Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

alphabettitouretti posted:

This is standard issue for all pm's, not something he had made, right?

It is not standard issue in any way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Obliterati posted:

It is not standard issue in any way

I know, I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

They need to start doing some psychological vetting on anyone who actively pursues a position of power.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

They need to start doing some psychological vetting on anyone who actively pursues a position of power.

But then we actually would be ruled by Brussels which come to think of it couldn't possibly be worse

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

This is standard issue for all pm's, not something he had made, right?

what do u think op
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1155858718870970368

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao BOJO is prime minister just lmao

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
He is (was) American after all

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol of course he would copy one of the dumber things american presidents do

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
Tony Abbott did the same thing and it was sort of worse because it was a direct copy of the air force one jacket

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bojo should wear official japanese power rangers jackets

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Why in the name of gently caress would you ever want to do that

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I moved to Belfast a couple of years ago from Southern Ireland with my German gf and I have genuinely no idea what kinds of rights and statuses she'd have after a no deal Brexit.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Doccykins posted:

BROIS JONSON PRIME MINSTER[/url]

https://twitter.com/Yeah_ThatBloke/status/1155935530741166080

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ape Fist posted:

I moved to Belfast a couple of years ago from Southern Ireland with my German gf and I have genuinely no idea what kinds of rights and statuses she'd have after a no deal Brexit.

youd only be able to trade her under wto rules

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.

Ape Fist posted:

Wait until Johnson's next attempt to force the EU to concede everything, threatening to tear up the Common Travel Area

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Ape Fist posted:

nobody knows thats the beauty of brexit

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Ape Fist posted:

whos gonna deport you after the no deal, lord humongous?

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
England looked at how things are going in the US right now and said hey that looks like a well functioning nation to emulate, let's select the biggest idiot we got to run the country, what could go wrong?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
I think some people here have asked why Scottish labour is dead in the water, so here's a wee look at the psyche of the party- this guy used to be Scottish Labour's press secretary and aide to Kezia Dugdale, the former Scottish Labour leader.

https://twitter.com/GordonMcKee_/status/1155864605429833728?s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

is he aware that the PM isn’t like a king or emperor or pope and would in fact go to city hall to see a mayor?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

boris is an alpha male, a Top Predator

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hovis johnson

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tingfinder posted:

England looked at how things are going in the US right now and said hey that looks like a well functioning nation to emulate, let's select the biggest idiot we got to run the country, what could go wrong?

the funny thing is that america has enough vestigial power where even if trump fucks up massively we can still kinda coast along probably, whereas the UK is in such a terrible position even a Less Dumb Trump like bojo is going to be a hilarious disaster

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Terminally Bored posted:

I knew Guardian is p bad but holy hell at this take

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1155744096717332480

this is the worst take on anything I have ever seen

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tingfinder posted:

Well no the tory membership did. It was like 100,000 people. It wasn't a national vote.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Regarde Aduck posted:

Well no the tory membership did. It was like 100,000 people. It wasn't a national vote.

Technically neither was the process that elected Trump.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I have questions

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol the brit press gotta love it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

lol the brit press gotta love it

The "Sunday Sport" seems to be pretty cool.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

prefect posted:

The "Sunday Sport" seems to be pretty cool.

No it can just be funny

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

What questions. BoJo has hired the daily mirror's chicken as an advisor. It couldn't be clearer.

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.

Isn't that a standard Royal Navy jacket which has a patch of velcro which you can slap your name or title on?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/DerbyChrisW/status/1156257892632338433

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

LOL at our stupid rear end country and Boris touring the UK like they’re all his subjects, promising cash for projects like a king buying favours for votes.

in all seriousness, here’s an uncomfortable thought experiment for all UK voters itt: if there was a straight up simple majority yes/no referendum to cede Northern Ireland out of the UK to ‘solve’ the Irish backstop problem, what do you in all honesty think the result would be?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Viruswithshoes posted:

LOL at our stupid rear end country and Boris touring the UK like they’re all his subjects, promising cash for projects like a king buying favours for votes.

in all seriousness, here’s an uncomfortable thought experiment for all UK voters itt: if there was a straight up simple majority yes/no referendum to cede Northern Ireland out of the UK to ‘solve’ the Irish backstop problem, what do you in all honesty think the result would be?

On the mainland alone? There'd be a good chance of a yes, lol. Certainly virtually all brexit voters would do it in a heartbeat.

Most English people (who would make the majority of the voting population) couldn't give a flying gently caress about Northern Ireland. If you presented them with a map sans borders a good whack wouldn't be able to point it out

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

#corbynoutrider is a good hashtag

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Barry Foster posted:

On the mainland alone? There'd be a good chance of a yes, lol. Certainly virtually all brexit voters would do it in a heartbeat.
Wasn’t it an actual question in a recent brexit poll? But yeah, I’d not be surprised at a yes. Most leavers vote yes, then Irish votes drag it over the line.

Barry Foster posted:

Most English people (who would make the majority of the voting population) couldn't give a flying gently caress about Northern Ireland. If you presented them with a map sans borders a good whack wouldn't be able to point it out
Even with borders, a bunch would assume the republic was the British part because it’s bigger.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

cyberbug posted:

Isn't that a standard Royal Navy jacket which has a patch of velcro which you can slap your name or title on?

Yes, but only your surname goes on the chest patch - the rate/rank goes on the shoulder boards.

I have no idea why someone at the MoD or No.10 thought Boris needed a special PM foul weather jacket. Even the 1st Sea Lord just has their surname on the chest patch rather than their title, and it goes on the other side. It's not like the PM is C-in-C of the British military or anything; he's not even on the Admiralty Board which (theoretically) runs what's left of the navy during its one meeting per year.

It's utterly meaningless and just gives Boris a way to live out his Churchillian fantasy and pretend he wields military power like the US president.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

They polled Tory party members on it-

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

marktheando posted:

They polled Tory party members on it-

Nose spite face etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016