Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wasn’t there like an RTX enabled version of Quake released recently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Your pinky has to be put away from the cup.

Also you be 4 or 80.

i'm having difficulties with this because my pinky is considered infinitely tall

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

iddqd posted:

Yeah, nvidia put it out as a showcase for RTX and you can run the demo files or the retail ones with it

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kKZF-FBubQ

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

No way

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Well that was unexpected (Outer Worlds aka the totally not-Fallout game by Obsidian coming to Switch).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is Outer Worlds good?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is Outer Worlds good?

I mean it's not out yet

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh, I assumed it was a PC port

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

An Obsidian 3D open world game sounds like it would chug and die on a Switch tbh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Oh, I assumed it was a PC port

It is

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

An Obsidian 3D open world game sounds like it would chug and die on a Switch tbh

and on everything else tbf

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is Outer Worlds good?

Its outer this world.

In a sense.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Almost done with the tablets and medals in DQB2. I was hoping the later rewards would be nicer than they are, the Liquid Metal Armor is hideous and I'm having a hard time imagining the Liquid Metal Sword is betting than the upgraded Falcon Blade.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

iddqd posted:

Yeah and the framerates on quake in 2019 made me thing ray tracing is not there yet as a tech to care about if you are a bazillionaire

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah and the framerates on quake in 2019 made me thing ray tracing is not there yet as a tech to care about if you are a bazillionaire

It played at 60fps for me, but it actually looked ugly.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Somebody oughta put Outer Wilds on there while they're at it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Outer Wilds is barely playable on Xbox One, I doubt a Switch version would be a good idea.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Is Doom (2016) worth buying on the Switch?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Guw posted:

Sure.

I said come in! posted:

Agreed. It changed the look on the game in a way that doesn't work at all for what the game's visuals are supposed to convey.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mons Hubris posted:

Somebody oughta put Outer Wilds on there while they're at it

See I got real excited because I thought it was this. I don't know how interested I am otherwise.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The Outer Worlds is the game I am most excited for this year. It's Fallout New Vegas in a completely original science fiction setting.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Oh my god yes. Now I can get this without giving money to Epic

Tho PC version will have prob have mods and such

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Guw posted:

It looks and runs worse than every other version obviously but if you want handheld DOOM then yes, it's worth it.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Guw posted:

Lodin posted:

It looks and runs worse than every other version obviously but if you want handheld DOOM then yes, it's worth it.

Handheld DOOM rules. Rip and tear, good buddy.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Lodin posted:

Looks worse sounds worse and is more expensive by a lot.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lodin posted:

Uh, to be fair, it looks and runs great on the switch, just not at 4K 60fps like you can pull on a PC

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Uh, to be fair, it looks and runs great on the switch, just not at 4K 60fps like you can pull on a PC

If your Switch is always docked and you own an Xbone, PS4, or decent PC it's a bad buy, but if you want portable Doom or a Switch is your only gaming device then it's a perfectly fine way to play it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just read the outer worlds port is being done by the devs who did starlink switch, so it has the chance of being an excellent port.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

bushisms.txt posted:

Just read the outer worlds port is being done by the devs who did starlink switch, so it has the chance of being an excellent port.

Other Switch ports done by that crew include FF12, Dark Souls and LA Noire so they have some form in solid ports of open world games.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Switch Lite is going up for preorder everywhere right now.

E: Target is the only one with the Pokemon version up for preorder

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-lite-zacian-and-zamazenta-edition/-/A-77419247

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I have to say, now that outer worlds is coming to the switch, I'm not worried obsidian will sell enough copies. It's been assured with this port.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just lol if it sells the most on Switch

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Just lol if it sells the most on Switch

If it’s on the Switch it’ll sell the most on the Switch. Switch havers are the REAL gamers and know that this is the greatest console ever made.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It is definitely a thing that certain games sell the most on Switch. Wolfenstein? Probably not, but the right kind of multi platform game will definitely excel on the switch

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I wanna see the Cuphead sales numbers. I'm guessing it sold at least 3x as much in 4 months on Switch than in 2 years on Xbox/PC.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Hey Turok devs, congrats on 2 releasing soon. Now when is Rage wars with online multiplayer? I need to grind some raptors

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I said come in! posted:

Yeah if quake is the game getting 60fps, how's a modern game supposed to use the tech?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

Yeah if quake is the game getting 60fps, how's a modern game supposed to use the tech?

There's many ways to use the tech, and the Quake RTX port takes it to the absolute limit by raytracing absolutely everything in a similar way to how film renderers work.

It's much less demanding if you use traditional rasterization where possible and only fall back on raytracing for the elements that are hard to do well with raster (e.g. reflections).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Outer Worlds was already a gently caress you to Bethesda, but putting it on Switch before any Fallout port is just icing on the cake. Really hope it's good so I never have to consider a Todd Howard game ever again