Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I guess you can actually get it right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Are we going to be able to get the cards from Dreadfane given that I already have the minis?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Rhaegar posted:

Are we going to be able to get the cards from Dreadfane given that I already have the minis?
Probably not. GW has said that the warbands will be availible seperately, but I doubt that there'll be a card pack.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

X-posting from the Oath Thread;

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete!

Heavy use of contrast this month due to All The Wood. Very nice for wet blending. Also had fun trying for an NMM effect.

So that's 5 warbands down, 5 to go (all nightvault bands, plus Magore's and the Guard).

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

LazyAngel posted:

X-posting from the Oath Thread;

So that's 5 warbands down, 5 to go (all nightvault bands, plus Magore's and the Guard).
Nice looking tree people! After the next 5 you just need the last 8 :v:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god, they didn't shove yet another stormcast warband into beastgrave.
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/01/gencon-previewgw-homepage-post-1/

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

glitchkrieg posted:

There will definitely be more Underworlds. Warcry is not a competing product.

Beastgrave's been announced then :shepspends:

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Oh my god, they didn't shove yet another stormcast warband into beastgrave.
Wow, and here I thought I wasn't going to get another core set :hawaaaafap:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Satyrs and Centaurs fuckin rule

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Satyrs and Centaurs gently caressin rule

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am so here for Beastmen

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
I've always liked the design of the old Beastmen Gors and Ungors but kind of disliked how static and stiff the models are, so I'm definitely on board with these Beastmen.

By the way, if anyone wants the cards from the Sepulchral Guard set and is willing to pay shipping costs from the UK, PM me and they're yours.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Electric Hobo posted:

Barnes & Noble has Dreadfane up for preorder, with 31. August as the release date. Apparently those fuckers won't ship to the EU because of GDPR, so my collection will suffer forever!

Not the case, if you pay using Paypal it will work with a UK (and I'm guessing EU) address, you just won't get free shipping. I ordered both Dreadfane and Combat Arena and shipping total for both was $18.50.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lungboy posted:

Not the case, if you pay using Paypal it will work with a UK (and I'm guessing EU) address, you just won't get free shipping. I ordered both Dreadfane and Combat Arena and shipping total for both was $18.50.
Holy poo poo, it worked! Guess I'm getting Dreadfane! Thanks :)

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
I've never liked Beastmen ever, but somehow those Beastmen are some of the coolest models I've ever seen.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I really don't like the new ungors for some reason, but the rest of 'em look real good!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just noticed that the Dreadfane cards are numbered XXX/124, but there are only 64 numbered cards in the box. So we might be getting the usual 30 neutrals per warband when they're released later?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Do we know anything about what the new season ‘Gimmick’ is? If Shadevault added Magic, what’s new here, kind of thing?

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Not having stormcast in the starter set

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Electric Hobo posted:

Nice looking tree people! After the next 5 you just need the last 8 :v:

Thanks. The Godsworn hunt is on my painting table as we speak.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
No one interested in a free set of Sepulchral Guard cards?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

AnEdgelord posted:

Not having stormcast in the starter set

:hmmyes:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Electric Hobo posted:

Just noticed that the Dreadfane cards are numbered XXX/124, but there are only 64 numbered cards in the box. So we might be getting the usual 30 neutrals per warband when they're released later?

drat. It's going to suck that after I buy all this stuff just to have to re-buy everything to get the neutral cards.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

berzerkmonkey posted:

drat. It's going to suck that after I buy all this stuff just to have to re-buy everything to get the neutral cards.
If they end up adding them to the warband packs, I hope they make a small pack with only the neutral cards, like they did with Echoes of Glory. I would make sense, so people who bought Dreadfane won't have to rebuy the warbands. But it could be USA/Germany only.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
That is a nice thought, but then again, it is GW.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

The digital version can't come out fast enough frankly.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

ineptmule posted:

Do we know anything about what the new season ‘Gimmick’ is? If Shadevault added Magic, what’s new here, kind of thing?

It's Beastgrave, so some form of hunting mechanic?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

glitchkrieg posted:

It's Beastgrave, so some form of hunting mechanic?

I wonder if there won’t be card ai random beasts introduced. Tokens in the base game with a physical model kit released along side the game.

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

The new mechanic will be universal card set rotation.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Someone should go kick the guy at Fantasy Flight who came up with the idea of making a miniatures game with cards that you had to buy miniatures you don't even want to get. It's like combining the most insidious features of collectible card games and toys-to-life video games in one lovely package. But hey :capitalism:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Is there any stipulation regarding Objective sleeves being different from Ploy/Gambit sleeves? I was making some decks and realized that, with the card backs being different colors, it might be a thing to have different colored sleeves, just so your opponent can ensure you have the correct number of cards...

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

berzerkmonkey posted:

Is there any stipulation regarding Objective sleeves being different from Ploy/Gambit sleeves? I was making some decks and realized that, with the card backs being different colors, it might be a thing to have different colored sleeves, just so your opponent can ensure you have the correct number of cards...

There's no rule in the books as far as I remember, but a lot of tournament packs will demand that.

I use transparent sleeves, so not had that problem!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
The one thing about transparent sleeves is that, apparently, some card sets have color variance that could be used to "mark" cards. I don't know how valid that complaint is though.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Yeah, everyone locally just has two different color sleeves.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Alright, guess I'll do two different sleeves then. Glad I thought about this prior to making up a ton of decks.

Psyber Spine
Jan 18, 2019

Thanks for those skellybob cards Panzer I didn't realise they were unopened too. There's a few good ones in here for a couple of my warbands. I can't wait to use Mighty Swing with my reavers!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

berzerkmonkey posted:

The one thing about transparent sleeves is that, apparently, some card sets have color variance that could be used to "mark" cards. I don't know how valid that complaint is though.
It is noticeable, I can easily tell if the next card is from the base set or a warband box. Part of the reason why I decided to put them into colored sleeves.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004

Psyber Spine posted:

Thanks for those skellybob cards Panzer I didn't realise they were unopened too. There's a few good ones in here for a couple of my warbands. I can't wait to use Mighty Swing with my reavers!

Glad they could be of use!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Crossposting from the Oath thread;

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Complete!

Took way too long, and result is a bit messy. Tried to go for a Frazetta/Vallejo-style with a limited colour palette; think it came out okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Really like the look of those metals! nice job