Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kad
Jun 2, 2019

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Sexy Lars pic if we meet the stretch goal, btw.

god i hope we meet the stretch goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kad posted:

god i hope we meet the stretch goal

If you don't draw a tastefully sexy Lars I will perma everyone who has posted in this thread.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

If you don't draw a tastefully sexy Lars I will perma everyone who has posted in this thread.

I believe you mean tasteless.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

fluffyDeathbringer posted:

if it doesn't contain a trilby, a katana, and a badly photoshopped lovestruck rainbow dash I'm burning this whole thing down

Oof hes pitiful but not thar far down I think.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Botticelli’s Birth of Venus, only it’s Lars emerging full grown from the Mtn Dew foam and borne to the shore on a pizza box, attended by his favorite animes

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
And now for some badly-written irrelevancy.

For those of you who've gone through Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass, I hear tell there's going to be a 2021 sequel: Bimmy and the Quivering Bulge.

Notably, Bimmy and the Quivering Bulge's ending will be decided by the election! If Bernie Sanders is made president, Bimmy's cancer will be cured due to the wonders of socialized medicine and he will get all the ice cream he can eat!

If Bernie Sanders is not made president, the game will abruptly end after the first thirty minutes as Bimmy's rapid-onset cancer is declared a preexisting condition and the hospital throws him in a ditch.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Are you going to go fighting on the beach? You may think Lovie is a big liar but they may surprise you!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

get that OUT of my face posted:

Are you going to go fighting on the beach? You may think Lovie is a big liar but they may surprise you!

That's the next episode.

I'm trying to figure out how best to rob that house in Legato. It's nasty in there.

I miss Helga :(

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

GrandmaParty posted:

That's the next episode.

I'm trying to figure out how best to rob that house in Legato. It's nasty in there.

I miss Helga :(

I love that sprite of sad Helga so much but I don't love that Helga's sad. :(

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I actually love that scene with Lars because on the one hand it's heartfelt, on the other hand it STABS YOU IN THE BACK PERFECTLY and you don't feel as bad letting him be your party's tank.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I love that sprite of sad Helga so much but I don't love that Helga's sad. :(

So I was thinking about how earlier Buck got taken over by the pulsating mass. We've seen that Buck is a teenager and isn't best equipped to deal with what is happening to Jimmy, and would retreat into being distant and aggressive because tough love has always been his approach to Jimmy's problems and he can't express how he's really feeling about the situation. But from Jimmy's perspective he's just losing his aggressive-but-loving brother; the disease is taking Buck away just like it's taking away everything else. So he sees it as the Pulsating Mass claiming Buck.

Anyway I'm worried about the fact Helga hasn't turned up yet and we have a full party now.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

So I was thinking about how earlier Buck got taken over by the pulsating mass. We've seen that Buck is a teenager and isn't best equipped to deal with what is happening to Jimmy, and would retreat into being distant and aggressive because tough love has always been his approach to Jimmy's problems and he can't express how he's really feeling about the situation. But from Jimmy's perspective he's just losing his aggressive-but-loving brother; the disease is taking Buck away just like it's taking away everything else. So he sees it as the Pulsating Mass claiming Buck.

Anyway I'm worried about the fact Helga hasn't turned up yet and we have a full party now.

I'd wager that Punch is just a temporary party character.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
Speaking of punch, does he have special mechanics? Even assuming he is a temporary member, would he do anything better/different than your other folks if you maxed him out?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Random_Username posted:

Speaking of punch, does he have special mechanics? Even assuming he is a temporary member, would he do anything better/different than your other folks if you maxed him out?

He's a better robber than jimmy and can do crazy damage with his trick shot.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Called Shot's potential is loving bonkers and makes Tanaka top-tier all by himself

his heightened steal rate just elevates him above top-tier, to the fabled and highly exclusive Tanaka-tier

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I've got a purely gameplay question, and this seems to be the general thread for this game now, so I'll post it in spoilers.

I just got the airship. All the areas now are really tough, and I haven't had a gear shop since Shinyu. Is there a town with the next tier of gear, or is it all stealing/toyboxes from now on? I have the damage to fight in most areas, but if the enemies get a hit off it's usually like 400 to the whole party.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
what level are your characters at? what All enemy attack manuals are you using?

i found that if i could put out the damage numbers i could kill most mobs in one round and very quickly level up

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009

Dash Rendar posted:

what level are your characters at? what All enemy attack manuals are you using?

i found that if i could put out the damage numbers i could kill most mobs in one round and very quickly level up

Around lv 35, spamming Thermal Bomb and Roughhouse. Those are the only all attack manuals I've got.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
those were the exact manuals ive been using. i was a couple levels ahead of you but not much. there are places that suit your level and if you should be able to start gaining levels quickly too. you dont happen to have the Exp Boost skill from the flower do you?

if one place is too hard go somewhere else. toure either exactly ready to tackle some places or will be ready for others with a few levels

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
or switch to Easy mode and faceroll everything until your levels increase to your satisfaction

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Episode 25 is up!

After all of the plot of the last two episodes, Korov joins me for a romp around Neo-Tokyo.

There's not a lot that goes on here except for getting a feel of Neo-Tokyo, going into the...oddly meticulous Lars land and fighting a mermaid. And me DOMINATING the arcade.

She came from the sea. She's a mermaid.

I've been to the land of fish.

I know what a mermaid is.

I'll fight you.

Commentary On

No Commentary

Also there's a video of me eating a twinkie wiener sandwich on my youtube now because I lost a bet against Faantastic and Junglist, enjoy that.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Elswyyr posted:

I've got a purely gameplay question, and this seems to be the general thread for this game now, so I'll post it in spoilers.

I just got the airship. All the areas now are really tough, and I haven't had a gear shop since Shinyu. Is there a town with the next tier of gear, or is it all stealing/toyboxes from now on? I have the damage to fight in most areas, but if the enemies get a hit off it's usually like 400 to the whole party.

There's no real way to skyrocket your defense at that poiny beyond overleveling certain forms, but you can get your hands on some overwhelming offense. Get those Crayons from the Shinryu Arcade by getting good at the Punch Tanaka game, bolster Jimmy's speed in whatever way you can, and combine Mana Burn with any of the other available buffs to wreck everything magically.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The next part of the game is very amusing, even though I’m not a big fan of the character who joins the party for it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the neo tokyo fight theme slaps harder than a yokozuna

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Oxxidation posted:

the neo tokyo fight theme slaps harder than a yokozuna

Land of Fish is a bangin' track. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7lQKR6ypFQ

For those of you who know the game, I'm having Katherine do both of the next two parts because 1) It's long; and 2) I'm going out of town this weekend.

We'll go back to rotating commentators shortly thereafter.

It's kind of funny, Yiik was done in 29 episodes and we're on Episode 25 and a little over halfway done.

Lord. I'm gonna need some more commentators.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 29, 2019

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

GrandmaParty posted:

It's kind of funny, Yiik was done in 29 episodes and we're on Episode 25 and a little over halfway done.

Lord. I'm gonna need some more commentators.

Yes, but YiiK was only good for us to poop on, so it's not like having fewer episodes is a bad thing.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
honestly though, while I get what kasey was probably going for with the "surprise, uncle lars has yellow fever" bit (mood whiplash and showing lars as a failure of a person),
- the former was already achieved with the swing from goofy sincere frisbee fun times to lars trying and failing to hit on a woman
- the latter had already been pretty solidly demonstrated throughout and continued to be in the other parts of his monologue and his fuzzy lars cave
- even if they hadn't, you can signal "this guy's flawed and not doing life well and that partly stems from him having a poo poo attitude that he needs to shift out of" without making him a racist weeb

like, without that bit, I would enjoy the current region more as, like, "hey, this probably means jimmy and lars both like anime! aaw jimmy's dreaming up an anime adventure for him and uncle lars to go on" but now it's just. gross. and stuff that's to come is also gross in light of the exposition we now have of real!lars

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
to celebrate the all-male cast, enjoy this image of a bear and his otter.

that's right. this is why helga is gone. andrew changed his mind about a lot of things.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Plant MONSTER. posted:

that's right. this is why helga is gone. andrew changed his mind about a lot of things.

Sounds like I've got to clear some more room on the ol' fridge.

I'm loving dying

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Oh my, you actually did it.

I'm... I'm in someone's home!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Oh my, you actually did it.

I'm... I'm in someone's home!

You actually did it! You saved us all from permabans!

<3

Kad
Jun 2, 2019

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I love this so much??????????? and this is so oddly specific but thank you for remembering that hair also grows on the lower back like on andrew there. i see so many artists who are like AW YEAH IM GONNA DRAW A HAIRY GUY and they forget that hair grows on more than just the Usual Places

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

• Yet another nice touch: the places in Megatropolis are named for Japanese things that Jimmy has presumably heard in video games (Shinryu) or anime (Tetsuya Kawaii).
  • In Spanish, the word they use for the sound a cat makes is "miau." That makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that the word they use for a dog's bark is "guau." Not only does that not sound anything like a bark, that's also the Spanish word for "wow." I follow a Spanish-language meme page that involves putting a very fat dog into pictures, and seeing that word used a lot in the captions tripped me up for a while.
  • Unlucky Neko hosed my poo poo up so much in Lars's memory cave that I just came back when I had more levels. Note that it's a kind of play on Lucky Neko- whereas the Lucky version is completely defensive and you have no way of knowing whether it will counter physical attacks or deflect magic, Unlucky will either waste a turn or kill a party member. However, Lucky will always drop a Marvelous Coin upon defeat. I prefer not fighting them at all at this point in the game.
  • Super Rad Ghost has the best sprite in the game.
  • Lars's memory cave is the one that reveals the most about any family member's character. As you might expect from his low self-esteem and goony view of Asian women, he's a bit of a do-nothing layabout.
  • As far as I'm concerned, the big prize in the arcade is Karma Release. It's very handy for long boss battles, but since it's for the late game, it's fine to wait to get it a little later.
  • There are no Steam achievements for Jimmy and the Pulsating Mass, so the stones are a substitute for them. Just bragging rights.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thought this was a K.K. Slider song at first.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
The World's Library Enemies
In addition to the following enemies, you will also find Concentric Burtons, Balanced Equations, and members of the Polygon family.
Bookworm's attacks will change depending on what section of the library you fight her in. You can steal Knowledge from her, which prompts her to tell you about a random enemy in the game, though she won't talk about enemies after the World's Library until after you beat the final boss.
-If she reads in any section, she can spend the next turn dealing 300% magical damage to all party members with frozen air.
-In the self-help section, her attack deals 100% physical damage, multiplied by the number of rounds in the battle so far. If she reads here, she can deal that much damage to the entire party the following turn.
-In the history section, she can bite for 125% damage, and if she reads, she can rampage for three 150% damage hits the next turn.
-In the pop fiction section, she can leech physical damage from a party member, and if she reads, she can leech from the whole party.
-In the classics section, she can sip her tea and do nothing, and if she reads, she can deal 100% damage times the number of tea sips she's taken to two party members the next turn.
-If she reads in the periodicals section, she will slash the party for 150% physical damage the next turn.
-If she reads in the biography section, she will run from battle the next turn.
Oh, you want to learn about me? I'm flattered! Well, Bookworms know lots of stuff, especially about other monsters.
Before beating the game: We can only share knowledge over some monsters now, but if you visit us later, maybe after you've beaten The Pulsating Mass, we can tell you about every non-boss monster in the world.
After beating the game: Actually, we're able to tell you about 183 separate monsters. If you're curious about all of them, maybe you're better off comparing notes with friends or something.

Boring Lecture can talk to a party member and make them Sleep. Every other turn it will slam into the party for 50% damage. If another enemy calculates with it, its talking will put the whole party to Sleep.
Living with Boring Lectures is the absolute worst. They keep talking about God-knows-what; if you give them the time of day, you'll nod off in seconds. One time I was on a ladder restocking a Boring Lecture on the top shelf; it started mumbling something, and the next thing I know I'm waking up on the floor with a concussion. Now I wear earplugs most of the time.

Variable Fish changes its attacks and immunities depending on its color, which alternates every round. If red, it will be immune to and counter all physical attacks, and if blue, it will reflect all magical attacks. It will attack with the type of damage it's immune to, and if it sharpens its edges, it will attack for 150% of that damage three times the next turn.
Variable Fish have a volatile cellular structure that causes them to eventually disperse into molecules.

Wubbly can only use a basic attack, but that attack's strength is multiplied by the number of rounds that the battle has gone on so far. You can steal a Rainbow from it. It is only found in the self-help section and you must survive a battle with it for eight turns before that section's hidden door will open.
No one knows where Wubbly came from or what he is, but he appears to exclusively eat rainbows.

Fossil Record can roar, dealing physical damage to all party members with a 25% chance of inflicting Afraid. If it does, it will rampage the next turn, hitting twice for 150% physical damage each time. You can steal a Fossil from it. It is only found in the history section.
Fossil Record is so angry because it was just woken up from a 70 million year nap.

Romancipires can leech health from a party member. Every three turns, they will turn up the charisma and Mind Control a party member. As always, Startle will break this. You can steal a Coffin from them. They are only found in the pop fiction section.
If a human being falls in love with a Romancipire, their story could be the grounds for a best-selling series of novels.

Mr. Darcy will either sip his tea, watch you with disdain, or just watch you each turn. You can steal his Tea; if you do, he will go on a tea-soaked rampage every subsequent turn, dealing 100% physical damage multiplied by every tea sip he took this battle twice. He is only found in the classics section.
Mr. Darcy's unquenchable thirst for tea can't be understated. It's probably for the best that you never witness him when he's out of tea.

If Fifth Street Creeper chuckles, it will attack a party member for 9999 damage next turn, killing them. If another enemy calculates with it, it will slash the party for 150% damage the next turn. It is only found in the periodicals section.
The Fifth Street Creeper's biggest foe is the slow death of print journalism.

Sneaky Lincoln will run away the first chance he gets. You can either steal $1000 or an Artifact from him. He is only found in the biography section; you will need his Artifact to open that section's hidden door.
Sneaky Lincoln actually isn't Abraham Lincoln at all. Abraham Lincoln was a pretty cool dude. Sneaky Lincoln, though... There's just something about that guy I don't trust.

Bonita Vista Enemy
Every battle with at least one Beach Babe makes Jimmy Afraid for the first two rounds. The one with a volleyball will either attack or shield her eyes from the sun. The one with the frisbee will toss it at a party member and run to get it the next turn. If the one on a surfboard rips a gnarly wave, she will either shred into a party member and deal 400% physical damage to them or wipe out and deal 400% physical damage to herself the next turn. The one with the hula hoop will spin it and deal 200% damage twice each turn. You can steal a Beach Ball from the last one.
There are lots of Beach Babes. Maybe you would learn more about them if you took the time to talk to them.

Shinryu Fish Concern Enemies
These enemies will also appear on Dark Dungeon Floors 16-20.
Mr. Fish Head can flop around to deal 50% physical damage to the whole party or hock sick onto a party member. If they space out, they will either flop around, chomp for 125% physical damage, or deal damage and Sick to one party member.
A Mr. Fish Head wandered in from the beach one day, and Shinryu Fish Concern loved him so much they turned him into a mascot. He must have told his friends, though, 'cause they just keep coming.

Gracious Employee can sharpen his knife to get Motivated. If there's a Mr. Fish Head alive at the end of the turn, he will sacrifice it to give himself a permanent 150% stat boost. If he gets serious, he will attack for 150% damage four times the next turn. You can steal Fish Heads from him.
Gracious Employees aren't entitled to health insurance. If they want it so bad, they can pay for it with a second job.

Fish Bucket will spawn a Mr. Fish Head at the end of each of the first three rounds, transforming into a Bonus Catch on the fourth.
Shinryu Fish Concern processes 25,000 fish buckets a day! You can learn about that and many other Shinryu Fish Concern fun facts by taking the tour.

Bonus Catch can attack four times each turn, focus all tentacles on one enemy to deal 300% damage, or run from battle.
Whenever a Shinryu Fish Concern employee gets a Bonus Catch, they're allowed to eat it as long as they don't microwave it in the break room.

Vendotron can rampage for two 150% hits or enable anti-theft protocol. This protocol causes anyone who steals from it to become Grasped. You can steal Xtreme Thunder (Motivating the party), Snack-O's (healing 50% of the party's HP), Big Bag of Sugar (healing 10% of the party's HP), or Punch Punch (Angering the party) from it.
Vendotrons were designed by a mad snacking enthusiast.

Land of Fish Enemies
You can find Mr. Fish Head and Rad Ghost here, in addition to:
Lucky Neko will either counter physical attacks or reflect magical attacks each turn, and run away after three turns. If defeated, it will give you a guaranteed Marvelous Coin. You can steal another one from it, as well as a Maneki-Neko.
Lucky Neko treasures its coin more than anything. Too bad its coin is worthless.

Unlucky Neko will either watch you on its turn, or disembowel and kill a party member. You can steal a Cat Clock from it.
Unlucky Nekos crawl in hidden places. Sometimes they devour house cats and take on their forms. Even their owners can't tell the difference, but they do feel a chill sometimes when looking into the cat's blank, silent gaze.

Super Rad Ghost will groove to a beat on its first turn, dodging everything that turn. It can also tire the party out and give them Ennui, or else run from battle. It is weak to holy and very resistant to physical attacks. If defeated, it will give 10,000 experience points, as much as many end-game bosses.
In order for a Rad Ghost to turn into a Super Rad Ghost, he really just needs a skateboard.

Bosses
The Lingering Eyes will alternate between open and closed each time they take damage. At the end of the turn, they will watch you if both are open, Mind Control a random party member if one is closed, or kill a random party member if both are closed. They can attack, glare to deal 50% physical damage and Startle, and freeze a party member to deal magical damage. If one glints with excitement, they will do one of the following next turn: rampage for three hits of 150% physical damage, release a force to deal 150% magical damage to the party, or shoot a scary look to deal 50% physical damage with a 50% chance of Afraid. If one Lingering Eye goes down, the other will eventually revive it at the surviving Eye's current health level.

The undead Beach Babe can cry, thicken the water to magically damage the party and inflict Sticky, or grab you with an icy hand, damaging a party member and inflicting Afraid. She can also pull a party member underwater, inflicting Drowning, which will kill them in two turns. If she rises above the water, Jimmy will become Afraid, and the entire party will start Drowning the following turn. Startling her will cure Drowning without killing anyone.

FURNITURE UPDATE
Space Set (+5 MDF)
-Moon (+1 ATK): Made of special bouncy polymer blend, not cheese. Buy from Ms. Robin in Bonita Vista.
-Space Ship (+1 AGI): Now you just need some jet fuel... Buy from Ms. Robin in Bonita Vista.
-Astronaut (+1 MAT): Not very talkative for some reason. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.
-Satellite (+1 MDF): Maybe it's broadcasting Jonathon Bear's show. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.

High-End Set (+3 to all stats)
-Classy Table (+1 ATK): Perfect for a classy diner. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.
-Classy Painting (+1 AGI): Makes you feel contemplative. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.
-Classy Vase (+1 MDF): This will brighten up the living room. Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.
-Classy Lamp (+1 LUK): It's not THAT classy... Buy from the Shinryu furniture shop.

Scaly Set (???)
-Snake Hatrack (+2 MAT): Perfect for various hats worn by various snakes. Steal from The Younger Mr. Asp in The Wilted Lands.
-Vanity Mirror (+2 LUK): A must-have for the self-absorbed. Steal from Naga in Castle Dragon.
-Colorful Lamp (+2 MDF): Careful to not cut yourself on the right angles. Steal from Variable Fish in The World's Library.
-???
-???

Girly Set (???)
-Dolly (+2 MAT): Sometimes its head turns to follow your movement. Steal from Dolly in Whispering Valley/Turnbuckle's Mansion.
-Beach Ball (+2 LUK): C-could you g-get this one, Punch? Steal from the Beach Babe with the hula hoop in Bonita Vista.
-High-Heel Shoe (+2 ATK): Super fashionable, super expensive. Steal from Goblin Thief in west King's March.
-???
-???

Gross Set (???)
-Pile of Goo (+2 MDF): Viscous slime of unknown origin. Steal from Slime in north King's March.
-Fish Heads (+2 AGI): Dad says some people eat these. Steal from Gracious Employee in Shinryu Fish Concern.
-Toilet (+2 LUK): Hasn't been cleaned since the '70s. Steal from nightmare Jennifer Skunk in Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest.
-???
-???

Creepy Set (???)
-Pumpkin TV (+2 MAT): Only shows footage of screeching ghouls. Steal from Goblin Warlock in east and south King's March.
-Coffin (+2 DEF): Smells like WAY too much perfume. Steal from Romancipires in the romance section of The World's Library.
-Bat Chair (+2 AGI): Capable of flight and echolocation. Steal from Skreet in Grimclaw's Nest.
-???
-???

Fuzzy Set (???)
-Stuffed Skitter (+2 AGI): Made from synthetic materials. Steal from Skitter in Giant Garden.
-Maneki-Neko (+2 LUK): Provides wealth to your home or business. Steal from Lucky Neko in the Land of Fish.
-Cat Clock (+2 MAT): All hands point to death. Steal from Unlucky Neko in the Land of Fish.
-Raccoon Bin (+2 DEF): Digging through this is Molly's secret shame. Steal from normal Molly Raccoon in Jonathon Bear's Playtime Forest.
-???

Weird Set (???)
-Big Cheese (+2 MAT): Nice, stinky, swamp cheese. Steal from Scriff Tribesman in Blood Marsh.
-Rainbow (+2 LUK): Wait, where has this been... Steal from Wubbly in the self-help section of The World's Library.
-Fossil (+2 DEF): These skeletons use to be everywhere? Scary! Steal from Fossil Record in the history section of The World's Library.
-Abstract Art (+2 MDF): Looks like...something. What do you think? Steal from Chatterbox in Temple of Sight.
-???

Musical Set (???)
-Harp (+3 MAT): Unlike Harply, this just sits there. Found in Harply's house in Legato, without Helga in your party.
-Guitar (+3 ATK): Magic strings prevent this from going out of tune. Found in Ebeezil's Domain.
-Speaker Cabinet (+3 MDF): Loudens quiet sounds. Found in Fermata Forest.
-Treble Clef (+3 AGI): A huge clef for a huge score. Found in Legato Castle.
-???
-???

Geometric Set (???)
-Cube (+3 DEF): What does it do? Why is it here? Found in Symmetrical Cavern.
-Pyramid (+3 MAT): Complete with a tiny pharaoh inside. Found in The World's Library, through the Sneaky Lincoln door.
-Happiness Sphere (+3 LUK): Constantly says, "You will be happy." Found in Temple of Sight.
-???
-???
-???

Modern Set (???)
-Elegant Ice Swan (+3 DEF): Somehow doesn't melt. Buy from the Shinryu furniture store.
-Sculpture (+3 LUK): Don't look at the price tag... Found in the Land of Fish.
-Plasma Television (+3 MAT): You can't change the channel. Where's the remote? Buy from the Shinryu arcade.
-???
-???
-???

Mystical Set (???)
-Easter Island Statue (+3 DEF): Mainly just scowls at everyone. Found on Dark Dungeon Floors 6-10.
-Voodoo Mask (+3 MAT): Whispered Curses can be heard around it. Found on Dark Dungeon Floors 16-20.
-???
-???
-???
-???

Other
-Slab of Beef (+4 ATK): Unsanitary! Found in Slither's Burrow.
-Bookshelf (+4 MAT): Filled with lengthy books that are hard to read. Found in The World's Library.
-Dice (+4 LUK): Giant novelty dice used for giant novelty yahtzee. Buy from the Shinryu arcade.
-Bronze Jimmy (Counts toward completion of every common set): It's you... only bronze! Talk to sobbing girl after defeating the undead Beach Babe.

Would you like me to repeat that?

Solitair fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Aug 17, 2019

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

GrandmaParty posted:

After all of the plot of the last two episodes, Korov joins me for a romp around Neo-Tokyo Neo-Osaka.
FTFY, per the name of Shinryu's signature music track.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Kad posted:

I love this so much??????????? and this is so oddly specific but thank you for remembering that hair also grows on the lower back like on andrew there. i see so many artists who are like AW YEAH IM GONNA DRAW A HAIRY GUY and they forget that hair grows on more than just the Usual Places

inspired by this one guy I saw one time who was hairless except for the small of his back, which was loaded like you wouldn't believe. What purpose does that hair serve? To capture pollen? Were we once bees?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Plant MONSTER. posted:

inspired by this one guy I saw one time who was hairless except for the small of his back, which was loaded like you wouldn't believe. What purpose does that hair serve? To capture pollen? Were we once bees?

There's a character in Letterkenny called Ratass because he's got an insanely hairy lower back... And tends to rip his shirt off whenever he gets in a scrap.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
We were once apes/monkeys. Never forget this. Some things survive evolution pressures even without the 'need' of it simply because it causes no actual harm. Isn't that area roughly where a tail would have been if we still had one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I have broken down and added a no commentary playlist for people who hate talking about lunchables and foreskin. Working on updating the ops as well.