Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Yinlock posted:

who on earth snorts adderall

university kids

like, since, forever. that's not exactly rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yinlock posted:

(for the record i have professionally-diagnosed brain problems that require aderall, which sucks when some morons abuse it and make me have to jump through even more hoops in order to think straight)

The god drat president of the united states, that's who.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Snorting adderall was crazy popular before they put the goo bubbles in. It was cheaper, more accessible and more predictable than coke and I think the effects lasted longer. I think since you knew what you were getting dosage and content wise, unlike with street drugs, it was seen as a "safe" drug. Tons of people would rail adderall and drink.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I just want one for exam day.

Well okay two, one for some random day the day before exam day so I know what I'm signing up for, and then another one on actual-exam day so I spend those three hours working instead of staring through the page and doing most of the same calculation eight times in a row

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Yinlock posted:

(for the record i have professionally-diagnosed brain problems that require aderall, which sucks when some morons abuse it and make me have to jump through even more hoops in order to think straight)

Lol so many college student did

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

autism ZX spectrum posted:

Snorting adderall was crazy popular before they put the goo bubbles in. It was cheaper, more accessible and more predictable than coke and I think the effects lasted longer. I think since you knew what you were getting dosage and content wise, unlike with street drugs, it was seen as a "safe" drug. Tons of people would rail adderall and drink.

“Just gotta snort this adderall real quick and then I can write this paper that’s due tomorrow”

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009
just lol if you've never butchugged adderal

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Yinlock posted:

adderall is laboratory grade speed, who wouldn't abuse that poo poo

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/SokendeSanndru/status/1156639985111576579

lmao how are they so bad at this

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Wow their skin is all so red.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
:bustem:

Harold Stassen has issued a correction as of 01:08 on Jun 16, 2021

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

That's not skin, comrade. That's "gammon".

Had to look up a picture of “gammon” to see what it is and was temporarily confused as all the results looked like Dougie’s jowls.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Another Bill posted:

lmao how are they so bad at this

Maybe something about decades of getting caught being blatantly corrupt without consequences?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
rcmp is diverting most of their staff and the cf away from northern manitoba. it's like 50/50 that the two incel nazis are either dead or outsmarted the entirely of the police in canada

lowly abject turd
Mar 23, 2009

zero impetus to be good at it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

DariusLikewise posted:

two incel nazis are either dead or outsmarted the entirely of the police in canada

Anyone checked the recruiting offices?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

DariusLikewise posted:

rcmp is diverting most of their staff and the cf away from northern manitoba. it's like 50/50 that the two incel nazis are either dead or outsmarted the entirely of the police in canada

It can be both.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Dudley DoRight, shaking fist “You’ve won this round, Incel Nazis!”

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
What are the chances the manhunt and the media blitz is just to help with finding them? They're almost certainly keeping tabs on what's going on and saying "ok you win search is over" would be a great way to get their guard down. The media pretty much just exist to disseminate cop announcements.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

They found them. But just as they were about to be pulled down by the dogs the Nazis turned and made an impassioned speech about how maybe, just maybe we're all a little bit Nazi on the inside and the rcmp wiped their eyes and hugged it out and now they're going home

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The RCMP looked real hard but they did Nazi them :downsrim:

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
*counter strike voice* nazis win

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

infernal machines posted:

university kids

like, since, forever. that's not exactly rare

i didn't know they snorted it, i thought they just took it to get fantastic psychic powers or whatever it is that happens to normal people when they take adderall

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
I wonder how long it would take them to stop looking for a couple far-left murderers.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I think in uni kids just downed adderall regularly because it works a little more predictably and slower when it's ingested. Railing it gets you high immediately, more aggressively and doesn't last as long, from what I've heard. You don't want to go loving hog wild apeshit before writing a term paper, at least I wouldn't, but being able to intensely focus and not feel hungry/tired for like 4 straight hours would be rad.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

but being able to not feel hungry/tired for like 4 straight hours would be rad.

i feel like this raises a lot of questions

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ardent Communist posted:

I wonder how long it would take them to stop looking for a couple far-left murderers.

probably the same amount of time if they were also two dumb teens with a death wish who disappeared into the boonies of northern manitoba

if they've gotten this far into the search with no more credible leads, then the duo either bamboozled the police hardcore and have escaped to somewhere else, or they're dead from wild animals/exposure/starvation; either way, maintaining a massive search party with air support makes no logistical sense

I think in uni kids just downed adderall regularly because it works a little more predictably and slower when it's ingested. Railing it gets you high immediately, more aggressively and doesn't last as long, from what I've heard. You don't want to go loving hog wild apeshit before writing a term paper, at least I wouldn't, but being able to intensely focus and not feel hungry/tired for like 4 straight hours would be rad.

yep, it's why modern amphetamines like lysdextroamphetamine are designed to make inhalation inefficient/undesirable to reduce the risk of abuse

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Let's start with being able to focus at all. I'm still on board with like, napping and eating and all that stuff.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

flakeloaf posted:

Let's start with being able to focus at all. I'm still on board with like, napping and eating and all that stuff.

part of the reason i suspect university kids like addies is that they've got a fairly limited duration of action (4-6 hours, iirc), so you can take them before an exam/writing a paper and blitz it out without worrying about being wired for the entire day

you still need to eat and poo poo for amphetamines to have any real effectiveness. you might be able to ignore hunger for a while when you're on them but your brain's still gonna start feeling loving weird after a while if it's not getting proper nutrition/hydration. the only difference is that you don't have hunger/thirst signals telling you the cause

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
My favorite butts

https://twitter.com/gmbutts/status/1156670269282508800

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Imagine thinking facts and honesty matter to Conservative voters.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Ardent Communist posted:

they would be hosed as soon as the guillotine got stuck in the muskeg

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

quote:

PC Party of Manitoba
July 8 – Brian Pallister pledges to cancel the provincial sales tax on home insurance, which he says will save the average homeowner $70 a year.
July 15 – Rochelle Squires says they will cancel the PST on salon services and haircuts over $50.
July 25 – Brian Pallister says they will eliminate PST on wills combined with the elimination of probate fees — what is also known as death taxes — if elected.
Aug. 1 – The PC Party promises to roll back PST on tax preparation, saving $3 million a year for Manitobans — or about $2.30 per Manitoban.

o hell yea, more tax cuts to justify more austerity, keep running this poo poo into the ground

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/joe_warmington/status/1157008167987032065

:qq::decorum::qq:

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
Thank god we have Joe Wormington to be the judge of what is and isn't professional.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

flakeloaf posted:

modafinil and its sequel

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

i feel like this raises a lot of questions

I meant like, being able to stay in a flow state or whatever you call productive hyperfocus for 4 hour periods. I spent way too much time in post secondary and without any drugs I can reasonably study for about an hour, hour and a half before needing a break. After a break I get about another half hour, maybe 45 minutes of good studying and after another break I can maybe 15 minutes. It's easier to drift off focus after the initial period, too. I found that when I smoked pot and drank espresso it would add about 30 minutes to each period of productivity. One time a buddy gave me these weird stimulant leaves from Ethiopia that you pack in like chewing tobacco and no poo poo I studied for about 4 or 5 hours.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I remember during university there were some dudes who used speed or whatever and they would be top of the class for a semester or two then burn out hard and often just disappear.

The ones who flunked out after getting hooked on MUDs or nettrek were sadder though

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

priznat posted:

I remember during university there were some dudes who used speed or whatever and they would be top of the class for a semester or two then burn out hard and often just disappear.

The ones who flunked out after getting hooked on MUDs or nettrek were sadder though

dating yourself a little there

The navy recruited really hard at the little private college I went to (mistakes were made, I realize) and the sad stories there were the guys who not only flunked out, but flunked out after the navy paid for their education. They make you pay that back, pronto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

One time a buddy gave me these weird stimulant leaves from Ethiopia that you pack in like chewing tobacco and no poo poo I studied for about 4 or 5 hours.

That kinda sounds like cocoa leaves, you might have been budget-coked out of your gourd for those 4.5 hours