Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
one more mission and I can start a new house!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Deified Data posted:

Am I the only one avoiding student poaching (at least on first playthrough) to make subsequent playthroughs more unique? Honestly letting you poach almost the whole student body was kind of a weird move - the fun of picking a house in the beginning is making your roster work for better or worse, right?

I suppose so, but not everyone is going to want to play through the game over and over so it's nice to be able to recruit a character or two that you like.

E: also at one point I was offered a choice in conversation kind of early in to join the flame king would that have changed things dramatically/at all?

JBP fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jul 30, 2019

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Someone spoil me on this because this is incredibly crucial for my plans. Can I make Hubert and Edelgard smooch?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just finished up Chapter 12, some thoughts on the story so far:

Although I suspected that Flame Emperor was a woman just because of the way the voice sounded with modifications AND I was spoiled early that Edelgard had an alternate path, I didn't exactly put 2 and 2 together there. Not SHOCKING or anything, but I shoulda known.

I get the feeling Claude is going to try and steal something of mine. His whole character is "charming rogue" so he's got to have some tricks up his sleeve for the time skip, right?

I got the backstory saying that Flayan was the daughter of Seteth, not shocking either. This is Fire Emblem so they're proooobably Dragons but they're not little girls so ???

Tired Moritz posted:

Someone spoil me on this because this is incredibly crucial for my plans. Can I make Hubert and Edelgard smooch?
The only romance subplots are just with the MC since there's no kids :v:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jul 30, 2019

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
So there's no paired endings aside from the mc then?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

RealFoxy posted:

The only romance subplots are just with the MC since there's no kids :v:

You dont need kids to have romance...

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chocolate Bunny posted:

So there's no paired endings aside from the mc then?

There’s a whole lot of paired endings for each character

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
I can't see S or even A+ ranks for anyone besides Byleth in the support list so how do paired endings work then? Not asking for plot spoilers, just how do you even pair up people?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Chocolate Bunny posted:

I can't see S or even A+ ranks for anyone besides Byleth in the support list so how do paired endings work then? Not asking for plot spoilers, just how do you even pair up people?

A+ supports definitely exist. You can see them as little arrows above the letter. Sylvain and Ingrid have one, for example.

A and A+ supports can be romantic, but the writing is fairly coy about it, especially since there's no limit to how many a character can have. In the past, an A-rank support didn't necessarily mean a paired ending, so who knows.

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Oh that's what the arrows are...

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Is there any particular purpose to the crescent sickle weapons you're able to get from some enemies? Or are they just inefficient weapons that look absolutely sick.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

inthesto posted:

A+ supports definitely exist. You can see them as little arrows above the letter. Sylvain and Ingrid have one, for example.

A and A+ supports can be romantic, but the writing is fairly coy about it, especially since there's no limit to how many a character can have. In the past, an A-rank support didn't necessarily mean a paired ending, so who knows.
Paired Endings definitely exist in the style of the GBA games where some are romantic and some aren't, but I haven't beaten the game yet so I couldn't tell you what determines how to get htem.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

alois' c support is giving me birthright flashbacks and while it makes the s rank swerve less of one it just doubles down on why this shouldn't have been a s support to begin with. "Hey we're basically family! Because Jeralt more or less adopted me when I was 9 and raised me as a squire." coem on intsys/koei tecmo

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Tae posted:

Why does ashe require lances to recruit, isn't he an archer or thief or something

Ashe is all about stories of knights and chivalry and desperately wants to be a good knight like in stories.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Felix's personal skill works on fist weapons and it's, uh, really loving good. :stare:

e: Also any battalion that gives +str

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I didn't meet the goal in Dedue's paralogue so I assume I missed out on an item, did I miss anything good?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Does Jarreth being Byleth’s dad ever impact him/her on any emotional level. Because as of now, s/he seems utterly indifferent to his existence to the point where I’d never have known they were family unless the other characters didn’t keep repeating it.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
....yes....

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
How much Charisma do you need to win the White Heron Cup?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I made Sylvain a holy knight and his armor is still all black. I admire his commitment to his brand, but it makes me keep forgetting he can heal.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
In general, most of the kids seem to favor the "drab brown with an accent of beige" color scheme for their outfits. Does this ever change?

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

jimmydalad posted:

I think 13 is enough.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just hit timeskip on lions and this is goty. I would follow dimitri to hell and back

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

man i really want to snatch Hilda from her home team because she and Sylvain are made for each other.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
I just finished the school phase on Blue Lions and now that's something I didn't expect. Is it confirmed that the 4th route is only available (the spoilered bit has spoilers for Blue Lions chapter 11) if you play as Black Eagles? I'm curious since the Flame Emperor turned out to be Edelgard - at least on this route - and she asked if I would like to join her in smashing up the church

not a bot fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 30, 2019

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

you know people kept talking about recruiting non-students and i thought it was weird and wondered "man how are they gonna swing Alois and Shamir and them joining a house?"

i guess it's just "i can help you whenever, sure, yeah" which is a less thrilling concept than actively stealing them out from under someone else. Although it makes sense why the limits for them are a little lower.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DC Murderverse posted:

man i really want to snatch Hilda from her home team because she and Sylvain are made for each other.

I do want to get her because I can just imagine the carnage her and Edelgard would carve up side by side, and what with Caspar being mediocre in my run, but her recruitment window is crazy specific and as Black Eagles you can't give gifts or lost items to her so you need to spam luncheon her to get support points to hopefully hit that window. (None of which I have been doing.)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hope there isn't any consequences for being such an rear end in a top hat to dad and dragon girl

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I'm starting to think this game is something special, gang.

JBP posted:

E: also at one point I was offered a choice in conversation kind of early in to join the flame king would that have changed things dramatically/at all?

Negative. The line is something like you say that but you're lying, I can tell you're trembling with rage. At least, I assume that's what happens either way.

jimmydalad posted:

13, Manuela says so, so it's a joke for most units to pass, even before the +5 charm boost you can get for your candidate by practicing with them

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I took a look at the master classes and they seem way too restrictive to me. Is everyone supposed to end up as a master class or is it only assumed you get a few? The gender lock stuff is especially dumb.

For example what master class is a male Lance user supposed to end up as? A female sword user like Petra? What about a male mage? All bow users basically have a single option to become a bow Knight?

I know the main character + your house leader get unique classes. Do those carry them to end game or will they also end up in a master class?

Separate question— if I want to poach an axe user into House Eagle for an offensive build (as opposed to Edelgard‘ armor Knight) who should I be aiming for? Casper kind of sucks so I’d rather poach someone else.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Eimi posted:

I do want to get her because I can just imagine the carnage her and Edelgard would carve up side by side, and what with Caspar being mediocre in my run, but her recruitment window is crazy specific and as Black Eagles you can't give gifts or lost items to her so you need to spam luncheon her to get support points to hopefully hit that window. (None of which I have been doing.)

has her short recruitment window been confirmed? I feel like I've seen that multiple places but it's all just speculation. i know people originally thought that she was unrecruitable like Dedue and Hubert but i've given her enough hair clips and choir practices to know that it's possible to recruit her.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
It looks like the school phase is about to end, I guess I should pull out a guide or something and I figure out who owns what in this mighty page of everyone's garbage I've collected.

I liked that time I took one of Seteths pens right off his desk while he was 3 feet away, gave it to him, and then he thanked for finding it.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Can anyone in this thread 100% confirm that it is possible to recruit Hilda as a black eagle? Every other site on the internet has people arguing about it without anyone providing proof.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Just got to the Blue Lions time skip and Jesus Christ Dimitri :ohdear:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The golden deer are like a buncha lazy slackers who don’t seem to really care to be there.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Caidin posted:

I liked that time I took one of Seteths pens right off his desk while he was 3 feet away, gave it to him, and then he thanked for finding it.

Lost items are found where that character was standing last month, and Seteth doesn't move much lol

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Coucho Marx posted:

Lost items are found where that character was standing last month, and Seteth doesn't move much lol

What? That's neat.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Alright, just finished the first chapter of the Gold Deer's time skip.

Here's a tip for y'all with walking juggernauts from other classes you poached as a Gold Deer: If you left your house units hella weak you're pretty much entirely on your own this chapter. Playing Casual mode, I lost every single unit except for Lysitheia and Marianne. The post-time skip is where the training wheels come off and having one or two really strong units that could solo a map turn into strong units that just moderately stronger than some of the units on the map

This is when hard mode starts to feel like hard mode, and you can't just send three units into the middle of the map and let the enemies impale themselves on your swords.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://www.pcgamer.com/koei-developers-of-pc-strategy-series-romance-of-the-three-kingdoms-did-most-of-the-work-on-the-new-fire-emblem/

this is interesting

quote:

"Intelligent Systems provided Koei Tecmo with a minimum crew of several designers, a music composer, and an adviser to the programmers... we then left Koei Tecmo in charge of basic game development," said director Toshiyuki Kusakihara (Intelligent Systems is the studio behind Fire Emblem and Advance Wars).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Weird thing for PC Gamer to be publishing. Usually they only wade in on console games if there are port rumours or mods.