Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I lived bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
UFOs. We're able to do some damage but not a huge shitload. They drop two alien slurm ropes:
https://i.imgur.com/zLfkV9j.gifv
    Pick an Investigation Target:
  1. Warehouse Five. Owner: Osiron. Function: Warehouse.
  2. Car One. Owner: General Metro. Function: Car Factory.
Obviously we'll hit both but if you wanna see a particular one first go ahead and shoot.
PS if ur an agent and want a mega alien rocket launcher speak up, otherwise they're staying home till the next mission.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

I vote 2. first just to see what the aliens want with a car factory. Then back to the bio labs to work on improved space drugs.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
I took one for the team going into biology.

I’m too combustible for that.

Shoulda held out and waited for the alien rocket launcher and crossed my fingers in hopes of not firing it off while holding it backward.

Bad choices ITT (my choices.)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If you want I will put the paperwork in to transfer you but you will keep your biologist skills

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
#2, let’s give Future Elon Musk a heart attack and gently caress up his cars.

That or just gently caress up the new fusion drive Corvette C18 so the billionaire Neo-Boomers get all mad.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

2. so i can liberate my oppressed worker brethren

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Tftd is hard as gently caress, or at least was to me aged 11. Maybe because I didn't realise agents had skill ratings so made no effort to allocate weapons to people that could use them best.

TFTD was hard as hell because UFO had a bug that reset difficulties to beginner no matter what difficulty you chose to start with. So as a result of feedback that even the 'superhuman' difficulty level was too easy, they increased the difficulty on TFTD based on a bug. :v:

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If you want I will put the paperwork in to transfer you but you will keep your biologist skills

“Never anger HR,” is an important lesson to learn. Add in that I’d still be saddled with nerd stats and the most likely outcome is that I get sent into the alien dimension dressed like Devo and “armed” with a vintage Hasbro Ghostbusters toy set whose only crime is having way too many scratches to be sold on interstellar Ebay.

I’ll stick with my pipettes.

#2 gets my vote

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I STRONGLY recommend you do it
getting equipped up will be exactly like this and you will easily get kills just like in the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_HH_jher3c

Also we still have a couple psyclones left if you wanna roll the dice and shuffle ur stats while becoming permanently space high

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

robos are currently exhausted

Currently there are a lot of decent humans and mutants.

Yessss. Freaky mutant is also something I can get behind.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I was able to find one pretty good robot afterall, it was the only guy available and was p deecent so you ended up with em

also gave you the motion tracker so you can try & slay some kings

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

getting equipped up will be exactly like this and you will easily get kills just like in the vid:

Oh man, that’s what being in Xcom is? gently caress, here I thought it was push-ups and work and poo poo.

Sign me up as a mutant!

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

Also we still have a couple psyclones left if you wanna roll the dice and shuffle ur stats while becoming permanently space high

That is a STRONG pitch, Boss. Have you been watching MadMen while doing this thing?

1 deluxe order of space drugs and prototype Tron LARP getup for here, please. I’ll take mine extra spicy.

I know swords are in this season (and harder to get than non-functional Gucci shoes), so I’ll GLADLY shoulder that new misfile thing all Falling Down style.

Keeping my ant farm though.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

(username/post combo in effect)

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

My ghost votes 2. We need to ensure we maintain access to the means of production!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Foul Ole Ron posted:

If your able to name agents I'll sign up to be cannon fodder.
If you're able to name agents I'll sign up to be Foul Ole Ron

edit: human grunt, big gun

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

I'm glad I am not the coward mutant. If you find a really dumb mutant that would be apropos I think.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I'm a human living in Megacorp city and after my family was killed in the Fertility Vats I have nothing to live for and want to bring the fight to the hamburger patty people.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

ELITE FLYING SKILLS BABY, HELL YEAH

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Discernibly Turgid posted:

That is a STRONG pitch, Boss. Have you been watching MadMen while doing this thing?

1 deluxe order of space drugs and prototype Tron LARP getup for here, please. I’ll take mine extra spicy.

I know swords are in this season (and harder to get than non-functional Gucci shoes), so I’ll GLADLY shoulder that new misfile thing all Falling Down style.

Keeping my ant farm though.

you sure you wanna take the psiclone? Once you do it your stats will be all wacked out and there will be no way to get them back to normal. Also ignore the equipment I somehow hosed it up so you have the same equips as Honkey Dong and I need to fix that before poo poo gets weird. I dunno if it will duplicate the equipment or if you guys are locked into some kind of quantum entanglement zone where each ones changes impact the other.

You can still back out of the process before it's too late and go back to bio if u want

CannonFodder posted:

If you're able to name agents I'll sign up to be Foul Ole Ron

edit: human grunt, big gun

In as strongest available human for biggest available gun

Necros posted:

I'm glad I am not the coward mutant. If you find a really dumb mutant that would be apropos I think.

In as the mutant with lowest available psi

bromplicated posted:

I'm a human living in Megacorp city and after my family was killed in the Fertility Vats I have nothing to live for and want to bring the fight to the hamburger patty people.

I tried to figure out if there was a guy who was in that building but I can only pull hex numbers and would have to go back and cross reference them against every building on the map so you're in as a decent all rounder

also we have enough guys that we're running out of space and so I build more in the third base

going to be able to build ships a lot faster pretty soon. I hosed up and didn't pay attention so it'll be below capacity for a few days but w/e

It will take time for these new guys to make it to the base and geared up so they're laid off this mission and will go to the warehouse one

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I thiiink I'm in there already? Mojangles, psiclone yeah hit me with the juice

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

yeehaw :coolfish:

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

Can someone starting with those stats conceivably rise to usefulness? Yeah, I get why they’re garbage and all.

I trust your judgment, Sniper.

“Person Man
Person Man
Hit on the head
With a frying pan”

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Aww yeah, strength and speed! Gonna run to the front lines and melt :)

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Sign me up for a mutant agent and stick the psyclone straight into my veins. I want to roll the dice on super psycher powers.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
SavageGentleman died, but SavageLad will avange him (if possible). Anyone who will be sent on a mission will do, no preferences.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Let's look at osiron

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Wait, did I die? :ohdear:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
nah you should be alive still
it'll take me a little while to do the HR paperwork to sort these guys and get them where they need to be, I hosed up and never built enough facilities and this whole time we were at like 99% capacity.

It'd be better to order all the stuff before pulling the trigger for the mission just so it's a clean break and by the time the guys get home we can launch the second one with the noobs but also I gently caress up the time estimates extremely hopefully within the next 6 hours but maybe 12 or 72 or some poo poo the post will come up

cannon fodder is for sure getting the alien missile launcher

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

it'll take me a little while to do the HR paperwork to sort these guys and get them where they need to be, I hosed up and never built enough facilities and this whole time we were at like 99% capacity.

It'd be better to order all the stuff before pulling the trigger for the mission just so it's a clean break and by the time the guys get home we can launch the second one with the noobs but also I gently caress up the time estimates extremely hopefully within the next 6 hours but maybe 12 or 72 or some poo poo the post will come up

You know, I never even checked in what I am or what I do? Have I decent stats or am I a garbage baby only fit to act as a decoy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ah, I was wondering one of the earlier dimension missions sounded like there were heavy casualties. While I remember, I'd like to tender that we name the disposable Probe fleet "The Goonswarm" when it's operational.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Foul Ole Ron posted:

You know, I never even checked in what I am or what I do? Have I decent stats or am I a garbage baby only fit to act as a decoy.

I think you only had one mission it might have been the dimension attack? I mean you sorta suck but everyone starts out lovely or as a robot. You have kills.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ah, I was wondering one of the earlier dimension missions sounded like there were heavy casualties. While I remember, I'd like to tender that we name the disposable Probe fleet "The Goonswarm" when it's operational.

nah there was the first dimension jump that got us a toehold on research to attack them, then the first real attack mission where we barely got back alive. No one has died offworld yet. Btw:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Giving the rookie the brand new weapon is :pcgaming: as gently caress and I approve this message.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
alright i'm all boozed up and ready to command

first task will be to finish recruiting guys while the main squad launches. The mission after that will be full noobs. Gonna be kind of a pain to juggle them all because we don't have enough living quarters rn

eugh turgid is gonna be a pain ita because of this inventory crosslink bullshit

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

sebmojo posted:

I thiiink I'm in there already? Mojangles, psiclone yeah hit me with the juice

I somehow never ended up recruiting you even tho you posted on page one so we will do this now

Currently p high speed, this rivals some of the androids, basically ur an olympic sprinter but kind of cowardly. Even if the galaxy space drugs gently caress you up bad you'll probably still be relatively quick or at least not cripplingly slow.

Discernibly Turgid posted:

Can someone starting with those stats conceivably rise to usefulness? Yeah, I get why they’re garbage and all.

I trust your judgment, Sniper.

“Person Man
Person Man
Hit on the head
With a frying pan”

for now i'm going to leave it because it's a huge pain in the rear end to gently caress with rn i'll deal with the inventory thing later and then get you jacked in

hydroceramics posted:

Sign me up for a mutant agent and stick the psyclone straight into my veins. I want to roll the dice on super psycher powers.

Currently there are some p good muties ready to join, you are the most highly qualified. It's sort of a risk to use a good quality agent for psyclones but you could well end up a psionic god

For you, you're already psionically better off than some of the vets were when they began. Big Beef City started off worse, but with these stats you may be able to surpass even him. He's more brain attack oriented but your guy will eventually end up as essentially impregnable to mind control.
You can keep these stats or roll with the space drugs, I'll deal with all that poo poo after this mission.

SavageGentleman posted:

SavageGentleman died, but SavageLad will avange him (if possible). Anyone who will be sent on a mission will do, no preferences.

psychomemetic uplink established, welcome to your new robot bod

Also apparently every time you reload it rerolls the recruit pool I never knew this

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014

Currently there are some p good muties ready to join, you are the most highly qualified. It's sort of a risk to use a good quality agent for psyclones but you could well end up a psionic god

Roll the dice! Aliens are likely to melt me down soon anyway, might as well swing for the fences.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Beep boop, time to kick rear end.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Can I get in on the action as a mutie too?

I'm having xcom withdrawal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
If you end up building any of those unmanned probe things, please name one after me in honour of my violent death. In fact I propose that a probe be named after each deceased wielder of the cursed sword.