Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Tarnop posted:

I've never been to a chippy that sold rice

Oh yeah Ifoeget that some places don't have Chinese chippys.

Pretty much every chippy in Liverpool is always a Chinese chippy. You only get a few "proper" chippys and they always sell the best fish!
This one place in town does deep fried haggis and it is lush as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Solefald posted:

Always order a curry, rice &Chips from the chippy and then just add the sausage. It's not that complicated

Was always one of my most fav hangover scrans tbh

rice AND chips jfc

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

That said, the chips from my local Chinese are really good, as is the curry sauce. Tomorrow's tea sorted.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Tesseraction posted:

also remember the entire point of clappers in movies was to help sync the audio: something to consider when beginning local recordings as it helps the editor deal with 3-4 people who probably didn't all press record exactly 4 seconds before the beginning of the main audio for the podcast/discussion

Aye I figured, counting in one, two, three, and then everyone claps three times or something. I reckon this'll work!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Tesseraction posted:

also remember the entire point of clappers in movies was to help sync the audio: something to consider when beginning local recordings as it helps the editor deal with 3-4 people who probably didn't all press record exactly 4 seconds before the beginning of the main audio for the podcast/discussion

Also helps the editor deliberately put their least favourite person exactly one second late so it seems like they're perpetually slow on the uptake

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Vile scumbag Alan Sugar:
I've reported this tweet for being offensive (read the comments under it to understand why) Ed: This is the only tweet I have ever reported.

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/1156897022265430018

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 2, 2019

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Vile scumbag Alan Sugar:
I've reported this tweet for being offensive (read the comments under it to understand why) Ed: This is the only tweet I have ever reported.

the tweet is utterly abhorrent but lol:

https://twitter.com/georgegalloway/status/1157030381184606212

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Vile scumbag Alan Sugar:

Lol at George Galloway asking the Pope to tell off lord sugar

Hah, beaten

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Why exactly hasn't she joined the Lib Dems yet?

https://twitter.com/heidiallen75/status/1157051873721036807

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Catte tax:

Gato Resistance” - Puerto Rico 7/2019

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/xtophercook/status/1157036526615912459?s=21

Christ, they're such blatant wreckers.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
disaster capitalism is good business for them so

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

I'm assuming it's easy enough to record a voice chat or something? The first one could just be a round up of the weekly news, someone to host/curate/keep things on topic. We'd also immediately be somewhat popular because as an SA project we'd be chapo/hbomb/Shaun adjacent

Yes, goon projects are notorious for their success.

Still, I think it’s a good idea (if for no other reason than to hear Coohoolin’s affected Scottish accent), and it should obviously be called “Do You Have Stairs In Your House?”

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Have Ye Stairs In Yer Hoose, Mac

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yes, goon projects are notorious for their success.

Still, I think it’s a good idea (if for no other reason than to hear Coohoolin’s affected Scottish accent), and it should obviously be called “Do You Have Stairs In Your House?”

My incredibly sexy dulcet tones will make the podcast a success with the thirstiest of parasocial seeking shut-ins.

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Trin Tragula posted:

Have Ye Stairs In Yer Hoose, Mac

Donald Whaur's Yer Hoose Stairs

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Chippie Trap Hoose

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Everyone hates Boris

https://twitter.com/ashcowburn/status/1156958141063532544

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bozza legeerrrnrnnnddddddddddd

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Re: Chip chat.

The answer down here in Australia would be Chicken Salt :australia:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

OTOH:

quote:

Mr Johnson also has a personal lead of 25 points over Mr Corbyn on the question of who would make the most capable prime minister, with 52 per cent choosing the Tory leader and 27 per cent opting for his Labour rival. Mr Corbyn’s approval rating is a lowly -50, and 62 per cent of voters think Labour should change its leader before the next general election. 

GJ glorious britane

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

Helith posted:

Re: Chip chat.

The answer down here in Australia would be Chicken Salt :australia:

Is that like aromat or something because I've been putting aromat and other maggi seasonings on my fries since I was a kid

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Coohoolin posted:

Is that like aromat or something because I've been putting aromat and other maggi seasonings on my fries since I was a kid

Did a quick google of aromat as I'd not heard of it before. Seems similar, but will probably taste a bit different as it'll have a different spice blend in it I think.
The original Chicken Salt made by Mitani is vegetarian and was initially made as a seasoning for chicken but it gets used on hot chips now. Other brands of chicken salt actually add chicken to the salt.
It's delicious but as a northerner originally I do like chips and gravy tbh.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Yeah they had it in Gourmet Burger Kitchen when I was there last, 'hei hei salt'. It's just spicy/savoury salt really. You could probably get the same effect by grinding up a stock cube and adding a bit of spice like cumin and paprika or something.

E: Yeah that Mitani chicken salt stuff is 'Sea Salt (82%), Rice Flour, Spices, Vegetable Powders (Onion, Garlic Natural Flavour, Yeast Extract, Anticaking Agent (551).' so I wasn't far off.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wywcAfUnveU

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Lib Dem’s win Brecon.

Jane Dodds - Lib Dem - 13,826 (43.4%)
Chris Davies - Con - 12,401 (39%)
Des Parkinson - Brexit - 3,331 (10.5%)
Tom Davies - Labour - 1,680 (5.3%)
Lady Lily The Pink - Loony - 334 (1%)
Liz Phillips - UKIP - 242 (0.8%)

I still don’t understand why the Tories re-ran Chris Davies. I can only assume it was a parting gently caress You from the previous party leadership who wanted to reduce the working majority.

Fourth place for Labour isn’t great.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

I think a by-election in a tory-LD marginal was only ever going to end up that way. Turnout seems a bit weak.

Looking forward to the media focusing heavily on the Labour performance and playing down the majority of one, government on the edge of being kicked out...

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
A majority of one can't be workable surely?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

winegums posted:

I think a by-election in a tory-LD marginal was only ever going to end up that way. Turnout seems a bit weak.

Looking forward to the media focusing heavily on the Labour performance and playing down the majority of one, government on the edge of being kicked out...

Turnout was just under 60%, that’s not bad for a by-election. Doesn’t bode well for the general public’s reception of Labour’s current Brexit policy does it though?

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Milotic posted:

Turnout was just under 60%, that’s not bad for a by-election. Doesn’t bode well for the general public’s reception of Labour’s current Brexit policy does it though?

Everything outside of actual GE terms is profound speculation. I'm just glad the Tories lost a seat.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure if the seat is mostly tory/lib that labour's ever gonna be on the table.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.

Milotic posted:

The seat has seen Labour in third place since 1985. Fourth place was predicted with BXP in the mix.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Milotic posted:

They were 'only' down from 17% in 2017, in a contest that was pitched in the media as Boris Honeymoon vs Lib Dem Fightback and where the Greens and Plaid explicitly said they weren't putting up candidates to boost the chances of a remain win. Not really sure there's much to read into it either way.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

God can you imagine what life must be like in a tory/lib marginal? How do you breathe from all the loving tarquins around?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Pilchenstein posted:

"Aye Boris I'm gonnae need a wee pinch of that £2 billion or I'm not voting for ye."
"Then we'll withdraw the whip!"
"Aye, an' hi's a majority of zero gonnae work out for ye, ya absolute weapon?"

And the fact they've sabotaged the pairing arrangement means no fucker can get sick or be abroad on government work or be at home in their constituency if there's a crisis etc. etc., amazing job.

Soviets to the left of me, BXP to the right. And here I am, a completely useless twat called de Pfeffel.

e; Torygraph is absolutely raging tomorrow because Carney had the temerity to reiterate that "Brexit might be bad for the economy lads", they're saying he's sabotaging negotiations :laugh:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Aug 2, 2019

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Boris Johnson's talk of a no-deal Brexit doesn't seem to have worked on the Brexit party voters in that by-election. If most of the Brexit party voters had voted Con, then Chris Davies would have won the seat.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

God can you imagine what life must be like in a tory/lib marginal? How do you breathe from all the loving tarquins around?

Do you think parents round there ever get into a fight about whether to call the kid Tarquin or Jolyom?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Pilchenstein posted:

It's officially one but more accurately three because Charlie Elphicke isn't counted in the government numbers due to being suspended from the party (until they need him again lol)

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Coohoolin posted:

Donald Whaur's Yer Hoose Stairs

Johnnie Cope, Are Ye Havin' Stairs Yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Technically they have a working majority of one but that's counting a suspended Tory MP as one of the opposition. Its really more like a working majority of three.