Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Firos posted:

If I've learned anything from listening to a million podcasts it's that you get everyone to record locally.

Yeah if you can all figure out local recording and some way of sharing the files then since you're editing anyway then it's a real improvement (so I have heard).

11 is the number of podcast hosts referred to as 'way too loving many for one show'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

Please use decent mics, tia.
Snowball blue is probably the best balance between cheap / good for beginners.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

WhatEvil posted:

https://twitter.com/WhatEvil/status/1157028410398584832?s=20

Posting my own tweets, but I think the end part of this vid is like, the absolute fundamental explanation of what British chips are.

This guy puts so much energy into describing the shittiest kind of chips.

"OK we're going to fry these potatoes now but for some loving reason you don't want the end product to be greasy or crunchy in any way and it's basically like eating a bunch of boiled potatoes with a weird skin on, because we hate things which are fun to eat"

Also I reject any world where you can't put at least 2 of those chip toppers on at the same time.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Also cheesy chips always sound nice and always end up being poo poo so they can safely go. Chips and gravy and chips and curry sauce are both abominations, which leaves chips and peas as the only sensible choice.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Fries topped with pulled pork and cheese are godly. Just don't eat it often.

Coohoolin posted:

Alright so we have a volunteer for editing. If someone has any hot tips on how to record a conference call, I'll be happy to see if I can set something up with the gear i have (zoom 4 and basic mixing desk), but if someone else has a better idea let us know!

https://www.vb-audio.com/

I forget which app from that site is the right one, there's some overlap but basically you have virtual audio cables where the playback device is marked as "input", you set it as the speaker for your audio source, then you have a recording device as an "output" this is what you have your software use as a mic/line input. If that's confusing it's because it loving well is and they flipped input and output round but it makes sense from the devs viewpoint and once you get it working. Then you go to try and set it up again later and forget how it all works because they have the input as an output and the output as an input and which loving one is the recording device and which is the playback again?

Also don't mix bitrates, it REALLY doesn't like that, when I tried recording from discord into audacity using this it broke my Zoom G5's ASIO drivers that weren't even running at the time.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

namesake posted:

Yeah if you can all figure out local recording and some way of sharing the files then since you're editing anyway then it's a real improvement (so I have heard).

11 is the number of podcast hosts referred to as 'way too loving many for one show'.

Also these two, listen to them and only use virtual cables if you have no other option.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Firos posted:

If I've learned anything from listening to a million podcasts it's that you get everyone to record locally.

Yeah, was gonna post this.

Get everyone involved to download Audacity, and then send you the completed wav when finished, you line them all up and work out what adjustments need made to each track.
Everyone should have headphones though, otherwise difficulty increases massively.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Ok so local recordings, share the files on a Google drive, cut em together, release on soundcloud. Reckon we can start with 3 or 4 people, so if you have local recording ability confirm and we can kick it off!

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

mehall posted:

Yeah, was gonna post this.

Get everyone involved to download Audacity, and then send you the completed wav when finished, you line them all up and work out what adjustments need made to each track.
Everyone should have headphones though, otherwise difficulty increases massively.

Also get each person to spend at least 20 quid on a proper stand alone desk or stand-mounted mic.

Even something like this is gonna be miles ahead of a typical headset mic for sound quality:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/microphone...=gateway&sr=8-6

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Lol why the hell not. I can even steal that same snowball mic from my other half.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird

Azza Bamboo posted:

What is Kingfisher?

Bardeh posted:

Reads like an internal codename for some sort of aid program they'll fund for No Deal impact mitigation.
I was going to make a cheap joke about the Fisher King getting stabbed in the junk being a totally appropriate metaphor for the situation, but, uh, dude lives in Castle Corbin with the Holy Grail :tinfoil:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

There was a brexiteer on O'Briens show a few weeks ago saying the UK should go back to using newspaper for chips.
It's better than what we use newspaper for now.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
How horny will the UKMT podcast be?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Logo will be in the shape of a buttplug with an upside down union flag motif.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Angepain posted:

I see there is a discussion about what to put on chips. this means it is mandatory for someone from Edinburgh to pipe up about Edinburgh chippy sauce and for everyone else to say how crap and/or disgusting it is and for the Edinburgh person to refuse to countenance any downtalking of the Great Somewhat Edible Condiment until the entire conversation is united around what twats people from Edinburgh are in various ways and forcing the interloper out by throwing things at them until they somehow manage to gently caress off back to england and scotland simultaneously as is demanded of them by various quarters

i volunteer as tribute. salt and sauce is great

Salt and sauce is one of the things I miss most about Edinburgh. I've tried to replicate it by mixing 50/50 HP and white vinegar. Comes close but not close enough. I'm sure gravy/curry/cheese is fine but proper chippy sauce is spot on.

Clamshell on the high street btw.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Bardeh posted:

Also cheesy chips always sound nice and always end up being poo poo so they can safely go. Chips and gravy and chips and curry sauce are both abominations, which leaves chips and peas as the only sensible choice.

90% of chippies just chuck a handful of cheese on top of the chips so it doesn't melt properly but just kind of congeals a bit. The secret to a godly cheesy chips is layering - if there isn't at least one layer of cheese in the middle of the chips then they can :getout:

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Name should be United Kingdom Mega Pod - UKMP

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Coohoolin posted:

Ok so local recordings, share the files on a Google drive, cut em together, release on soundcloud. Reckon we can start with 3 or 4 people, so if you have local recording ability confirm and we can kick it off!

Yeah I'll get involved. Hope I'm around whenever it's happening though!

Firos posted:

Name should be United Kingdom Mega Pod - UKMP

Actually a pretty good name.

Edit: P is stored in the calls.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

lol just knock another loving quarter off the pound

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Second Month
Boris informs country via carrier pigeons that everything is going great and the EU will break any moment.
Tabloids praise Boris for feeding country with carrier pigeons.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sounds like Walter White's product with a name like that tbh

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

Sounds like Walter White's product with a name like that tbh

Got our first sponsor.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
definitely subscribing to UKMP if it'll teach me how to cook meth

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Julio Cruz posted:

responsibly

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Thanks thread it's nearly midnight and I'm hungry as gently caress for chips now

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

RabidWeasel posted:

Thanks thread it's nearly midnight and I'm hungry as gently caress for meth now

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Chips and meth is surprise winner of chip poll.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/bloonface/status/1156924934083567617?s=20

E: I really shouldn't post this poo poo with Ms. A in the thread should I?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I volunteer to be the EU superstud.

But surprise, during the duet I pull off the blue and yellow rubber to reveal the red and black beneath and the terrible truth that I am in fact the communist bear

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

WhatEvil posted:

https://twitter.com/bloonface/status/1156924934083567617?s=20

E: I really shouldn't post this poo poo with Ms. A in the thread should I?

Please, I have some standards.

As if I'd gently caress a Kryptonian who doesn't serve General Zod.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is there a non ML version of soyuz nerushimy given the number of revisions it underwent because I would like that to be my theme song mostly because I already know about half the words and it's in my range.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Julio Cruz posted:

Well there's my intro episode.

Ms Adequate posted:

Please, I have some standards.

As if I'd gently caress a Kryptonian who doesn't serve General Zod.
No, it's EU Supergirl, friends with AryanWhiteWolf or something, which is very not racist.

e: AlbaWhiteWolf. Still definitely non nazifur.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
And now on BBC1, Cooking with Meth! With Phil Mitchell.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
curry chips are just a mediocre currywurst missing the sausage

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Excited at the prospect of a UKMT podcast, even with the reputation of goon projects.

I would suggest as an early topic, or perhaps as a way to get to know everyone; "the tweet that got me blocked by Frances Weetman." Antagonising her will definitely lead to free advertising.

Literally never seen mushy peas and chips without fish. The other three are all great, although bagged grated cheese on chips tends to be pretty bad, a nacho cheese sauce or grated and then grilled cheese is best. Positive is superb, gravy and cheese together us good enough. It's a precious thing to find the chippy/Chinese that combines the right sort of chip and curry sauce.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Aug 2, 2019

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

bump_fn posted:

curry chips are just a mediocre currywurst missing the sausage

Always order a curry, rice &Chips from the chippy and then just add the sausage. It's not that complicated

Was always one of my most fav hangover scrans tbh

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I've never been to a chippy that sold rice

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Which is a little odd because I'm surprised deep fried rice isn't a thing.

Kind want to try deep fried rice and scraps tbh.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Before doing a UKMT podcast recording for propers I would recommend a bit of talking in the discord for a bit to get used to each others' voices / cadence and just generally conference calling.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Before doing a UKMT podcast recording for propers I would recommend

OwlFancier posted:

deep fried rice

Because that sounds loving delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

also remember the entire point of clappers in movies was to help sync the audio: something to consider when beginning local recordings as it helps the editor deal with 3-4 people who probably didn't all press record exactly 4 seconds before the beginning of the main audio for the podcast/discussion