Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mymla posted:

It's ok to end shows before they completely jump the shark.
It's doubly ok to plan a show's ending in advance so you don't end up with dumb rushed poo poo like person of interest's last season.

Person of Interest did plan their ending though

And it was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Rocksicles posted:

I hope Ward doesn't, it's been done to loving death.

And he can get whatevered to death one more time.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Proteus Jones posted:

I just love how CBS was obviously ordering a series based on their tried and true formula: Procedural of the Week. And that's what was delivered, but it slowly morphed into a multi-season spanning dystopian science fiction show until the the procedurals were either the b-plot or ended up serving the over-arcing story-line of dueling AIs deciding whether humanity will be self determining or subtly curated by elimnating non-conforming members.

Also, the music selection was top rate. The stand-outs were the use of Bowie's I'm Afraid of Americans and Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt.

This screenshot sort of looks goofy out of context but in context it's sooooooooooo good. Just pure rage killing a guy, then he picks up the phone and realizes he's on the motherfucking TEAM

:unsmith:Can't touch Fusco

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
The logical move against Azil is to send in LMD's.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Proteus Jones posted:

I just love how CBS was obviously ordering a series based on their tried and true formula: Procedural of the Week. And that's what was delivered, but it slowly morphed into a multi-season spanning dystopian science fiction show until the the procedurals were either the b-plot or ended up serving the over-arcing story-line of dueling AIs deciding whether humanity will be self determining or subtly curated by elimnating non-conforming members.

Also, the music selection was top rate. The stand-outs were the use of Bowie's I'm Afraid of Americans and Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt.

How dare you forget Sinnerman! That was the moment when the series absolutely clicked from; This is interesting...to Holy Piss gently caress!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

How dare you forget Sinnerman! That was the moment when the series absolutely clicked from; This is interesting...to Holy Piss gently caress!

I got goosebumps just from you mentioning that song. I'm a sucker for good musical accompaniment scenes and PoI delivered.

E: And yeah, the way the show did its story was interesting. A lot of procedurals start off with an interesting premise and then it dissolves into the background (with maybe an occasional episode of "oh yeah this guy's got a terminal disease better focus on it for drama" and then back to normal), PoI built on it instead. AoS does that pretty well too; references to old seasons don't feel forced and it's not the "why don't they just do X from last week" that some of the other superhero shows have. This is helped by them pretty much abandoning the procedural format after early season 1.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 29, 2019

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The only acceptable way to bring Ward back is if the monolith brings him back, and the entire team immediately turns and shoots him, and he's only screen for maybe 5 seconds before poofing again.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rocksicles posted:

I hope Ward doesn't, it's been done to loving death.

You mean like... like in a comic book?

OB_Juan posted:

And he can get whatevered to death one more time.

counterfeitsaint posted:

The only acceptable way to bring Ward back is if the monolith brings him back, and the entire team immediately turns and shoots him, and he's only screen for maybe 5 seconds before poofing again.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think they need to shoot him for longer than five seconds imo.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

howe_sam posted:

I think they need to shoot him for longer than five seconds imo.

Cut to Deke going 'what the hell just happened'.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yep, like in a comic book!

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
They should bring back the dog and have the dog shoot Ward. It's only right.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Boris Galerkin posted:

But the dog will simply miss on purpose and let Ward go. And then they'll talk.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

A Dear Sister parody of every dead character cameoing just to shoot Ward with the main cast.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Re-watching S1 and its rough about the edges but it still has some great moments. The end of eye-spy is a legit awesome twist.

FZZT is also pretty emotional, and Fitz faffing about with the parachute while Ward grabs it and jumps without a second thought owns. Makes me feel like he actually did care about them, he probably was a bit sad to drop em in the ocean.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

PunkBoy, when you do gifs for this episode, please include one of that little tilt he does as he walks down the hallway toward Skye.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Re-watching S1 and its rough about the edges but it still has some great moments. The end of eye-spy is a legit awesome twist.

FZZT is also pretty emotional, and Fitz faffing about with the parachute while Ward grabs it and jumps without a second thought owns. Makes me feel like he actually did care about them, he probably was a bit sad to drop em in the ocean.

Ward mentions it later as being a calculated ploy help earn the team's trust, so on rewatching it seems more like him being absolutely confident in pulling it off and ripping the parachute out of Fitz' hands so as to not lose the opportunity.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I assume not everyone has seen this, but Babish making The Fitz Sandwich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xugufifsB4s

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Boris Galerkin posted:

Only if it looked like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGpI72vIeJ8

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's the last day of shooting.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Rocksicles posted:

I assume not everyone has seen this, but Babish making The Fitz Sandwich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xugufifsB4s

I can't describe why but I hate this guy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nooneofconsequence posted:

On this forum i thought nothing would surprise me, but here we are.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

On this forum i thought nothing would surprise me, but here we are.

Yeah Binging with Babish is cool

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

nooneofconsequence posted:

I can’t describe why but I hate this poster.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I can’t describe why but I hate this poster.

tviv.txt

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Spoilering just in case, but this is from the last day of shooting

https://twitter.com/LukeMitchell__/status/1156608176558448642?s=19

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

swickles posted:

Spoilering just in case, but this is from the last day of shooting

https://twitter.com/LukeMitchell__/status/1156608176558448642?s=19

-cries a single tear remembering we'll never get to see the Bobbi/Lance spinoff-

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

stratofarius posted:

-cries a single tear remembering we'll never get to see the Bobbi/Lance spinoff-

God damnit.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I'm drawing a blank with the twitter image - who's the blonde lady?

CeeJee posted:

The logical move against Azil is to send in LMD's.

I thought for sure their plan would involve connecting her to the simulated world.

It would mean sacrificing an agent, but small price to pay for all life in the galaxy.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Adrianne Palicki

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm drawing a blank with the twitter image - who's the blonde lady?

Adrianne Palicki / Bobbi

e: beaten, stupid phone call distracting me

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lol at the guy who just went for two hand fulls of Mac

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Rocksicles posted:

Adrianne Palicki

Wow, she was squatting down further than I thought.

They all look so different as a group of happy people, like Agents of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wow, she was squatting down further than I thought.

They all look so different as a group of happy people, like Agents of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

The outfits they used for that shoot really helped accentuate the goofy mood too.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Killer robot posted:

The outfits they used for that shoot really helped accentuate the goofy mood too.

No-Yo

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

It's from 2015 apparently.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Aleph Null posted:

God damnit.

The thing is, I think if we had gotten Most Wanted, it probably would have been canceled after one season or two a la Agent Carter.

drat. Now I made myself sad again. Remember Agent Carter? God, I loved Agent Carter. Every time one of the main male characters of Agent Carter pops up in another movie, I get a little sad remembering that great show (Shea Wigham AKA Roger Dooley popped up in most of my favorite movies last year).

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

stratofarius posted:

The thing is, I think if we had gotten Most Wanted, it probably would have been canceled after one season or two a la Agent Carter.

drat. Now I made myself sad again. Remember Agent Carter? God, I loved Agent Carter. Every time one of the main male characters of Agent Carter pops up in another movie, I get a little sad remembering that great show (Shea Wigham AKA Roger Dooley popped up in most of my favorite movies last year).

At least Jarvis got that Endgame scene

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Doesn't excuse the lack of Triplett. Also who's that behind Chloe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

RareAcumen posted:

Doesn't excuse the lack of Triplett. Also who's that behind Chloe?

Do you mean Henry Simmons with half his face covered or unsmiling Nick Blood?