Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Charlie Bobson posted:

i didn't know that but i hate hubert for 73 different reasons already (which feels like an intended reaction to him) so i'll just add that to the top of the pile

Uh I'm pretty sure he has never chloroformed anyone of the other Eagles. And I don't get hating Hubert, but I suppose I am supporting Edie all the way. Like he has very good reasons for being how he is. Especially given the hosed up tragedy of what happened to Edelgard, how he was powerless to prevent it, and was still punished, let alone when she returns and he finds out what happened to her. He's very determined to never let anything like that happen ever again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Hubert is the most evil and the way his Byleth support develops is phenomenal.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How can I check my class exp? I can promote and have already certified but like, I don't want to leave without getting my goodboy sticker on some of these and I literally do not see a bar or anything.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How can I check my class exp? I can promote and have already certified but like, I don't want to leave without getting my goodboy sticker on some of these and I literally do not see a bar or anything.

The only place I've seen it (outside of battle) is on the Reclass screen under Inventory.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Charlie Bobson posted:

i didn't know that but i hate hubert for 73 different reasons already (which feels like an intended response to the character) so i'll just add that to the top of the pile

hubert is a loyal friend and very handsome

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Hubert so, so desperately wants to be Batman and he's so, so terrible at it.

My wife and I have spent the last week appending "I AM THE NIGHT" to everything he says and it hasn't stopped being funny yet.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Charlie Bobson posted:

smh disappointing, the only interaction ive seen them have is from their paralogue and i was rooting for them

I don't think Ingrid has a single A support with another woman

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't think Ingrid has a single A support with another woman

And it's a loving tragedy.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Detective No. 27 posted:

So far the only person Felix hasn't been overtly antagonistic to is Annette. He was only accidentally antagonistic to her.

This support was the very moment I decided Annette was the best.

The Felix/Bernadetta support is fantastic too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Speaking of Ingrid, her A support with Dimitri is pretty funny

Ingrid: I want to devote my life to you
Dimitri: what does that even mean
Ingrid: what do you want it to mean? *blushes*
Dimitri: be my knight
Ingrid: well that's an answer I guess

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Welp I traded in Octopath and got this. Here's to anime schools and gridbased combat!

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013

Eimi posted:

Uh I'm pretty sure he has never chloroformed anyone of the other Eagles. And I don't get hating Hubert, but I suppose I am supporting Edie all the way. Like he has very good reasons for being how he is. Especially given the hosed up tragedy of what happened to Edelgard, how he was powerless to prevent it, and was still punished, let alone when she returns and he finds out what happened to her. He's very determined to never let anything like that happen ever again.

I love Edelgard intensely, i just think that he, personally, is very mean and not fun to be around and insults other characters I like

I use the term hate (and a lot of other words) very liberally with fictional characters, so it's less Hate Crime hate and more I think he is a fun character because of how much of a creepy and weird douchebag I personally feel he is

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

inthesto posted:

This support was the very moment I decided Annette was the best.

The Felix/Bernadetta support is fantastic too.

Her support with Claude is of similar nature... But with very different lyrics.

Creepity creep!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Okay the cutscene when finishing the Rite of Rebirth mission is rad as gently caress.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

In battle check the details, in the bottom right there is a menu showing skill levels. The very last item in the bottom row is the currently equipped class.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
Im not organized enough to be a loving professor, Im ADD as hell, why did they let me on!?

I feel like Im messing up m y characters because its so open ended that they dont have a set path--like I want Marianne to be a holy knight by endgame but I want her to go like whatever-bishop-falcon knight?/priest-to whatever-to holy knight. But the things needed are all over the place and the stats seem like they will be too. A lot of my characters are like that.

Also how do I recruit other people? I have some decent stats, like 20-something charm and a C rank in authority but for Dorothea but she still wont switch. I picked the Golden Deer route.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Chapter 9/Month 12 spoilers
It's weird how Jeralt earns support points despite, you know.
The dying everyone saw coming.

It's also odd that Sothis earns support points despite only having an S rank. Wonder if the story dlc might add some stuff for them

I did like Byleth actually trying to use the Divine Pulse in a story sequence like this, though. I'm guessing it's mostly to just establish why he wont be doing that in the future, but it was still nice after Fates forgot Corrin was a dragon.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Devoyniche posted:

Also how do I recruit other people? I have some decent stats, like 20-something charm and a C rank in authority but for Dorothea but she still wont switch. I picked the Golden Deer route.

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

So basically at C-rank, you need 15 in a stat and either a D+ (Flying/Armor/Riding/Reason) or C in the skill. Some units have slightly higher requirements (either C+ skill or 20 stat), like Felix. I couldn't get him with what I listed above, but every other character worked fine. B-rank support means D-skill and 10 in a stat, basically free. A-rank is literally free.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Devoyniche posted:

What's your support level with her?

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.
I've got a question for Fire Emblem people: Three Houses seems to be being pretty well received, but I got turned off of Fates when I was playing it by the difficulty bifurcation. Specifically, I played Hard for a lot of levels and found it aggravating but doable with a lot of extremely over-specialized enemy setups (every archer has counterattack, here's a cave with ninjas who all have... some dumb special skill that I forget).

I gave up at the fight with the Archer kid on a massive, open map where it was impossible to manage enemy movement and the enemies were wall-to-wall gimmick rules characters. I never even got up to the building he was on.

Then when I turned the difficulty down, it was completely trivial to the point of being literally no fun at all to play.

How does Three Houses difficulty compare, and how much of the difficulty is 'this map is hard' vs. 'every enemy on this map is a min-maxed set of abilities that requires One Dumb Trick to deal with'? I thought Awakening was fun when I played it, which I'm pretty sure I played on hard. I like the tactical gameplay, but I'm not good enough to keep up with the game when it really wants to get Hard, and Fates didn't really have a good middle ground.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

BlondRobin posted:

I've got a question for Fire Emblem people: Three Houses seems to be being pretty well received, but I got turned off of Fates when I was playing it by the difficulty bifurcation. Specifically, I played Hard for a lot of levels and found it aggravating but doable with a lot of extremely over-specialized enemy setups (every archer has counterattack, here's a cave with ninjas who all have... some dumb special skill that I forget).

I gave up at the fight with the Archer kid on a massive, open map where it was impossible to manage enemy movement and the enemies were wall-to-wall gimmick rules characters. I never even got up to the building he was on.

Then when I turned the difficulty down, it was completely trivial to the point of being literally no fun at all to play.

How does Three Houses difficulty compare, and how much of the difficulty is 'this map is hard' vs. 'every enemy on this map is a min-maxed set of abilities that requires One Dumb Trick to deal with'? I thought Awakening was fun when I played it, which I'm pretty sure I played on hard. I like the tactical gameplay, but I'm not good enough to keep up with the game when it really wants to get Hard, and Fates didn't really have a good middle ground.

Three Houses has a completely different map design philosophy from Fates. They aren't even really comparable.

That said, the consensus right now is that series vets should play hard and newbies should play normal. You can lower difficulty mid-play but can't raise it. Higher difficulties are coming as free DLC further down the line.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Hard by endgame ended up being trying to reduce combat encounters by quantity because no one can take more than one battle, but that could also be partly a playstyle thing where I went hard in speedsters with just two tanks (edelgard, byleth) and 0 fliers.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013

Charlie Bobson posted:

i didn't know that but i hate hubert for 73 different reasons already (which feels like an intended response to the character) so i'll just add that to the top of the pile
"drat that Oberstein!"

Anyways, anyone know if there's any reason to keep a spare Fodlandy Fish (the really rare purple ones that sell for 2k and I've only seen appear on "Fish of Mystery" days along with the 1.5k rainbow Goddess Messenger) around? I've keeping a Goddess Messenger just in case I need one for a reciepe, but as far as I can see no recipe involves a Fodlandy.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
Okay, I have no idea how to give Hubert the drat flowers he wants for this quest of his. Clearly it's not normal gift-type flowers no matter what the quest implies. But there are no items I can find lying around the monastery that look like related quest items, either. What heck?

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Okay, I have no idea how to give Hubert the drat flowers he wants for this quest of his. Clearly it's not normal gift-type flowers no matter what the quest implies. But there are no items I can find lying around the monastery that look like related quest items, either. What heck?

There's an item point in front of the greenhouse that gives you the correct flower.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
They are just a quest item sparkling on the ground somewhere. If you look at the map you should see a gold glow where they are

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

There should be a glowy spot on the map indicating the item you missed

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I've been all over the greenhouse, inside and out, and there's no golden glow on the minimap like there usually are for quest items...

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I've been all over the greenhouse, inside and out, and there's no golden glow on the minimap like there usually are for quest items...

Did you pick it up already on accident? It's a carnation if I remember correctly.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

i actually like hubert precisely because he's a loving disney villain to everyone but edelgard. the black eagles are just such a gang of misfits :allears:

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

God drat am I having it rough with BE Chapter 14 The Master Tactician. The timeskip fights are really giving me a headscratcher or two with my team composition of fragile deathdealers lead by the invincible woman.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Welp Ignatz, you're currently topping out 7 damage with your bow. At this point in my eagle's game Benie was doubling people for 11 a hit. Looks like that dream of becoming a knight is gonna pan out. Now lets see if I can't convince Bernie to change houses...

Chocolate Bunny
Jan 13, 2019
Hubert is the Evil Chancellor/Vizier except he's actually loyal to his ruler and it owns. Hubert's great.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I couldn't recruit Felix at C-support until I got my Swords to C+, so there's that bit of weirdness. I guess since Professor is "supposed" to be a sword-person, they raise the sword requirement like they lower the requirements for the more annoying-to-raise skills.

Detective No. 27 posted:

So far the only person Felix hasn't been overtly antagonistic to is Annette. He was only accidentally antagonistic to her.

He's not antagonistic to Lysithea in their C-rank, mostly because the entire thing is Lysithea freaking out over being caught eating cake while Felix is completely befuddled the entire time. Don't know if that changes for their B, though.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
What does your class actually *do* besides the abilities you get as you master it?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

affects your stat gain chances i think

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

mancalamania posted:

What does your class actually *do* besides the abilities you get as you master it?

Modifies your growth rates (generally pretty minor) and your bass stats (can be huge, i.e. fortress knight)

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

mancalamania posted:

Adds/subtracts to stat gain % chance, change movement range, allows/disallows magic, has innate abilities.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

mancalamania posted:

Also provides some abilities as part of the class, bonusee to particular skills experience, controls whether you can use magic or not. Might also provide some spells independent of Faith/Reason but I am confused as to details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Mega64 posted:

He's not antagonistic to Lysithea in their C-rank, mostly because the entire thing is Lysithea freaking out over being caught eating cake while Felix is completely befuddled the entire time. Don't know if that changes for their B, though.

I like how she tries to bribe him with cake to get him to look the other way, all the while he’s insisting he hates sweets