Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GPTribefan posted:

RIP Goober, bro.

Oh poo poo bro, Goober's dead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Arson Daily posted:

I may be alone in this but their Entourage ep is one of my favorites. 90 minutes of mark whalberg impressions? Yes please! Every time those drat herculoids show up I lose my poo poo.

I just listened to the Planet of the Apes (2001) ep today, and it's also 90 mintues of Mark Whalberg impressions (I had forgotten Mark Whalberg was in that pile of trash)

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

Oh poo poo bro goobbahs got caaaaaansa!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh poo poo bro the Herculoids got Goobah.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

That’s Goobah’s mom, bro. Her meal is comped!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
August schedule

Episode 434 —Knowing: Live from Boston! 

Episode 435 — Gone in 60 Seconds: Live from D.C.!

Episode 436 — The Wicker Man: Live from New York!

Episode 437 — Species with Angelica Jade Bastién

Patreon Episodes:

Patreon Exclusive Episode — National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Animation Damnation — Noozles: "A Friend from Down Under" (s1, e1)

The Nexus — TOS: "The Changeling" (s2, e3) & TNG: "Unnatural Selection" (s2, e7)

Gleep Glossary: A Star Wars Story — IG-88

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Well at least we're getting a National Treasure.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Oh wow, The Noozles.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rahonavis posted:

Oh wow, The Noozles.

Yeah, I don't even know what that is

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Iron Crowned posted:

Yeah, I don't even know what that is

Absolutely life-altering.

EDIT: for people who weren't dumb 80's-90's kids, the Noozles was a dubbed children's anime that aired on Nickelodeon about a girl who finds a magical talking koala bear that pretends to be a stuffed animal. Approximately the first half of the one and only season is a series of absolutely traditional kid's cartoon adventures about the girl and her koala pal getting into normal day-to-day hijinx where an adult almost, but not quite, catches the koala doing something magical/unusual before the girl can fix things.

The second half of the season involves the girl discovering that the koala is actual a hyper-dimensional traveller from an alternate universe peopled entirely by an adorably racist society of super-hi-tech koalas. While disguised as a koala to evade the koala-gestapo, she discovers that her father and grandfather were captured by militant koala seperatists and imprisoned in a crystal limbo fortress forever. She ends up freeing her parents and piloting Uluru / Ayers Rock, which is, in actuality, a transdimensional reality engine disguised as a mountainous rock formation created by ancient aboriginal people and koalas, and using it to separate earth and koala-space forever.

Old Kentucky Shark fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Aug 1, 2019

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

EDIT: for people who weren't dumb 80's-90's kids, the Noozles was a dubbed children's anime that aired on Nickelodeon about a girl who finds a magical talking koala bear that pretends to be a stuffed animal. Approximately the first half of the one and only season is a series of absolutely traditional kid's cartoon adventures about the girl and her koala pal getting into normal day-to-day hijinx where an adult almost, but not quite, catches the koala doing something magical/unusual before the girl can fix things.

The second half of the season involves the girl discovering that the koala is actual a hyper-dimensional traveller from an alternate universe peopled entirely by an adorably racist society of super-hi-tech koalas. While disguised as a koala to evade the koala-gestapo, she discovers that her father and grandfather were captured by militant koala seperatists and imprisoned in a crystal limbo fortress forever. She ends up freeing her parents and piloting Uluru / Ayers Rock, which is, in actuality, a transdimensional reality engine disguised as a mountainous rock formation created by ancient aboriginal people and koalas, and using it to separate earth and koala-space forever.

then why the gently caress are they watching the first episode and not the big koala alien reveal gawdamit

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GoutPatrol posted:

then why the gently caress are they watching the first episode and not the big koala alien reveal gawdamit

:emptyquote:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Noozles has been kind of a running thing for awhile now. Andrew brought it up on some rando episode awhile back, and I think it came back around on a relatively recent mailbag.

Noozles: the official animated selection of WHM.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

Prolly because it's free on youtube.

The first episode's pretty tame. I think the evil little pink koala with magic lipstick shows up towards the end.

Episode 13 is where poo poo ramps up: that's where they go inside the Koala production factory where koalas are birthed inside crystal eggs by the robotic Allmother.

Henker
May 5, 2009

I have vague memories of watching The Noozles as a child, mostly the weird trippy space crystal stuff. I think it was my first exposure to the concept of surrealism.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Oh man I'm looking forward to the IG-88 episode, that story is so delightfully dumb.

I can't decide if my favourite part is IG-88 loving with the emperor by closing doors on the death star, or Vader throwing shade at a middle manager who was complaining about wanting a nose job.

Lemon fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 2, 2019

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I remember the cute koala show but I guess I only saw the early episodes cause holy poo poo :allears:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
We can only hope the other cartoons that have been mentioned recently come up as well. September Animation Damnation will be Wuzzles, with October being the Snorks.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Henker posted:

I have vague memories of watching The Noozles as a child, mostly the weird trippy space crystal stuff. I think it was my first exposure to the concept of surrealism.

I mean, I also have a vague memory of watching a koala show on Nick as a kid too, but I also remember a live action kolala show with a puppet. Maybe I'm combining that and Eureka's Castle together in my head.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I don't know if I'm too late to get on the ep recommendation train but the "I LIVE FOR THIS poo poo" bit in the xXx episode is probably my favorite bit from any podcast.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Crowetron posted:

I don't know if I'm too late to get on the ep recommendation train but the "I LIVE FOR THIS poo poo" bit in the xXx episode is probably my favorite bit from any podcast.
That whole sequence is hilarious. "I'm Vin Diesel and this is The Strangers!"

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Yeah, it’s one of those rare and wonderful cases where you think, “Wait, was that really as bizarre as I remember? I was a little kid after all.” Then you look it up and it’s actually weirder than you remember by several orders of magnitude. To this day, of all the Anime I’ve seen, Noozles is still the most :magical:

Doesn’t help that Nickelodeon used to air it during their block aimed at very young children. Heavy stuff when you’ve just come off “The Little Koala” (a considerably less insane Anime about koalas) or “Sharon, Louis, and Bram”...

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Thanks for all the recs! Next Karate Kid, Captain America, K-9 and Hider in the House were my faves from the first 100 so far.

I'm currently in a charity shop and just ran across this:

I think they've done all of these? I would get it anyway because I legitimately love Demolition Man but Cobra is an example where I've never seen the film but loved the episode so I'm excited to see if it's as terrible on the screen as it was in my head being described :allears:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Cobra is a lot of fun. I'm not sure I would call it a good movie, but terrible is a little much.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Cobra is a lot of fun. I'm not sure I would call it a good movie, but terrible is a little much.

I did mean terrible in the best possible way, if it helps. As I understand it, it's not a "movie" the way Demolition Man is a movie, with a script and people doing proper acting opposite Stallone. It's Stallone shooting things and eating shapes of pizza he cut with scissors.
Also, there's a guy who pops up intermittently to talk.

I just started Demolition Man, the Blu-ray conversion is pretty good but I'm disappointed there's no Stallone commentary. He better show up in at least one of these...

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

Well at least we're getting a National Treasure.
You mean IG-88?

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Cobra loving rules. It's sleazy, nasty, and dumb as poo poo in all the right ways. And it looks great.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I always get the villains of Cobra and Tango & Cash mixed up.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Jack Palance as a Doomsday Cult leader does make a lot of sense when you say it

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Cobra has one of the best sequences filmed in a car chase. Location scout deserved a medal for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ziSsaLUpU&t=199s

Should link right to 3:19

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

My go-to description of Cobra is "it's the ridiculous action movie parody that shows up on television in another movie, but as a real movie."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TTBF posted:

Cobra has one of the best sequences filmed in a car chase. Location scout deserved a medal for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99ziSsaLUpU&t=199s

Should link right to 3:19

watching this gave me hemorrhoids

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

Rahonavis posted:

Yeah, it’s one of those rare and wonderful cases where you think, “Wait, was that really as bizarre as I remember? I was a little kid after all.” Then you look it up and it’s actually weirder than you remember by several orders of magnitude. To this day, of all the Anime I’ve seen, Noozles is still the most :magical:

Six years later, when the first two animes I watched were Akira and Evangelion, I felt this incredible wave of nostalgia that I've never really felt since. It was really disappointing to learn later that most anime isn't apocalyptically surreal.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Their Knowing episode was solid but jesus Cabin with that dousing baby joke! :stare:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Crack shack, baby!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I will always love the WHM insistence that the second the apocalypse is announced that the world would descend into a horrorshow out of a Warhammer 40K Chaos cult

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Soup du Jour posted:

I will always love the WHM insistence that the second the apocalypse is announced that the world would descend into a horrorshow out of a Warhammer 40K Chaos cult

I mean, they're not wrong.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Soup du Jour posted:

My man Eric walking around an empty world with crucifixes on his face like the end of In The Mouth of Madness.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

weekly font posted:

My man Eric walking around an empty world with crucifixes on his face like the end of In The Mouth of Madness.

Steve, long, long gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Love the return of Mr. Domino's. The voice kills me