Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

For something that existed for like 2 years tops, the BWO sure gets a lot of play.

They were like the only parody type of humor in 90s wrestling based on another company’s idea that worked and got over without being super embarrassing pot shots like Vince and Bischoffs snipes at each other with the JR parody and the old man hogan sketches etc. BWO was over as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
What ECW I've seen they were actually booked pretty well, like a legit stable that was also a spoof on something else. Like they were comedy but they weren't completely disposable.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Bring back Gilberg

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just learned now that Gillberg was the light heavyweight champion for 15 months, the longest reign in the history of that title

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

I just learned now that Gillberg was the light heavyweight champion for 15 months, the longest reign in the history of that title

I mean there's a very good chance that the WWF/E literally forgot that title existed for those 15 months.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Aesop Poprock posted:

After Hogan’s run in the 80s, I wonder who had the next longest championship reign after that. Brock, I’m guessing?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Demolition's first tag reign was 478 days.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

After Hogan’s run in the 80s, I wonder who had the next longest championship reign after that. Brock, I’m guessing?

Bruno's second run with the belt, then Morales. Backlund's early run(s) as well, but the timeline on those is a bit of a clusterfuck (that was the period where the title would be "held up"/"vacant" thanks to a gently caress finish and Backlund would win the rematch, and WWE is super inconsistent on whether that counts as one uninterrupted reign or a bunch of stop-and-starts).

All this also disregards Moolah's what, thirty years with the belt?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

oldskool posted:

Bruno's second run with the belt, then Morales. Backlund's early run(s) as well, but the timeline on those is a bit of a clusterfuck (that was the period where the title would be "held up"/"vacant" thanks to a gently caress finish and Backlund would win the rematch, and WWE is super inconsistent on whether that counts as one uninterrupted reign or a bunch of stop-and-starts).

Oh yeah, I know that the older champs held titles for longer than Hogan, I’m just thinking after his 80s run, I don’t know if anyone who held a championship for 2+ years but there may be someone I’m not thinking of.

Davros1 posted:

Demolition's first tag reign was 478 days.

That I did not know.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

oldskool posted:

He means longest reign after Hogan in a time sense. Like who had the longest reign with a belt post-1988.

If you include the Universal championship it’s Brock at 503 days.

Going beyond main belts - Luger had the US Championship for a 523 day run in 89/90. I didn’t check Mexican or Japanese belts which have a history of super long runs, this is US only.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Okada had the IWGP for 720 days

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So is anyone running Fire Pro having trouble with custom entrance music now? I'm getting utter silence from my customs' entrances, and while the tracks show up in the Skills menu (and they're there on my computer, I can play them with Windows Media, etc.), if I select them the preview is just the default song.

Maybe implementing Easy Themes will fix it? I've got so many edits I sometimes forget what music I want them to have.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

So is anyone running Fire Pro having trouble with custom entrance music now? I'm getting utter silence from my customs' entrances, and while the tracks show up in the Skills menu (and they're there on my computer, I can play them with Windows Media, etc.), if I select them the preview is just the default song.

Maybe implementing Easy Themes will fix it? I've got so many edits I sometimes forget what music I want them to have.

I haven't seen any reports from anyone else about custom entrance music not working. Easy Themes may or may not fix it. Did this just happen out of the blue or did it happen after the game updated?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Takuan posted:

I haven't seen any reports from anyone else about custom entrance music not working. Easy Themes may or may not fix it. Did this just happen out of the blue or did it happen after the game updated?

After the latest update.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I dunno what to tell you. Give Easy Themes a shot, and see if it works. Personally, I think it's easier using Easy Themes rather than setting the themes on the characters themselves anyways.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually
Ok so wwe 2k20 is confirmed for a cover reveal this coming monday August 5th, usually the games come out in the first few weeks of October

Ok so if we assume early october as the release date that means we have approximately 8 weeks from the release of the cover till game launch, so week 1 is cover, gameplay footage and "more info" and week 3-7 will probably be roster, week 2 I would guess is special edition and preorder bonus with week 8 being early release so does anyone want to guess what the more info coming monday is? Even if we make it mid october which would have it inside historical standards we move early release to week 10 that would make week 8 DLC and week 9 as a hype week either way I like the idea of weekly info till release

Just as a note the Last 3 games came out october 13,11,5. 2k16 15 and 14 all came out last week of october

Brokenogre fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jul 31, 2019

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I remember last year they waited til only days before release to give out any info on Universe Mode.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I remember last year they waited til only days before release to give out any info on Universe Mode.

Yeah that's what happens when they add nothing to the mode, honestly that theoretical week 9 will probably be quality of life tweaks to existing modes, monday I'm expecting cover gameplay footage and POSSIBLY the announcement of a new mode or match type (thinking war games is best bet here but it will be forced to only one arena) maybe the announcement of 40 and 50 man rumbles, and more likely than anything else is the announcement of showcass mode for this year

That being said I will hope in vain for a GM mode cuz that is something my fiancee has been enjoying in the old smackdown games recently

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Brokenogre posted:

Yeah that's what happens when they add nothing to the mode, honestly that theoretical week 9 will probably be quality of life tweaks to existing modes, monday I'm expecting cover gameplay footage and POSSIBLY the announcement of a new mode or match type (thinking war games is best bet here but it will be forced to only one arena) maybe the announcement of 40 and 50 man rumbles, and more likely than anything else is the announcement of showcass mode for this year

That being said I will hope in vain for a GM mode cuz that is something my fiancee has been enjoying in the old smackdown games recently

I'm hoping for the announcement of a brand new mode that no one gives a poo poo about (like last year's Tower Mode)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

*hold envelope up to head* its gonna be crap

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I'm hoping for the announcement of a brand new mode that no one gives a poo poo about (like last year's Tower Mode)

Are you kidding that would be a week one announcement, I think the tower mode was announced at the same time as the cover last year cuz they announced the million dollar challenge with the announcement of AJ for the cover star, the other thing you have to remember is last year they started the info dump in mid to late june for an early october release, we will be getting big info dumps every week I think with the only exception being the week we get special edition and preorder bonus info even if they go late october so let's assume 13 weeks we already know week 1 is cover and gameplay trailers at the minimum and we know 4 weeks will go to a roster reveal and 1 week to DLC then assume the 13th week will be early release again and you have just about half of your time taken

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people need to stop hoping these 2K games will ever be good. every year they get more unfun and bogged down with endlessly and needlessly complex simulation bullshit. I can't even kick out of a loving pin in the latest one without some loving hair trigger puzzle or do a submission without a rubik's cube appearing onscreen. The best we can hope for is if the nerds in AEW search out somebody to just recreate No Mercy with their roster because that's still imo the best wrestling game.

WWE 2k14 might actually be my second favorite since it had a lot of fun poo poo but had not yet been transformed into a complete mess of bullshit systems and micromanagement. It was also the last game that really allowed for me to put custom mp3 music for entrances since it was on PS3.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The 2K games are now only good for whatever insane physics glitches nL discovers in the first hour of gameplay and that's basically it. At this point even story creator coming back wouldn't really matter because the core gameplay just isn't that fun.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

I don't think Brokenogre and I ever talked about the possibility of 2K20 being good, just speculating what would be on it. poo poo, I can't even play it if I wanted, as I'm still using a PS3.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

DLC Inc posted:

people need to stop hoping these 2K games will ever be good. every year they get more unfun and bogged down with endlessly and needlessly complex simulation bullshit. I can't even kick out of a loving pin in the latest one without some loving hair trigger puzzle or do a submission without a rubik's cube appearing onscreen. The best we can hope for is if the nerds in AEW search out somebody to just recreate No Mercy with their roster because that's still imo the best wrestling game.

WWE 2k14 might actually be my second favorite since it had a lot of fun poo poo but had not yet been transformed into a complete mess of bullshit systems and micromanagement. It was also the last game that really allowed for me to put custom mp3 music for entrances since it was on PS3.

Pretty much. They've hosed up PINS and submissions in a wrestling game. Every year is just another random dumbass replacement system that's stupid. 2k14 was definitely the apex of the series, I still pop that one back in.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Tato posted:

Pretty much. They've hosed up PINS and submissions in a wrestling game. Every year is just another random dumbass replacement system that's stupid. 2k14 was definitely the apex of the series, I still pop that one back in.

And the Legends roster on that was drat near perfect.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought 2k19 was decent and im usually a harsh critic for yukes' games.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Tato posted:

I wish i hadn't killed my 2k14 save. Its not a great game but it pretty much the last one I really had fun with for an extended period of time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Angry_Ed posted:

The 2K games are now only good for whatever insane physics glitches nL discovers in the first hour of gameplay and that's basically it.

Speaking of, are they doing a Royal Rumble marathon charity stream this year?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Speaking of, are they doing a Royal Rumble marathon charity stream this year?

They said they aren't mostly due to the time commitment involved, but I think they still plan to do something for Fighting Back like they always do. It just won't be the 30 Rumbles.

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Davros1 posted:

I don't think Brokenogre and I ever talked about the possibility of 2K20 being good, just speculating what would be on it. poo poo, I can't even play it if I wanted, as I'm still using a PS3.

Yeah I never predicted it will be good I'm just taking guesses at when things will be announced, im a sucker so im gonna buy it just like I buy every other wrestling game that comes to market, I'll pick it up on PC and that will be that I'll still probably go to fire pro as my main game for now, that being said I still like seeing what minor changes they make while still trying to be grounded in realism. Like I would love to see them go back to the breaking point submission system, dont expect it to happen though

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Dunno if anyone will care but here's a side by side of the pic 2k released today of brock and a pic from 2k19 brock I'm assuming that they tweaked the new pic a bit but if you want a side by side here ya go

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

not nearly enough farmer gut

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

jesus WEP posted:

not nearly enough farmer gut

There never is hhh and brock year after year look like they have >1% body fat

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i wonder if they’ll accurately render HHH’s little baby calves

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

i wonder if they’ll accurately render HHH’s little baby calves

The game's going to be fixed so you can't see HHH from the waist down.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Angry_Ed posted:

They said they aren't mostly due to the time commitment involved, but I think they still plan to do something for Fighting Back like they always do. It just won't be the 30 Rumbles.

I hope it's Misawa vs. Ruska 2.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I wish they'd make one of his alternate outfits Purple Brock.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Angry_Ed posted:

The 2K games are now only good for whatever insane physics glitches nL discovers in the first hour of gameplay and that's basically it. At this point even story creator coming back wouldn't really matter because the core gameplay just isn't that fun.

nL does a better job of selling 2k games than 2k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
2k19 allows me to make a 100-attribute 7 foot 5 man and have him beat TJP senseless with a chair

I don't know, that's kind of great