Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

shovelbum posted:

They're more like the parasitic finance class that hijacks the means of production to make number (of viruses) go up

You only say that because you benefit from the cellular exploitation and incorporation of ancient viral structures into what we now call organelles. The viruses are merely taking back what was theirs to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
the president arranged a burglary at a sitting congressman's house then bragged about it on twitter

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Imagine the smell!

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1157324577187487744

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Boondocks was a documentary

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

power word- Jeb! posted:

the president arranged a burglary at a sitting congressman's house then bragged about it on twitter

cspam moddergate

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

i remember this episode

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Only if they're electric or a bus

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

emfive posted:

I'm going to say that I don't think baby formula causes autism, it might be a bad idea but that seems like a huge stretch

it's more that formula doesn't have a ton of stuff we haven't even studied that's been found in breastmilk, and we're only now finding good brain bacteria is linked to gut bacteria

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

honestly, such poor form and weakness he can't even put a 61 year old man on his butt with like 3-4 free shots at his head.

meanwhile in Seattle....

come at me bro. wait, I’ve made a terrible mista—

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I'm the multi million dollar company fighting tooth and nail against a one off $38k expense that would increase my customer base, and yes I will happily spend ten times that on legal fees.

im sure the board and ceo of dominos are on the board of a shitload of other companies that will make shitloads of money if scotus abolishes the ada

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

To be honest Chevys are cheap garbage, so it's in line with what a government car would be

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gringostar posted:

it's more that formula doesn't have a ton of stuff we haven't even studied that's been found in breastmilk, and we're only now finding good brain bacteria is linked to gut bacteria

I’m still really unconvinced gingivitis bacteria in Alzheimer’s patients brains is a thing bc of the whole blood brain barrier thing but it’d be really funny if after all this talk about plaque buildups in Alzheimer’s brains the real answer all along was flossing

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

They gave out Blazers to the blind, why not

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

gregday posted:

sup buddy?

my wife works on the exact same thing, possibly even part of the same study. although i'm unaware of any research on using it for aids, only sickle cell.

does your wife work with city of hope at all?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

https://twitter.com/QueefTornado/status/1156655742797189120

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Al! posted:

god remember one guy made a poorly constructed and easily defeated shoe bomb and now we all have to take our shoes off at the airport forever.

i swear to god the liquid bomb thing was 100% to boost sales for post-gate vendors

only if you don't pay extra to be treated like a normal civilian in airport security lines

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know no one ever told me life was going to be this way

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Well problem solved. Time to move on folks
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1157316612665618437?s=19
https://twitter.com/tictoc/status/1157326916229185536?s=19

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kaleedity posted:

only if you don't pay extra to be treated like a normal civilian in airport security lines

pay extra get searched anyway lmao

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

look if they have those shoes they might make it 2 steps closer to the fence before eating a .308 shot from a half mile away

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

yeah but Medicare works though

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My job's a joke, i'm broke

And my love life is DOA

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Chokes McGee posted:

I’m still really unconvinced gingivitis bacteria in Alzheimer’s patients brains is a thing bc of the whole blood brain barrier thing but it’d be really funny if after all this talk about plaque buildups in Alzheimer’s brains the real answer all along was flossing

those aren't dental plaques. Alzheimer's plaques are amyloid plaques, a weird tangled mass of proteins. dental plaques are bacterial biofilms.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Time for the FOP to dip into their secret "carry you over until you get reinstated with back pay" slush fund

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Chokes McGee posted:

the amount of medical research that could be funded this second into stuff like this is loving astounding, and the stupid loving sequester massively gutted medical research

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

The Alpha Centauri posted:

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2017/11/17/steve-bannon-st-ignatius-helped-me-get-sober

addiction is terrible and probably not good to swing down at someone, but bannon isn't just anyone;he's a white nationalist nazi and so gently caress him

yeah addiction is a bitch but apparently the process of getting sober taught him 0 about humility or empathy, unlike every other person I’ve met who struggles with addiction, so agreed: gently caress him

emfive
Aug 6, 2011

Hey emfive, this is Alec. I am glad you like the mummy eating the bowl of shitty pasta with a can of 'parm.' I made that image for you way back when. I’m glad you enjoy it.

Gringostar posted:

well I agree with that because of course. I'm just saying that in my extremely limited experience autism and ASD (which I kind-of think is semi-bullshit anyway) is a pretty fundamental "how does this particular human work" thing

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Lawman 0 posted:

https://twitter.com/AndrewDesiderio/status/1157123785943855105?s=20
You know you are a good political operator when your own underlings are openly predicting your coming climbdown

but will it ping? :thunk:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

dads friend steve posted:

yeah addiction is a bitch but apparently the process of getting sober taught him 0 about humility or empathy, unlike every other person I’ve met who struggles with addiction, so agreed: gently caress him

im a recovering alcoholic and i say kill em all

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

trump is invincible

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Chokes McGee posted:

It is seeming like the plaque stuff is another symptom rather than a cause, but a lot of people have spent a lot of time trying to prove its a cause so expect some debate on that.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Rubellavator posted:

Assault shoes

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

emfive posted:

well I agree with that because of course. I'm just saying that in my extremely limited experience autism and ASD (which I kind-of think is semi-bullshit anyway) is a pretty fundamental "how does this particular human work" thing

we talked about this when she told me her theory and personally I think autism is a lot like a plane crash where one thing going wrong doesn't cause the crash, but like 10 things going wrong will

taking away 2-3 of those 10 things will drastically reduce the chances for it

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

man W looks downright agile compared to trump

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

(once again requesting that someone add intermittent *crack*'s and *ping*'s to this gif)

if you want the timing a different way just let me know, not hard to do

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

kaleedity posted:

this is what you do in america to position yourself to run for president now

given that she's one of the few people that managed to make it out of the administration on her own terms, without her reputation completely destroyed, I wouldn't underestimate her.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was the one that penned the "I'm in the trump administration but we're trying to reign in the dumb president, honest!" op-ed as an insurance policy for whenever she decides to make her move

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

f#a# posted:

man W looks downright agile compared to trump

Yeah he was in pretty good shape I think and loved that type of stupid hijinks poo poo

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

UFOTacoMan posted:

if you want the timing a different way just let me know, not hard to do

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Seems like some semantics to me. Like alright if the plaque is the cause then what causes the plaque?