Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

Maybe not making up strawmen and hyperbole about what I'm typing? For a start.

Like you could literally stop replying to me, but watching people replying with "why do you keep replying" is great.

So your response is that the only acceptable means of criticizing the posts you make is to not criticize you at all.

And you call everyone else fragile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jaxyon posted:

Maybe not making up strawmen and hyperbole about what I'm typing? For a start.

Like you could literally stop replying to me, but watching people replying with "why do you keep replying" is great.

Yes, you're concern trolling.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Trabisnikof posted:

So your response is that the only acceptable means of criticizing the posts you make is to not criticize you at all.

And you call everyone else fragile.

No, you can totally continue criticising me, people who can only do it by making up poo poo are pretty fragile yes.

Majorian posted:

Yes, you're concern trolling.

Nope.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

VH4Ever posted:

I see you're not familiar with Uglycat's posts.

Is this thread slowly turning into: "So, I see you are not familiar with [Uglycat's, Nonsense's, Redneck Nazgul's, Calibanibal's, that other one's, ...] posts".

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pembroke Fuse posted:

Is this thread slowly turning into: "So, I see you are not familiar with [Uglycat's, Nonsense's, Redneck Nazgul's, Calibanibal's, that other one's, ...] posts".

Can't turn into something it's always been.

But yes, there are a great many gimmick posters.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Calibanibal posted:

I 100% believe that Jaxyon's anti-yelling friends are real. And I deeply sympathize with their cause.

presently synchronizing my qi aura with jaxyon's to end the scourge of loud old jewish guys forever

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Jaxyon posted:

My actual stance is "I don't know if it's a big issue but the people in this thread are very fragile on literally any disagreement when it comes to whomever they stan for"

Your actual stance is that you "don't know" if the volume of a persons voice is a big issue in a presidential election?

I dont know if these people are real, but now I know you are as stupid as they are.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

spunkshui posted:

Your actual stance is that you "don't know" if the volume of a persons voice is a big issue in a presidential election?

I dont know if these people are real, but now I know you are as stupid as they are.

I don't have data. Neither do you. Sorry for being honest, I guess.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Jaxyon posted:

I don't have data. Neither do you. Sorry for being honest, I guess.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
To be very clear, I think the fact that you idiots can't stop posting about me saying "oh yeah, I've heard people have an issue with his yelling" isn't because I think you're hiding a secret fear or motivation, and very much because you can't help but shout down anything at all that even sounds critical of your guy. Even if the person in question started out the conversation by saying "I don't know if it's a big deal".

Here's my original post for perspective.

Jaxyon posted:

A lot of women I know get upset about him yelling.

I don't think it's going to cost him their votes but one should consider how different people view an action.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Y'all seriously can't hear how big an issue Bernie sometimes being loud about things is?

Bernie stans getting so deluded their apt to shatter before their God's booming baritone. You drat fools always ignore the real issues in favor of 'economic anxiety' to your own peril.

Just take the L on this poignant criticism, not the YELL.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

To be very clear, I think the fact that you idiots can't stop posting about me saying "oh yeah, I've heard people have an issue with his yelling" isn't because I think you're hiding a secret fear or motivation, and very much because you can't help but shout down anything at all that even sounds critical of your guy. Even if the person in question started out the conversation by saying "I don't know if it's a big deal".

Here's my original post for perspective.

And you got a whole one (1) response to it.

No one really gave a poo poo about you until you decided to throw in the horseshit "ah, I see we can't criticize Bernie" shtick.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Edit: Jesus I decided to keep reading and this doofus is actually arguing that forcing poor people off of SNAP benefits is good because it will incentivize the lazy proles to get jobs. Ignoring, of course, that most people on SNAP have jobs.

SNAP generally currently has work requirements for people on it between 18-49.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Oh Snapple! posted:

And you got a whole one (1) response to it.

No one really gave a poo poo about you until you decided to throw in the horseshit "ah, I see we can't criticize Bernie" shtick.

Yeah, and 4 posters immediately told me how wrong i was on that!

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

Ok come on, it’s blatant you’re conflating denying they exist and denying they matter.

The NoYelling Voters don’t matter to the primary.

Who are these goons who say yelling is the issue that they will stake their vote on? Point me to their posts because I’m starting to feel in my heart they are as twisted and evil as Paul Krugman.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Jaxyon posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/460673146451161088?lang=en

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Guys, we cant make any judgments without data.

Maybe its extremely important the person running for president ties their shoes without bunny loops.

WE JUST DONT KNOW.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

gently caress, I was solidly behind you right up until you started exclaiming about it. It's maybe a big issue and possibly important we keep a calm, even keel about this - yes, even in text - please just accept this incredibly reasonable criticism.

*: I'm so sorry, I got animated about this maybe very important thing and exclaimed too. It's just when things matter and affect the lives of countless millions of people in an uncaring world that does its best to pretend all's well sometimes you might say things with genuine emotion.

hobotrashcanfires fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Aug 2, 2019

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

sexpig by night posted:

I'm just happy Shaun has found a cop he won't collaborate with.

explain

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

hobotrashcanfires posted:

gently caress, I was solidly behind you right up until you started exclaiming about it. It's maybe a big issue and possibly important we keep a calm, even keep about this - yes, even in text! - please just accept tgis incredibly reasonable criticism.

No, it isn't a big issue, and no, it isn't important, and your opinion that it is is based on literally absolutely nothing

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

I hope Bernie yells louder :berninator:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

look i just said someone told me once that bernie drinks horse piss. im not saying he does, i've just heard it from some people. and yet everyone in the thread is yelling at me because i just repeated what some people told me. 5 whole posters jumped down my throat by saying "bernie doesnt drink horse piss." really revealing how fragile these bernie stans truly are, they can brook no dissent.

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

crazy cloud posted:

No, it isn't a big issue, and no, it isn't important, and your opinion that it is is based on literally absolutely nothing

I'm sorry please see my edit for clarification!

Oh poo poo I post yelled again! You Bernie stans are the worst (diminutive whisper) stop infecting me with passion.

hobotrashcanfires fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 2, 2019

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think that a guy who believes our country is hosed and needs foundational rebuilding should quietly state his case as it is clear that decorum is what the road to change is paved with instead of blowing out my fiancee's eardrums with an acknowledgement of suffering she doesn't personally experience. FTW.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

look i just said someone told me once that bernie drinks horse piss. im not saying he does, i've just heard it from some people. and yet everyone in the thread is yelling at me because i just repeated what some people told me. 5 whole posters jumped down my throat by saying "bernie doesnt drink horse piss." really revealing how fragile these bernie stans truly are, they can brook no dissent.

This is like equating a speeding ticket to sexual assault.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

"I don't like a thing about a candidate"

is basically exactly the same as "he drinks horse piss".

No I'm not fragile about this at all and please stop posting about it.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Jaxyon posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/955929478009704449?lang=en

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
It's very important that I explain why people who feel a certain way about a thing have incorrect feelings and are in fact secret Republicans who hate M4A.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Don't forget that-

-Mayor Butt is cool and good and totally not a glassy-eyed sociopath who will sell us all down the river to stay in office

Well hold on, that's all a value judgment. Maybe that's the case and maybe not, but we can get there in time. I would first like to clear up the apparent referendum about Trash Eating vs. Talking Loud which is normal and not loving weird as hell, in the shift-key politics forum.

Pembroke Fuse
Dec 29, 2008

Majorian posted:

Can't turn into something it's always been.

But yes, there are a great many gimmick posters.

Maybe we're all gimmick posters and none of us believe any of the things we're saying. Whoa dude, look at the size of my hands.

Honestly, public discourse on the internet a vastly alienating and alienated place in some ways.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Jaxyon posted:

It's very important that I explain why people who feel a certain way about a thing have incorrect feelings and are in fact secret Republicans who hate M4A.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473815588503293952?lang=en

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

I'm not trying to wield it as a cudgel. It's really wierd that you treat disagreement this way.

I mean I kinda expected that people would just be "well I can see how some people respond that way" but wow was that not the case.

It is truly unfortunate you have a post history on somethingawful. Nevertheless,

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Helsing posted:

Great, now you made me google "political ASMR" out of morbid curiosity and now I know that this exists

bro you haven't even begun to gaze into the ASMR abyss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Jf1QDAAbg

hobotrashcanfires
Jul 24, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

I thought it wasnt you, you just couldn't tell whether it was a big issue or not (drat tough call, I know!)

People think you're a troll because the alternative is your politics are the shallowest facsimile of woke they can imagine a mind can manage.

I think you've just managed to find a way for both to co-exist within you. Maybe one day you'll stumble onto a Bernie criticism that's valid and worth discussing (they exist! Many who support him even think so!) Bonus points if its something every other candidate isn't worse on... Good luck there though, thats kinda half the drat problem.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I dont even dispute that Bernie licks the fountain drink dispensers at the RaceTrac. We've all seen the pictures. But aren't there more substantive criticisms

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Willie Tomg posted:

It is truly unfortunate you have a post history on somethingawful. Nevertheless,

Yes, it is I, the secret Delaney-stan

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

sexpig by night posted:

Shaun came to Houston after a 7 year old black girl was shot in a drive-by, every witness described a white man with a red truck, including one who chased said red truck. Shaun comes in and sets up a huge reward for info and then within a week he passes on an 'anonymous tip' no one's ever validated payment to to the HPD who went on to arrest...two rando black guys...Shaun tried to be mr 'I'm happy I could help' and then local activists said 'uh hey what the gently caress' and he switched to 'the HPD aren't talking to me, weird, anyway I gotta go bye'.

That sucks. He seemed like a good guy from his twitter.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Jaxyon if you aren't lying about your friends and their beliefs, then you should know that they are huge loving losers

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

ELO Musk posted:

I think that a guy who believes our country is hosed and needs foundational rebuilding should quietly state his case as it is clear that decorum is what the road to change is paved with instead of blowing out my fiancee's eardrums with an acknowledgement of suffering she doesn't personally experience. FTW.

One the 1 hand, Bernie is trying to guarantee healthcare as a right for anyone on American soil.

But on the other hand, he can be a bit shouty at times.

Gosh, this is a tough one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

Terror Sweat posted:

Jaxyon if you aren't lying about your friends and their beliefs, then you should know that they are huge loving losers

For having mild distaste for a person they perceive as yelling too much, who they will probably vote for if he's the candidate?

Yeah, what terrible people, real scum of the earth poo poo.