Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
All I want is their Schwarzenegger and
Keanu impressions and there aren't enough of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jojoinnit posted:

Terminator 2 is great for this thanks to being post-Jerky Boys film.

"HELLO, SIZZLE CHEST"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'm shocked that a goon podcast would be garbage :v:

Hey now Eric posts in here sometimes, I just wish there was more Blame it on Outer Space.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Angry_Ed posted:

"HELLO, SIZZLE CHEST"

I VILL MOURN YOU IN ROBOT HEAVEN MY BROTHER'S as he shoots up the cars runs through my head at least once a week

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Hey now Eric posts in here sometimes, I just wish there was more Blame it on Outer Space.

Speaking of, is there any way to listen to Blame it on Outer Space now? I didn't hear about it until recently but I cannot find any podcast service that has it and according to Eric's twitter it's pretty much gone.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That sucks but at the same time seems very appropriate for a conspiracy podcast.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Eric not being able to read numbers in the Taking of Pelham episode was very humanizing. Knock that Adonis down a notch!

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Zore posted:

Oh are we doing lesser recommended favorite episodes?

Friday the 13th pt 5 (aka Roy the Movie)

My Best Friend's Wedding (how the gently caress is someone you haven't seen in 5 years your best friend?)

Secret Window (Just everything about their Tuturro impression is great)

The Happening (The Marky Mark stuff is A+)

And their trip through the recent Transformers movies is great

I want them to do a month of romcoms because they are always amazing and so many romcoms have bizarro premises with unlikeable protags. I’m still aghast this Best Friend’s Wedding is supposed to be a classic.

What was the one they did about two actors dating and then the one actor fell in love with the sister who wasn’t fat anymore? That one is great.

Also Babycakes

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Shirec posted:

What was the one they did about two actors dating and then the one actor fell in love with the sister who wasn’t fat anymore? That one is great.

Another Julia Roberts movie:

America's Sweethearts

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
It's been way too long since they did a Lifetime movie.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I wouldn't mind a return to some 80's shlock. Haven't had a real B-movie on the show in a while.

Which reminds me, Bee Movie is another great episode.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah they’ve been doing too much bland, souless early-mid aughts poo poo. Which is weird because they have to do way more heavy lifting. I’m guessing it’s a metrics issue? They probably have solid numbers about the type of movies that get the most downloads.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I’d love for them to do more deranged kids movies. Pippi Longstocking and Jack Frost are among my favorite episodes and I’ve been wanting to request Little Monsters and/or Radio Flyer for a while but I always miss the deadline.

Rahonavis fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jul 30, 2019

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

"HELLO, SIZZLE CHEST"

Eric's perfectly timed "Later, dickwad" after Arnie's sacrifice is one of my all time favorite moments in this podcast.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

jojoinnit posted:

NECK

This is from Sabotage, a movie that I had to spend 2 minutes going up and down the episode list to remember the name.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

AceOfFlames posted:

Eric's perfectly timed "Later, dickwad" after Arnie's sacrifice is one of my all time favorite moments in this podcast.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Big Bidness posted:

Yeah they’ve been doing too much bland, souless early-mid aughts poo poo. Which is weird because they have to do way more heavy lifting. I’m guessing it’s a metrics issue? They probably have solid numbers about the type of movies that get the most downloads.

Not gonna lie, I feel like this every year during Summer Blockbusters. I wish it was one concentrated month of stupid instead of spread out mediocrity. That said, I've still been laughing my tits off.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

oh yeah the show is still funny as hell. I've fallen off all the other movie podcasts that I used to listen to besides WHM and Action Boyz. And every episode of The Nexus is amazing.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Big Bidness posted:

If I had to guess, I'd say they only pick up new casual listeners when they do movies people have heard of before, which means either movies contemporary enough for people to have watched, or legendarily bad older movies.

Recent episode:

Andrew: "The man burned to death in a car accident. Can we not?"
Steve: "We can a little bit."

I loving lost my poo poo.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
It's a shame Jungle 2 Jungle is behind the paywall because it really is one of the all-time great episodes.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Recommend me your favourites in the first 100 episodes or so (the ones in the Google Drive archive). I haven't listened to most of them since it's too annoying to go through compared to every other podcast and medium on my mobile device.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I tried not to list any available as re-runs but:

Hider in the House, K-9 (and the sequel), Captain America, Jack Frost, The Next Karate Kid, Spawn, Twister, Tooth Fairy 2

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The Pallbearer holy poo poo, hurry up and listen to it

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

jojoinnit posted:

Recommend me your favourites in the first 100 episodes or so (the ones in the Google Drive archive). I haven't listened to most of them since it's too annoying to go through compared to every other podcast and medium on my mobile device.

Friday the 13th Part 5
Rocky IV

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Rahonavis posted:

I’d love for them to do more deranged kids movies. Pippi Longstocking and Jack Frost are among my favorite episodes and I’ve been wanting to request Little Monsters and/or Radio Flyer for a while but I always miss the deadline.
Stephen's horse voice is the best thing they've ever done.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The who could beat up Vin Diesel bit might be the perfect encapsulation of the range of the show.

We Hate Movies: Trying To Body Shame Vin Diesel(Good For Him. God Bless)

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Shirec posted:

Is that one of the longest running jokes? I feel like the horse totally is.

My favorite bit ever is Pizza Insurance that's resurfaced every so often. The extended bit with "Excuse me Mr. Dominoes, I dropped my pizza on the way home" killed me

I Dom Deluise wheeze-laughed at "mister dominoes? some older boys beat me up and took my pizza". I also am alllll giggles when the Andre the Giant voice comes out

GPTribefan posted:

Absolutely. I’ve listened to this a dozen times and that horse voice gets me every drat time.

YER GETTIN THE CHAIR

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

YER GETTIN THE CHAIR

SHES PULLIN A BURN!!! THIS ISN’T THE FIRST TIME SHES DONE THIS!!!

EAT SOME FISH!! SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT BITCH!!!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

jojoinnit posted:

Invisible Child but I think the only version available is the WHM rewind from later.

Step Up Revolution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwflEAv_CjI
Jaws the Revenge, giving up working class, cigar stomping shark guy
All the way back, the two episodes on Superman 3 and 4 were great. I listened to them half delirious at the end of a 13 hour plane ride though and haven't been back to them since.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The Vin Diesel only watches biopics bit was hysterical!

"How could they all be Bob Dylan? Doesn't make any sense..."

Chris was MVP of this episode.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

jojoinnit posted:

If you want to hear the exact moment they hit their format, Congo.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

jojoinnit posted:

Maniac Cop 3 and Halloween 3. I love cheesy horror movies and I love them talking about them.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Cocoon, gawd dammut.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Unless I'm remembering wrong Halloween 3 is an episode so good they did it a second time as a live show and then had to insist they wouldn't do it a third time. It and whatever the first episode covered are the only movies they've done multiple times.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Maybe that, but I believe they did Jason Takes Manhattan as a live commentary at their local Halloween (holiday) marathon back in the day, and then did it again as a live show.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Motherfucks better do whatever Cage Tour recording got hosed up. :colbert:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

weekly font posted:

Motherfucks better do whatever Cage Tour recording got hosed up. :colbert:

It wasn't actually hosed up. The Masons just stole the only copy and the directions to the recording are hidden on the back of a Zoo poster.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Gyges posted:

It wasn't actually hosed up. The Masons just stole the only copy and the directions to the recording are hidden on the back of a Zoo poster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3er7IZLRek

Hire Stanley KUUUU-brick....

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

I may be alone in this but their Entourage ep is one of my favorites. 90 minutes of mark whalberg impressions? Yes please! Every time those drat herculoids show up I lose my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Arson Daily posted:

I may be alone in this but their Entourage ep is one of my favorites. 90 minutes of mark whalberg impressions? Yes please! Every time those drat herculoids show up I lose my poo poo.

RIP Goober, bro.