Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

dantheman650 posted:

I’m wearing headphone and can hear the sounds just fine but I still can’t figure out how far away from me she is. Also, she only breaks furniture sometimes. I’ve tried this fight 20+ times and only made it into the second phase 3 of them.

Also, I hear the sound of the scythe dragging, and try to roll, but the scrape upwards catches me no matter how I try to time it.

I listened for the noise she make when she lands, a breath, and then the dragging of the scythe and just started rolling rolling rolling until I saw her again.

Also keeping your back to the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Heithinn Grasida posted:

The mod maker so far has mentioned any save breaking issues in new patches, and I haven’t had any problems. Anyway, that play through is done. Spun to win against soul of cinder with the dancer’s enchanted swords and killed both phases more or less instantly. Started a new game with a dark build and am having fun with the covenant that adds more enemies and increases aggression. Hopefully it will still be a while before I find something ridiculously overpowered and break the game. Casters really do feel more fun and satisfying to play, not just easier, and the it’s great to be able to go and get whatever gear or weapons you want. There are definitely some really unbalanced builds possible, though.

Actually good to hear that melee can break the game since what I’ve used has made it feel like it’s really a spellcaster’s mod overall, and the soul of cinder’s absurdly increased health would have taken a year to get through without my spells while it was totally fine with my lightning assault rifle. But I’ve really been enjoying the new engraved dagger the rest of the time, which is the first time I’ve ever used a dagger seriously in a souls game. I lightning infused it and it’s eh normally, but lightning weapon just about doubles its damage and lets it slice apart big enemies in one combo. Feels really good.

I might just go ahead and make a dark character on the latest version as soon as I’m done with the DLCs since he’s changed so much since I started, and I keep finding dark items.

Are the named NPC enemies any better on the current version? On my version some of them have 8000 health, 3 estus, are unstaggerable due to the poise changes, and have instakills from 1500 health and 33% absorption.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Digirat posted:

Actually good to hear that melee can break the game since what I’ve used has made it feel like it’s really a spellcaster’s mod overall, and the soul of cinder’s absurdly increased health would have taken a year to get through without my spells while it was totally fine with my lightning assault rifle. But I’ve really been enjoying the new engraved dagger the rest of the time, which is the first time I’ve ever used a dagger seriously in a souls game. I lightning infused it and it’s eh normally, but lightning weapon just about doubles its damage and lets it slice apart big enemies in one combo. Feels really good.

I might just go ahead and make a dark character on the latest version as soon as I’m done with the DLCs since he’s changed so much since I started, and I keep finding dark items.

Are the named NPC enemies any better on the current version? On my version some of them have 8000 health, 3 estus, are unstaggerable due to the poise changes, and have instakills from 1500 health and 33% absorption.

I think the NPCs are a little better, but there are still some pretty obnoxious ones. The last one I really had trouble with was the pyromancer in the dreg heap, just because she did 50% of my health with a single whip r1. Typically, ranged attacks, wrath of the gods or the dancer’s enchanted blenders made short work of them, though. Bows with a quick shot on roll (short bow, composite bow and white birch bow) are extremely good against them too.

I also used the engraved dagger for a lot of my run and found it really useful. Eventually switched to other weapons, but it was nice to feel strong with a dagger.

I can say that the complaint I’ve seen in the thread about earlier versions, that there are tons of outrider knights and pusses of man and etc. seems to have been addressed. I think there were a few more than in vanilla, but they were still rare and didn’t feel obnoxious.

At first I also felt like this might be caster supremacy: the mod, but there are some nice changes and very powerful options for melee characters too. Luck melee builds are apparently super strong, for example. One thing I really like is that one of the recent versions buffed the poo poo out of ranged weapons. Bows still have limitations and aren’t great for dealing tons of damage really fast, so can prove less useful against bosses or large enemies, but are really, really good in general combat now. Casters are still more versatile than melee characters, and there might be still be some overpowered spells, but melee has great tools as well. The infusion system still is extremely biased in favor of casters, though, so I hope that changes in the future.

Edit: It turns out bows might be pretty broken, too. I forgot all about quick shot, which has no damage penalty and uses less stamina than a normal shot, and the black bow’s triple shot comes out very fast, homes in with many different arrow types and simply obliterates enemies.

Heithinn Grasida fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 31, 2019

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

dantheman650 posted:

I have the Irithyll SS, Vordt’s Hammer, and a Great Heavy Axe all maxed out. Doing damage and stunlocking her isn’t an issue. It’s just taking damage on that stupid grab.

Firstly, note that Friede always seems to jump 'over' you, so she ends up behind you. It might be my imagination but I think the trail she leaves behind when she jumps into the air actually slightly arcs in the direction that she jumps.
Also, a small puff of snow appears wherever she lands.
Once she lands, she pretty much doesn't move from that spot until she attacks.
And she seems to jump approximately the same distance away from you each time, except if a wall blocks her and makes her land closer to you.

The grab IS dodgeable but it's very hard to do, and the timing is all about the metallic sound you hear. Attempt the dodging only if you can't hit her first to interrupt it.
If you do try to dodge it, don't try running around like a spaz - stand still with plenty of room to move and wait for the right moment to dodge as the attack will be more predictable that way.

I thought this fight was impossible for a while until it clicked - now I can find where she's hiding out about 80% of the time.

You might want to make a couple of runs against her with the express purpose not of winning, but of observing her invisible grab move and seeing if you can find where she lands. Keep doing that until you feel you've got the hang of it.

And Tyler Too! posted:

Durability is a lovely mechanic in every game it's featured in and I'm glad it's a non-issue in DS3.

I'd agree with this if it wasn't for the Ultima Underworld games. I really liked how it worked in those. Items that degraded actually suffered penalties (ie, the sword gets less good as it dulls), which meant you would get excited if you found a "Excellent" sword vs your "Badly Worn" sword. Damage was relatively rare unless you were hitting walls or very heavily armored enemies. Items could be repaired but that required you to invest in a special skill and find a forge, or find a blacksmith you could barter with to fix the stuff for you. Items were rarely found in excellent condition. The biggest challenge of wearing heavy armour was having the skills to keep it in good shape.

Oh, and heaps of things has durability, including things like gems (their value in bartering would depend partially on their durability) and food (higher durability meant more nourishing). It did lead to some odd things like food going rotten if you threw it against a wall a few times, though I guess that's not entirely unrealistic either.

Soul Reaver fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Aug 1, 2019

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Since I’m two-handing my weapon for the last few bosses, are there any shields besides Grass Crest Shield that are useful on my back?

Edit: Beat Friede!!! Got her to one hit remaining twice in a row and nailed it the next time. Thank god heavy weapons can stagger still in the third phase.

I think this is the hardest boss I’ve beaten in the Soulsborne series solo.

Edit 2: Midir WTF

Harriet Carker fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 4, 2019

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

dantheman650 posted:

Since I’m two-handing my weapon for the last few bosses, are there any shields besides Grass Crest Shield that are useful on my back?

Edit: Beat Friede!!! Got her to one hit remaining twice in a row and nailed it the next time. Thank god heavy weapons can stagger still in the third phase.

I think this is the hardest boss I’ve beaten in the Soulsborne series solo.

Edit 2: Midir WTF

lol

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Slave Knight Gael down. After Friede he was a walk in the park. I wonder why they made him staggerable in all three phases. Only took a few tries.

Now all that remains between me and finishing this game is Midir. After 5 attempts I feel like this will be a tough nut to crack.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless

dantheman650 posted:

Slave Knight Gael down. After Friede he was a walk in the park. I wonder why they made him staggerable in all three phases. Only took a few tries.

Now all that remains between me and finishing this game is Midir. After 5 attempts I feel like this will be a tough nut to crack.

A couple of tips for Midir:
- His head is the least damage-resistant. If you're meleeing him, fight him from the front. His attacks are way easier to read that way anyway.
- If you know sorcery, use Pestilental Mist. It absolutely melts him because he's huge, and his head hitbox doesn't matter for it.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Soul Reaver posted:

A couple of tips for Midir:
- If you know sorcery, use Pestilental Mist. It absolutely melts him because he's huge, and has huge guts.

ftfy

What's the mod yall are jabbering about.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Bogart posted:

ftfy

What's the mod yall are jabbering about.

Cinders. It changes enemy and bonfire placements, makes many areas accessible early, makes changes to how focus works, makes changes to the infusion system and adds a lot of new weapons, armor sets and spells. It’s a lot of fun, though still changing very frequently. It adds a lot of options to how you can play. I was very disappointed in vanilla DS3’s linearity, and this mod fixes that.

Balance is mostly okay, but can get iffy sometimes. I’m most of the way through a second play through of the mod (faith first time, dex/luck second) and have felt really strong both times, but if you don’t really pay attention to how infusions work and just level up whatever you might end up falling behind the late game bosses’ giant HP pools. Or, you could stumble on a broken weapon or combo and wreck the difficulty curve completely.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Is it better than Daughters of Ash.

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

I haven’t played daughters of ash, so I couldn’t say. I like Cinders a lot, though it has it’s issues. Is daughters of ash good?

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I watched Lobos play Daughters of Ash for 20 hours and it seemed really bad, from all souls being a single-use spell cast to there being basically no weapons at all and Andre's missing somewhere.

Also there's bonerust.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Daughters of Ash is dogshit, which is why I’m wary of any other mod for the DS series, especially when I was under the impression that modding wasn’t as advanced for 2 or 3.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I thought DoA was pretty good (I played up through Anor Londo and to Artorias in the DLC), there's some iffy decisions like there always are in fanmade mods, but overall I enjoyed the changes and that they made entirely new bosses and events. Those changes that heavily influence how you approach especially the early game, are the selling point of DoA for me. It's clever, and knows it, and sometimes that doesn't work but it was more than enough for me to go "heh, got me" over and over again, like the original did.

Cinders, despite the progression changes, is still very similar to the original DS3, and all the enemy additions usually just make it worse. Where it shines is the weapon system: there's many more, many previously terrible ones made useful, so many novel effects, rebalances and so on, doubly for spells, that you can really go hog wild with trying out builds and so on. I don't think DoA offers close to this depth, despite some (kinda wonky and obscure) attempts with its elemental weapons.

Both mods share one thing: they make exploration exciting again, with the caveat of "only for very experienced players", because a novice would just get frustrated. DoA often does things like hid Bonfires in strong enemies, making you earn progress, it puts blacksmiths and upgrades in unfamiliar locations, recontextualizes rewards, and so on - that's cool and gives you fresh reasons to go into "eh, just another soul item over there" corners all over again. Similarly, Cinders massively cuts down on Bonfires in general, making walks longer, more involved and with the new enemies, more dangerous. There's only a few stretches in the original DS3 where you are in much danger of losing a lot of progress upon dying, and many where getting from Bonfire to Bonfire is comically easy (e.g. in the Catacombs, where you can ignore the first half by jumping down a very obvious set of platforms, then just run through skeletons as they're spawning and to the Bonfire you can see from the other side of a grate already). Entire shortcuts are basically obsolete because you'll be reaching a new Bonfire very soon anyway - for example, the one after Pontiff leading up to the final roof part right before you activate the elevator.

In the first example, Cinders forces you to go through the entire Catacombs (sans first half, you can still jump down there), until you reach a Bonfire in Wolnir's room. It's not cruel enough to make you fight the boss before giving you a checkpoint (so, no Demon's Souls), but you have to claw yourself there, and maybe even be glad for the door shotcut before skeleton fun (where Tsorig spawns as Invader). It did lead to some moments where I honestly debated if I should go back, restock and try another attempt because I was drinking Estus too liberally, completely out, and didn't know where the next Bonfire was. That's exciting!

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

dantheman650 posted:

Re shields:
Blessed infusion for hp regen
Simple infusion for fp regen
Bleed/poison infusion for confusing people in pvp

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got this delivered just now.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

asio posted:

Re shields:
Blessed infusion for hp regen
Simple infusion for fp regen
Bleed/poison infusion for confusing people in pvp

Does Bleed/poison on shield count towards main weapon or is just when you try to shield bash people?

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

The best mod for Dark Souls 1 is Prepare to Die Again. Does the rebalancing, adds new content and mixes things up without being Kaizo Souls like Daughters of Ash. I would highly recommend it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

I said come in! posted:

Got this delivered just now.

I need to get that.

Edit: Just looked at what is inside, I Need to get it now. Looks awesome.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 6, 2019

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I need to get that.

It's only $30 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3869930918/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 completely worth it for how much is in here.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

First thing I am going to get when I get home. The first two strat guides were beautiful, this looks like that times 1000.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I'm down to one last boss, Darkeater Midir. I got it ~40% on my first try followed by a 90% death. Saving the rest for later. Gael was an incredibly fun fight; I had several <10% attempts followed by a bunch of fried nerves phase 1 deaths. D'oh! Game has been so incredibly fun, DLCs were both excellent.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Fifteen of Many posted:

I'm down to one last boss, Darkeater Midir. I got it ~40% on my first try followed by a 90% death. Saving the rest for later. Gael was an incredibly fun fight; I had several <10% attempts followed by a bunch of fried nerves phase 1 deaths. D'oh! Game has been so incredibly fun, DLCs were both excellent.

What’s up only Midir left buddy.

I also just started another new game of Bloodborne. DS3 without a shield basically plays exactly the same.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006

dantheman650 posted:

What’s up only Midir left buddy.

I also just started another new game of Bloodborne. DS3 without a shield basically plays exactly the same.

The aggressiveness and speed is wild compared to Souls 1/2, definitely.

I can’t wait to wrap up, play Sekiro then start the whole franchise over from Demons. I’ve always gone through sword and board on my first runs and I’m so eager to try some of the other builds/magic.

Edit: I also just impulse bought the Compendium, thanks a lot jerks.

Fifteen of Many fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Aug 6, 2019

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

Guillermus posted:

Does Bleed/poison on shield count towards main weapon or is just when you try to shield bash people?

Shield bash only. It is extremely satisfying to proc a status effect with a shield in pvp though.

If you're running a luck build hollow infuse for +5 points into luck which can get you over the status proc breakpoint which is like one hit less between luck 0 and luck 40 or something terrible like that

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Fifteen of Many posted:

The aggressiveness and speed is wild compared to Souls 1/2, definitely.

I can’t wait to wrap up, play Sekiro then start the whole franchise over from Demons. I’ve always gone through sword and board on my first runs and I’m so eager to try some of the other builds/magic.

Edit: I also just impulse bought the Compendium, thanks a lot jerks.

Friendly warning: Sekiro is so fluid and fast that it even makes Bloodborne feel like your character is wading knee deep through wet sand. Demons is probably OK. The 1st two Souls games will feel painfully slow.

Fifteen of Many
Feb 23, 2006
I have a pretty high tolerance for jank so hopefully I’ll be able to adapt to the slowness. Good point!

Also I just killed Midir so I’m officially done with my first playthrough! What a finale, both he and Gael and even Soul are worthy final Souls bosses.

But then I found that covenant and got summoned to fight as Filianore’s Spear so that’s where I live now because it was awesome (I’ve never done coop or invasions in any souls game, guess I’ll have to be an addict now)!

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Ok, I hade Slave Knight Gael down to a pixel of health. THIS IS BULLSHIT! :argh:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Got him!:toot: I have terrible amounts of adrenalins right now.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

axolotl farmer posted:

Got him!:toot: I have terrible amounts of adrenalins right now.

Grats on beating an amazing fight.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

rolled a wizard on a lark because i've never played any of the DS games to completion as a spell caster, and i'm amazed at how flimsy you are in the starting wizard armor. i've previously read a ton of words by people that dissected the game code that has basically said "the benefit you get from wearing any armor is significant, but the increased defensive value between armors is almost nothing except in extreme edge cases" but i gotta say my experience doesn't follow that at all.

wearing the basic wizard robes i am getting 2-shot by a pus of man, whereas just putting on the crap-tier armor you can get from drops off zombies in highwall lets me take an extra 1-2 hits from the same thing. i know lol "you're not supposed to get hit at all dumb dumb" but it feels like the defensive benefits of armor are more noticeable than the online data mining has lead people to believe

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Knight armor is noticeably better than the other starting armors, and a Lothric Knight chest piece is borderline broken for the first couple areas if you can handle the weight. The effect of armor is more apparent in the early areas, where enemies have comparatively low damage numbers, and tapers off as the game goes on.

Sorcerer start is rough in DS3 compared to the other games.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
I don't remember the exact terminology for each type of defensive stat, but there is %reduction and flat reduction. When it comes to armor, IIRC all armor provides the same %reduction per piece worn, but the flat reduction is different. That's why it makes a big difference in the early game -- the damage numbers are small enough that the flat reduction significantly affects the damage you take.

It's a pretty dumb system when you break it down like that. With this system, it's impossible to make armor that's differentiated in the late game without any pieces breaking the early game. The only real difference in the late game is poise.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

feelix posted:

When it comes to armor, IIRC all armor provides the same %reduction per piece worn, but the flat reduction is different.

You've got it reversed. Each piece of armor you equip gives you some kind of physical/magical defense that doesn't scale and is universal for every piece of armor in that slot; it's essentially just there to gently caress you over if you decide to go for a naked run. Each piece of armor also gives physical/magical damage absorption, which stacks multiplicatively and reduces that damage type by a percentage after defense is taken into account. This damage absorption is different for every piece of armor. Essentially: heavy armor is good if you have the VIT to manage it, but if you don't, just make sure you're wearing 4 pieces of gear at all times to avoid getting clobbered.

(I should note that "flat reduction" is a bit of a misnomer for defense. Unlike in DS2, which had a fairly simple flat reduction formula for physical damage, DS3 goes back to the DS1 formula where defense is some loving insane arcane formula that dynamically changes based on a comparison between the attacker's appropriate ATK stat and the defender's appropriate DEF. The defense number you see on your screen doesn't correspond to any sensible reality and is basically worthless to try and interpret beyond more of it being better.)

Vermain fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 9, 2019

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
It's not just setting, enemies, gameplay, lore, soundtrack and art design: even when you consider Platinum requirements this game is vastly inferior to Bloodborne. Why the gently caress do I have to farm 30 Concords and 30 Wolf Grass for the Covenants? And the funniest thing is, I though I was kinda screwed because co-op is not as crowded as it was at release but it's not that at all. For example, it takes me less than 30 seconds to invade at any time of day so the Pale Tongues didn't even feel like a grind, but the Concords?

From what I gather the Darkmoon covenant never worked very well. You can still find desperate posts from 2016 asking how to accelerate offline Concord farming because even at release people would be summoned by blue sentinels maybe once or twice a day. Well, you just can't farm them quickly, whatever you do. Even at 70 luck plus 360 item find (which is close to the max you can achieve) you get maybe one Concord every 40 mins/1 hour. It's 15-20 hours of grind for one loving item.

:negative:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Update on my journey playing through for the first time on PS4:

I got my drang drumsticks, made them refined, and this is a top loving tier weapon. Hotdamn.

Deacons of the Deep was a crazy fight. See, I'd just picked up my drangsticks, and didn't like how it looked with a shield on my back. I read the description and used my Greatwood soul for Arstor's Spear, then stuck that on my back, because it's supposed to heal me a little with every enemy killed. I've also got Pontiff's Left Eye on as a ring, which heals me for consecutive hits. Fighting Deacons was... well, stupid fun. They literally couldn't hurt me fast enough for the heals I was just getting passively. I'd just get to the edge of the group, then L1 - L2 - R2 - R1 - L1 - L1 my way towards whoever currently had the red glow and would wind up killing like eight deacons over the course of thirteen hits, so the one that managed to hit me's damage got healed back up to full by the time my stamina was out - at which point, I'd be doing more damage thanks to Lloyd's Sword Ring. I wish Chloranthy healed stamina faster, this fight was stupid fun.

Abyss Watchers was harder, because there wasn't a mass of things to heal me running around. Thankfully, on the third try I realized I could do backstabs with the R1 of my drumsticks, and proceeded to beat a tattoo repeatedly on the pointy head of that fire sword dude. It was a fun fight, and reminded me more of DS2 bosses than DS1/Bloodborne (except for Maria).

Then I ran into a place, hit some skeletons around a bit, and wound up getting bodied straight off a big staircase by a bone ball and figured that was enough Dark Souls for the day. DS3 is really loving fun, y'all. I can see how Bloodborne is a more technically proficient game, but I think I like this more than BB?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Whalley posted:

Then I ran into a place, hit some skeletons around a bit, and wound up getting bodied straight off a big staircase by a bone ball and figured that was enough Dark Souls for the day. DS3 is really loving fun, y'all. I can see how Bloodborne is a more technically proficient game, but I think I like this more than BB?

I think it's almost impossible to objectively say this is a more well conceived/well executed game than BB (other than, hey, personal taste obv), but even with all the annoyances DS3 has it's still better than almost everything else in the genre anyway.

Loving it, despite the stupid poo poo it throws at me sometimes

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 11, 2019

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Kawabata posted:

I think it's almost impossible to objectively say this is a more well conceived/well executed game than BB (other than, hey, personal taste which is legitimate), but even with all the annoyances this game has it's better than almost everything else in the genre anyway.
Yeah like I loved Bloodborne, but my favorite thing in games is to make weird builds and play strange and in Bloodborne, you've got like... ten weapons? maybe a bit more? And they're all really good, but on a personal taste level I like picking either the weirdest weapon or the least used, and in Bloodborne that's not really possible. Bloodborne is by all accounts the better game - unless you put a stupid high value on making a custom player experience, which I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
26 weapons in Bloodborne, not counting guns