Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Captain Invictus posted:

new max level witch, in which a ghost with a questionable attitude joins the crew

oh my gosh this manga is so cute. I was expecting something else from that description but nope it's just an office lady chilling as a witch and making friends and family, gosh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Literally making family in some cases :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

After 5 months of silence, a new update.

https://mangadex.org/title/23013/the-vengeful-white-cat-lounging-on-the-dragon-king-s-lap

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
I think it was this thread that pointed me toward I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss a few months back. It updated again today, so that's cool.

Dunno how I feel about the chapter though. I feel like having multiple reincarnators running around and being at each other's throats doesn't really jibe well with the whole "villainous otome game" genre. I haven't ever seen it done in a way that I liked. Maybe this time will be different, though I doubt it since I've seen "crazy main character girl who thinks the whole world revolves around her because she's the MAIN CHARACTER" done before.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it has a very important innovation on the otome game reincarnation genre, which is cute fluffy animal mascots

Osci
Oct 11, 2016

:3:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Pollyanna posted:

In today’s This Time I Will Definitely Be Happy, revelations! Maybe.

Hmm, this just leaves us a new question. Assuming that Demon Lord A is the original, and then 2nd Gen Hero received Jun's powers/consumed Demon Lord A's soul to become Demon Lord B...then where do the 3rd-current generation heroes get their powers from?

It's probably just me, but I'm not really keen on the whole "character transforms into an animal and is treated as someone's beloved pet" thing. There's just something rather skeevy about loving a pet or sleeping on the bed with it when you're unaware that it's actually a person.

Though I guess without the transformation angle, this would be almost identical to the other "girl gets rejected for the person she was transported with" isekai manga that was linked in this thread.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

amigolupus posted:

It's probably just me, but I'm not really keen on the whole "character transforms into an animal and is treated as someone's beloved pet" thing. There's just something rather skeevy about loving a pet or sleeping on the bed with it when you're unaware that it's actually a person.

Though I guess without the transformation angle, this would be almost identical to the other "girl gets rejected for the person she was transported with" isekai manga that was linked in this thread.

Eh at least she is doing it completely on purpose - she can transform freely between the cat form and her true form, and does it to hide her human self from everyone to avoid getting too tangled up in politics. I think there was like a chapter where she was stuck as a cat, but can't remember, haven't read the earlier chapters in a long time.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Hmm, this just leaves us a new question. Assuming that Demon Lord A is the original, and then 2nd Gen Hero received Jun's powers/consumed Demon Lord A's soul to become Demon Lord B...then where do the 3rd-current generation heroes get their powers from?

they are all people who were close to the reincarnated original hero. they weren't born as heroes, but rather became heroes because of their relationship to her. i'm not sure why that resulted in all of them ditching her without a word, though.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they are all people who were close to the reincarnated original hero. they weren't born as heroes, but rather became heroes because of their relationship to her. i'm not sure why that resulted in all of them ditching her without a word, though.

amigolupus posted:

probably the answers to both these questions are tied up in whatever fuckery was being alluded to at the end of chapter 12

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

They ditched her because they're not her destined love, obviously. The one who came back for her this time was the original hero's rival in love.

edit: Keep the Final Boss: Actually kind of an interesting twist that the heroine's memories awakened as a direct consequence of the villainess breaking the timeline.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jul 26, 2019

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Eh at least she is doing it completely on purpose - she can transform freely between the cat form and her true form, and does it to hide her human self from everyone to avoid getting too tangled up in politics. I think there was like a chapter where she was stuck as a cat, but can't remember, haven't read the earlier chapters in a long time.

Yeah, at least there's a (kind of contrived) political reason why the transformation stuff is added in. It's not like Ranma 1/2 where the piglet did it just to spite Ranma. I guess I just can't imagine how reveals like this will work out in a way that doesn't have the owner completely hate the transformed person forever.

So by being close to Louisa and her past lives, those heroes were acting like sponges and absorbing parts of her leftover power? My guess is that the past heroes only recover their memories after they got married to someone else and can no longer go back to her.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think they have significant past lives. it's not that she is always the hero's lover, but rather that each of her lovers becomes the hero. the original louisa gave her powers to a guy and then died while he was away. that guy to wasn't anyone special at the time, either. that general scenario been repeating itself each time.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It could just simply be that authorities in the past simply threatened the heroes to abandon her before. We only remember 2~3 previous timelines when the implications now is that it has happened 7 or 8 times.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

That manga makes it sound like the main character's lovers are the equivalent to Gregor in What We Do in the Shadows.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
What if the reason the demon lord revives each time is because Louisa has a relationship with a hero? So this time because the guy stayed faithful the demon lord remains a threat.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 27, 2019

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
new Sword Dad
Fran meets a Necromancer who's also looking to explore the flying island.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is around where the wn translation went to complete poo poo

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

okay so it's not isekai but I think villainess stuff counts

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Oh, so someone picked up the manga! I've been reading the WN and it's been pretty simple silly stuff.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Double post, but I checked out the group doing the translation of Slow Prison Life and saw they're doing (both! I didn't know there was one, let alone two) the manga versions of a WN I've been thinking of recommending here, so why not.

Magic Artisan Dahliya Won't Hang Her Head - A Free Craftsman Life From Now On
This one follows the WN, in that it starts with Dahliya, a reincarnator who's now in her 20s, being asked by her fiance to annul their engagement, set up by their fathers years ago, the day they've finished moving in together into a newly built house (he's an immense idiot and unrepentant rear end in a top hat, and neither of them really loved the other). After living two subservient lives, she decides gently caress this, she's going to stop bowing to other's wants and do whatever she wants to do. Having an interest in electronics manufacturing in her last life and being born to a magical device craftsman in this one, she resumes her trade on her own terms instead of her fiance's. There may be less nitty gritty craftsmanship than you'd like if that's your main interest, but things have only just started so I don't know for sure. From a very brief look at a couple pages of the other manga, that might be a slightly better option from that angle.

Speaking of, the second manga, Magic Artisan Dahliya Won't Hang Her Head - Dahliya Wilts No More, seems to take place while she's growing up, filling out stuff that's only tangentially, or not at all, covered in the WN. I haven't checked it out yet, but I'm planning to when I get home.

They're both recent mangas and only have two releases out in English, just as a heads up. The WN translation has only gotten about halfway through the second chapter of the first manga, so it's probably not worth checking out unless you want a few details regarding some stuff the manga skimmed over.

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Onean posted:

Oh, so someone picked up the manga! I've been reading the WN and it's been pretty simple silly stuff.

thanks for linking that, fun read

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Read the Dahliya comics when they came out, I don't get what the author intended with that setup. She regains her memories as a kid, resolves to avoid her bleak future, then ??? goes through with it anyways cuz I guess the author needs to fill that tragic isekai heroine trope?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jul 30, 2019

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Villainess! Shoujo Ai! Isekai!

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib
...one chapter

:smith:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

heroine: better stay away from the villainess so i dont share her punishment
also heroine: oh no shes hot

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

heroine: better stay away from the villainess so i dont share her punishment

Oh hell yeah, it's exactly what I wanted.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
The isekai truck claims another; when will it be stopped!?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nihilarian posted:

:same:

nrook posted:

The isekai truck claims another; when will it be stopped!?
There are no brakes to the Isekai MC-maker. :twisted:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I need a story about the isekai truck guy whose job is to mow down all these people so that their stories can get started

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

UnfurledSails posted:

I need a story about the isekai truck guy whose job is to mow down all these people so that their stories can get started

This is literally a thing

https://mangadex.org/title/26458/isekai-transporter

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 30, 2019

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And it's gloriously in depth!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I want one of the EDF-style government trying to shove already half-awakened people into the next world but it's already at the point where collapsing a building on them isn't working. It's like they're Team Rocket or something, one of them got struck by lightning and they just slept it off and woke up around noon the next day.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
come on rose, this is some bakarina-level thinking

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Bread as incredible as flan, though?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Let's ask this random anime character, Mr. Desty Nova!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

"Can you drift?" :allears:

Too bad it hasn't been updated for some time, though - Stories about the logistics and bureaucracy of supernatural things like this are my jam.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
How about an isekai where he's reincarnated into a different isekai. Guy gets hit by a truck, wakes up as someone else, steps outside and then gets hit by a truck again, then gets reincarnated into a fantasy setting.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

David D. Davidson posted:

How about an isekai where he's reincarnated into a different isekai. Guy gets hit by a truck, wakes up as someone else, steps outside and then gets hit by a truck again, then gets reincarnated into a fantasy setting.
isekai speedrun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nihilarian posted:

isekai speedrun
Okay fine, but no 4th wall breaks as penalty.