Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Ugh, spent the last two days in hospital and was at home sleeping that off so I missed the email this morning. This has been a subpar few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Universal is holding a large press conference (offsite at the convention center, which is unusual) this coming Thursday, probably to announce the new park and resort they are building in Orlando. This should be interesting.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Atricks posted:

Universal is holding a large press conference (offsite at the convention center, which is unusual) this coming Thursday, probably to announce the new park and resort they are building in Orlando. This should be interesting.

They wanna set the bar as high as possible for D23 Expo. I'm interested.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
The Disney buys Blizzard-Activision rumors gonna be true, can't wait for World of Warcraft World.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

couldcareless posted:

The Disney buys Blizzard-Activision rumors gonna be true, can't wait for World of Warcraft World.

Overwatch hero meet & greets around epcot world showcase or nothing :colbert:

edit: Can't believe I'm down to less than 48 hours 'til I'm on the plane to Florida. It feels like I booked this trip years ago :psyduck:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 26, 2019

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

couldcareless posted:

heck they already made the map in overwatch

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Managed to grab an AP preview spot for the 18th, doing Smuggler’s Run and Ova’s Cantina. Super pumped!

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Folks, I have been to Galaxy's Edge. I have flown the Falcon. I have drank the blue milk. And I can't wait to do it all over again.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Is it just me or were the renovations to the dining area at Caribbean Beach a bit of a downgrade?

It seems so much more 'generic cafeteria' now.

Haven't had much more of a look around as it started hammering it down with rain when our DME was arriving at the hotel, but the bar looks nicer now

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

stratofarius posted:

Folks, I have been to Galaxy's Edge. I have flown the Falcon. I have drank the blue milk. And I can't wait to do it all over again.

That’s delightful to hear.

Supermechagodzilla used to post in the CineD Star Wars thread the same meme over and over: Star Wars Fans Don’t Actually Like Star Wars. It annoyed everybody, including me, but after seeing these chud fuckboys post whiny YouTube videos about Disneyland Galaxy’s Edge being a colossal flop because of Disney and feminism somehow, I get it now.

On the bright side this hopefully means there will be more space for people who actually enjoy Star Wars.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz

Hazo posted:

That’s delightful to hear.

Supermechagodzilla used to post in the CineD Star Wars thread the same meme over and over: Star Wars Fans Don’t Actually Like Star Wars. It annoyed everybody, including me, but after seeing these chud fuckboys post whiny YouTube videos about Disneyland Galaxy’s Edge being a colossal flop because of Disney and feminism somehow, I get it now.

On the bright side this hopefully means there will be more space for people who actually enjoy Star Wars.

Ive only seen the "YouTuber overreacts to everything being so super awesome" version of tripreports to Galaxys Edge and someone going to the park and complaining about feminism sounds hilarious to me.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/universalorl/status/1155855506638016512?s=21

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Oh yeah, that. Get ready for a price hike.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
What is this?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

They’re trying to steal some spotlight from D23 by announcing their new park.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I'm trying to get a World of Color dining package for the end of Sept but it only goes to Sept 2 at this time. I should probably expect them to release later Sept dates soon? I'm really not familiar with Disneyland's dining system.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Apropos of nothing, are there even rumors about what’s going on with the DLR Paint the Night? It feels uncharacteristic for Disney to go through the trouble of making an entirely new float just for, what, 5 months of parades?

An obvious answer is that they’re shipping it to Florida, but it’s been dark a long time now with no word...and it’ll be even more so if they wait till the 50th.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh they're fixing green and blue milk for WDW. How you might ask? The same way I fix myself, booze.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'm trying to think of what you'd mix with plant based dairy. I guess my wife really likes king cake vodka with Almond milk...

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Tequila and rum!

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Boxman posted:

Apropos of nothing, are there even rumors about what’s going on with the DLR Paint the Night? It feels uncharacteristic for Disney to go through the trouble of making an entirely new float just for, what, 5 months of parades?

An obvious answer is that they’re shipping it to Florida, but it’s been dark a long time now with no word...and it’ll be even more so if they wait till the 50th.

I think it's getting shipped. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring it back just to have something to bring people over during the fall.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
WDW won't' get Paint the Night, or any variant of it. Logistically it's a pain to send the whole thing over here, and some of the floats are actually too heavy for the bridge from Liberty Square to Main Street (which had already been reinforced for Festival of Fantasy, so they don't want to do that again)

There was talk that a new exclusive night parade (probably taking inspiration from Spectro like PTN took from MSEP) for the 50th here, but it sounds like that's basically dead in the water, thanks to the popularity of Happily Ever After, and how much of a pain it would be to clear the streets after that show for a night parade.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
For what it's worth I was up early and had to drive by the Convention Center, there is a giant Yoshi being set up there, assuming part of the Universal big announcement in a few hours.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Bring me a Donkey Kong Country attraction and that’s all I want. Preferably based on the mine train level (my fav).

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/Attractions/status/1156930689863999490?s=19

I hate that name

https://twitter.com/DISUniversal/status/1156934873275412480?s=19

Hub and spoke design

That top left sure is the quidditch world cup

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Aug 1, 2019

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When it comes to marketing the word “epic” it has a oddly high resonance with millennials. If they see epic they’re more likely to devote their travel resources to it. I don’t get it either.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/attractions/status/1156935596121702406?s=21

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Boo, I want more details!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Did these people literally gather press to announce a leaked name and that was it

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They showed the map and you can see the rides and areas In it. They understandably didn’t announce anything specific since it’s probably a few years away and they don’t want Disney stealing poo poo.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Wonder how expensive this is going to be. It's going to have to cost 3 or 4 Billion all said and done. Maybe more. That's a huge investment. Universal's theme park division is really profitable though, despite revenue that is like 10% of Disney theme park revenue.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

It’s a hard problem to solve. You can’t just start building, because it deflates some of the excitement of the actual announcement. But you don’t want to announce anything specific in case things fall through.

IMHO, they should have just confirmed what we all already know with fair certainty, that Super Nintendo World is at this gate, and give us literally anything else. An explanation of theme besides taking chip shots at WDW, for example.

The press release of “another theme park announced with no IP or timeline” feels even weirder than if they’d just reused the old Nintendo Land art, I feel like.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah exactly. I hate when companies pretend nothing leaks. Disney can surely get their hands on whatever info they want and probably already know everything happening. Islands of Adventure I think was announced in like 97 and opened 99 in some capacity, so you'd imagine the same here to compete with WDW 50th.

What was the deal with a giant Yoshi then?

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Aug 1, 2019

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
I can't say I'm a fan of the name either.

"Epic" already feels like a dated buzz word that's on its way out of fashion already.

Then there is using Universe twice. "Universal 's Epic Universe". It's like a park called "Disney's Magic Disney".

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

Did these people literally gather press to announce a leaked name and that was it

It's not even a particularly good name. This marketing really sounds like they went to that website where you can commission people for $5 and asked them to design a press release to go with some concept art.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
For those who need a map:

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Am I interpreting that map correctly: that the new park will have roughly the same footprint as all three existing parks (including Volcano Bay), plus the resorts, combined?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Zero One posted:

For those who need a map:

It's so far. I expect that from Disney, but part of the appeal of Universal to me is that the parks are next to each other.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Grundulum posted:

Am I interpreting that map correctly: that the new park will have roughly the same footprint as all three existing parks (including Volcano Bay), plus the resorts, combined?

The new site is 541 acres... It's large. Not all of it will be developed though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

It felt like an investor's call that got way too overhyped.