Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

If you want to make someone think a comic book is good, but you don't want to talk about the plot to avoid spoilers, then you should post a page that is artistically impressive or interesting even removed from context

Well, why don't you post an example?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.
comic books are for children there I said it

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

especially that one youre thinking of rn

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

steinrokkan posted:

Well, why don't you post an example?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

TheMaskedUgly posted:

comic books are for children there I said it

make sure you say "and graphic novels" otherwise you might make fans of them mistakenly believe they aren't included in this.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

Mens toilets are absolutely grotesque and proof that men are absolute animals

Having cleaned restrooms in both retail and fast food, men and women are both absolutely gross and most should not be allowed in public.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hm, so that was bit of an fiasco

But I'll say one thing in favour of comics, at least they aren't cartoons.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
You guys are just encouraging him to post manga

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You guys are just encouraging him to post manga

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

man that is a terrible nose

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Single-occupancy, unisex bathrooms would solve basically every bathroom-related problem we have in America right now.

For real, they are a godsend to people like me with busted colons because they double the number of options in your average bar or small restaurant and they often include vacant/occupied knobs.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

nah they tried that and when men have to wait to go to the bathroom they basically riot

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

nah they tried that and when men have to wait to go to the bathroom they basically riot

"Sinks free" is the rallying cry of all men waiting for a urinal.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Hey whoss in thereeee i just
I just need to take a piss mate, just one piss mate

Oi

Oi oi oi

Are you done yet mate i need to piss

MATE

I NEED TO PISS MATE OPEN THE UHH OPEN THE DOOR

OPEN THE loving DOOR

*fight breaks out*

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Single use restrooms that have a toilet and a urinal always confuse me. I guess it keeps the toilet a bit cleaner and theoretically two people could use it but it would be very uncomfortable.

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

so you're telling me that japanese picture books are just like american picture books but with worse art and more lol-random?

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Why did they not draw the big guy properly? I'd have drawn him properly

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

TheMaskedUgly posted:

so you're telling me that japanese picture books are just like american picture books but with worse art and more lol-random?

the great thing about Japanese comic books is that there's such a huge variety you can find whatever you want in them.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Handicapped bathroom stalls are not handicapped parking spaces. They are there to ensure handicapped people have a place to poo poo, not ensure that they never have to wait to poo poo.

Yeah i sometimes use the handicapped toilet at work because the regular ones have big gaps and are often occupied, sometimes when I get out theres a pissed off looking lady in a wheelchair outside.

Suck my dick. It's a toilet, it was made with you in mind but it's still just a public toilet and I can use it, especially since this poo poo company didnt build acceptable regular toilets

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

All toilets should be fully enclosed handicapped accessible locking stalls (with a red/green marker to indicate if it's locked or not). We aren't barbarians, there's no reason why we need all those gaps in the stall for people to see that you're in there and that you poop. Nobody wants to know all those grunts and awful smell are coming from your boss.

also you should be fired on the spot if you try and open a locked stall, and arrested if you start shaking the door when it won't open.

In Japan people, and by people I mean frumpy middle aged ladies, will knock on the toilet door to get you to hurry up. I've heard people say they do this because its not always obvious if its occupied and they dont want to jiggle the handle, and youre supposed to knock back to indicate that youre in there, but A: i dont believe that because they do it to toilets with indicators and B: the toilet door should be an impenetrable barrier to human interaction, as holy as the door to a pharaoh's tomb

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
"Come in!"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gripweed posted:

the great thing about Japanese comic books is that there's such a huge variety you can find whatever you want in them.

Huge variety *posts endless stream of identical trash*

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

steinrokkan posted:

Huge variety *posts endless stream of identical trash*
They didn't quote your posting history though?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's funny to imagine japanese people being good at sports

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

In Japan people, and by people I mean frumpy middle aged ladies, will knock on the toilet door to get you to hurry up. I've heard people say they do this because its not always obvious if its occupied and they dont want to jiggle the handle, and youre supposed to knock back to indicate that youre in there, but A: i dont believe that because they do it to toilets with indicators and B: the toilet door should be an impenetrable barrier to human interaction, as holy as the door to a pharaoh's tomb

The only appropriate response to that is "gently caress off". Go find another toilet, don't try and rush a process that should never be rushed. And yeah bathrooms are not for talking. Or eye contact. There's a guy at work who does his morning routine (shaving, brushing teeth) and will make eye contact in the mirror when you inevitably glance over wondering what the hell he's doing and say "hey buddy" etc and it creeps me out.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

There's a guy at work who does his morning routine (shaving, brushing teeth)

If I saw someone doing that, I would assume they didn't shower before they came in. Because if you had time to shower you had time to shave and brush your teeth.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'd assume he lives in his car

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tiggum posted:

If I saw someone doing that, I would assume they didn't shower before they came in. Because if you had time to shower you had time to shave and brush your teeth.

There is a shower in a private room in that bathroom and I know someone uses it but I never stuck around to see if it was him, but it's probably safe to assume since who the hell else takes a shower when they get to work at an office building?

I guess it does save a couple bucks a month on their home water bill?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Aren’t Silicon Valley companies moving that way? Like sleep in your car and shower at work for Maximum Efficiency.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Baseball, dude.

E: they also do pretty okay at the Olympics too if you want to count that.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
While we chased balls they studied the blade

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Zzulu posted:

Do they have a reputation for being bad at them?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
People who cycle to work often shower at work, and I'd hope their colleagues would appreciate them not stinking all day rather than thinking it's weird

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

one time I walked in on a guy who jogs on his lunch break and he had one leg hiked up over the sink and was hovering his balls right by the faucet splashing them with water

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

People who cycle to work often shower at work, and I'd hope their colleagues would appreciate them not stinking all day rather than thinking it's weird

I worked in a place where people would do that and it was fine, but this isn't a very bicycle accessible workplace. I've never seen any bikes locked up out front anyway. So I think this guy's just being "frugal" or is, as mentioned, actually living out of their car.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
PHUO: cycling on the street is a two-way street (heh)

Places without bike lanes suck but if you cycle unsafely or arbitrarily decide to swap between pedestrian and vehicle rules while riding you don’t get to complain about drivers getting annoyed at you

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
lotta racists wrt japanese people itt gotta be honest

very yikes of you

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I like their food. Dislike their anime.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

spit on my clit posted:

lotta racists wrt japanese people itt gotta be honest

very yikes of you

They are the 2nd worst people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Japan is not a race they are a country

Worst countries: