Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Johnny Aztec posted:

God is God.
Jesus is also God.

And theres just like...a ghost that is also God, or God-Adjacent?

He prefers to be called Eugene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Johnny Aztec posted:

God is God.
Jesus is also God.

Now realize that tens of thousands of people have been killed as a direct result of arguments over this point.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Alignment arguments never change.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Now realize that tens of thousands of people have been killed as a direct result of arguments over this point.

Tens of thousands of people have been killed over which edition of the book you're supposed to be following.

Edition war never changes.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Robviously posted:

Tens of thousands of people have been killed over which edition of the book you're supposed to be following.

Fandoms really do ruin everything.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Robviously posted:

Don't forget the ones because of some people using different forks from the same core system.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Robviously posted:

Textbooks really are a racket.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Robviously posted:

Remember when that one grognard got mad about players not being allowed to read the DMG for themselves and put up a bitchy post on the front of his FLGS?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Who What Now posted:

Remember when that one grognard got mad about players not being allowed to read the DMG for themselves and put up a bitchy post on the front of his FLGS?

THREAD my dm wouldn't let me look up giant insect stats in the DMG I am going to explain how this is a slap in the face to gamers everywhere #protest #ants (1/95)

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'd handle this by being open with my players. I'd explain they could trust that I wasn't ever fudging anything except to facilitate more entertainment for my players and that part of what I was trying to achieve meant I'd concluded that keeping some information concealed will significantly increase the tension.

Then if they still complained I'd let them see the friggin bug.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Parahexavoctal posted:

That's an extremely low estimate

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Johnny Aztec posted:

God is God.
Jesus is also God.

If you kill God then you have to fight His Holy Spirit.
Duh, this is a easy stuff.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

I'm curious if Loki's going to try and negotiate some kind of more permanent end to the stand-off. The original bet was made in the context of a world that was going to disappear sooner or later. Now Loki wants to keep this world around forever, and even excepting Hel's spiteful attitude in general, it seems like there could be definite negative long-term consequences of a major goddess slowly being depowered and going crazy because she's not getting enough worship.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

:alarm: New comic!

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1173.html

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Of course.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Couldn't one of the vampires just take one for the team and cast mend?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is this the first time we’ve seen the “UNZOT” sound effect? Because I really appreciate it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I like the attention to detail on the hole -- the orange barrier was drawn in it so grognards won't complain about the characters not casting spells through it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
That vampire's fast healing is really slow

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Couldn't one of the vampires just take one for the team and cast mend?

"http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mending.htm" posted:

Target: One object of up to 1 lb.
Mending repairs small breaks or tears in objects (but not warps, such as might be caused by a warp wood spell).

The weight limit actually is inconsistent with Elan fixing the balloon with it but meh, even ignoring that it's not eligible

EDIT: actually, they should be able to case Make Whole if they have any 2nd level spell slots left.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Aug 1, 2019

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

^^^ That balloon was lighter than air!!!

If he was going to dramatically break the table knowing it would turn him to stone why not cast the second level spell "Warp Wood"?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

If he was going to dramatically break the table knowing it would turn him to stone why not cast the second level spell "Warp Wood"?

It's a druid spell.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nothingtoseehere posted:

It's a druid spell.

Oh poo poo! Don't tell my DM from 12 years ago. My cleric totally hosed them over with that spell.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i appreciate the rule specifying that the table must be fashioned from the corpse of a dead tree

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Someone could probably make a case that "unbroken" can mean "must never previously have been broken even if it then got Made Whole again".

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ok fair play to burlew this is a v. good way for durkon to win

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

also no self-respecting vampire bent on the destruction of all things is going to prepare a spell called "make whole", let's be real

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nothingtoseehere posted:

The weight limit actually is inconsistent with Elan fixing the balloon with it but meh, even ignoring that it's not eligible

EDIT: actually, they should be able to case Make Whole if they have any 2nd level spell slots left.

I'm sure one of them has that prepared

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

At least the way the rules were described in comic, the rules only prevent casting spells on creatures, not objects.

No one has to take one for the team to fix the table, assuming Make Whole counts. If it does, this is a pretty dangerous gambit on behalf of Durkon.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Are we gonna have the talk about what's good for the story vs. what's the theoretical mechanically optimal move again?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Taerkar posted:

I'm sure one of them has that prepared

I'm sure you'll be disappointed.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My Lovely Horse posted:

Someone could probably make a case that "unbroken" can mean "must never previously have been broken even if it then got Made Whole again".

I like this. The table will always have been broken.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I can see this rule was no doubt introduced when King Krull Bronzehammer* would would regularly veto motions put to him by other council members by taking out his Axe, split the table in two and yell “By my Axe I rule!”

*= Bronzehammer may have been his name. But his mother’s maiden name was Bronzeaxe.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

My Lovely Horse posted:

Are we gonna have the talk about what's good for the story vs. what's the theoretical mechanically optimal move again?

I stand by my pedantry. Normally it wouldn't be reasonable, but the scene of the comic is actually about following rules and laws and poo poo.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
I mean the meeting been adjourned so it doesn't even matter if the vampires try to fix it. They'd have to reset everything and I don't think there will be whatever agreement to do so

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Even if table is repaired, this meeting has already ended. The next requires the formal invitation and calls, which requires a specific administration to handle. They ain't here right now though.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Plus, clerics aren't spontaneous casters. They have to prepare spells that aren't Cure <X> Wounds. It's perfectly plausible that none of them used their limited spell slots to prepare a spell meant for repairing large objects.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

lurksion posted:

I mean the meeting been adjourned so it doesn't even matter if the vampires try to fix it. They'd have to reset everything and I don't think there will be whatever agreement to do so

Plus, every single hat is out of the bag as of the vampire's deliberate nose-rubbing evil speech. He calls one of the voters "minion" outright. Now that the meeting's been adjourned, they ostensibly aren't shackled by its conventions anymore.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

So since the meeting is officially adjourned, Durkon gets to be unpetrify now right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Brainamp posted:

So since the meeting is officially adjourned, Durkon gets to be unpetrify now right?

Suspended.