and didn't ship me off to a stranger so I could live in his attic."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

"My parents love me and didn't ship me off to a stranger so I could live in his attic."
#relatable

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

I'm certain the thieves have been stuck in a dream world and that you're going to have to drag them back to their lovely reality a la Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

"gently caress THAT, YOU'RE GOIN' HOME"

Joker was the actual villain.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

To wrap up the Phantom Thieves, here’s Morgana’s trailer:

https://youtu.be/RfRqasU31z4

His tier three Persona is Diego, an older version of Zorro.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"With this, Lady Ann will fall madly in love with me!"

this beast is incorrigible

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Geostomp posted:

His tier three Persona is Diego, an older version of Zorro.
With a new spell, Scary Monsterdyne.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
sauna mainittu, torilla tavataan

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Barring any unforeseen need to go back and recapture footage, I can now announce that I have officially completed recording for this LP.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Arist posted:

Barring any unforeseen need to go back and recapture footage, I can now announce that I have officially completed recording for this LP.

Royal is not out yet so...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

*This* LP.

But also, I like how we've all just decided that I'm doing that. I don't get a say in this, nope! :v:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Arist, I promise to use my third wish to set you free from having to LP The Royal

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Funky Valentine posted:

I mean, I get you're joking, but I think Akechi's would be more "I have a place where people like me and want me to be around, mom's not dead, and dad's groveling at my feet for forgiveness"

fluffyDeathbringer fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 30, 2019

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Akechi and Mrs. Akechi's Mom go to iHoP every Sunday. It's cute. Akechi still wears sweater vests, and likes to get the meal with the two sunny side up eggs and the bacon so his breakfast is smiling.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Arist posted:

*This* LP.

But also, I like how we've all just decided that I'm doing that. I don't get a say in this, nope! :v:

The thread is your own personal Morgana. Only instead of telling you to sleep at a reasonable hour, it's telling you to play increasingly longer RPGs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Arist posted:

*This* LP.

We know a foregone conclusion when we see one