Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

The latest Unauthorized Disclosure had the guest argue that Obama's mom was at least a CIA asset in Indonesia. Her work was funded USAID and other US soft power institutions. The interviewer acknowledged that right wingers have been the main proponents of this idea, but says the left should pay more attention to it.

Since I've got Epstein brain I of course 100% believe it.

do people really want to go down these kind of rabbit holes. even if she was what does it really matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think Trashfuture is my new favourite podcast. I listened to the ep with Joel Golby today and now I can't bust without watching Viva La Bam

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
The latest episode of Champaign Sharks really helped me put into words why I'm not as excited for new episodes like I used to be. In the beginning they would talk about the ideas of Fancis Fanon or CLR James, have on guests like Adolph Reed, or interview HBCU professors about their area of study.

Nowadays T and the rest of the gang mostly talk about pop culture or current events. Anyone else feel this way?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/normal_now/status/1156027023942283266

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Mr Hootington posted:

Episode 2 of trueanon wasn't very good, but the hosts descent into q like madness will be great.

A slow burn podcast.

I had to quit listening half way through the first episode because I could feel the epstein brain overtaking me.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

mila kunis posted:

do people really want to go down these kind of rabbit holes. even if she was what does it really matter

In the womb, Obama was bombarded by a mixture of high and low frequency succ rays in order to ensure that the CIA would escape prosecution for torturing a number of folks at a later date

Obama was a manchurian candidate but he was the US' own asset

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

IDONTPOST posted:

street fight radio.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Yadoppsi posted:

The latest episode of Champaign Sharks really helped me put into words why I'm not as excited for new episodes like I used to be. In the beginning they would talk about the ideas of Fancis Fanon or CLR James, have on guests like Adolph Reed, or interview HBCU professors about their area of study.

Nowadays T and the rest of the gang mostly talk about pop culture or current events. Anyone else feel this way?

I've only listened to two episodes. The Fanon episode was recommended to me and it was absolutely phenomenal, so I listened to a more recent episode and they spent a while talking about some black celebrity getting into trouble with a sponsor for supporting BDS and they just couldn't get why a black person would care about Palestine when black people have problems of their own, and the dissonance between the two episodes was mind boggling.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Why can you download some podcasts off soundcloud and others not? Is this an option that the hosts can choose to have or not?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
liking this nu mike duncan

https://twitter.com/mikeduncan/status/1156233740630315011?s=19

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

because he discovered weed and descartes like most people did when they were 16?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Percelus posted:

because he discovered weed and descartes like most people did when they were 16?

I dont think you quite understand the point of that tweet, hes making fun of the guy hes replying to

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Mike radicalizing himself through the immortal science of podcasting is beautiful to see

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

AnEdgelord posted:

I dont think you quite understand the point of that tweet, hes making fun of the guy hes replying to

ill be honest i didnt bother reading the op comment before posting but in my defense the stoner bewildered reply is p cliche and the much more appropriate cliche reply would have trotting sinclair's "It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!"

no one that writes for the federalist smoked weed i bet, they all wore suits to middle school and had those loving suitcase styled backpacks that rolled

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I had to quit listening half way through the first episode because I could feel the epstein brain overtaking me.

Just lol if u haven't had Epstein brain since the day of the escalator

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Yadoppsi posted:

owned by twitter brain disease

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm going to get the elon holes drilled in my brain and download stav bot

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

They briefly talk about G Gundam on one episode of Ballin Out Super and goddamn this guy does not understand G Gundam

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Grevling posted:

Why can you download some podcasts off soundcloud and others not? Is this an option that the hosts can choose to have or not?

purely an option set when uploading. idk why a podcast would choose not too enable downloads tho

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

They briefly talk about G Gundam on one episode of Ballin Out Super and goddamn this guy does not understand G Gundam

i draw my blade

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i draw my blade

He said "they threw the plot out the window" when they went to space to fight a "giant Gundam worm"

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
technically a youtub but this is an honorary podcast since its an audio interview of michael hudson (who owns) on how trump is helping destroy the american empire, and how the american empire works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4gewWbQzK8

red salute to comrade trump

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

skull mask mcgee posted:

purely an option set when uploading. idk why a podcast would choose not too enable downloads tho

Thanks, makes sense. I guess sometimes they just forget to make the eps downloadable? The first part of Grub Staker's Koch Brothers is downloadable but the second for some reason isn't.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Crane Fist posted:

I think Trashfuture is my new favourite podcast. I listened to the ep with Joel Golby today and now I can't bust without watching Viva La Bam

that Bam's marriage was ruined by going on Cum Town :discourse:

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009

Victory Position posted:

that Bam's marriage was ruined by going on Cum Town :discourse:

same thing happened to adam

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

and matt

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
just discovered Know Your Enemy, pretty interesting leftist analysis of the Trump-era right

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/know-your-enemy/id1462703434

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1156609781404196866
if the das fonky beatz video they've uploaded on their youtube is any indication, virgil is already the gay version of himself

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Is there a Chapo debate stream?

coathat
May 21, 2007

They were streaming their live show but twitch started giving out 24 hour bans for showing the cnn feed so they shut it off

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Majority Report twitch stream is still running.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i don't gently caress with trashfuture, feels like they just recycle old chapo bits and that alice person reminds me of this narcissistic dipshit i used to work with. god bless them.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
always a little surreal to hear a popular podcast make goon island zipline jokes.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

started listening to the Revolutions podcast, and it''s pretty good so far. though i do find it a bit odd that someone who's into marx and has been doing this for a few years now has yet to talk about the russian revolution.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

don't think duncan is into marx even after his left turn as of late

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Mr Interweb posted:

started listening to the Revolutions podcast, and it''s pretty good so far. though i do find it a bit odd that someone who's into marx and has been doing this for a few years now has yet to talk about the russian revolution.

He's going in chronological order, and the current season is on the Russian revolution.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Dreylad posted:

always a little surreal to hear a popular podcast make goon island zipline jokes.

it was probably a deeper cut than most of their auteur references that make people go "is this podcast made for just me/five people?"

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Mr Interweb posted:

???

That's the latest season.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Mr Interweb posted:

He's doing them in chronological order because, as you will discover, all the major revolutions have a surprising amount of links and even shared characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Mr Interweb posted:

Be warned that Duncan is not a marxist, hes a liberal and thats gonna color his analysis a little early on. Hes been drifting leftward in his analysis since the Haitian revolution and Trump's election though and even willing to seriously engage with the ideas of left wing revolutionaries more than you would expect from a liberal.