Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Adus posted:

are those major SAM buffs or am i just misunderstanding? cause they didn't really seem like a class that needed buffs.
SAM wasn't posting all that much higher over MNK and DRG before this patch and doesn't have any group buff utility at that, so at the very least I'd imagine the ideal tweak goal is to push them a little higher if they're going to be the "Black Mage of Melee DPS".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Fister Roboto posted:

As a tank main, tanks are the best they've ever been right now.

:wrong:

Nah, Living Dead is an abyss that sucks in healer cooldowns and GCDs, and all it has to offer in comparison is a longer cooldown than Holmgang and no damage immunity like Superbolide.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
MNK changes look great.

I use SSS decently often in the current EX fights to Go Do Mechanics. TK on the other hand only gets used as part of SSS to TK to Anatman for long transitions (twice on TitEx!), or SSS to TK for the boss finish.

LunarEmerald
Oct 8, 2014

Gorelab posted:

Yeah they're all like 5% apart DPSwise and all decent at non-DPS stuff.

They're not really. PLD is so much better than WAR and DRK right now. They have so much more mitigation options and utility while providing the same dps. PLDs can solo the HW ex primals. No other tank can do this.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Glagha posted:

Because I saw someone post it earlier for SMN, as a heads up, do NOT save Ruin IV for bahamut! Bahamut doesn't work how he used to. Before, you'd Ruin II as much as possible to weave as many festers and what have you to maximize wyrmwaves. This doesn't work anymore, Bahamut only waves on GCD spells. Cast Ruin III, and save your Ruin IVs for weaving egi assaults and poo poo outside of DWT.
I'm still figuring out the general flow of the class but the primary reason I started saving Ruin IV's for Bahamut was because with the damage increase removed from DWT I found no reason to not Tri-Disaster and then DWT to get a refresh for it so I could have a Tri-Disaster ready for Bahamut. I figured the Ruination boosted Ruin IV's combined with the wyrmwaves would make up for the (also Ruination boosted) Ruin II's I was casting instead of III's.

Also I always felt like I wasn't getting as many Wyrmwaves out with Ruin III spam compared to Ruin IV/II spam.

Also it kept me mobile for the bosses where that was an issue.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

It's a bit more damage, since 3 sen into kenki into ogcds is more damage than Midare Setsugekka. It also is a nice QoL change, because sometimes you end up with Sen you don't want to spend, and want to reset to redo your opener. It was kinda nice just barelling into Midare's all day every day, but it'll be nice to have back.

I've had to 'waste' sen on openers a few times, either hitting a boss with an extra haga or a tenka or even a midare before going into my proper opener. It's the main reason I wasn't so hot on ikishoten replacing it completely because sometimes you just need to dump some sen.

It'll be a slight damage increase via more Shintens happening but it won't change the new flow of the class much at all (a Kaeshi Midare is more potency than hagakure'd shintens.) It's a good QoL change.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I'm a Ninja.

:negative:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

EponymousMrYar posted:

I've had to 'waste' sen on openers a few times, either hitting a boss with an extra haga or a tenka or even a midare before going into my proper opener. It's the main reason I wasn't so hot on ikishoten replacing it completely because sometimes you just need to dump some sen.

It'll be a slight damage increase via more Shintens happening but it won't change the new flow of the class much at all (a Kaeshi Midare is more potency than hagakure'd shintens.) It's a good QoL change.

Yeah, I liked Ikishoten so I can dump a Senei no effort right away, but I always need to do dump poo poo like an unbuffed midare or overcap a sen after transitions.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jul 30, 2019

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The Grimace posted:

I'm a Ninja.

:negative:

Congrats on your potency buff!

LunarEmerald
Oct 8, 2014

I think SAM is gonna be crazy if hagakure doesn't share a recast time with Ikishoten. Crazy in a bad way because it'll feel busy as hell.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Cabbit posted:

Congrats on your potency buff!

I'm sorry, did you say something?

I couldn't hear you over the sound of my crying. And the sound of me having to screw up Ten-Chi-Jin again because the enemy decided to lay a billion area attacks right as I use it.

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

LunarEmerald posted:

PLDs can solo the HW ex primals. No other tank can do this.

Clemency is not raid utility.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

LunarEmerald posted:

I think SAM is gonna be crazy if hagakure doesn't share a recast time with Ikishoten. Crazy in a bad way because it'll feel busy as hell.
I don't think so, if only because the addition of Tsubame-gaeshi (or the Kaeshi's) regulate it to filler. You don't want to go back to the old 4.0 openers because a Kaeshi: Tenka/Midare does more damage than a Hagakure's worth of Shintens/Gyotens.

Ikishoten lines up with sword lasers (guren) and cross slash (senei) and you'll want to use it for that and you'll get another use out of filler. Assuming Hagakure has it's old CD, you'll probably get that at the same rate so you'll have like, another 4 or 5 more Shintens to throw around when you're not building/keeping from overcapping your core rotation.

That's still not as busy as SMN is.

LunarEmerald
Oct 8, 2014

VHGS posted:

Clemency is not raid utility.

It's self-sustainability in times of emergency. DRK in particular is awful at recovering its own HP. Which is funny when it needs it the most for Living Dead. :suicide:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

LunarEmerald posted:

It's self-sustainability in times of emergency. DRK in particular is awful at recovering its own HP. Which is funny when it needs it the most for Living Dead. :suicide:

None of the things you’re describing are remotely relevant in a raid environment.

“Paladin is super good at soloing old content!” is a complete non factor to actual game balance.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im so excited about those monk buffs im gonna repost my monk screenshots

im hype to PUNCH

oh yeah and i finally got all my crafters to 60 so i don't have to do moogle dailies anymore!! finally!!

LunarEmerald
Oct 8, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

None of the things you’re describing are remotely relevant in a raid environment.

“Paladin is super good at soloing old content!” is a complete non factor to actual game balance.

That was merely an example of the difference between the tanks. What I said doesn't apply to just soloing old content.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't know anything about serious raiding, rotations, or timing but

Hammering an instant-cast kaeshi-setsugekka is gonna feel real good

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

My faith in AST has been rewarded.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
As soon as the servers come up, can someone please bumrush the market board and buy all of the cloudsbreath?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Old crafting materials chat: if mobs drop wolf fangs in ARR content, Castrum for example, they're going for about 1k NQ right now.

Good idea in general to check a list of the new recipes and see what old mats are back in style.

Fister Roboto posted:

As a tank main, tanks are the best they've ever been right now.

Yeah, I'm actually relieved they didn't get nerfed.

Kevsop
Jul 20, 2011

Pork Pro
It looks like they just shifted Excalibur back to a Standard World so if you were waiting for that to get in, now is the time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Crafted weapons: https://imgur.com/a/7mN5IvG
Tomestone weapons: https://imgur.com/a/MEiGmjc
Eden Savage weapons: https://imgur.com/a/LOWzMoJ

I like the Tomestone gear best, followed by crafted, followed by Eden savage. I kinda just hate the whole Eden gear aesthetic.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The crafted and tomestone DNC weapons make me want a Warframe cross-promotion event.

Mordiceius posted:

Crafted weapons: https://imgur.com/a/7mN5IvG
Tomestone weapons: https://imgur.com/a/MEiGmjc
Eden Savage weapons: https://imgur.com/a/LOWzMoJ

I like the Tomestone gear best, followed by crafted, followed by Eden savage. I kinda just hate the whole Eden gear aesthetic.

I kind of like some of the Eden weapons. Each type has its share of great and not so great designs. Meanwhile, Eden WAR looks like they put a smaller axe on a stick and it's so bad I love it.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jul 30, 2019

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Completed Role Quest spoiler:It looks like the tomestone tank model is the shadow keeper's gear and all the tomestome gear is themed after the warriors of the 13th.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
energy drain coming back for SCH got me honking like a goose

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
freaking nutting over here

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
scholar

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Eden savage mount spoiler: Savage mount is the landspeeder you carpooled to eden in. Its a 4 person mount too.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Iron Prince posted:

freaking nutting over here

i can tell

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pharohman777 posted:

Eden savage mount spoiler: Savage mount is the landspeeder you carpooled to eden in. Its a 4 person mount too.

Nice, was hoping for Titan car but this is good too.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Savage mount:

I'm hoping wings pop out when it goes airborne.

God, I might have to raid savage this tier.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I kinda want to level a monk simply because the little cactus fist weapons you get from the Golden Saucer are so amazingly cute :ohdear:

How bad an idea is this? How much of a nightmare is monk?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Der Shovel posted:

I kinda want to level a monk simply because the little cactus fist weapons you get from the Golden Saucer are so amazingly cute :ohdear:

Once you get used to the idea of positional combat and the fact that its damage output drops off for a bit if you're in a situation where you can't keep doing the rotation, it's a really great class.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Der Shovel posted:

Way less of a nightmare with nice things like "an actual AOE combo". It's fun to punch!

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

super sweet best pal posted:

Once you get used to the idea of positional combat and the fact that its damage output drops off for a bit if you're in a situation where you can't keep doing the rotation, it's a really great class.

As of the latest patch notes, you can spam Form Shift between battles to keep up your Greased Lightning stacks (but not build them).

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Clarste posted:

As of the latest patch notes, you can spam Form Shift between battles to keep up your Greased Lightning stacks (but not build them).

That is a huge game changer, up there with the death of TP.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

:siren: splash emote and endless summer outfit with the flip-up sunglasses are available on the mogstation :siren:

also some more weird far eastern outfits but the male one has a fedora so some people here might be interested

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
I really thought they'd buff DRK's cooldowns and hand out tiny potency increases to more jobs.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

super sweet best pal posted:

The crafted and tomestone DNC weapons make me want a Warframe cross-promotion event.
As someone who named their Lalafell 'Orokin Reactor', I would be on board with this. :v: I already have the Scaevan bow, which looks like an Orokin take on the Lenz. (Those DNC weapons really do look like the Glaive from Dark Sector.)

I also have this new glamour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

SPLASHY SPLASHY

i don't regret staying up til 5 am for this