Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Phone posted:

Cool, eve peyser has leveraged her friendship with bari weiss to make it into the nyt oped page.

Cooooooooooooooool

more like eve pays her bills, amirite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Phone posted:

Cool, eve peyser has leveraged her friendship with bari weiss to make it into the nyt oped page.

Cooooooooooooooool

Who

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

HootTheOwl posted:

Because South Bend Indiana truly is....something awful.

Not a false statement

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1156950242169905153

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

CornHolio posted:

Not a false statement

Hi friend :waves:

South bend area got more'n a few goons

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

fbi swinging the election for trump AGAIN

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Uglycat posted:

Hi friend :waves:

South bend area got more'n a few goons

Sure seems that way! It's ironic that you're in town now and I'm a thousand miles away at the moment

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

the crime being that Mayor Pete didn't gentrify South Bend hard enough

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

although he did flub one question by delivering a non sequitur stump speech, and didn’t go after other candidates the way he should have, Bernie did by and large address the issues I had with his first debate performance

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

although he did flub one question by delivering a non sequitur stump speech, and didn’t go after other candidates the way he should have, Bernie did by and large address the issues I had with his first debate performance

honestly i think if bernie ever actually attacked anyone, especially someone the media loves, they would get even worse about constantly attacking

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Republicans just love Biden. Since he's one of them.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Beat me to the joke

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Have there been poll updates? I need my polls...if the polls don’t reflect my personal view I will dismiss them as frauds...I need...

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I’m curious if ratings between the 2 debates were significantly different. I know a few people, myself included, that watched Bernie/Warren and totally skipped last night.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
NBC is a waste:
In this article They labeled their winners of the two night debates. They gave credit to Bernie and Warren for winning, and yet someone also gave credit to their punching bags Delaney and Ryan for also doing well.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/blackwomenviews/status/1156859728418545664?s=20

tulsi's been stung by the #khive

edit: also bernie and his stans, cause their massive propaganda network spreads nothing but lies

Condiv fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Aug 1, 2019

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Harton posted:

I’m curious if ratings between the 2 debates were significantly different. I know a few people, myself included, that watched Bernie/Warren and totally skipped last night.

I think I saw that Tuesday's debate had like 8-8.5M viewers (NBC averaged like 15M) so it was already significantly worse than the first debates. But I wonder how much of that was broadcast vs cable tv.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

She represents all black women's views - thus her handle. Wrap it up, WOC Bernailures.:smug:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

joepinetree posted:

Is this parody? The internet research agency didn't get penetration in south bend because you, personally, was out on the streets taking portraits of them?

Yeah I'm really confused by the response to this guy's posts, which sorta cross a line where I'm just kind of legitimately concerned and don't even feel comfortable making a joke about them (in particular the part you're referring to is weird as hell and the lack of a reaction other than your post makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone). He doesn't seem like a bad person so I don't want to be a dick, but I also don't think people should be taking those posts seriously (though even if you do take them seriously, as Main Paineframe mentioned the posts themselves don't even include anything refuting the points against Buttigieg).

It kinda reminds me of Back In The Day when SA had posters like that 50ft Ant (I think that was his name) guy who were obviously not exactly reliable (to put it kindly) but had a ton of gullible posters following their every word.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I'm right there with you ytlaya, only reason I didn't respond was because there wasn't really anything to respond to, and others have summed it up pretty succinctly as a "I just like him/feel good about him" post, which, cool.

I don't mind as long as mayo pete stays where he is in polling, which is extremely likely

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah I'm really confused by the response to this guy's posts, which sorta cross a line where I'm just kind of legitimately concerned and don't even feel comfortable making a joke about them (in particular the part you're referring to is weird as hell and the lack of a reaction other than your post makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone). He doesn't seem like a bad person so I don't want to be a dick, but I also don't think people should be taking those posts seriously (though even if you do take them seriously, as Main Paineframe mentioned the posts themselves don't even include anything refuting the points against Buttigieg).

It kinda reminds me of Back In The Day when SA had posters like that 50ft Ant (I think that was his name) guy who were obviously not exactly reliable (to put it kindly) but had a ton of gullible posters following their every word.

Imagine how silly you're gonna look when he turns out to be the next Caro!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Warren is more of a Wine Mom than a Numbers Fuckstein in my opinion. Maybe a kind of hybrid?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

NBC is a waste:
In this article They labeled their winners of the two night debates. They gave credit to Bernie and Warren for winning, and yet someone also gave credit to their punching bags Delaney and Ryan for also doing well.

Well, if Biden is any indication, people having any clue who you are is a big advantage at this point. I suppose being seen parroting Republican talking points at progesssives is still being seen.

Also, Mayor Pete seems pretty great to me--by Indiana's low standards. We can do better for President, but I would be happy to vote for him for Senate or Governor.
Really, most of the candidates should go home and run for something else. :shrug:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Majorian posted:

She represents all black women's views - thus her handle. Wrap it up, WOC Bernailures.:smug:
I used to assume any account that posts 60 times a day is a bot or a paid shill, but I don't know anymore. People really are Online these days.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
we're going to be closing this thread and doing the augustine thread which'll run through the next debates, so make suggestions for thread titles

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
"8 more years of trump" still works imo

also--augustine thread?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

we're going to be closing this thread and doing the augustine thread which'll run through the next debates, so make suggestions for thread titles

#KamalaHarrisDestroyed

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

"8 more years of trump" still works imo

also--augustine thread?

"City of Mod"

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ytlaya posted:

Uglycat lives his truth. Check the regdate -- he's always been like that. At this point he's either what he appears to be OR the longest long-form troll this site's ever had.

I haven't seen the confirmations personally but other folks have told me that Uglycat was photographed at Standing Rock and other places, so there's at least some basic credibility to his statements. Of course, his lived experience doesn't necessarily correlate fully with reality no more than anyone else's does.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here (HEAVY PROBATE ZONE)

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hot enough for yah?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Hot enough for yah?
‘nother scorcher!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
What better way to cap off this good ol' thread than with a Neera tweet?

https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1156871363329703936

:allears:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion > Democratic Presidential Primary 2020: Pennsylvania 30330 JOE

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Despite our best intentions old people still vote

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Captain France posted:

Also, Mayor Pete seems pretty great to me--by Indiana's low standards. We can do better for President, but I would be happy to vote for him for Senate or Governor.
Really, most of the candidates should go home and run for something else. :shrug:

This is exactly how I feel, Indiana is in desperate need of solid Democrats. He should be here focusing his time and efforts. I would actually excited to vote for him in Indiana. President makes zero sense right now, unless he plans on doing his 2 terms and then running for.....Indiana senate...?

That would never loving happen so that’s why this presidential run has tainted him in my mind. What’s his long game?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Biden X Three oh! Three: Don't Trust She

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Harton posted:

This is exactly how I feel, Indiana is in desperate need of solid Democrats. He should be here focusing his time and efforts. I would actually excited to vote for him in Indiana. President makes zero sense right now, unless he plans on doing his 2 terms and then running for.....Indiana senate...?

That would never loving happen so that’s why this presidential run has tainted him in my mind. What’s his long game?

VP or cabinet position.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The next debate is in Houston so the apollo 13 reference might be apropos.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
This is what bugs me about Hickenlooper, Bullock, Ryan, and Buttigiug. Like, you're all from states with a GOP senate seat up in either 2020 or 2022. How about you run for that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Primary 2020: President Booker
Primary 2020: PYF Sundowning moment.