Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Glasses Optional posted:

He is the only candidate discussing changing the constitution and political systems from being pants on head stupid and that enough gets my head turned and places him solidly outside the horse poo poo Biden camp.

Sanders, Warren, and half a dozen other candidates also want to abolish the electoral college. Buttigieg is the only one that wants to go through the effort of pushing a constitutional amendment to guarantee that the Supreme Court is dominated by a republican supermajority whenever it’s allowed to hear cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

GreyjoyBastard posted:

don't be a shitbag, especially in response to an effortpost

uglycat is contributing on-the-ground lived-experience stuff about buttigieg, and maybe should be engaged with more than a driveby shitpost

No, he's not. He's saying that Pete is really bad, but we should excuse him for it since it's not his fault he's bad, and there's a lot of progressives in South Bend so we should like Pete despite his badness. Also, he's going on at length about how Uglycat, personally, is a progressive superstar, and Pete went to the same school that he did, wink wink. He's actually posting nothing but criticism about Pete, but he's burying it in enormous amounts of misleading, off-topic, and irrelevant garbage, along with plenty of backhanded "sure, Pete is terrible on black issues, but it can't be helped since he's a white mayor, so we shouldn't hold it against him" poo poo.

Also, he claims to have close insider ties to the Buttigieg administration, and has bragged about personal involvement in every single one of Pete's scandals.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

VH4Ever posted:

Here's an angle I haven't seen anyone take yet in response to this: I don't doubt at all what you say and there's not one word I could say to challenge anything you've told us because that's your lived experience. But maybe you're a bit too close to Pete to be objective about both his pros and his cons?

Fair.
Take me for exactly what I am, offering exactly what I offer.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Main Paineframe posted:

No, he's not. He's saying that Pete is really bad, but we should excuse him for it since it's not his fault he's bad, and there's a lot of progressives in South Bend so we should like Pete despite his badness. Also, he's going on at length about how Uglycat, personally, is a progressive superstar, and Pete went to the same school that he did, wink wink. He's actually posting nothing but criticism about Pete, but he's burying it in enormous amounts of misleading, off-topic, and irrelevant garbage, along with plenty of backhanded "sure, Pete is terrible on black issues, but it can't be helped since he's a white mayor, so we shouldn't hold it against him" poo poo.

Also, he claims to have close insider ties to the Buttigieg administration, and has bragged about personal involvement in every single one of Pete's scandals.

I cannot tell whether this is the truth or not because the real Buttigieg supporters are indistinguishable from the parody. The stereotypical 'liberal elites' who brought in huge fundraising hauls for Pete use the same talking points without any irony.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I really hope the current polls are greatly flawed in some way, because I can't stomach the thought of watching Biden and Trump sundowning simultaneously on stage this time next year.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Blind Pineapple posted:

I really hope the current polls are greatly flawed in some way, because I can't stomach the thought of watching Biden and Trump sundowning simultaneously on stage this time next year.

While I'm still of the opinion that the dems are going to trip over their own dicks and reelect trump, there's one minor flaw in modern polling. Just a slight one.

Who the -gently caress- do you know that is willing to answer a phonecall from a random unlisted number? Much less actually sit on the line for a while and answer a poll on a workday lmao.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/MikeGravel/status/1156769592838172672?s=20

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

He stole his teens!

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
https://twitter.com/TamikaDMallory/status/1156735860718690304?s=20

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Ah, so that's why they seemed louder for Booker than de Blasio.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Blind Pineapple posted:

They're flawed and it's also extremely early.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Mind_Taker posted:

Holy poo poo that ending was perfect. Biden is senile

So is 50%+ of the electorate

"He's just like us!": Brain damaged from dementia and lead fumes

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

So is 50%+ of the electorate

"He's just like us!": Brain damaged from dementia and lead fumes

Nah, he doesn’t look like he’s in control. That matters to the olds. They just want to beat Trump, and this ain’t gonna do it.

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames

Uglycat posted:

Fair.
Take me for exactly what I am, offering exactly what I offer.

An enabler/junior propagandist of a lovely white supremacist fascist, offering vox dot com rear end vignettes of the psyche of the terminally poisoned by liberalism mind?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
jesus christ uglycat

i can't believe i'm saying this but for the love of god go back to posting about project chanology. i beg you

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Holy crap. Kamala's campaign may be the most cynical and disingenuous yet. She tweeted this today:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1156733317141676032

Except that Obama said this long before Kamala came up with her plan and called it Medicare for all.

This may be the single most egregious example of contempt for voters of this cycle. What's next? She's going to create a policy called the new deal and then Rob ads on how her new deal proposal is endorsed by fdr?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i dunno expectations for him are probably sufficiently lowered this time around even if he mr magoos it again the reaction won't be quite as drastic

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...m=.b5a42b5e8942

quote:

Joe Biden was good enough. And that, in itself, was a victory.

His fellow Democrats began attacking him in the very first minute of Wednesday night’s debate, and they didn’t stop. They attacked him on health care. They attacked him on immigration. They attacked him on crime. They attacked him on inequality, race, climate change, trade, equality, abortion and Iraq.

And Biden was . . . perfectly adequate. He wasn’t the most eloquent or stylish debater on the stage. He struggled to find words at times, he seemed over-rehearsed, he seemed not to grasp how texting works (“Go to Joe 30330”), he cut himself off when his allotted time expired and, at times, he seemed stunned by the ferocity of the barrage — which, in fairness, was stunning.

But in contrast to his lifeless performance at the first debate, Biden was energetic and prepared. He returned fire with fire and, for the most part, he held his own.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
joe biden: he did, a C+ job, and gosh darn it, that's passing, is the worst take.

if joe biden brought anywhere near that amount of "energy" to Trump, it's going to be so bad. you can't say "malarkey!" and "let's take this outside" and expect to win.

it's dumb, but Yang did the best last night. he didn't say random numbers like "3 trillion, 30 trillion!", how many more people are going to remember Yang's "an Asian guy who's good at math is the opposite of Trump" than ANY of what everybody else said on the stage last night?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Bernie, Warren, and Harris are definitely gonna tag team to go after Biden during the next debate.

I’m not even sure biden will be there.

The people propping him up watched the same debate we did. Sure there’s an army of dc leaches pointing to polls saying he’s still in the lead, but the money has to realize he’s a sinking boat at this point.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The worst part about Joe 30330 is that it's not even an election year. Is he really talking about the 30330 midterms already?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Darko posted:

Also, these debates are a block away from where I live and I now have an anti abortion truck with pictures of a dismembered (probable) miscarriage sitting in front of my loft.

Do you have access to nuclear weapons?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Blind Pineapple posted:

they're massively oversampling old as gently caress people. and I mean that in the sense that 49 is their cut-off for young and they're undersampling anyone younger than 50

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I am skeptical that the debates are going to hurt Biden. I don’t think he got as thoroughly chaos dunked this time enough for it to go mainstream the way he did in round one and there’s still too many white noise candidates. Especially with the media openly protecting Biden too. I think it’ll probably improve Bernie and Warren’s standings and be a wash for most other people.

I think we’ll see some real impact once the garbage tier clown candidates get shoo’d out next month and supporters consolidate around the serious people.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Failed Imagineer posted:

The worst part about Joe 30330 is that it's not even an election year. Is he really talking about the 30330 midterms already?

it was apparently a number you were supposed to text "JOIN" to to get biden info. that he hosed up conveying that when other people managed to plug their websites successfully is pretty bad

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I'm glad I was right that harris' performance in the first debates was a one time thing. she was strong when she was an underdog and no-one was aiming for her, but the knives were out for her in this debate and she stumbled

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

The people propping him up watched the same debate we did. Sure there’s an army of dc leaches pointing to polls saying he’s still in the lead, but the money has to realize he’s a sinking boat at this point.

I still think part of the reason CNN and other media types are pushing Biden is because they have the narrative written and if Warren, Sanders, Harris, or someone else becomes the nominee they don't know how to write a new narrative or want to cover the race.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mooseontheloose posted:

I still think part of the reason CNN and other media types are pushing Biden is because they have the narrative written and if Warren, Sanders, Harris, or someone else becomes the nominee they don't know how to write a new narrative or want to cover the race.

They have a narrative written for literally everyone.

They're in favor of Biden because he'll appeal to the wealthy boomer demo, will GO TOE TO TOE WITH STREET FIGHTER TRUMP WITH HIS TOUGHNESS, and the aristocrats that run CNN know he won't rock their boat.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Someone catalogued all of Biden's senior moments last night.

https://twitter.com/OrganizingPower/status/1156752059221151744?s=09

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

My favorite was him claiming he'd put a cap on copays at 1k.

Even assuming he meant deductibles thats still loving garbage.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Marxalot posted:

While I'm still of the opinion that the dems are going to trip over their own dicks and reelect trump, there's one minor flaw in modern polling. Just a slight one.

Who the -gently caress- do you know that is willing to answer a phonecall from a random unlisted number? Much less actually sit on the line for a while and answer a poll on a workday lmao.

That’s only part of that. There is a nonzero chance that many who poll won’t admit to voting for Trump to anyone but still will do so.

It is believed to be one of the largest reasons exit polling was so off back in 2016.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

That’s only part of that. There is a nonzero chance that many who poll won’t admit to voting for Trump to anyone but still will do so.

It is believed to be one of the largest reasons exit polling was so off back in 2016.

Exit polling wasn't any more inaccurate than in prior elections

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Blind Pineapple posted:

Ignore the polls. they're meaningless A:this far out, B: with this many candidates, and C: when they're actively undersampling young people

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Uglycat posted:

I catch WiFi at truck stops, traveling between primitivist intentional communities, operating by consensus. I jug, I dumpster dive, and I live happy. Three years, I been on the road. I spent three months at standing rock. Two in flint. I camped in protest at the rnc. I helped a kitchen feed hundreds in Texas, after a hurricane. I was pepper sprayed, naked, at the inauguration, holding off a phalanx. I scrawled "kaine/buttigieg 2020" in chalk outside the convention center when Hillary won the nomination. Project Veritas caught footage of a meeting I attending a meeting at an anarchist bookshop in Brooklyn. I marched with the black bloc on j20. I was on the border earlier this year, at an indigestion led resistance camp, watching border control hunt humans. I've been in the black hills twice, playing cat and mouse with forest service. And that's all after spending 6 years actively building south bend.

Pete good.

I read this in Sam Elliot's voice.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

A lot of people who don't really pay that much attention to politics, if asked, will say they support Joe Biden. He was Obama's friend, he seems cool, whatever. But when it's actually time to vote, who is going to have the fired up base that actually goes to the polls in big numbers? It's gonna be Bernie.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

FizFashizzle posted:

“Sir, better things aren’t possible”- The DNC

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

It's amazing what being wealthy does to your perception of what poor and lower middle class people can afford. Only Bernie seems to understand that doing away with the deductibles and premiums is the only way to ensure that ALL people actually proactively participate in the healthcare system in America.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Under my healthcare plan, you'll only have to go to a GP every six weeks before our coverage kicks in.

Play your cards right and you'll be fine in december.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

This belongs on AO3, tagged Pete x Uglycat.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

joepinetree posted:

Holy crap. Kamala's campaign may be the most cynical and disingenuous yet. She tweeted this today:

https://mobile.twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1156733317141676032

Except that Obama said this long before Kamala came up with her plan and called it Medicare for all.

This may be the single most egregious example of contempt for voters of this cycle. What's next? She's going to create a policy called the new deal and then Rob ads on how her new deal proposal is endorsed by fdr?

harris is quickly overtaking biden in who's worse. biden's poo poo but at least he's out there with his poo poo harris says one thing then does the opposite. calling her plan medicare for all, that aipac poo poo. it's almost weirder she has huge fans than if biden did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Groovelord Neato posted:

harris is quickly overtaking biden in who's worse. biden's poo poo but at least he's out there with his poo poo harris says one thing then does the opposite. calling her plan medicare for all, that aipac poo poo. it's almost weirder she has huge fans than if biden did.

Harris' whole thing is to try to do the "pragmatic progressive who gets things done" role, but successfully this time. It's hardly surprising she's transparently disingenuous about basically everything.