Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Heavily inspired / Archered :

https://wiki.hard-light.net/index.php/GTF_Pegasus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Is this the state of sweet ignorant bliss that is achieved by accepting all SC apologetics?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Dwesa posted:

Is this the state of sweet ignorant bliss that is achieved by accepting all SC apologetics?

Presumably it's what you get when you stab the space-emperor and get set to space-elysian space-fields.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Star Citizen sucks.
My baby girl Willow does not, however:

Not emptyquoting this adorable dog for a new page

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
The idea that Rexzilla and his crew murder any unaffiliated solo players on their drop zone so that they can play highly scripted fight scenarios unmolested is something I think about often.

Is that something that's already in some movie? Murdering people to take over their land to then have mock battles on it? I mean you could say America, or probably lots of other places, but I feel like this is something that would come up more directly in fiction.

E: I think in Destiny the multiplayer maps being set in hostile areas is justified in fiction by saying that the main PvP coach Guardian wants his students to spar in places close to where they'll really be fighting, so he sends swarms of redshirt robots to secure a perimeter in which CTF or Team Deathmatches can occur. This even happens for maps set on the giant trans-dimensional alien space fortress of doom.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jul 31, 2019

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

there is no loving way this isn't a troll

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

The idea that Rexzilla and his crew murder any unaffiliated solo players on their drop zone so that they can play highly scripted fight scenarios unmolested is something I think about often.

Is that something that's already in some movie? Murdering people to take over their land to then have mock battles on it? I mean you could say America, or probably lots of other places, but I feel like this is something that would come up more directly in fiction.

E: I think in Destiny the multiplayer maps being set in hostile areas is justified in fiction by saying that the main PvP coach Guardian wants his students to spar in places close to where they'll really be fighting, so he sends swarms of redshirt robots to secure a perimeter in which CTF or Team Deathmatches can occur. This even happens for maps set on the giant trans-dimensional alien space fortress of doom.

I'd argue that the idea of wiping out a bunch of people who were hanging out in an area before you got there, more or less minding their own business, then planting a flag so you can playact "important leader of men" is pretty much all of human history.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It's an idea that existed in Shadowrun related to “Urban Combat” — a sport league where two teams have a capture-the-flag-style street war. The general lore stated that, while this obviously tended to get the neighbourhood shot up and exploded the UC leage and the corporate sponsors would pay for repairs and renovations and having your block selected as a battleground was often welcome because you got a free hotel stay during the battle and free renovation afterwards. And if you didn't agree to those terms, your apartment was obviously uninhabited and no-one should ask any questions of the no-name squatter found dead in a sewer two weeks later…

…also, doesn't something similar come up in Running Man, or were those just accidental previous winners they found piled murdered in some part of the arena?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tippis posted:

…also, doesn't something similar come up in Running Man, or were those just accidental previous winners they found piled murdered in some part of the arena?

Yeah no one wins Running Man, the 'winners' just get shot later.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

"Don't you see, she must be wrong. For if she was right about Everquest Next ...

... then what hope have we?"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Baxta posted:

THAT Kazan is losing his mind

Lmao at the idea that anybody would license anything CIG produces

Just absolutely loving lmao

Anything CIG makes is worth negative money. You'd have to pay me to try to develop on top of their "engine" (they don't have an engine, they bought Crytek because they can't make an engine themselves)

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Dynastocles posted:

"Don't you see, she must be wrong. For if she was right about Everquest Next ...

My first response was going to be that he saw it was a "she" and immediately assumed she was some community manager or bit of fluff that knew nothing about the actual development of the game. But, Commandos are good people I'm being overly cynical I guess :airquote:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

gently caress Lethality holy poo poo

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Today I learned 38 Studios who got all that NJ taxpayer money for their wannabe MMO that ended up being singleplayer was originally named GreenMonsterGames and had "How cool would it be if..." practically embedded in the logo.

lol

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Asmodai_00 posted:

I think you underestimate the idiocy of some citizens

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

Asmodai_00 posted:

Nah, s1rmunchalot seems legitimately mentally disturbed in some way. You can check out his history if you are so inclined, he can generate essays on pretty much any obscure star citizen topic.

Dynastocles posted:

In keeping with the mentality of the commandos, I imagine that the main issue is that she's a woman. She's only been a senior level producer for over a decade, what could she possibly know?!

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

I(totally)ANAL, but that sounds like a piss-poor defense.

Excuse me your honor, we were only caught by Crytek because of that boo boo meanie, Derek Smart. I rest my case.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm choosing to be furious about the Blizzard launcher. Nobody seems upset with that at the moment, so that's my fresh new niche for saying relevant. Eat poo poo with your reasonably functional game launcher, Blizzard, you loving hacks.

Nothing makes me rage more than whatever Blizzard is doing. I was upset because of what they pulled with Diablo and never got over them for it and their great assembly of games. Hacks.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

GTA 5 also has a great launcher, it's a real good feeling loading up Steam to launch a launcher, it completes me

Go for like FFXV where it also has a launcher inside the game itself. I feel like the joy of launchers needs to be a thorough experience.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pixelate posted:

3.6 has hit comedy video stage on the sub

https://youtu.be/6N45FYO-iRE

Super hyped to know that despite taking a break, poo poo has only gotten worse for my favorite video game. :sureboat:

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Why isn't the head casting a shadow?

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

I'm pretty sure this a nod to the Big Lebowski, these people are trolling us.

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!
When a prospective investor mentions a possible buyout:

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

JugbandDude posted:

I(totally)ANAL, but that sounds like a piss-poor defense.

Excuse me your honor, we were only caught by Crytek because of that boo boo meanie, Derek Smart. I rest my case.

It's almost literally "We would have got away with it but for the meddling journalist, your honor".

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:reddit: posted:

why do you starcitizen_refunds people always go to the "they must be crazy/delusional/etc" routine. you do relize thats a personal attack and harassment.... which breaks reddits tos...

stay on subject.

provide citation and sources.

I have linked your harassment. I can link more.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

boviscopophobic posted:

The head is made of dreams

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

What is a shadow anyway?!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Agony Aunt posted:

gently caress that guy! And gently caress pineapple!

I'm pretty sure that pineapple contains enzymes that help break down the proteins in meat, so you definitely do not want your more intimate bodyparts exposed to pineapple. Don't have sex with pineapple, kids (or aunts, for that matter).

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
WITNESS ME!

https://twitter.com/badnewsbaron/status/1156245080962949128

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

I'm the twitch reddit post on twitter.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

taking marketing advice from this guy seems like a really poor idea for your streaming career.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

taking marketing advice from this guy seems like a really poor idea for your streaming career.

How about his streaming advice for my marketing career?

Also, Neverwinter is legit bonkers. Just report him for harrassment and move on. You're attempting to rationalize someone in the middle of a quarter life crisis at very least.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wasn't he just whining a short while ago that he was going to have to get a real job because no one watches him play store citizen but if he streams something else they all get mad and unfollow him?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Been a while since we had a good spaceship commercial! They never did end up making the Retaliator commercial that was an actual honest to god stretch goal. But check it out, $140 spacetruck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUseGGO_vXc

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Well that looks like it's worth the equivalent to a couple of AAA games.

You can own Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War (Boy! Edition) or Chris Roberts's, Star Citizen's, Anvil's Ballista internet space ground missile truck.*

Toot toot trucking buddies!

* Game not included

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Kosumo posted:

Well that looks like it's worth the equivalent to a couple of AAA games.

You can own Red Dead Redemption 2 and God of War (Boy! Edition) or Chris Roberts's, Star Citizen's, Anvil's Ballista internet space ground missile truck.*

Toot toot trucking buddies!

* Game not included

* Also truck, missiles, design, and ideas not included.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Not included: ability to smoke a cool cigar, ability to shoot down hostile ships, ability to fire missiles without exploding for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The whole loving problem with gaming (and other products) these days is the loving zealots.

People get behind a brand, identify with it, and behave like idiots.

You know Hitchikers right, where there is the quote about the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation marketing department being "A bunch of mindless jerks who were the first against the wall when the revolution came."

Yeah, i think Douglas Adams had his own issues with marketing departments even back in the 70s.