Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Something being free doesn't change the value of my time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is binary domain on bc? Buy that if you have any interest in gears 4 cause its basically the same but not boring

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

TheScott2K posted:

Beats most months. Forza 6 is delisting soon so I figured it would be an August or September GwG.

Forza 6 turns 4 years old (seems to be the delist age for forza games) on September 16th.

It'll be on gwg from August 15th to Sept 15th.

And gears 4 is also on gamepass anyway.

Well the Xbox 360 offerings are pretty good and you get to keep those.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I mean, 6 is, unlike 5, a fully-fledged Forza Motorsport and 7 introduced a bunch of bullshit. Beats the hell out of some Unity sidescroller that was already on GamePass anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Looking forward to this fall, Gamepass really won't get good until then.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I have no idea how Torchlight has aged since I haven't played it since release but at the time it was a great game that stood out because it was pretty much the only game in its genre that was structured like Diablo 1, not Diablo 2

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I said come in! posted:

Looking forward to this fall, Gamepass really won't get good until then.

I've been enjoying it so far, whats coming in the fall? I think thats when MCC is released, but is there something else?

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Outer Worlds, I imagine?

It's been worth it for me so far, with just Outer Wilds and My Time at Portia.

Then I freed up some space and now I'm working on the Microsoft Reward point quests which are kind of fun and throwing me into games I generally wouldn't play much to get one or two achievements. I hope they do more of those in August.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I've been enjoying it so far, whats coming in the fall? I think thats when MCC is released, but is there something else?

Outer Worlds, Gears 5, Halo Reach, lots of Indie games that all look good, and next year is Halo Infinite.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They called it halo infinite cause you play it once and never try a halo again

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I said come in! posted:

Outer Worlds, Gears 5, Halo Reach, lots of Indie games that all look good, and next year is Halo Infinite.

Oh yea I forgot Outer Worlds is going to be on XBGP.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Oh word? I’m not sure if I’ll be hooked by it so that’s rad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Binary Domain is like the weirdest game I see goons hyping other than its surprisingly good destruction effects on mook enemies.

Gears 4 at least has a couple of interesting level ideas at the start even if it slides to poo poo

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Oh yea I forgot Outer Worlds is going to be on XBGP.

Really glad it’ll be on Xbox app on windows, no epic store necessary.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I said come in! posted:

Really glad it’ll be on Xbox app on windows, no epic store necessary.

That made me real happy. I have just been getting the free stuff from Epic, and it keeps installing Fortnite on me!

yung lambic
Dec 16, 2011

Veib posted:

I have no idea how Torchlight has aged since I haven't played it since release but at the time it was a great game that stood out because it was pretty much the only game in its genre that was structured like Diablo 1, not Diablo 2

With access to Path of Exile on the bone I'm not sure why you'd bother...

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Beastie posted:

Oh word? I’m not sure if I’ll be hooked by it so that’s rad.

Word up.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Lookin to plunk down on a xbone, and seeing that Path of Exile and Warframe was on it was interesting. What other MMO / Games as a Service type things are on the bone? I know PSO 2 is coming to it and pc next year ( which is like an ether dream come true ) and like Elder Scrolls online is a thing.... anything else?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Black desert might still be exclusive
The only one thats not on bone is ffxiv

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
Surprised to see BDO on Xbone. Same with Path of Exile. Also im annoyed at stuff like Diablo 3 and Path of Exile getting console ports but having Zero controller support on pc. Im guessing they pretty much remade stuff for the console ports but still a major draw for me to play them on console is the more relaxed nature of playing it with a controller instead of wrecking my wrist with carpal tunnel trying to play a loot game.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Just a reminder that F2P games on bone still require you to be subbed to XBL Gold. On PS4 this is a bit weird, if a game is truly F2P OR requires a paid sub like FF14, you don’t need PS+, however you do need PS+ if the game client has a core price (e.g. TESO).

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

yung lambic posted:

With access to Path of Exile on the bone I'm not sure why you'd bother...

Exile is Diablo 2. Torchlight is Diablo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Talkc posted:

Surprised to see BDO on Xbone. Same with Path of Exile. Also im annoyed at stuff like Diablo 3 and Path of Exile getting console ports but having Zero controller support on pc. Im guessing they pretty much remade stuff for the console ports but still a major draw for me to play them on console is the more relaxed nature of playing it with a controller instead of wrecking my wrist with carpal tunnel trying to play a loot game.

Controller support on PC is something a lot of people have requested. Blizzard has stopped support for Diablo 3 outright though. Development is on their mobile Diablo 3 game for the Chinese market. Unfortunately the Diablo franchise consists of Blizzard employees that couldn't cut it on the more fast paced and demanding roles of their other games. It's their B-team that is just good enough to not be fired from the company, but couldn't make it working on new content for World of Warcraft or Overwatch. So Diablo IV will probably be a trash fire.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Diablo 3 is significantly better on consoles versus PC, if you have a console just play it there.

there are a bunch of other f2p multiplayer games too, but as far as traditional mmorpgs go yeah thats basically it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have an original bone. I haven't used it in 2+ years. I was considering pulling it out and plugging it in but then I remembered how horribly slow it was. I am wondering if it becomes usable with a SSD? Is it as easy to swap as a PS4? Or will I have to do extra stuff to get it going? Is it even worth it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think they've found a way to speed it up a bit in the last two years. It's still kind of slow, but it isn't "wait seven seconds to switch to another page" slow.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xb1 only accepts external drives iirc, the internal is inside the warranty enclosure but newer models may have changed this

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I have an original bone. I haven't used it in 2+ years. I was considering pulling it out and plugging it in but then I remembered how horribly slow it was. I am wondering if it becomes usable with a SSD? Is it as easy to swap as a PS4? Or will I have to do extra stuff to get it going? Is it even worth it?

They're apparently redoing the dashboard again soon, maybe this time it'll help.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!

univbee posted:

Just a reminder that F2P games on bone still require you to be subbed to XBL Gold. On PS4 this is a bit weird, if a game is truly F2P OR requires a paid sub like FF14, you don’t need PS+, however you do need PS+ if the game client has a core price (e.g. TESO).

Yeah i plan to use Gold, and the game pass as well. I have plans to use the console quite extensively was just wondering what the state of games like that was.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Is Flight Sim going to be on Gamepass next year?

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
It was mentioned explicitly in the announcement video I thought.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Pretty sure all first party Microsoft games are on Gamepass at launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie posted:

Is Flight Sim going to be on Gamepass next year?

Yep! This will probably be the sim that makes me just drop the money for a VR headset.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Yep! This will probably be the sim that makes me just drop the money for a VR headset.

Have they even mentioned VR with it?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Have they even mentioned VR with it?

It would be criminal if the PC version didn’t have VR support. I am assuming it will.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wouldn't assume anything. It's going to be an xbox game first and a PC game second.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

For those of you who don’t know:

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2019/jul/24/head-in-the-clouds-the-return-of-microsoft-flight-simulator

Geo data for the game is two petabytes and relies entirely on the cloud. I’m all for it. Can’t imagine a scenario where I’d want to log hours in a log cabin.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beastie posted:

For those of you who don’t know:

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2019/jul/24/head-in-the-clouds-the-return-of-microsoft-flight-simulator

Geo data for the game is two petabytes and relies entirely on the cloud. I’m all for it. Can’t imagine a scenario where I’d want to log hours in a log cabin.

It's going to be a games as a service with streaming, in other words.... whoops. :/

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ok, so I just straight up won't be able to play for more than a couple hours without running into my data limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Waltzing Along posted:

It becomes much more responsive with an SSD, but still doesn't feel particularly fast. You will have to do extra stuff to get it working (run a script to partition the drive, download the Xbox OS to a thumb drive and install it) and the disassembly process is a lot more involved than with PS4.

It's not hard, if you've opened up electronics before you'll be fine. Also, the Xbox only supports 500 GB/1 TB/2 TB partition sizes.