Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
can massrafter or someone please get us a picture of Kathy Gagne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Drew McIntyre posted:

can massrafter or someone please get us a picture of Kathy Gagne

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
October 1945 - Dusty Rhodes is born
August 1953 - Hulk Hogan is born

1967 - Dusty Rhodes has his first match in Boston (Hogan is 14)
1970 - Dusty starts wrestling in Florida, where Hogan might have seen him (Hogan is 17)
1974 - Dusty Rhodes turns face, which is the version of Dusty that Hogan always speaks of as a huge inspiration (Hogan is 21)
1976 - Superstar Billy Graham debuts in Florida (Hogan is 23)

For some reason this is my favorite lie that Hogan constantly tells, and has been telling since the 1990s, in what I assume is a deliberate attempt to sound younger than he actually is. He's elaborated as time passes, but Hogan is only eight years younger than Dusty, and five years younger than Flair, but he always goes on about how much he liked them "growing up". As he elaborates in books and interviews about a meek little kid sneaking around the Armory in Tampa, realizing that maybe wrestling isn't real, begging his parents to let him watch CWF on TV, etc. it's actually kind of great to imagine all of this except the Hulkster is actually in his early 20s and looks like this

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Obviously Bix has a picture of her

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'd have married her and become AWA champion, personally

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Edge & Christian posted:

As he elaborates in books and interviews about a meek little kid sneaking around the Armory in Tampa, realizing that maybe wrestling isn't real, begging his parents to let him watch CWF on TV, etc. it's actually kind of great to imagine all of this except the Hulkster is actually in his early 20s and looks like this

I refuse to accept this as anything other than canon.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

If the $100k offer to break his legs still stands then I'm putting in some vacation time. If anyone asks then I was with y'all all week.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
That performance center statement is interesting

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Edge & Christian posted:

For some reason this is my favorite lie that Hogan constantly tells, and has been telling since the 1990s, in what I assume is a deliberate attempt to sound younger than he actually is. He's elaborated as time passes, but Hogan is only eight years younger than Dusty, and five years younger than Flair, but he always goes on about how much he liked them "growing up". As he elaborates in books and interviews about a meek little kid sneaking around the Armory in Tampa, realizing that maybe wrestling isn't real, begging his parents to let him watch CWF on TV, etc. it's actually kind of great to imagine all of this except the Hulkster is actually in his early 20s and looks like this

Maybe he's trying to convince us he is real dumb?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

At least you're not one of the poor bastards who decided to take shots at David Simon on twitter recently, which has been a loving goldmine of people getting dunked on :allears:

who would dunk on David Simon, havent they seen The Wire

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I love chubby cheeked Hulk Hogan. I can't imagine how a clean cut guy like that got mixed up with Metallica and almost became their guitarist.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

who would dunk on David Simon, havent they seen The Wire

I poo poo you not, this all kicked off because David Simon was defending Baltimore and somebody told him that if he wanted to see what Baltimore was really like he should watch The Wire. David Simon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheCool69 posted:

Wasnt this also mentioned on Hogans WWE book. I somehow remember Hulkamatt talking about this

It is!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Jerusalem posted:

I poo poo you not, this all kicked off because David Simon was defending Baltimore and somebody told him that if he wanted to see what Baltimore was really like he should watch The Wire. David Simon.

Ahahahahahahaha

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Please tell me there’s a link to that dude getting dunked on somewhere

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aesop Poprock posted:

Please tell me there’s a link to that dude getting dunked on somewhere

Davd Simon has spent the last few days just loving WRECKING people and it's been pretty incredible to watch.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

did he also tell Simon to read Homicide: A Year on the Killing Streets

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh you're upset about hurricane relief, Mr. Simon? Maybe you should educate yourself by watching a show called Treme :smugbert:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Ol stone cold is on shark week with Rob riggle right now. I guess that's kinda like a podcast. He claimed he smells beer like a shark smells blood.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Bryan: I can do anything I want!
Tom: You can't win a match.
Dead air.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tato posted:

I love chubby cheeked Hulk Hogan. I can't imagine how a clean cut guy like that got mixed up with Metallica and almost became their guitarist.
I think members of Metallica have said that story is full of poo poo too, unsurprisingly

The reason why being he said that he was a musician as a younger guy and auditioned for Metallica and Rolling Stones, which would've been after he was already the face of Wrestlemania

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

No WOR or newsletter this morning god loving dammit what am I supposed to do over coffee break, talk to people?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

I think members of Metallica have said that story is full of poo poo too, unsurprisingly

The reason why being he said that he was a musician as a younger guy and auditioned for Metallica and Rolling Stones, which would've been after he was already the face of Wrestlemania

He's also told a story on a podcast (Jericho's I think) where he claimed it was when he was already somewhat famous as a wrestler and Jerry Hall asked him to sign some merchandise for her kids and he "joked" that if the Rolling Stones were ever looking for a guitarist he'd be happy to fill in.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

jesus WEP posted:

No WOR or newsletter this morning god loving dammit what am I supposed to do over coffee break, talk to people?

WOR is up.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Thank you friend :)

B: “Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt”
D: “The Fiend! The Fiend!”
B: “Please. Don’t even say that word”

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Thank you friend :)

B: “Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt”
B: “Please. Don’t even say that word”

I haven't listened to WOR yet, but Dave tells Bryan about THE FIEND too? I was cracking up when Tom recapped the Smackdown segment the way he did after Bryan complained about the moniker.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Even if Simon wasn't literally the creator of The Wire, pointing to decade-old works of fiction - even highly realistic ones - as evidence is dubious, at best.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Dave and Bryan discussing the Ziggler SummerSlam match is great. This episode has been strong so far.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Punch McLightning posted:

Dave and Bryan discussing the Ziggler SummerSlam match is great. This episode has been strong so far.

Dave dunking on Brad Shepard was great

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Without even mentioning the stupid rear end in a top hat’s name :xd:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Even if Simon wasn't literally the creator of The Wire, pointing to decade-old works of fiction - even highly realistic ones - as evidence is dubious, at best.

Simon also used to be a crime beat reporter in Baltimore, I believe

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Simon also used to be a crime beat reporter in Baltimore, I believe
Yes, Simon was an excellent journalist with a very good view of the streets of Baltimore, which led to very authentic, realistic fictional TV shows.

To be clear: I am making GBS threads on the guy using a fictional TV show that ended over a decade ago as evidence of how Baltimore currently is, not David Simon or the show. A lot can change in a decade.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
David Simon was a crime reporter who then wrote Homicide: A Life on the Killing Streets which in turn lead to Homicide: Life on the Street and the now rather obscure miniseries The Corner which is the proto-Wire.

In conclusion David Simon created Detective Munch solid 10 out of 10.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone who wants a realistic portrayal of Baltimore should be watching John Waters movies instead of David Simon

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

didn't hulk hogan specifically say that metallica asked him to replace Cliff Burton after he died in the bus accident

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Was Munch ever in the Wire?

Was Munch ever in wrestling?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

munch was a main character yes

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

quote:

Hulk Hogan says when he attended Raw 15th anniversary, he got heat because he forgot to say hello to CM Punk.

big heat on the hulkster!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

Was Munch ever in the Wire?

Was Munch ever in wrestling?

Munch showed up in the background once on the Wire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Dave is on WOL right now talking about Harley