Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Pepper had sep anxiety when we got her and would hooooowwwwl (in flat, not great). Big heffing Kong, with kibble and frozen filling was our answer, along with a treat dispensing rolley ball. The rolley ball now comes out occasionally but the kong reins supreme. It helped that we were in a position to gradually lengthen time away over 4 weeks

Also, we have different size Kong's which she recognizes. Small Kong, short time away. Big Kong, were gone for the day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

dogs rule

thanks that's all

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Friday was the 1 year anniversary of adopting Gulliver. Still some issues, but he's getting better. I went to 5 Guys and got him a hamburger all his own to mark the occasion. Afterward he stalked around, sad that there wasn't another one forthcoming. Yes, nose was booped.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Give Gulliver ear scritches for me, and also whatever else he wants :3:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Kedah very much enjoys her occasional lettuce wrapped double burger with no cheese. She loves ripping the lettuce into tiny strips befor eating it after gobbling the patties

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

colachute posted:

dogs rule

thanks that's all

Yes

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

https://mymodernmet.com/2019-dog-photos-of-the-year-winners/?fbclid=IwAR3bmnz7JR_PSS9MO48XVF_gCu0Tyjrf-TN5_u0x511Hj1HK569VUEgNyV4

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I just had a pittie and a rottie run up to me with tails wagging, wanting a quick sniff and some ear scritches ☺️☺️

Dogs really are the best :kimchi:

In case you don’t follow WeRateDogs on whatever platform you waste time on, here’s a really good post from them on Instagram :3:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0hSQL1HUtA/?igshid=euvc2z6t0d0z

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

monty does this thing that's.. kinda rude if i'm being honest

but when we go for walks we will pass people in the hallway and lobby, he will sometimes sneak a quick lick of someone's hand as he passes by them.

like a doggie assassin, you just don't see it coming.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

colachute posted:

monty does this thing that's.. kinda rude if i'm being honest

but when we go for walks we will pass people in the hallway and lobby, he will sometimes sneak a quick lick of someone's hand as he passes by them.

like a doggie assassin, you just don't see it coming.

My friend has a husky who greets all women the same way, by sticking his nose in her crotch and giving it a good sniffing.

And for content have two annoyed but clean dogs:

...who were bought off with treats!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Took this guy to his first obedience class...

And Bear had a great time and I learned a lot. He also got to play with some new dogs at the end! Afterwards he was very tired.

Here he is practicing the ‘sit’ command...

And here he is getting his treat for his hard work...

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

El Jebus posted:

Took this guy to his first obedience class...

And Bear had a great time and I learned a lot. He also got to play with some new dogs at the end! Afterwards he was very tired.

Here he is practicing the ‘sit’ command...

And here he is getting his treat for his hard work...

:3:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

colachute posted:

dogs rule

thanks that's all
:agreed:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk I’ve met some bad dogs... Some call them “cats”

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Niuniu!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Found on Instagram

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

On my birthday Apollo proved that he's the best dog ever because he let me sleep in two whole hours, and only then requested a walk in the field. Which I gave him and I love how he will listen to me when I call "yoo-hoo, this way!" so we can avoid tangling ourselves in bushes.

Basically I love my dog so much

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Man, all these dogs are so good. We're all so lucky that we get to share the world with something so pure.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I encountered this strange bat-like creature and decided to give it gelato.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I swear, it looks like Luca is dropping down from the ceiling when you open the door.

Also hi Timzip! :3:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I swear, it looks like Luca is dropping down from the ceiling when you open the door.

That's because, unless my eyes fool me, Luca is opening the door.

Click Beelay
Oct 13, 2011

I understand that I'm still new to this whole dog parent life thing but sometimes I find myself watching her eat dinner or chasing her ball or whatever, just being a dog, and suddenly I'm hit by this almost overwhelming feeling of "wow, I love you so much, dog". I can't remember the last time I felt a feeling so strong about anything really. And this is nice.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I don’t think that feeling ever goes away. I love every goofy, weird, normal or whatever thing Lando does. It never gets old for me to think about how I get to share in my dog’s joy when he’s just doggin’ out or fully engrossed in a game of fetch/tug or snuggled up between my fiancée and I.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Click Beelay posted:

I understand that I'm still new to this whole dog parent life thing but sometimes I find myself watching her eat dinner or chasing her ball or whatever, just being a dog, and suddenly I'm hit by this almost overwhelming feeling of "wow, I love you so much, dog". I can't remember the last time I felt a feeling so strong about anything really. And this is nice.

Why would you put your pup in dog jail :cry:

only kidding, but that face omg

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Me: Let's go for a walk Bruce!

*5 mins later*

Bruce:

Every. drat. Time.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

howe_sam posted:

That's because, unless my eyes fool me, Luca is opening the door.

Correct :3: it's a dogmatic door!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I encountered this strange bat-like creature and decided to give it gelato.

That's the face of a dog who has seen heaven and can eat it!

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Fallen Rib

BigDave posted:

Me: Let's go for a walk Bruce!

*5 mins later*

Bruce:

Every. drat. Time.

Dunroamin xx

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Henry looking dopey but cute.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

really digging this page of doggos. allow me to contribute

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Sleepy morning on the couch.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ear scritches pls

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
Hey Pit Pat, it's bath ti--

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Shirley snuggling my grandma:

Shirley is the best dogtor in town, her methods may be unorthodox but she gets results drat it :unsmith:

e: more of Shirley being best

My grandma might be getting lost in the fog of dementia, but she still recognized me and would ask if I brought “the little white dog” with me every time I went down there :unsmith:

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Dogs are best dogtors. My proof is every time i feel lovely and use Kedah as a pillow i wake up feeling great.