Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is that allowed? sounds like automation via a macro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Looking for Zaw advice. About to put together a
Plague Kripath / Korb / Vargeet II Jai
and I was wondering if there was a better rapier combination.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

It’s a gray area. On the forums, they said it’s cool because of accessibility issues, but I’ve been banned temporarily for it before

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Autofire macros are extremely unlikely to get you in trouble.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Awesome! posted:

is that allowed? sounds like automation via a macro

This is entirely legal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8lqqcYUrk

E: There are definitely macro things that aren't allowed but the only one that really stands out is using a macro to exploit a bug in order to level really really really fast. If you're using a macro to make movement, guns, or melee easier you should be perfectly fine.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I guess this would be a bad time to tell you that Rapiers are among the weapon classes that have a good forced status proc stance / combo (Vulpine Mask / Hidden Flourish) and that you can build them for pure crit without sacrificing basically any of the Condition Overload potential. :v:

Is this true? The wiki only lists a forced slash proc, which, eh.

Vargeet II Jai will get you a crit rapier with a small amount of status, Vargeet Jai II will still have good crit, barely less damage, and barely better status but it's also faster. The Ekwana variant will swap around the crit and status and with Blood Rush, Berserker, and Condition Overload I tend to go for the ekwanas.

Any of these combos will still make a pretty strong rapier though.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 30, 2019

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Built a saryn and have no idea what I'm doing with her. Are you supposed to run around in ESO spamming 1?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Unperson_47 posted:

Built a saryn and have no idea what I'm doing with her. Are you supposed to run around in ESO spamming 1?

assuming you grabbed a spore build -

The goal is to pop spores on enemies that are near-ish to other enemies. Cast 1 on an enemy and shoot them. Your 3 buffs your attacks to do more damage and also always pop spores. Each pop spreads the spores, and the damage per spore increases with number of enemies affected, so wider is best.

If 0 enemies have spores the spore damage falls really fast so get them on somebody asap. If enemies have spores at all more casts will reduce spore damage so try to be strategic about that.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Rapier combos are fast as gently caress and end in a finisher, so go hard on dmg and crit instead of speed and status, I recommend Korb and Vargeet Ruhang II, it is much faster than the attack speed makes it out to be.

Unperson_47 posted:

Put your 1 on an enemy, then hit your 4 every 10 sec or so, putting your 1 on enemies again whenever it outscales the spawning. use an aoe weapon or melee to kill enemies in the meantime, whenever you kill an enemy with spores on, it spreads, your 4 causes it to spread no matter what, you really don't need to use your 3 if you use one of those two types of weapons.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

FunkyFjord posted:

Is this true? The wiki only lists a forced slash proc, which, eh.

Slash procs are good, Plague zaws have innately high Viral, Viral + Slash are good together, and it only takes 2 statuses for CO to be good, more just makes it amazing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Slash procs are good, Plague zaws have innately high Viral, Viral + Slash are good together, and it only takes 2 statuses for CO to be good, more just makes it amazing.

I made a staff plague saw, I feel like I made the wrong choice. It does a gently caress ton of crit but is missing a lot of slash.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Unperson_47 posted:

Get yourself a good melee weapon. Find an enemy, hit 1 on it, wait a second, melee it down. Watch your spore counter and when it hits 1k or so you should probably hit 1 again to drop it before you start killing everything before spores spread. Hit 3 once in a while to buff, or keep it up constantly if you don't have a good melee weapon and are using a gun. Hit 4 whenever there's a bunch of dudes around you and you want them to die extra fast. Hit 2 and run away whenever you're in trouble.

Mesadoram posted:

I made a staff plague saw, I feel like I made the wrong choice. It does a gently caress ton of crit but is missing a lot of slash.

I know nothing about Keewar and you didn't list parts, but a staff Kripath is the objectively correct choice.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That's all totally fair wrt rapier zaws, I think what's going here is I made a crit zaw out of tier 1 parts when leveling cetus stuff and was thoroughly unimpressed, but probably also didn't try to invest much in it. Maybe that's what I do nect time we have a gild-a-thing nw.

E: vv beautiful

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jul 31, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there will be no more gild a thing nightwaves

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Unperson_47 posted:

Once you get a feel for the 1/kill dance you'll have the highest kill count in any defense mission you play.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

gently caress me, I didn't realize how cool Khora was. I've been using the affinity booster I got from the sortie yesterday to rank poo poo I've been meaning to (but didn't have the patience for). Khora was one of them and now I need to roll myself a better stat stick.

Accumulating Whipclaw is hilarious levels of stupid and I love it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Even without Accumulating Whipclaw she's pretty amazing. I've been using her to snooze through Helene to try get some Meso N7s. 200+ range means I can just cast strangledome in the middle and it kills everything in the mission.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Man Vauban Prime is ugly.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Even without Accumulating Whipclaw she's pretty amazing. I've been using her to snooze through Helene to try get some Meso N7s. 200+ range means I can just cast strangledome in the middle and it kills everything in the mission.

I tried out max range Khora during a hyper Helene on a whim, and just kept strangledome up on the target. I thought it was just picking up occasional grineer, but I glanced at the stats and I had 600 kills as it was vacuuming up nearly every guy on the map and grinding them into dust. Absolutely brutal.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Anora posted:

Turn on your monitor.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Bug Squash posted:

I tried out max range Khora during a hyper Helene on a whim, and just kept strangledome up on the target. I thought it was just picking up occasional grineer, but I glanced at the stats and I had 600 kills as it was vacuuming up nearly every guy on the map and grinding them into dust. Absolutely brutal.
Was this with whipping the cage or simply through passive dangling?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

On Helene and Hydron just the cage alone will shred enemies instantly til round 10

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

On Helene and Hydron just the cage alone will shred enemies instantly til round 10

Yup. I started whipping once Noxes showed up, and boy howdy does accumulating whipclaw start stacking, even with strength tanked. Plus it spreads to all the other flies in my web.

It hurt to add in and extra augment for Pilfering Dome, but I found it really handy for feeding the whole engine with self sustaining energy.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Anora posted:

Nonsense, it's your (expensive*) reward for the completing the toughest grind** in the game. It's beautiful as a mark of shame.

*31.000 alloy plate,16.000 salvage, 8000 rubedo, 7000 oxium, 9000 cryotic, 5000 circuit, 2 argon crystal,1 orokin cell, and 20 nitain extract
**four rares.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
He's so ugly they could probably make his deluxe skin a 90s poser default model and it would still improve his usage statistics.

and it would be a good use of plat too

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I like Vauban Prime. Not his shoes, but the rest.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Does the rank of your amp make any difference? Will it get more powerful at rank 17 than it is at rank 7?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

prefect posted:

Does the rank of your amp make any difference? Will it get more powerful at rank 17 than it is at rank 7?

nope, they're basically binary: gilded vs not. Only other influence is arcane.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tulip posted:

nope, they're basically binary: gilded vs not. Only other influence is arcane.

Okay, thanks. Now I don't have to grind before trying again to beat up Excalibur Umbra.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
here's how bullshit Khora is: Accumulating Whipclaw is ludicrously OP and I don't even run it anymore in favor of the loot mod because she still destroys everything

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

gaj70 posted:

Nonsense, it's your (expensive*) reward for the completing the toughest grind** in the game. It's beautiful as a mark of shame.

*31.000 alloy plate,16.000 salvage, 8000 rubedo, 7000 oxium, 9000 cryotic, 5000 circuit, 2 argon crystal,1 orokin cell, and 20 nitain extract
**four rares.

My friends still want to play, but aren't. So I'm grinding out the weapons solo... Let me tell you about bullshit...

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Anora posted:

My friends still want to play, but aren't. So I'm grinding out the weapons solo... Let me tell you about bullshit...

Sounds like you need to ditch those zeroes and get with the heroes, word to your mother

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Anora posted:

but... we are your friends :unsmith:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Anora posted:

I solod the clan research for both Zanuka purple and Hema. I think I will die bitter

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

:siren: The random color button now chooses individual colors from all owned palettes. :siren:

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 31, 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Helter Skelter posted:

:siren: The random color button now chooses from all owned palettes. :siren:

wait what did it do before

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Improbable Lobster posted:

Picked everything from a single palette. This was exceedingly clear anytime it picked off the Easter scheme.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Improbable Lobster posted:

Edited for a bit more clarity, but old behavior was that it picked a single palette and then took colors from that. Now you get colors from multiple palettes.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Is it an option or the new default? My ideal random lets me pick a palette and it'd randomize within that. Having it just mishmash a bunch of random colors sounds like it's actively worse for colorblind folks.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

bout time for that

countdown until we get a toggle that lets us choose which way that works

Wasn't it only like three or four devstreams before this year's tennocon where they first realized the random color picker acted like this? It definitely got mentioned and then hand waved earlier this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Echophonic posted:

Is it an option or the new default? My ideal random lets me pick a palette and it'd randomize within that. Having it just mishmash a bunch of random colors sounds like it's actively worse for colorblind folks.

yeah i actually don't mind it picking from one palette, it'd be nice to have a toggle