Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Raichu is the best pokemon because Raichu kills Nazis.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Fuckin lol

https://twitter.com/StefanMolyneux/status/1156035262289334272

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

only 2% or so of wine is intended to age and most of it becomes vinegar after a few years so yeah, i feel this

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WOMEN TURN INTO CHEESE

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The straights are definitely not okay.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

luxury handset posted:

only 2% or so of wine is intended to age and most of it becomes vinegar after a few years so yeah, i feel this

Wine starts turning to vinegar once it's opened, so men should remain virgins until they are millionaires.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

luxury handset posted:

zoux posted:

WOMEN TURN INTO CHEESE

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1156173462072909824

Also watch your loving language

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I recently heard Stefan Molyneux and his voice sounds like a sneering impression of himself.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I still want to put together a Tournament of Dumb bracket for Twitter, and probably would’ve forgotten about Molyneux if he hadn’t reminded me what a colossal idiot he is with that.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Kanine posted:

I remember seeing a great poster (I cant find it) where it shows someone punching a nazi but behind them is a group of other people in a line doing stuff like raising legal funds, building power bases in disadvantaged communities, etc. and other things that help, since punching nazis isnt an option for everyone, and they can still help by being part of the pipeline

i remember seeing a great picture and statue. here i posted them for you

your not wrong but if you dont see the difference between and out and proud facist and people doing hosed poo poo because :capitalism: then you need to get your brain dewormed.

snergle has a new favorite as of 17:51 on Jul 30, 2019

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
https://twitter.com/BlueBoxDave/status/1156170508183973889

drat that's so true, all we have to go by are his words and actions

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Oh. Well....people disagree. I guess it's not true, then. Thanks for clearing this up for us, Federalist!

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

ghost emoji posted:

https://twitter.com/BlueBoxDave/status/1156170508183973889

drat that's so true, all we have to go by are his words and actions

I think the worst thing to happen to people’s understanding of racism is when “racist” became a noun. What does it mean to be “a racist?” I can say that someone’s actions are racist, but everyone does racist things from time to time, just by virtue of living in a society. So where do you draw the line of being “a racist?” Is it about internal views or just actions, and if so, how many actions are needed? I’d rather call out the racist things Trump or anyone else does than get caught up in a semantic argument about whether he’s crossed some ill-defines threshold.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jurgan posted:

I think the worst thing to happen to people’s understanding of racism is when “racist” became a noun. What does it mean to be “a racist?” I can say that someone’s actions are racist, but everyone does racist things from time to time, just by virtue of living in a society. So where do you draw the line of being “a racist?” Is it about internal views or just actions, and if so, how many actions are needed? I’d rather call out the racist things Trump or anyone else does than get caught up in a semantic argument about whether he’s crossed some ill-defines threshold.

it's way more cathartic to call someone racist than say something they did was racist

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
It's all tied up in identity.

A "racist" is a bad person, and *I'm* not a bad person, so I cant possibly do something racist. So, logically, since racists are bad people, the people I think are bad (aka the people I am racist against) must be the REAL racists. I am smart and good amen.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Why did you elect a racist President? Who had no qualifications and was mostly known as an unlikeable weirdo reality tv star

there are so many questions, america

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I remember when he just made games

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

oldpainless posted:

I remember when he just made games

(that's Peter Molyneux, unless that's :thejoke:)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

drat, guess I'm contributing to content this time, I was perversely entertained by his apparent abrupt turn from weird gamemaking to garbage rightwing views.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jurgan posted:

Colloquially we use racism and bigotry/prejudice interchangeably which confuses the issue. He means bigot, which is different from racist. Bigotry is better for personal opinions and views on things like race and religion, while racism is better for discussing how societies marginalize certain populations, by design, by system or whatever. Trump is racist in that he supports and advances status quo or reactionary positions that maintain or increase marginalization of vulnerable populations, and he's bigoted in that he has opinions about various kinds of people based on prejudice and disdain for them. As far as determining if someone is "racist", only effect matters. Do the policies and stated views of Trump increase or decrease marginalization? Without equivocation they do, thus he is racist. Is he a "bigot"? I think that's clear, but yes technically since I can only ever know my own mind and heart, I can't say for sure that he is, nor could I say that anyone is in the absolute sense. Which of course is a facile argument but remember the D&S "Is the dictionary racist because it has slurs in it" argument, so that's the standard of debate we're operating with.

As regards Trump, I think what's confounding is that while he's certainly bigoted, he practices a weird, pathological solipsistic and misanthropic bigotry where he hates everyone who isn't him. So he hates black people, but not for the same reasons that David Duke or Stephen Miller do. He doesn't have some grand ideology or view of humanity that is driving him, just this belief that all human interactions are transactional and that he must get the better deal out of these transactions. The language we've developed to critique and analyse institutionalized racism and bigotry don't really work for him because he's bigoted in such an esoteric way.

e: ultimately that's all academic navel gazing, Trump is racist (bigoted) in both word and deed and that's all that matters for 99% of purposes. Part of the reason I care is because when some one goes "Muslims suck" and you say "That's racist" suddenly you're in the "Islam isn't a race" argument, when there's no real difference between hating someone for their race or religion or sexuality or gender expression. It all comes from the same bad place.

zoux has a new favorite as of 20:05 on Jul 30, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's some content to make up for that earnest post

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

PurpleXVI posted:

(that's Peter Molyneux, unless that's :thejoke:)

A question I never answered for myself is whether or not Peter and Stefan were related. And if not, how the gently caress did Stevie get famous enough to be a big player in the chudosphere?

This is just loving begging for an ARE TROOPS response.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

Zzulu posted:

Why did you elect a racist President? Who had no qualifications and was mostly known as an unlikeable weirdo reality tv star

there are so many questions, america

If my parents are any indication a large number of Trump voters were racists. Also they believed he was a great business mind, but never looked into the myriad of his complete failures in launching multiple different kinds of businesses.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

snergle posted:

your not wrong but if you dont see the difference between and out and proud facist and people doing hosed poo poo because :capitalism: then you need to get your brain dewormed.

Sadly that statue doesn't capture the determined sneer on that woman's face.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/arielsobelle/status/1155574610227683328

Spicy

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

snergle posted:

Some incredulous Übermenskers in the background there preparing to submit a newspaper column questioning her lack of decorum and respect for freedom of speech.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Jurgan posted:

When do you become gay? When do you become a bridge builder? When do you become a cock-sucker?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Apprentice Dick posted:

Also they believed he was a great business mind, but never looked into the myriad of his complete failures in launching multiple different kinds of businesses.
To be fair, he offloaded a bunch of his own debt onto - siphoned all the money - personally profited from them.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

dialhforhero posted:

When do you become gay? When do you become a bridge builder? When do you become a cock-sucker?

...but you gently caress ONE goat

Folk's, it's with a heavy heart I must report that the Federalist guy isn't mad at all, in fact, we've fallen into his trap

https://twitter.com/CourtneyHagle/status/1156293870847758337

zoux has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Jul 30, 2019

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

I built towers everywhere, do they call me Trump the tower builder? I play golf more than any other president, but do they call me Trump the golfer? but you try and get just 5 innocent black teenagers executed.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

zoux posted:

Folk's, it's with a heavy heart I must report that the Federalist guy isn't mad at all, in fact, we've fallen into his trap

https://twitter.com/CourtneyHagle/status/1156293870847758337

He really does have a tweet for everything.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I, too, deny the validity of queer theory and cognitive linguistics.

No but to answer your question:
When someone continually does something subconsciously or consciously without ever reflecting on that behavior and attempting to change their behavior, or if after reflecting choose to continue that behavior, then they are that thing.

This applies to basically everything.

It is perhaps subjective, but yay empiricism and collective opinions.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

I, too, deny the validity of queer theory and cognitive linguistics.

No but to answer your question:
When someone continually does something subconsciously or consciously without ever reflecting on that behavior and attempting to change their behavior, or if after reflecting choose to continue that behavior, then they are that thing.

This applies to basically everything.

It is perhaps subjective, but yay empiricism and collective opinions.

what

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Byzantine posted:

Raichu is the best pokemon because Raichu kills Nazis.

"This Rat Kills Fascists"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Apprentice Dick posted:

If my parents are any indication a large number of Trump voters were racists. Also they believed he was a great business mind, but never looked into the myriad of his complete failures in launching multiple different kinds of businesses.

A great business mind?

But politics is not business and being a president is not like being head of a corporation

at least its not supposed to be :psyduck:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
A lot of Americans believe a government is just a big business.

That’s why they cry about debt all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zzulu posted:

A great business mind?

But politics is not business and being a president is not like being head of a corporation

at least its not supposed to be :psyduck:

I can't remember the last election that didn't have some GOP CEO gently caress talking about how he was going to run the US like a business and in the business world when something doesn't work you simply blah blah blah