Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Bernie never comes across as yelling to me, but I come from a loud as gently caress family and all of our conversations eventually devolve into shouting as we all try to be heard over one another. People unfamiliar with us will look very concerned and ask what we're angry about. A confused look and "we were just talking about what to have for dinner" is the usual response.

I always assumed being loud was an American thing but I guess it's more of a poor American thing? Which fits with rich white Twitter libs acting very concerned about the angry Jewish man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

When you're trying to reach an audience to whom "caring about things" is gauche and to be avoided, yeah a different tack should be tried, especially if it can be related to idpol. Gotta speak their language

The subtle and sometimes not so subtle antisemitism of the never Bernie folk is only going to get worse as the election goes on, and needs to be called out

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Bernie never comes across as yelling to me, but I come from a loud as gently caress family and all of our conversations eventually devolve into shouting as we all try to be heard over one another. People unfamiliar with us will look very concerned and ask what we're angry about. A confused look and "we were just talking about what to have for dinner" is the usual response.

I always assumed being loud was an American thing but I guess it's more of a poor American thing? Which fits with rich white Twitter libs acting very concerned about the angry Jewish man.

A lot of women I know get upset about him yelling.

I don't think it's going to cost him their votes but one should consider how different people view an action.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I mean a lot of the time his speeches are rehearsed to be delivered before crowds or roaring people so yelling is appropriate.

Also, gently caress those people. Bernie owns. People SHOULD be yelling about income inquality, wealth gaps, and healthcare.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I had a nice discussion with my dad over the weekend about why Biden isn't a good candidate and why policies that effect Gen X and Millenials and are important, and he refused to believe that it was good politics since young people dont vote. It was nice to be able to dig up this article.
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/05/29/gen-z-millennials-and-gen-x-outvoted-older-generations-in-2018-midterms/

And show exactly why it is useful for political candidates to not target 100% of their policy at Boomers and Silents, and that maybe he should realize that Gen Xers are turning 40 and the average millennial is in their late 20s, and its not just becuase I live in SF that I think that young people are more politically active than they were in the 90s. Despite being a professor, he didn't understand why things like free college/debt forgiveness were political winners, even though he thinks they are good policy. The Nixon/Ford/Reagan/Bush I/Bush II combo destroyed these people's brains, and they refuse to believe that everyone isn't just a secret centrist. He is scared of democrats running on M4A, even though he knows it would be a better and cheaper system than what we have, because he is afraid of what the mean people on TV are gonna call our candidates. They want to keep running boring, centrist, old white guys becuase they think its the only possible solution to winning despite Kerry, Gore, and Dukakis all showing that having the charisma of wonderbread doesn't appeal to anyone

This is Joe Biden's constituency, people who think he sucks, but are afraid that actually having policy proposals is gonna scare off everyone

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 1, 2019

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Screaming at women is not a good look. Yeah maybe its a Jewish tradition but the optics (sonics?) are really problematic

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah I'm really confused by the response to this guy's posts, which sorta cross a line where I'm just kind of legitimately concerned and don't even feel comfortable making a joke about them (in particular the part you're referring to is weird as hell and the lack of a reaction other than your post makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone). He doesn't seem like a bad person so I don't want to be a dick, but I also don't think people should be taking those posts seriously (though even if you do take them seriously, as Main Paineframe mentioned the posts themselves don't even include anything refuting the points against Buttigieg).

It kinda reminds me of Back In The Day when SA had posters like that 50ft Ant (I think that was his name) guy who were obviously not exactly reliable (to put it kindly) but had a ton of gullible posters following their every word.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

It's kinda hosed up that this guy got probated for pointing out the weird screed about Pete doesn't feel right and people nodding along earnestly is weird

I'm not trying to stir poo poo up it genuinely does not sit right with me

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Aug 1, 2019

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's kinda hosed up that this guy got probated for pointing out the weird screed about Pete doesn't feel right and people nodding along earnestly is weird

I thought it was clear that Pete has goons.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Gripweed posted:

The subtle and sometimes not so subtle antisemitism of the never Bernie folk is only going to get worse as the election goes on, and needs to be called out

That's another way of putting it, and I agree 100%

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

gohmak posted:

I thought it was clear that Pete has goons.

It's crystal clear now, for sure.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Ahh, buying off moderates on a dead comedy site, truly the next generation of electioneering :rolleyes:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Jaxyon posted:

A lot of women I know get upset about him yelling.

I don't think it's going to cost him their votes but one should consider how different people view an action.
It was very bizarre observing some women I know go on about how Hillary Clinton is the smartest, toughest, most experienced, most qualified candidate in the history of the presidency, and we need to protect her from getting yelled at by the mean old Jew.

tylersayten
Mar 20, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's crystal clear now, for sure.

Not until the Crystal Queen’s orb verifies it.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah I'm really confused by the response to this guy's posts, which sorta cross a line where I'm just kind of legitimately concerned and don't even feel comfortable making a joke about them (in particular the part you're referring to is weird as hell and the lack of a reaction other than your post makes me feel like I'm in the twilight zone). He doesn't seem like a bad person so I don't want to be a dick, but I also don't think people should be taking those posts seriously (though even if you do take them seriously, as Main Paineframe mentioned the posts themselves don't even include anything refuting the points against Buttigieg).

It kinda reminds me of Back In The Day when SA had posters like that 50ft Ant (I think that was his name) guy who were obviously not exactly reliable (to put it kindly) but had a ton of gullible posters following their every word.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

What the gently caress is this probation.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/sengillibrand/status/1157034772956426241?s=21

Jesus Christ, Dems are so bad at this

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I heard that line last night, when she was asked about fighting climate change. I was like, its a decent line, but answer the loving question. You had time for your funny soundbite in you opening speech.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The armchair :words: psychoanalyzing other goons literally adds nothing of value? Uglycat posts are Uglycat posts and at least he was posting about a candidate. And honestly I don’t see how what he wrote was any worse than that Current Affairs piece complaining South Bend garbage trucks have The Claw. Don’t we want to cut down on the administrative costs of Trash Collection For All?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

StealthArcher posted:

What the gently caress is this probation.

The moderation in this thread is literally squarely smack dab in the Mayor Pete Stan Zone demographic, so

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

maybe i didn't post enough mayor pete love

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Halloween Jack posted:

It was very bizarre observing some women I know go on about how Hillary Clinton is the smartest, toughest, most experienced, most qualified candidate in the history of the presidency, and we need to protect her from getting yelled at by the mean old Jew.

It's really not that bizarre, just because a woman is competent doesn't mean it's OK for men to be loud and aggravating.

It's not Hillary or any other political woman needs protection, it's that they don't want to deal with poo poo men keep doing.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

We need to be more decorus about starting coups in Central America.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

holy poo poo genZ starting out seven points higher than millennials and genX :stare:

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

just got home from work and wow has #KamalaHarrisDestroyed been trending all day? its got 100k tweets

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

yronic heroism posted:

The armchair :words: psychoanalyzing other goons literally adds nothing of value?
So? And says who? PJ was recently probated for saying a post came across as sociopathic - not that the poster was sociopathic, mind, but just that the content of it sounded like that. I know these are just sixers but really the idea of "sixers don't count" is kinda dumb IMO.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
lol I love watching users psychoanalyze me 'cause it tells me which ones have been paying any attention at all

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

So? And says who? PJ was recently probated for saying a post came across as sociopathic - not that the poster was sociopathic, mind, but just that the content of it sounded like that. I know these are just sixers but really the idea of "sixers don't count" is kinda dumb IMO.

Maybe we need like 15 minute probations just as quick timeout, but lol at ever getting new features added to this forum's codebase

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

yronic heroism posted:

The armchair :words: psychoanalyzing other goons literally adds nothing of value? Uglycat posts are Uglycat posts and at least he was posting about a candidate. And honestly I don’t see how what he wrote was any worse than that Current Affairs piece complaining South Bend garbage trucks have The Claw. Don’t we want to cut down on the administrative costs of Trash Collection For All?

the current affairs piece has actual information in it

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i believe the guy who personally vouched that Buter Greg Is Good Even If He Has No Good Policies And Is An Empty Cyborg That Got Lost On Its Way To Recieve An Empathy Module, Which Helps Him Create Real Good Excuses For Why White People Shouldn't Care About Cops Murdering Black People

he sounds real good at the kind of kung fu that Internet Research Agency goons would respect, and is absolutely correct that the only parts of Petey The Mayor that aren't a vacuous hole of non-commitment look remarkably like actual real living flesh

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

ppj recently threatened a bunch of probes if people talked about a tweet ppj posted so idk what you expect lmao

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
e: wrong thread I am sorry!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
maybe we could get some soft lens interviews of 90 year old white people eating 14 eggs for breakfast in diners in places like rudd, arkansas, and ask them what they think of the mayor who sucks

i bet they'd also say he seems well spoken

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Jaxyon posted:

It's really not that bizarre, just because a woman is competent doesn't mean it's OK for men to be loud and aggravating.
It is actually bizarre to see Clinton's campaign as a referendum on feminism.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Uglycat posted:

lol I love watching users psychoanalyze me 'cause it tells me which ones have been paying any attention at all

Yeah honestly I don’t know what to tell you people who haven’t dreamed of dropping everything and running off with Uglycat at least once or twice.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Harton posted:

Yeah honestly I don’t know what to tell you people who haven’t dreamed of dropping everything and running off with Uglycat at least once or twice.

bus is lookin' fer crew right now

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

The issue is that the thread rule is going to be used to trump them up to 3 days.

But yeah gonna echo that these are utterly terrible probations and completely unjustifiable, the same as several past, equally questionable probations in here from the same person.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Uglycat posted:

bus is lookin' fer crew right now

I'm oddly curious, what does crewing entail?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

It owns in its bizarreness.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm oddly curious, what does crewing entail?

A consensus among those on the bus to have you aboard.

Help with navigation, child care, diesel jugging, dumpster diving are all useful aboard; good with building, cooking, digging, chopping wood and hauling water is good when we're camped. Bum stuff talents can be useful, but this is a kid-friendly (two aboard), no-shwill bus.

e: oh yeah, you an' all your poo poo have to fit in the space available, and your pack should be designed well enough that you can meet your (modest) needs on the road.

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Aug 1, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Harton posted:

"hello sane person, please'd to meet you" would be a good start

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

yronic heroism posted:

there should be a separate but welcoming space for the resident mentally ill to make threads all about themselves if they feel so inclined

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Halloween Jack posted:

I was told in this thread that everybody was on board with sexism being a factor in her loss so I can't imagine you're disagreeing with that, are you?