Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Shrapnig posted:

These Kean to Everton rumors have to be a Raiola cash grab right?

Why would Juve offload him for €40m?

Because they can't move Gonz/Mandzukic/Khedira's wages I guess

Raiola getting his cut is surely a big part of it though I'm sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Tanc is saying that Cutrone will join Wolves for 18m euro, pretty bad deal for Milan imho

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Simone Poodoin posted:

Tanc is saying that Cutrone will join Wolves for 18m euro, pretty bad deal for Milan imho

It’s an incredibly poo poo deal but the justification is supposed to be that it’s all paid at once, no installments or amortized poo poo. That’s good for the hedge fund assholes who own the club I guess.

If both of these bums that Milan are looking at (Correa, Leao) end up being as bad as I’m guessing they will be this will sting worse than losing Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Serie A's schedule is being released tomorrow :dudsmile:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I wonder if GD is out there roasting in the sun at Gillette, getting the privilege of seeing Borini played as a central midfielder.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

I wonder if GD is out there roasting in the sun at Gillette, getting the privilege of seeing Borini played as a central midfielder.

I went to some of the practice sessions and caught a glimpse of Bonera. I had to leave.

I thought about going but tickets were a million dollars and I’m probably gonna go to San Siro later this year anyway.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Yeah these ICC games have preposterous ticket prices

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Today I learned that Adel Taarabt is still a Benfica player.

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/1155954537661730822

Juventus set to gazump Inter for Lukaku, oh no!

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

BrBa posted:

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/1155954537661730822

Juventus set to gazump Inter for Lukaku, oh no!

lol

What does this mean for Wanda and her husband?

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

lol

What does this mean for Wanda and her husband?

Irrevelant, he'll be benched for the next two seasons unless he agrees to join Napoli.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That makes no sense at all what the hell

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Some people are speculating that Juve are trying to force Inter's hand in one way or another, so that they'll either fork over for Lukaku or just get it over with and sign Dzeko. Then they can get Icardi.

I suppose there's always the chance that Dybala wants to go to Man U and Juve would actually get Lukaku in a swap. I think Juve would probably prefer a cash deal though.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/AlexiLalas/status/1149761083042926592

In 1996, Alexi Lalas was the very first US player to join an italian team (Padova) in serie A. He was more famous for his guitar/singing than his football playing, and he had one of the best ultra chants. It went like this:

La la la la
S S
La la la la
S S
La la la la
La la la la
La la la la
S S

(To the tune of the Addams Family tune).

Talk about a blast from the past. I can still recite Fiorentina's starting squad from those years:

Toldo - Carnasciali - Padalino - Amoruso - Serena - Piacentini - Schwarz - Cois - Rui Costa - Batistuta - Baiano.

We won the Coppa Italia that year, after a 20+ years draught. And we're getting close to that draught now, as our last Coppa Italia was in 2001.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Having said that, Boateng to Fiorentina should be done deal in the next few minutes.

BOA BOA BOA
TENG TENG TENG TENG

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Kean to Everton seems to be happening. I don’t even know what this club is doing anymore.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/AlexiLalas/status/1149761083042926592

In 1996, Alexi Lalas was the very first US player to join an italian team (Padova) in serie A. He was more famous for his guitar/singing than his football playing, and he had one of the best ultra chants. It went like this:

La la la la
S S
La la la la
S S
La la la la
La la la la
La la la la
S S

(To the tune of the Addams Family tune).

Talk about a blast from the past. I can still recite Fiorentina's starting squad from those years:

Toldo - Carnasciali - Padalino - Amoruso - Serena - Piacentini - Schwarz - Cois - Rui Costa - Batistuta - Baiano.

We won the Coppa Italia that year, after a 20+ years draught. And we're getting close to that draught now, as our last Coppa Italia was in 2001.

Lol I remember this. He was a hit with the American community in Vicenza because Padova is so close. Not so much with the Italians because Padova is one of Vicenza’s rivals.

And Vicenza won the cup the year after! The first and only trophy in their history.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Simone Poodoin posted:

Kean to Everton seems to be happening. I don’t even know what this club is doing anymore.

Tying one hand behind their back to make the league title a challenge??

only reasonable explanation

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

Well, he never did sign a contract extension, and his deal runs out next summer, so if they thought Raiola was intending to have a free transfer bidding war for Kean they could've just decided to get something for him now. It's also due to signing so many players to long term/expensive contracts into their 30s, so those players can't get moved on.

It sucks for real though, I was hoping Kean would be a focal point of Juve's attack for years to come.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Losing Kean is.. I legit don't even know. The only argument I could try to make would be about trying to win the CL right now but even then it makes no sense to let a player of his caliber go. I don't follow the contract side of things closely but were they that far apart on terms? This is completey baffling to me.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Just wait until they force Dybala to gently caress off to United for whatever reason despite the fact that he doesn't want to go.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

Just wait until they force Dybala to gently caress off to United for whatever reason despite the fact that he doesn't want to go.

It's pretty infuriating OP

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

in order to sign Ronaldo you need to buy his delusion that he'll live and play top-level football forever, therefore there's no room for anyone else.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Rocco Commisso decided that Florence pubs and clubs need a boost, so after signing Kevin Prince Boateng is now close to signing Radja Nainggolan from Inter. Next step: get Pablo Daniel Osvaldo out of retirement.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Rocco Commisso decided that Florence pubs and clubs need a boost, so after signing Kevin Prince Boateng is now close to signing Radja Nainggolan from Inter. Next step: get Pablo Daniel Osvaldo out of retirement.

Lol party time. Those are probably both good signings though.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ferrero told a reporter that he’s sold Sampdoria for 140 mil to someone. Nobody knows who.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Gianluca Vialli + some businessmen it's been reported

Charlotte Hornets fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jul 31, 2019

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Looks like after all, Nainggolan decided to go back to Cagliari instead. Respect for his choice.

Fiorentina confirmed its second signing today, Lirola from Sassuolo. Excellent signing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

canepazzo posted:

Looks like after all, Nainggolan decided to go back to Cagliari instead. Respect for his choice.

Fiorentina confirmed its second signing today, Lirola from Sassuolo. Excellent signing.

That is a pretty good signing.

That's a nice gesture for Nainggolan. Maybe he can straighten his off the pitch life out there as well.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
I read somewhere that his wife wanted to move back to Sardinia. She's from there, and she's dealing with some major health problems and wanted to return home.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

trem_two posted:

I read somewhere that his wife wanted to move back to Sardinia. She's from there, and she's dealing with some major health problems and wanted to return home.

She got diagnosed with cancer

BrBa
Oct 12, 2012
Buy Nainggolan for 25 mil + Zaniolo, loan him next year to Cagliari who won't even pay his full wages. Just another brilliant Inter transfer.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Torino won 7-1 on aggregate over Debrecen in their Europa League tie.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/fczenit_en/status/1157284086454640640

Trolling masterclass, holy poo poo.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lol.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hahahaha, that's great

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lmao amazing

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Aquilani is now the head coach for Fiorentina's U-18 squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I’m going to try and follow an Italian team this year since ESPN+ has Serie A. Who should I root for and why?

In my initial look at the table I was going to pick Roma because I thought their badge was was a rhino and that’s badass. But it turns out it’s a badly drawn wolf with baby wolves sucking her wolf tits.

Also if the team competes it not the champions league that would be dope because I’m a Liverpool fan.

I also follow Dortmund and the Riverhounds.