Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I bought Doom 1 and 2 on Steam, then downloaded ZDoom to play the .wads with mouselook, jumping, etc. Episodes 1-3 in Doom 1 weren’t so bad on Nightmare, then I got to Thy Flesh Consumed and got completely wrecked. Early cyberdemon? Up to 6 barons trying to bash your skull in at the same time? ~10 cacodemons in the exit room? An opening engagement where if you don’t cause infighting, you’ll run out of ammo before killing everything? Welcome to the second map of Thy Flesh Consumed! :haw:

I tried Evilution and Plutonia, but those are beyond me. I don’t think I made it past the second level of either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

They really fumbled this old school doom release. I bought doom 2 for $4.99 on PS4 but haven’t played it because I can’t be assed to make a Bethesda account.

What I’m saying is, they didn’t fumble it at all because they still got my money.

Like, the operation was a success but the patient died.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm assuming it's because of leaderboards but why not let people just loving play if they don't care about leaderboards. It sounds so dumb

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i wanna be the very best
like no one ever was
to rip and tear is my real test
huge guts are my cause

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

gently caress bethesda forever, im prolly gonna skip youngbloods now bc gently caress everything they're doing

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress bethesda forever, im prolly gonna skip youngbloods now bc gently caress everything they're doing

T*dd H*ward

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

lmao Link’s Awakening for the Switch is going to be $60 wtf

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i played the game for 2 years straight as a kid, its worth it imo

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

If they were giving it the Link Between Worlds treatment I'd be happy to spend $60, but since they're going for a direct remake I'm less interested.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

im buying it day one and trying my best to finish before death stranding

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i played the game for 2 years straight as a kid, its worth it imo

Same OP.

*hoot* *hoot*

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InJFZa-cQnA

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

lmao Link’s Awakening for the Switch is going to be $60 wtf

I have two of those vouchers left so 50 for me.

Still would ha e paid 60 tho

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

put

everything

on

switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kKZF-FBubQ

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I had a couple childhood buddies fly down this past weekend, and we spent all weekend drinking and playing video games together on 4 TV’s/Xbox’s in my living room. I guess it goes to show how we’re getting older, because we went out one night (reluctantly), but chose to spend the other nights playing Blops4 and PUBG.

Totally unrelated, but I’m looking forward to eating a ton of veggies and not drinking alcohol for the next week.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Crusader Kings 2 and all it's expansions is on Humble for $15 for roughly the next 2 weeks. If you ever wanted to murder your wife and kids in the pursuit of a wild genetics project, then promote your horse to be Chancellor of the Realm, now would be a good time.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I see nothing false in here

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

he's not wrong

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Does that mean DPS are the guys to claim they have footlongs and then premature ejaculate?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

New Wolfenstein is fun.

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Does that mean DPS are the guys to claim they have footlongs and then premature ejaculate?

jacking off in the corner

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

oh hey im a horrible hypocrite who bought doom 1/2/3 on switch

please feel free to own me, but in my defense its doom

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

How is it? I own all of them on Steam but wouldn't be opposed to playing with controls designed this century.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Heresy.

I just want one company to get the point about poo poo like this and they do NOT give a poo poo what the press thinks, just sweet sweet dollars.

I know Doom is that good but it's frustrating that people are still giving them money instead of just porting it themselves or something.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

How is it? I own all of them on Steam but wouldn't be opposed to playing with controls designed this century.

its doom, its fine. it had an auto run option, it runs slightly framed on screen but otherwise it's worth the 5 bucks.

the cheat codes are all in a menu and you can turn em off/on at the pause menu

local multi only, which is w/e

doom 3 looks and runs great. panic button did all the other id ports for switch, they know their poo poo and have become pretty dang good at making them work well on switch.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Oh YouTube, you think I still care about Skyrim. How foolish of an algorithm to think I could possibly be interested in such things these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wJuIpGxnPE

(Presses 'Install' button 20 minutes later)

God.loving.Damnit.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

vas

we need your newest list of skyrim mods

we need to know

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't even know right now. I'm downloading the game and the HD texture pack so it'll be awhile.

I'm probably just going to run this magic mod by itself and use the console to gently caress around and see if it's worth doing a full proper install. Because that poo poo takes days.

In May of this year I had the grand idea to do another FO4 install/run, but made it about as far as downloading new mods (that took about two days to screen) and gave up because something else came out and caught my attention.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Psst, hey kid:

you wanna try X3?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dragon Ball FighterZ $18 Nintendo Eshop

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

just fyi the switch version is kinda laggy

if you're gonna treat it like a smash bros game the switch version is totally fine and fun, but if you're an online warrior then go ps4 for the playerbase and pc for performance

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

btw thats not a slam i love dbzf

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

just fyi the switch version is kinda laggy

Seems to be a common trend with Switch ports lol

And PS4 to be fair. Which couldn’t run Tetris without severe input delay

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I wish console manufacturers had the balls to enforce performance standards because the amount of awful-performing releases is getting nuts. Not even talking about 30 FPS vs. 60 FPS here - I feel like half the games out today can't even hold 30 FPS.

I don't care if you have to sacrifice your particle effects just please make your game not run like rear end

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Even more lol is that they’re not graphically intensive per-se, just lazily ported

It is pretty unacceptable in 2019 tbh

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the ports are getting better. panic button has done great stuff with the 3d id games

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Welp, just finished up getting all the achievements in Assasin’s Creed Odyssey after doing all the side missions. Only took 157 hours :pwn:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

think im done with fighting games now

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm still playing Battletech but I'm running out of steam on that one so I'll need something new to play pretty soon. Next Path of Exile league isn't until the first week in September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

lil backstory

infiltration was a really good korean sf4 player and a crowd favorite, and was doing well in sfv.

then it got out he's been beating the poo poo out of his wife and threatened to kill her. she recorded it bc of course it was frequent enough, and took him to court who found him guilty or some weird korean legal variation of it that im not familiar with, but yeah. capcom banned him from the capcom pro tour, but evo is an outside event, Infiltration was allowed to play in non capcom games and he won the new samurai showdown

so there's his triumphant return!

gently caress everything