Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
rex rabidorum vires (until 11:31 AM EST)
corn on the cop
Jamwad Hilder
eXXon
Teemu Pokemon

Skipped:
T-Bone (x2)
Ginette Reno (x2)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
The Carolina Spreadsheets will learn to ctrl + f and be right back

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Joseph was already selected

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The Carolina Spreadsheets would like to select Mathieu Joseph. 26 points in 11 minutes a night. Slight defensive zone split and a few shorthanded goals. Unfortunately he doesn't create a ton of shots/60 and his high dangers splits are in his favor and that's with some not so good line mates. I don't think he'll explode like Mangianpane might, but in an increase roll with higher quality line mates it isn't far fetched to see Joseph hit 40pts.

you're about sixty picks late my friend

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
these are mistakes i would make, if i did not know how to ctrl-f

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

It's not my turn but I'd like to select Connor McDavid. Surely nobody's taken him, right?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

corn on the cop posted:

these are mistakes i would make, if i did not know how to ctrl-f

I'm surprised I haven't done it yet but hey we're only half way, plenty of time left

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Kilza posted:

It's not my turn but I'd like to select Connor McDavid. Surely nobody's taken him, right?

we reusing jokes for reused picks now too?

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i mean it's an honest mistake but it feels like we've had about a half-dozen double picks

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
You all stink. Richard Panik. He's just kinda good'ish at everything. Whatever. :toot:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Defensive options are looking bleakish. Adam Pelech is a solid shutdown guy who can stabilize the top-4. He and de Haan are kinda samey so we'll shift de Haan and Ellis to give us two reliable pairings.

Reilly Smith - Steven Stamkos - Justin Williams
Zach Hyman - Matt Duchene - Robert Thomas
Andrew Mangiapane - Anthony Cirelli - XXXXXXXXXX

Mark Giordano - Calvin de Haan
Adam Pelech - Ryan Ellis

Carter Hutton

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Double picking is for cool kids who don't spend the day F5ing the spreadsheet :dukedog:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm gonna go with Radko Gudas and Jared McCann

Connor-MacKinnon-Terry
Gusev-Hischier-Kovalchuk
McCann-Borgstrom-?
?-?-?
?-?

Morrissey-Ekblad
Girard-Gudas
?-?
?

Binnington
?

Head Coach: ?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

T-Bone posted:

Connor-MacKinnon-Terry

Every time I see this I think two things: 1) how did you manage to get McDavid and MacKinnon?? and 2) who the gently caress is Troy Terry?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
in theory, someone has to score for Anaheim

That and he was trending really well in his limited time last year / great in the AHL, but yeah we'll see

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Plus you have a shootout hero iirc

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Not as big of a shootout hero as TJ Oshie, though.

Next:
Jamwad Hilder (until 12:00 PM EST)
eXXon
Teemu Pokemon
EL BROMANCE
Jordan7hm

Skipped:
Ginette Reno (x2)

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Trying to piece a defense here off the junk heap, and I think that right now Alec Martinez is one of my better options. His cap hit isn't too high, his contract only runs through 2021 which helps with all my RFA guys, he's not too old, and he can play good minutes for me. His fancy numbers are down but the Kings have also sucked poo poo recently so it's hard to say how much of that is his fault.

Ehlers - Dubois - Kucherov
Donato - Backstrom - Oshie
Tolvanen - Coyle - Joseph

Nurse - Schultz
Martinez - X

Hellebuyck

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Noah Dobson will be Pietrangelo-lite in a couple of years. He might even start in the NHL this year given the Islanders' lack of studly D and the fact that he's too young to play in the AHL and too good for the CHL.

Tkachuk-Barkov-Granlund
- Stepan - Boeser
- Necas - Donskoi

Theodore - Parayko
Gardiner - Dobson
Byram

Andersen

Give me all of your left wingers.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Rangers select Trevor Van Riemsdyk

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

I'm not entirely certain when EL BROMANCE picked this morning, but

Jordan7hm is up
fawning deference
Ergo Propter Hog
lazerwolf
FBS

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Sorry guys I've been on vacation. Let me get my bearings here and I'll edit in a couple picks.

Ok, I'll take Conor Garland who is young and flashed some nice goal scoring skill in Arizona. I'll also take from Dallas Radek Faksa

Benn-McDavid
Fiala-Hayes
Byron-Kerfoot
Garland-Faksa

Dumoulin-Letang
Gostisbehere-Weber

Gibson

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 2, 2019

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Gonna take Alex Goligoski. Expensive but still good, and only 2 seasons left on the deal. When we need to pay Brady, Alex is off the books.

Gallagher - Crosby - Kreider
Tkachuk - Skinner - Hinostroza
Lowry - Simon

Karlsson - Manson
Risto - Goligoski

Jones

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

JawKnee posted:

I'm not entirely certain when EL BROMANCE picked this morning, but

Jordan7hm is up
fawning deference
Ergo Propter Hog
lazerwolf
FBS

Just a few minutes ago, juggling with a few things at once. The Panthers pick Brock Lesnar McGinn.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'm gonna take Kristian Vesalainen. Only 20 but already has size and skill and had nice numbers in the A and K.

Zuccarello-O'Reilly-Mantha
Voracek-Hughes-Connolly
Vesalainen-Jarnkrok

Hronek-Klingberg
Severson-Fox

Varlamov

I like my team

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Ergo Propter Hog is up until 2pm EST
lazerwolf
FBS
Kuule hain nussivan
JawKnee

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Braydon Coburn

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Vegas selects MARCUS SÖRENSEN

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The Ducks welcome back French Jesus, Mathieu Perreault. Last season was disappointing for Matty P, he only put up 15-15-30 but his ice time was cut down significantly because his coach is a moron. He's still an effective and versatile player and he still makes his teammates better when he's on the ice. He's 31 but I think he can bounce back to a 40-point-pace middle six guy if he's deployed effectively. FIRE PAUL MAURICE

E. Kane - Aho - Stone
Johnsson - D. Strome - Vatrano
Perreault - Sundqvist - x

Ekman-Larsson - Mayfield
Ekholm - Larsson

Saros

FBS fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 2, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

FBS posted:

The Ducks welcome back French Jesus, Mathieu Perreault. Last season was disappointing for Matty P, he only put up 15-15-30 but his ice time was cut down significantly because his coach is a moron. He's still an effective and versatile player and he still makes his teammates better when he's on the ice. He's 31 but I think he can bounce back to a 40-point-pace middle six guy if he's deployed effectively. FIRE PAUL MAURICE

E. Kane - Aho - Stone

Ekman-Larsson - Mayfield
Ekholm - Larsson

Saros

Team Sweden itt

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

FBS posted:

E. Kane - Aho - Stone

Ekman-Larsson - Mayfield
Ekholm - Larsson

Saros

Ekman-Larrson and Ekholm and Larsson is a master stroke

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I was debating between Vesalainen and Perreault but ultimately didn't think either would get back to me and I wanted a younger talent.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

fawning deference posted:

I was debating between Vesalainen and Perreault but ultimately didn't think either would get back to me and I wanted a younger talent.

Vesalainen is a great pick, he's going to have a huge opportunity with the Jets this season and we pretty badly need him to succeed right away

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

WeaponX posted:

Ekman-Larsson and Ekholm and Larsson is a master stroke

Speaking of which, Ekman retired at 35 after a stroke.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

FBS posted:

Vesalainen is a great pick, he's going to have a huge opportunity with the Jets this season and we pretty badly need him to succeed right away

Yeah, I leaned towards Vesy because I think this is the year he gets his big shot and considering he's 6'3" 210 and put up solid numbers in the AHL/KHL, I can certainly see him putting up something like 20-20-40 this year.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Defensive options are starting to get pretty slim, so the Avs choose Tyler Myers!

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Slotting in on either the 4th line C or 3rd line RW, the Canucks are going to select Ryan Strome. Honestly I'm kind of surprised he's still available

26 years old, and after some lackluster years on the Edmonton Oilers he seems to have figured things out in New York, and hopefully will put up better numbers this year

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

This pick makes me feel gross as I'm picking yet another Flame, but I'll select Derek Ryan to be either my 4C or 3C depending on how the rest of my picks go.

Nyquist - Monahan - Wheeler
Johansson - Trocheck - White
x - Steel - x
x - Ryan - x

Hedman - Petry
McNabb - Miller

Raanta

Next up:
Drunk Canuck (until 5:15 PM EST)
Jonathan Fisk
stab
WeaponX
VOTE1

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

drat I wanted Ryan. He is also a faceoff winning machine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kilza posted:

This pick makes me feel gross as I'm picking yet another Flame, but I'll select Derek Ryan to be either my 4C or 3C depending on how the rest of my picks go.

Nyquist - Monahan - Wheeler
Johansson - Trocheck - White
x - Steel - x
x - Ryan - x

Hedman - Petry
McNabb - Miller

Raanta

Next up:
Drunk Canuck (until 5:15 PM EST)
Jonathan Fisk
stab
WeaponX