Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

This is acceptable.

Please post your knife.
(the one used to cut your radishes, the cleaver used to mark the board is not needed)
It's just a Robert Welch signature cook's knife...dont think its anything special

the radishes were just to try and make it look nice, they weren't pickled or anything, bit pointless really. Bet pickled radishes would go really well, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

toiletbrush posted:

plain olive oil dines on toast with onion, chilli, parsley, mint and dill, plus the orange stuff is some tomato sauce/salsa stuff from a recipe someone posted a few pages back that's loving awesome

also my cat foolishly sniffing the manky left over avocado (which didn't go with the salsa *at all*)

i always wondered who the ridiculous six-ingredient "serving suggestions" on the back of the triscuit box were for. now i know

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Man i love Lidl smoked kippers in oil, all you Eurogoons must try them. I stir fried some broccoli and spring onions and just dumped some kippers next to them I the plate. So good

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

I got some brunswick ones. Are they any good?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Necros posted:

you tell us, you bought em

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Necros posted:

eat the fish

if you liked eating the fish, then its good

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

you tell us, you bought em

love this post

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

OMGVBFLOL posted:

eat the fish

if you liked eating the fish, then its good

General Bullshit > Sardines - eat the fish. if you liked eating the fish, then it's good

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Lost my canned squid (or any squid) virginity today and learned that bean sprouts make a great noodle substitute all at the same time!

There's a can of HCF 'dines in there but they're chopped up pretty fine because they are not the star of the show today. All God's delicious ocean creatures must have their turn to shine.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

that looks like a proper meal

naem
May 29, 2011

FaradayCage
May 2, 2010

naem. Your avatar got me through some tough times.

I have no idea what's been going on in this thread. Been a long while since I checked.

But I like your gobbo-shark gif too.

You're alright.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i want fish

naem
May 29, 2011

FaradayCage posted:

I have no idea what's been going on in this thread. Been a long while since I checked.

You're alright.

you are welcome stay strong, animals, fish, good yes happy

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
i like sardines. and eating them. :yum:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Zoe posted:

Lost my canned squid (or any squid) virginity today and learned that bean sprouts make a great noodle substitute all at the same time!

There's a can of HCF 'dines in there but they're chopped up pretty fine because they are not the star of the show today. All God's delicious ocean creatures must have their turn to shine.

Squid is very good. Eat more of it.
Tinned, grilled...Calamari. Do it. Eat it.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed

Big Beef City posted:

Squid is very good. Eat more of it.
Tinned, grilled...Pig Anuses. Do it. Eat it.

Don't get calamari at a bar :razorback:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Even the article just says, basically "Boy that'd gross if true, huh!!", what a terrible article.

"No one we spoke to at any level of the process ever said any more than they'd heard that was an urban rumor, too." Wow well that's some hard hitting reporting. Dang.

quote:

many people in the restaurant industry told him, essentially, anything's possible.

Sardines could ACTUALLY be tiny sharks that you're eating in revenge and THEY ate pigs assholes to keep them that small. WHO KNOWS? NO ONE! THAT'S WHATS SO CRAZY

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
This American Life did part of an episode about it. Huffington Post did a write up about the podcast

edit:

Aww dang, looks like I got hornswaggled

quote:

Clarification: This story has been updated to emphasize "This American Life" didn't uncover any instances of pork-based imitation calamari being passed off as real calamari in a U.S. restaurant.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

idc dude

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's 2019 and :lol: if you're not eating pig anus.

Preferably from feral hogs.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

It's 2019 and :lol: if you're not eating anus in general.

fixed

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

it wouldn't be hard to take samples from wholesale frozen calamari and test it. but it would be expensive, and it would almost certainly turn up nothing, and it would very likely do nothing to kill the legend because urban legends thrive in the "can't prove a negative" space

way cheaper, easier, and more entertaining to do a podcast with a blind taste test comparing calamari and chitterlings, or to write clickbait mooching off said podcast

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

your flaming hog anuses are ready sir

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'd totally give pig rear end in a top hat a try

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
ok so you nerds got me hooked on the dines a while ago but i never tried fishermans eggs. man i waited too long.

thanks sardine thread my life is way better now

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

FaradayCage posted:

You're alright.

Seconded. Long has Mr. Dick wandered the wastes of reddit. Seeing that the sardine thread still stood, with the proud standard of a squirrel avatar waving from its unbroken ramparts, Mr. Dick felt something of the joy of Odysseus alighting on the shores of Ithaca.

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Mr. Dick ain't been back a second

and already ate a jar of motherfucking pickled herring

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Man I'm out of fish and money's tight until later in the month when I start a new contract. :negative:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I mean we all know what it's like when you find yourself googling sardine videos when you should be asleep so I might as well post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKD8eGpkKx0

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tom Gorman posted:

I mean we all know what it's like when you find yourself googling sardine videos when you should be asleep so I might as well post it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKD8eGpkKx0

Huh, those canned sardines are still hand-packed into the tins.

Also wondering what happens to those cut heads & tails. Fertilizer?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Android Apocalypse posted:

Also wondering what happens to those cut heads & tails. Fertilizer?

They most likely just get ground up and enter the fish meal supply chain that way. Some of it becomes fertilizer, some of it gets put in cat food, some of it turns into bigger farmed fishes.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Friends today marked 2 weeks since I had A Sardine. So long that last night I dreamt that I started farming sardines in my wife's 2 salt water tanks. When I told her about it this morning she had a terrified and angry look on her face that said "I will loving kill you" if I attempted it. Of course I wouldn't (?? maybe) but when I got home there were 10 tins of KO 'dines waiting for me. I ate 2 and they were goddamn delicious. Good fishies, good wife, good life.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

But what if you also move to a beach in Portugal?

https://thefishsite.com/articles/portugal-seeks-to-establish-sardine-aquaculture-sector

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

pahuyuth posted:

Friends today marked 2 weeks since I had A Sardine. So long that last night I dreamt that I started farming sardines in my wife's 2 salt water tanks. When I told her about it this morning she had a terrified and angry look on her face that said "I will loving kill you" if I attempted it. Of course I wouldn't (?? maybe) but when I got home there were 10 tins of KO 'dines waiting for me. I ate 2 and they were goddamn delicious. Good fishies, good wife, good life.

I like that she thought that was a real enough possibility to bribe you lmao

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
My HEB carries fresh sardines in their fish market now. I was overcome with joy until I saw the sign that said they were from India. Is it safe to eat sardines from India? India and clean water are not usually thoughts that combine in my head. I just want to take those beautiful little fishies home and do fancy things with them though.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Zoe posted:

My HEB carries fresh sardines in their fish market now. I was overcome with joy until I saw the sign that said they were from India. Is it safe to eat sardines from India? India and clean water are not usually thoughts that combine in my head. I just want to take those beautiful little fishies home and do fancy things with them though.

Yeah go for it. They're probably just pacific harvested dines. The freshwater fish from India are questionable. But sardines aren't freshwater river fish, and those are the things to have concerns about. I think there are freshwater sardines in the Philippines but otherwise go nuts and eat 'em.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

So by fresh, you mean they're not canned (not gone through a precooking process)? they're fine as long as you cook them. Kill every living thing on it. If they've been frozen then that's another way to kill everything on it. As for them possibly coming from a polluted water environment, meh I don't know enough to say anything about that

It's not uncommon for uncooked/unprocessed meat/poultry to have harmful bacteria living on it. Campylobacter, Salmonella, etc. Fish probably differ a bit in bacteria types. Cooking it kills it all

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 13, 2019

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Grill em up Portuguese style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I recently got access to an electric smoker & I've been thinking of smoking some fish. Salmon is the common one, but what are some other fishies I can smoke up?