Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
the locals called it the year of the Raisin Bran

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

the locals called it the year of the Raisin Bran

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Oh fine, FIIIIINE! But remember, that not two decades ago, I was punched in the face by a man now dead!"

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

JK Fresco posted:

The episode where Frasier appears in a nut commercial, only it's oatmilk
Well half of that was the erotic dream I had last night :flaccid:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Calaveron posted:

Apparently his natural register is raspier and croakier than Frasier's rich, throaty tone

I've been sober for a decade, minus two very brief relapses, and alcohol does horrific things to your throat. I've had to adjust the way I sing quite a bit because if I go for the keys I used to sing in, I sound like poo poo and can't nail a thing. Leonard Cohen talked about this in the 1980s and then in a press conference not long before he died, saying the reason that his voice suddenly dropped like three octaves was because he had been living in a swimming pool of vodka.

Edit: what is a boy to do

Timby fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jul 16, 2019

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im the bully what fixes his toilet

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

FuhrerHat posted:

You have the big Mercedes??

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
https://screenrant.com/frasier-episodes-best-worst/

Who wants to pick apart this listicle of the 5 best and 5 worst Frasier episodes?

Notable inclusion: Innkeepers. Notably absent: Greek episode.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Doesn't have "Ham Radio", invalid. And the opening paragraph claims that Frasier "reunites with...his father's eccentric British physical therapist" at the start of the series. Nonsense!

Personal picks for worst episodes would be every time another one of Daphne's relatives is introduced.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
ScreenRant is such trash. Yet once in a while I see one of their lists in my news feed and I have to read it.

"Detour" definitely belongs on a list of the worst, and you can argue for "Freudian Sleep" as well, depending on your tolerance for highly produced dream sequences. The other picks just seem random, regardless of their insistence that fans of the show all agree on "Liar, Liar" being the worst episode of all time (this is literally the first time I've ever heard that).

Meanwhile, no "Ski Lodge"?! That's the biggest softball for any list of best Frasier episodes.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 20, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I am a beggar that needs to eat, you are a sandwich thick with meat.
Susan.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

the highschool reunion episode is aces

the article's author has a weak stomach

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
a dartboard would have produced a more accurate best/worst list

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The point of these lists is never to actually be right, it's to throw enough poo poo out that people will talk about it, comment on it and drive that sweet sweet ad revenue.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Sunswipe posted:

The point of these lists is never to actually be right, it's to throw enough poo poo out that people will talk about it, comment on it and drive that sweet sweet ad revenue.

Always adblock

Always copy+paste clickbait never link it

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Sunswipe posted:

That's absolutely true much of the time, but other times I think it's just sheer laziness, especially ScreenRant. The writing is always barely passable as a first draft, they probably just crap something out as soon as possible with little regard for how right or wrong it is.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I don't remember the high school reunion episode, but I just cracked open a fresh box of vodka and I'm going to give it a watch!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Oh wait I've seen this episode a million times, oh well still going to watch it. It's really not a bad one!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I find "Roz, a Loan" much more uncomfortable.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

FuhrerHat posted:

I can never not see him as Dr Cox.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I find "Roz, a Loan" much more uncomfortable.

T.H. i want need to know which heads are being oiled and rubbed together in your dream episode

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

"maybe we should rub our fat heads together sometime... maybe a little oil... two fat heads... together... oil...

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

T.H. i want need to know which heads are being oiled and rubbed together in your dream episode

I didn't buy this avatar, and I don't know the implications of it

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I haven't watched any episodes in a year or two and wanted to do a few without binging the whole season, so I pulled up a few lists of the best episodes.

The problem with those lists is that they focus on 'best' as usually the most emotional or character development filled episodes. This leads to the inclusion of things like Niles and Daphne's dance or Martin turning 65 and coping with age.

While these are definitely great episodes from the series, they're more emotionally involved and often heavy on the drama. I'd like to see some 'best ep' suggestions that more capture the snooty comedy, radio hijinks, and Frasier attitude that makes the series loved. Things like ham radio, the restaurant, and the wine club.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I particularly like the caviar episode.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The episode about Jewish people having really big noses! LoL... lmao!

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Bust Rodd posted:

This but unironically

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

Nah that was the one where Roz met her babydaddy's parents and was worried about what her baby was going to look like, no Judaism was inferred or implied. There was that one episode with Faye and her mother portraying jewish people as overly emotional though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Richard M Nixon posted:

I haven't watched any episodes in a year or two and wanted to do a few without binging the whole season, so I pulled up a few lists of the best episodes.

The problem with those lists is that they focus on 'best' as usually the most emotional or character development filled episodes. This leads to the inclusion of things like Niles and Daphne's dance or Martin turning 65 and coping with age.

While these are definitely great episodes from the series, they're more emotionally involved and often heavy on the drama. I'd like to see some 'best ep' suggestions that more capture the snooty comedy, radio hijinks, and Frasier attitude that makes the series loved. Things like ham radio, the restaurant, and the wine club.

Four for the Seesaw, The Ski Lodge, Retirement is Murder, Deathtrap, The Two Mrs. Cranes. I also really like Cheerful Goodbyes.

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

supernatural blonde posted:

Nah that was the one where Roz met her babydaddy's parents and was worried about what her baby was going to look like, no Judaism was inferred or implied.

Looks like Bust Rodd was the real bigot all along

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nah that was the one where Roz met her babydaddy's parents and was worried about what her baby was going to look like, no Judaism was inferred or implied.

What is that I smell?

Probably Japan.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Anyone who knows you knows you're nosier!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks to this thread I’ve started watching this again.

Show is still good.

The product endorsement episode is aces. loving bulldog lol

roarpower
Jul 11, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks to this thread I’ve started watching this again.

Show is still good.

The product endorsement episode is aces. loving bulldog lol

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Nah that was the one where Roz met her babydaddy's parents and was worried about what her baby was going to look like, no Judaism was inferred or implied. There was that one episode with Faye and her mother portraying jewish people as overly emotional though.

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz" is an all-time classic, if only for the gag of Niles in the powder room as Jesus.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This agent is awesomely awful. I love it.

Also Eddie is the real star.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Here's an actual non-clickbait article about Frasier and how wonderful the show is from a new viewer standpoint. It's lovingly earnest and I love it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2019/06/should-i-watch-frasier.html

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I think it's odd how the article writer thinks he is too young for Frasier when I'm 3 years younger than him and started watching reruns of the show in high school.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Frasier isn’t even that dated compared to most shows from the 90’s, because Seattle didn’t get noticeably more diverse in the interim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

thats pretty much what i expected