Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Putting the milk in the pot is bad enough, but they've put way too much milk in that tea.

My old cat from years ago when I had a 125

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You can't trust those flatlander weirdos.

It's too much time at a constant altitude and with a level horizon it makes your brain leak out out your ears and then you're doing poo poo like putting milk in the pot and living in cities and god knows what else.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

People who pour into cold milk and leave the bags steeping in now lukewarm liquid are loving weeeeeirrrrddooos.

Also rosemary and sea salt on chips is fantastic. Honest burger does it and I approve.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/Namorrodor/status/1157235706730876929

Friendship ended with Yorkshire, now Lancashire is my best friend.

Aw man, I just moved to Yorkshire. Can't believe I have to move again.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I could also be someone who could chip in to this podcast rigmarole. But would it make sense to organise it through the UKGoon Discord?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Could create a voice channel on discord to do so

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

If you're going to do a podcast make it better than the last Goon podcast I heard going through and talking about every Garfield strip in chronological order.

Make it like a Goon Brexitcast.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Make it a work of fiction where you're discussing political matters but in a world where we voted to remain.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I've lived in Yorkshire most of my life, and I don't know anyone barbaric enough to put milk in the teapot. Most people I know get angry if the milk goes near the tea before it's brewed.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Aramoro posted:

Make it like a Goon Brexitcast.

If I want several hours of strangled wordless screams I'll start recording my therapy sessions.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It goes

Hot Water - Bag - Wait for Brew - Remove bag - Milk.

Sugar is an abomination.

In summer I'll also accept

Bag - Hot Water Enough to Cover Bag - Wait for Brew - Remove Bag - Add to Glass half full of ice water.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Azza Bamboo posted:

Make it a work of fiction where you're discussing political matters but in a world where we voted to remain.

A sealab 2021 rip off where we all just randomly shout BIZARRO and play clips of Boris Johnson.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Wait, what..

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i'll do a part on the podcast but it'll only consist of me eating various orange chocolate treats in the background while periodically mentioning how nice they are

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
gently caress me I forget sometimes just how much racism is simmering under the surface in Norway. I got a nice little surprise lecture today on the dangers of gender equality and the twin threats of Slavs and Islam in replacing good, Christian-God-fearing Norwegians. From an ecologist of all loving people. One second we're talking seal populations, the next minute it's "hey you know what other population is under threat, and it's all down to our damned egalitarianism causing our women not to breed enough".

Not exactly the first time I've been blindsided by a conversation taking that sort of turn here, but I naively didn't expect a biologist presumably trained in evolutionary theory and population dynamics to come out spouting :biotruths: and great replacement poo poo.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Diet Crack posted:

People who pour into cold milk and leave the bags steeping in now lukewarm liquid are loving weeeeeirrrrddooos.

I leave the bag steeping forever but don't add any milk. I just want that poo poo to get as strong as possible.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Azza Bamboo posted:

It goes

Hot Water - Bag - Wait for Brew - Remove bag - Milk.

Sugar is an abomination.

In summer I'll also accept

Bag - Hot Water Enough to Cover Bag - Wait for Brew - Remove Bag - Add to Glass half full of ice water.

wrongo

Milk -> Teabag -> Water -> Brew -> Remove bag.

Agreed on sugar though.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Angepain posted:

i'll do a part on the podcast but it'll only consist of me eating various orange chocolate treats in the background while periodically mentioning how nice they are

What's your stance on Quality street Orange creams vs Orange Crisps.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Diet Crack posted:

Wait, what..

What indeed, is that a graph for ants?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Aramoro posted:

Milk -> Teabag -> Water -> Brew -> Remove bag

Sorry, but it’s you who is wrong. This is not how you make tea.

Like the basic principle is that you use boiling water to steep the tea, why the gently caress would you cool it before putting the bag in?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

I never hear about Australia in positive contexts. It's always distant boomer relatives or someone doing a terrorism or some chode trying to explain to me that "we never had slaves down here so it's not racist when I say [racist poo poo]" or getting mad about the name of a rock or some poo poo.

Then again maybe there's Australian leftists who only hear about the UK in the form of old men shouting about Trident.

You see it a lot of as well that most of the ancaps only tend to be Americans or Australians. I assume it's Murdoch Disease.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

This constant poo poo about #metoo making it impossible for men to have female friends is driving me up the loving wall. You can absolutely still have female friends, you just can't be gross and inappropriate and constantly try to gently caress them Toby you stupid fuckboy.

"We import 2/3 of our food from abroad and are a strong trading nation, this is a great reason for cutting off a huge proportion of our trading partners because two blond fat men want to make a mint."

Also she looks like an eleven year old in an adult suit feeling so pleased at her school presentation and she reminds me of Neil Morrissey.

namesake posted:

A sealab 2021 rip off where we all just randomly shout BIZARRO and play clips of Boris Johnson.
UKMP Episode 1: BoJo's Bizarre Adventure ゴゴゴゴ

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Aramoro posted:

wrongo

Agreed on sugar though.

You’re a monster.

Bag -> water -> brew -> sugar -> show it the milk to frighten it -> remove bag

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Aramoro posted:

The cream quality streets are the best.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Aramoro posted:

crispy stuff in chocolate can go either way for me but fundamentally orange flavoured chocolate somehow beats orange flavoured stuff surrounded by chocolate every time. i don't know how this works but that's the facts

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Za Warldo Trade Organisation Brexit

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also she looks like an eleven year old in an adult suit feeling so pleased at her school presentation and she reminds me of Neil Morrissey.

It's the way she pauses after every line for rapturous applause that really gets to me

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

crispix posted:

There's definitely something in that. Like how twirls are nicer than solid dairy milk, even though it's probably the same chocolate.

I reckon it's because all the twirly crumbly bits give a greater chocolate surface area

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Aramoro posted:

wrongo

Agreed on sugar though.

bruv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtK_vfp8po8

This has already been settled.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Somebody already did a podcast with this joke. Think it was Reel Politick.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Aramoro posted:

the dead babies and privatisation of essential water sources really adds to the flavour of quality street stuff.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Jose posted:

It's gross imo that job centre workers refer to us as customers

Was talking to someone last night who a few weeks ago had to sign on for the first time in years. He said his advisor was a man of around 60 years old who signed the "job seeker agreement" as Dr. Turned out he had a PhD in philosophy. My friend singing on has a PhD in history. Apparently a lovely man who was upfront about the fact that he just needed a job to survive and set out everything in a way that gave a definite impression that he knew perfectly well how ridiculous it all had become.

crispix fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Aug 2, 2019

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I think we can do better than to insult a woman's looks, can't we? Like insulting her repulsive politics.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Johnson government is officially amateurs' hour level poo poo

Looking forward to those new negotiations with the EU, I'm sure the Commission is quivering in their boots at the intellectual might of this cabinet.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao

https://twitter.com/frankfieldteam/status/1157244898803892226

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/lottelydia/status/1157110912764956672?s=20
https://twitter.com/JMorganTHE/status/1157202862675517441

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

HopperUK posted:

I think we can do better than to insult a woman's looks, can't we? Like insulting her repulsive politics.

Yeah, you're right. Anger got the better of me.

crispix fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Aug 2, 2019

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

This constant poo poo about #metoo making it impossible for men to have female friends is driving me up the loving wall. You can absolutely still have female friends, you just can't be gross and inappropriate and constantly try to gently caress them Toby you stupid fuckboy.

While the complainers are all horny men who want to harass women again, I thinks there's a related point in that our relationship dynamics in modern society still rely on men taking the initiative, and many men are unsure about how to square this with not abusing male power dynamics, especially with people's social circles being shrunk to more professional relationships by capitalism. It doesn't excuse men conplaining they know no women, but I do think we're going through a social shift that not all our norms and expectations have adjusted to

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Also brits can't brew tea, you're not supposed to use teabags and you're definitely not supposed to boil the water with the teabag in it. Etiquette, ladies and gentlemen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Somebody already did a podcast with this joke. Think it was Reel Politick.

The first WDTATW after Boris' ascension was named Bojo's Bizarre Election.