Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Can someone just pay some make-a-wish kid to blow their wish on meeting this fat gently caress and getting the real ending out of him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Dying kids prob aren't the strongest but I'd prob still put my money on them vs gurrm

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Misery but it's Kathy Bates getting GRRM to admit which storylines are shaggy dog stories

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

The canon ending is malleable cause you know he is changing everything.

Well, that would require him to write.
As long as there are no more books, the show’s ending is the canon one.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

The ending is that every viewpoint character dies and we never find out how things end.

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice
LMAO

https://twitter.com/GameSpot/status/1151620367695470593

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
:getin: now kill their star wars movie

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cowards.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

:getin: now kill their star wars movie

Star Wars fans deserve them.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Misery but it's Kathy Bates getting GRRM to admit which storylines are shaggy dog Shaggydog stories

FTFY

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Shaggydog and the Isle of Unicorns
Shaggydog and the Cannibal King
Shaggydog and the Man from the Sea
Shaggydog 2: Golden Receiver
Shaggydog Goes West
Shaggydog The First Avenger

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Can someone just pay some make-a-wish kid to blow their wish on meeting this fat gently caress and getting the real ending out of him?

It's easier than that - Just order a greasy pizza, eat pizza. put box under bed. take out box. look at grease stains sadly for 1 hour. Go jerk off to the creepiest thing you can find on imgur. Go back to staring at grease stain. Post angry post on SA.

There - now you know the ending as well as GRRM. And also what my weekend nights look like at the Extended Stay America.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just writing fanfiction at this point because it makes me happy, is realer than the next book, and I can have Jaime and Brienne chastely kiss but not gently caress

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was looking back through the TVIV threads and it's awesome seeing how much care and attention to detail the OPs were for the first five seasons and once the writing was on the wall that there was no more content from the books and the show was hitting the worst kind of bullet points, the OP gave up adding links to the posts that marked air dates of the episodes halfway through the season, and the OP for the last season is bare bones as hell since clearly everyone, including the show runners, stopped giving a poo poo at that point.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
I was kinda sad the opening scrawl was so low effort for the last season it was one of the highlights for me seeing it change from episode to episode and season to season.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Zasze posted:

I was kinda sad the opening scrawl was so low effort for the last season it was one of the highlights for me seeing it change from episode to episode and season to season.

The first two episodes were so promising because you could see the advance of the White Walkers.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And then it didn't matter.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Nah, stop being harsh. I heard they just kind of forgot about SDCC.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

So - someone post some content for me to post/promote. Segmetns of the story? some fan art?

Can you still buy this story from somewhere?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

kcroy posted:

So - someone post some content for me to post/promote. Segmetns of the story? some fan art?

Can you still buy this story from somewhere?

It's still on Smashwords but the amazon link from the OP is dead.

Anyone know how to work the Tindeck archive? There's something good on there.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arbite posted:

It's still on Smashwords but the amazon link from the OP is dead.

Anyone know how to work the Tindeck archive? There's something good on there.

why was amazon taken down - copywrite?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If George R.R. Martin was stuck in the hatch from LOST for as long as the it existed (1974-2007), and was only allowed to enter 10 characters every 108 minutes, and instead of writing the numbers he wrote a book, assuming an average word length of 5 characters...he could have written any one of the Game of Thrones/ASOIAF books other than A Storm of Swords or A Dance with Dragons.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Misery but it's Kathy Bates getting GRRM to admit which storylines are shaggy dog stories

She wouldn't have to even hobble him. He likely cannot move faster than a snail's pace as it is.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If George R.R. Martin was stuck in the hatch from LOST for as long as the it existed (1974-2007), and was only allowed to enter 10 characters every 108 minutes, and instead of writing the numbers he wrote a book, assuming an average word length of 5 characters...he could have written any one of the Game of Thrones/ASOIAF books other than A Storm of Swords or A Dance with Dragons.

He's way too fat to fit through that hatch.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
There's a back door :lost:

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Intel&Sebastian posted:

There's a back door :lost:

He already told us he found the back door.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Drone Jett posted:

He already told us he found the back door.

Yeah, but after he caught the willy sepsis he's not taking that door again.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Man, Lost got weird didn't it. I watched the first episode when it premiered, and it didn't grab me, so didn't watch more. I saw parts of a few other episodes in season one, and something about a bear? not a bear?

I was working at home so able to avoid any "Water cooler" talk. Oh yeah and WoW was released that year, so ... I guess that makes sense I lived in a black hole, emerging just to re-up on supplies.

I caught the occasional reference - like "cripple dude walks again" "something something button" and of course that the end was a big let down. But that was really it. Your post inspired me to wiki that poo poo, and holy crap.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Just dig in and go for it. Lost is one of the most influential tv shows in the past decade. Probably has more impact than GoT ever will. It’s fuckin wild but does lose a little bit from not watching week to week and having to wait for new episodes while the conspiracies fly.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Do you really want to know though? I think it's much better emotionally to think" GRRM just writes slowly and gets distracted, and well then he died." I'm not sure I could handle it if he finished all that poo poo, and it was a shaggy dog story. I'd have lost my poo poo. I guess now I don't give a crap, but a few years ago, that would have been rage inducing.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Invalid Validation posted:

Just dig in and go for it. Lost is one of the most influential tv shows in the past decade. Probably has more impact than GoT ever will. It’s fuckin wild but does lose a little bit from not watching week to week and having to wait for new episodes while the conspiracies fly.

Yeah the fun part of the experience was being able to step back and go 'what the actual gently caress just happened?' for a week while you waited. It was better than GoT for that since it was so out there and nonsensical at times that you really could just theorycraft out of your rear end. It's an interesting and generally fun trek up until you get to the end and get a lackluster ending. Same kind of thing as BSG but somehow less dumb.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

kcroy posted:

Man, Lost got weird didn't it. I watched the first episode when it premiered, and it didn't grab me, so didn't watch more. I saw parts of a few other episodes in season one, and something about a bear? not a bear?

I was working at home so able to avoid any "Water cooler" talk. Oh yeah and WoW was released that year, so ... I guess that makes sense I lived in a black hole, emerging just to re-up on supplies.

I caught the occasional reference - like "cripple dude walks again" "something something button" and of course that the end was a big let down. But that was really it. Your post inspired me to wiki that poo poo, and holy crap.

Season 5 of Lost is one of the best seasons of any TV. All of them besides like 2 and the last one are good.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

kcroy posted:

Do you really want to know though? I think it's much better emotionally to think" GRRM just writes slowly and gets distracted, and well then he died." I'm not sure I could handle it if he finished all that poo poo, and it was a shaggy dog story. I'd have lost my poo poo. I guess now I don't give a crap, but a few years ago, that would have been rage inducing.

I'm being 100% honest when I say I wish he would just admit these will never be finished and walk away. It'd be embarrassing but I'd rather he just put everyone and himself out of their misery after ADWD turned out how it did. And really how much more embarrassing can it get than a bunch of HBO boob peddlers finishing off your lifes work for you because you couldn't be arsed into doing it yourself in less than a decade.

Just go enjoy your money fat man, gently caress all this

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm being 100% honest when I say I wish he would just admit these will never be finished and walk away. It'd be embarrassing but I'd rather he just put everyone and himself out of their misery after ADWD turned out how it did. And really how much more embarrassing can it get than a bunch of HBO boob peddlers finishing off your lifes work for you because you couldn't be arsed into doing it yourself in less than a decade.

Just go enjoy your money fat man, gently caress all this

I doubt he's honest enough with himself to admit this.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

TK-42-1 posted:

Yeah the fun part of the experience was being able to step back and go 'what the actual gently caress just happened?' for a week while you waited. It was better than GoT for that since it was so out there and nonsensical at times that you really could just theorycraft out of your rear end. It's an interesting and generally fun trek up until you get to the end and get a lackluster ending. Same kind of thing as BSG but somehow less dumb.

This is what had killed it for me within the first 4 seasons or so though. Like everybody is going nuts trying to theory craft, but after a while it becomes really obvious there's no point because none of the crazy poo poo has consistent or logical underpinnings.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

pseudanonymous posted:

I doubt he's honest enough with himself to admit this.

He's really not, wasn't it just last page where he said he was under a ton of pressure to finish something when HBO was passing him up and even though he failed he thinks having almost no pressure at all is a good thing for the prospects of a book coming out?

lmfao

I think there's an extremely remote chance he finishes Winds and absolute zero chances he finishes anything after that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
The thing about Lost is that it was never truly planned out the way a lot of TV inspired by it is. They did a good job of making it look like they had a plan beyond whatever season they were in, but they really didn't up until the point where they negotiated with ABC to stop treating the show as something that would just run indefinitely until everyone stopped watching and let them set an end point.

I think it was around season 4 and you can tell the whole show is sort of re-energized right around there.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He's really not, wasn't it just last page where he said he was under a ton of pressure to finish something when HBO was passing him up and even though he failed he thinks having almost no pressure at all is a good thing for the prospects of a book coming out?

lmfao

I think there's an extremely remote chance he finishes Winds and absolute zero chances he finishes anything after that.

I think he'll finish Winds but I dunno about anything after that

Also would it surprise anyone for him to finish Winds and then go whoops I was wrong I'm gonna need 8 books to finish this

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Ginette Reno posted:

I think he'll finish Winds but I dunno about anything after that

Also would it surprise anyone for him to finish Winds and then go whoops I was wrong I'm gonna need 8 books to finish this

I would be shocked at this point if additional points wouldn't be necessary. Most of the last book he actually finished was new plots and new characters.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lmfao

Right but he is still insisting he'll finish it. So clearly he doesn't have the self awareness to realize that he won't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The thing about Lost is that it was never truly planned out the way a lot of TV inspired by it is. They did a good job of making it look like they had a plan beyond whatever season they were in, but they really didn't up until the point where they negotiated with ABC to stop treating the show as something that would just run indefinitely until everyone stopped watching and let them set an end point.

I think it was around season 4 and you can tell the whole show is sort of re-energized right around there.

This is something I absolutely hate about TV dramas. It's just an endless grind with season after season of fabricated suspense until the show is cancelled and you get a lovely ending. I can do that with a comedy - for where I really care about the plot and am interested in details - It's just not worth it for me.