Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Guess this'll either be a one-off game or Intsys awkwardly trying to recreate it in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

funkymonks posted:

So what has the rest of IntSys been working on?

Well it's either gotta be Switch Wars or Paper Mario, right?

(Sad, actual answer: probably just Fire Emblem Heroes)

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

rannum posted:

alois' c support is giving me birthright flashbacks and while it makes the s rank swerve less of one it just doubles down on why this shouldn't have been a s support to begin with. "Hey we're basically family! Because Jeralt more or less adopted me when I was 9 and raised me as a squire." coem on intsys/koei tecmo

Birthright, and by extension Alois' support: Birthright romancing the Lords is the least-incesty path, because not only are you not actually blood related to any of them, you have no personal family history being raised with them like the Lords in Conquest.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

funkymonks posted:

So what has the rest of IntSys been working on?

Pushmo for Switch :pray:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Andrast posted:

My Ferdinand really isn't pulling his weight.

I see a career in dancing coming his way

I was exactly the same until a recent relationship chat he had with Bernadette that was all kinds of :allears: Now I no longer automatically respond with "gently caress you Ferdinand" every time he is "My name is blah blah blah" when selected in combat and I will spare him. Instead I went and recruited Sylvain to be my dancer.

Edit: Oh and I just read another post where someone is saying Sylvain is nice to Bernadette as well so that might be out the window. It really feels like the writing in the game is very self aware and enjoys subverting expertations with regards to tropes and character.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 30, 2019

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't know if it's really self aware or anything. Game just has good character writing

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Hubert X Bernadetta is also really good.

The writing and characters in general are really good.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Terper posted:

Pushmo for Switch :pray:

smh not calling it Switchmo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

whoa, that is really something. If anything I'd have expected them to reveal that people from Atlus had worked on this because this really does feel like a Persona game in miniature in many, many ways. The writing and support conversations are probably the best in the whole series since the GBA imo. The political weirdness and secrets of this church you're serving is just way more intriguing than other games with their "yeah you're in a band of mercs and do stuff I guess"

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Megasabin posted:

Can anyone in this thread 100% confirm that it is possible to recruit Hilda as a black eagle? Every other site on the internet has people arguing about it without anyone providing proof.

Hilda is unrecruitable on black eagles unless you side with the church. Once you lock in that route (the chapter before the timeskip), she becomes recruitable.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
gonna try and get going on this this week, are there any tips i should keep in mind as i dehumanize and face to anime

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Who's a good bow user to recruit? I like my Black Eagles lineup for the most part, but I'd like another archer to go with Bernadette. I think we're pretty good on mages, maybe could use one more melee guy too.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Shamir for bows.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

^^^^ Ugh, is there anyone else? I did not like her at all from the scene or two I've had.

Also, is there any way to miss seeing a support scene? I got Bernie's B support last night (:ohdear:) but I don't remember ever getting her C support.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Damage formula is pretty straightforward in FE, right? But I'm not quite sure why some type of thieves damage Raph so much while others just scrape him, I might be wrong but the units seem around the same level. Or maybe Raphael has low defense?!

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

gonna try and get going on this this week, are there any tips i should keep in mind as i dehumanize and face to anime

* Play on hard if you have any kind of experience at tactical rpgs. Combat might start off a little difficult but you get more powerful as you level especially if you're trying to wring the most you can out of the content and normal will become completely trivial at a point (and I am absolutely not a precious about difficulty levels and regularly play games on easy etc).

* Play however you like but given there are multuiple paths through the game I wouldn't bother investing too much in guides and min/maxing on your initial run. I feel like I'm not missing out on much by letting it all play out naturally and am only looking stuff up when there are systems I don't understand.

* Try and remain spoiler-free. The story takes some turns.

* The very first time in the game you are asked about which house you have a preference for or something along those lines isn't actually choosing the house, that comes later and is really obvious. You get to have a look at all the students in each house first.

* Not really a tip or anything but just about every character I didn't like initially or thought seemed boring and cliche I would now die for.

* And finally, the the most important tip. Do all your shopping and selling and inventory management on the pre-battle menu screen rather than at the shops themselves because that way you don't have to here the same to annoyingly cheerful voice lines repeated for every single transaction.

Edit: a couple more....

* You want to raise your professor level as much as you can as fast as you can. It governs how many actions you can do in a day when you explore so it's like picking the XP or SP boost as your first perk in other games because you get the most value out of it taht way.

* Pay attention to what other characters, including (possibly especially) those not in your house like and dislike and their broad personality traits.

* Reset to menu if you feel the need to save-scum: +- and LR at once

* On the combat resolution screen which shows you your to-hit odds etc you can switch between weapons (X/Z) and combat arts (ZL/ZR) on that screen without needing to go back a menu level, which is a really nice feature in a game that doesn't exactly have the best ui

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 30, 2019

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Phenotype posted:

Who's a good bow user to recruit? I like my Black Eagles lineup for the most part, but I'd like another archer to go with Bernadette. I think we're pretty good on mages, maybe could use one more melee guy too.

Shamir is pretty easy to recruit. But, I'm just using Petra, who works well with bows alongside the Bern imo

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Phenotype posted:

^^^^ Ugh, is there anyone else? I did not like her at all from the scene or two I've had.

Ignatz is the other bow user I recruited (entirely by just randomly saying "hey join me" one day), but honestly I like Shamir better.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Blue Lions sure is the house of Bad Dads, huh?

The only good dads are the ones who had the courtesy to die.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Phenotype posted:

Also, is there any way to miss seeing a support scene? I got Bernie's B support last night (:ohdear:) but I don't remember ever getting her C support.

Ashe's stats are pretty middle of the road (by Blue Lion standards, anyway), but he gets innate locktouch, which is really nice. Cyril is also innately built to be an archer.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

inthesto posted:

Ashe's stats are pretty middle of the road (by Blue Lion standards, anyway), but he gets innate locktouch, which is really nice. Cyril is also innately built to be an archer.

Black Eagles can't get cyril.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Gravy Jones posted:

* And finally, the the most important tip. Do all your shopping and selling and inventory management on the pre-battle menu screen rather than at the shops themselves because that way you don't have to here the same to annoyingly cheerful voice lines repeated for every single transaction.

Critical exception: Unless I'm missing something you can't buy Smithing Stones this way since they come from the traveling merchants that are inexplicably not available from the Marketplace option. This may leave you unable to repair weapons before battles if you've managed to run out somehow.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Critical exception: Unless I'm missing something you can't buy Smithing Stones this way since they come from the traveling merchants that are inexplicably not available from the Marketplace option. This may leave you unable to repair weapons before battles if you've managed to run out somehow.

Running out of smithing stones is really easy if you aggressively forge your weapons

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Timeskip chat!

Siding with Edelgard against the church pretty much paints a giant bullseye onto everyone doesn't it, I've only been able to recruit Lysithia and everyone else I've met from the other factions so far has been slain, Claude included, Alois and Shamir died in the last battle I fought which also had Setesh and Flayn abandon ship after I beat them in combat.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Good call, that hadn't occured to me. I'll have to remember that myself. I guess it's because those guys mostly sell the stuff you use when exploring rather than in battles.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I want to do recruitment poo poo but my team is already pretty well-rounded with just the basic house people.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax

Phenotype posted:

Several people have already answered this, but just to be thorough - Felix, Ashe, Ignatz & Leonie are the four non-BH students with bow aptitude.

Tired Moritz posted:

I want to do recruitment poo poo but my team is already pretty well-rounded with just the basic house people.

If it helps, missions after the first few months have 10-11 deployment slots, and you start getting Adjutant slots (which are like pair-ups from Awakening/Fates except: the supporting unit is stuck on the paired unit for the battle and can't be detached, earns xp and support points with the unit, counts as a supporting attacker for the unit, and occasionally grants an extra effect like healing or protection) as your Prof level goes up, so you might as well make use of them. And hey, you might end up in a fight where you could really use an extra tough dude, or mage, or archer or whatever.

Just pick characters you like, or who you want to pair with your own characters.

Coucho Marx fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 30, 2019

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

So my students are doing okay skill wise so far, but teach seems to be somewhat lacking. I only noticed when they became available for an intermediate class change and their sword skill was laughably low.

What's the best way to raise teachs skill stats without hampering the students? Seminars? Battles?

I would guess faculty advice is the best but that uses up an exploration point that I would rather use on something else. Is it a good idea to prioritise teachs skills?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

So my students are doing okay skill wise so far, but teach seems to be somewhat lacking. I only noticed when they became available for an intermediate class change and their sword skill was laughably low.

What's the best way to raise teachs skill stats without hampering the students? Seminars? Battles?

I would guess faculty advice is the best but that uses up an exploration point that I would rather use on something else. Is it a good idea to prioritise teachs skills?

Seminars are useful for when you need to restore some motivation to your students anyway. If you're exploring aggressively (and you should be early on), you should have more exploration points than you know what to do with, so that's where faculty training comes in.

There's also an item that doubles skill experience for whoever equips it. I don't remember when and where you get it, but as soon as I got it, I stapled it to Byleth.

Support spoilers for Annette: I got the A+ support for Annette and Gilbert. I'm happy to have finally healed a broken family. :unsmith:

e: Where the hell do I get mithril? I'm on chapter 16 and I only have one piece of it. I doubt I'll be getting 9 more (much less 39 more) by the end of the game, so I just want to know how and when I can expect to make more legendary weapons on my next run.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I recruited Shamir and Catherine and wow these two loving destroy poo poo, huh. During chapter 6 every enemy Archer seemed to think they could win a shootout with Shamir and they were all very, very wrong.

Also, is everyone else's Leonie a total monster in battle? I made her a Cavalier and she takes basically no damage while doubling anyone who dares to attack her.

So far Hard is definitely easier than I want so hopefully I can do my next playthrough on Lunatic.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Harrow posted:

I recruited Shamir and Catherine and wow these two loving destroy poo poo, huh. During chapter 6 every enemy Archer seemed to think they could win a shootout with Shamir and they were all very, very wrong.

Also, is everyone else's Leonie a total monster in battle? I made her a Cavalier and she takes basically no damage while doubling anyone who dares to attack her.

So far Hard is definitely easier than I want so hopefully I can do my next playthrough on Lunatic.

Mines is like 4HKO’d as of chapter 9 and would get doubled if she had anything heavier than an iron lance but then again she’s level 14 or so while the top performers are level 18-19

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

well this seems like as good a reason as any that the game is so much better than fates while also seeming like a reaction to that game

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
New Game Plus information for those who need it.

The more renown you have, the more you can carry over into the next save file

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Phenotype posted:

Leonie is a pretty good bow unit that has some tankiness. Ashe from Blue Lions is another archer.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh there is new game plus? That's great to hear. I hope you get to carry over a lot

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Oh there is new game plus? That's great to hear. I hope you get to carry over a lot

It seems very much like... Tales of's Grade system. I'm not entirely sure on the details.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
getting to professor level C at chapter 4 is pretty good, right?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Onmi posted:

It seems very much like... Tales of's Grade system. I'm not entirely sure on the details.

I... don't know what that is.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if you do well in game, you get points that you can spread around to either boost gains and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I... don't know what that is.

In the Tales system, you get Grade, which is points to reward you for doing well, mostly in fights. When you NG+, you spend grade to add modifiers or carry over certain bonuses to the new game. It varies by game, but carrying over stuff like your unlocked titles (which give stat bonuses in some games) or weapons, or enhancing gold and xp drops, etc.