Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I'm convinced the icon for Chroma's Effigy ability is a Trogdor reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I still have 3+ weeks left on a resource booster and the only thing I want to do is conservation.

It's so chill and fun. Thankfully the plushies are cheap as hell to buy. I already have 20.

I should be doing excav but it's just so boring.

Anyone have a map they like a lot? I've been doing the Earth one and pretty much just being AFK as Wukong.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Hieracon on Pluto is good endo on top of the cryotic.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Pipski posted:

i assume a survival arby qualifies for the nightwave 30 min survival mission criteria -- anyone know for sure?

Arby survival is how I got mine done.

necrofin
Dec 26, 2009
Since double profits are upon us, here is a quick guide to setting up your gear for Profit Taker. You need Old Mate (max rank) with Solaris United and heist unlocked from Vox to :getin: .

Chroma the best dragon for deep dicking orb moms (2nd rate are Wisp/Trin/Oberon/Rhino/Hildy/Inaros/Nidus/Wukong.. any high tank frame).. this isn't perfect build but it gives you an idea and a solid base, key points are high strength/duration and resists against knockdowns and staggers (Handspring + Pain Threshold), also 100% mag proc resist with 2x Arcane Nullifier. Hunter Adrenaline to keep you fed on energy, but using Squad Energy restores is still a good idea. I use heat elemental (red emissive) to add more health with Elemental Ward, some people like cold which adds more armor, but I find that high armor builds dont really benefit much EHP from this. Adaptation is pretty good too and can save your butte occasionally.

Cram as many damage types into your weapons as possible to avoid having to use spoiler mode amp on switching orb's shield resistance as there is a delay untill you can switch it again, ideally your team will cover the full spread.. communicate!

Chroma:

You wan't high crit/high dmg primary, many options here from snipers to shotguns to rifles. I like Fulmin personally. Trick here is Chroma dmg boost benefits elemental mods greatly so any base or ips dmg mods are taken off.

Catchy secondary. Going for balance here.

Melee Zaw, I like ranged so I can deal with corpus trash units easily, Exodia Contagion is how you can efficiently apply all the damage types and the innate Blast it has on it (and also get trolled by orb shields to kill yourself).

Smeeta Kavat for proccing double profits occasionally. Primed/regular Pack Leader to occasionally melee trash to keep your catte alive.

Amp + spoiler

Cantic prism: rapid fire to switch orb mom shield resistance from range. Phahd scaffold: one shot shield pylons. Certus brace: highest crit. Arcanes are optional.

Finally your Archgun.. I prefer Imperator Vandal, but almost any crit gun works as long as it has Radiation dmg on it.

This is a high effort end game-ish setup, although I haven't specifically rolled rivens for it yet and my Umbrals for Chroma are waiting for another forma 'till I can fully upgrade them. My gear is pretty optimal for MY playstyle and covers most of the annoying things in the fight. When fighting as a team figure out your damage type spread, this is mostly intended for solo kills and minimal resist switches. I might add a video later on how to fight it, but Youtube already has plenty of examples.

dededed :blastu: :vince:

necrofin fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Aug 2, 2019

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Oh hey guys the double credits weekend is on :toot:

If you can't afford one, @ me on the discord and I'll grab you a three-day credit booster (don't quote me here, I don't read the thread).

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

gnoma posted:

Arby survival is how I got mine done.

Sweet! Cheers.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

necrofin posted:

Chroma:

You wan't high crit/high dmg primary, many options here from snipers to shotguns to rifles. I like Fulmin personally. Trick here is Chroma dmg boost benefits elemental mods greatly so any base or ips dmg mods are taken off.

quick one: why take off ips? My understanding is that IPS lands in the same place in the damage calculations as any other element, and should have the same pound for pound benefit as cold or what have you.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tulip posted:

quick one: why take off ips? My understanding is that IPS lands in the same place in the damage calculations as any other element, and should have the same pound for pound benefit as cold or what have you.

IPS mods only provide benefit proportional to the amount of IPS on the gun to begin with. So, unless your gun has the vast majority of its damage in one and only one of those three, IPS mods are generally a terrible choice. Since the Fulmin is only 24% impact, modding specifically for more impact damage would be kind of silly compared to just using literally any elemental mod.

There's a case to be made for modding for slash damage on certain guns as a method of weighting your status procs more heavily toward slash, but that's outside the scope of the Profit Taker fight.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Helter Skelter posted:

IPS mods only provide benefit proportional to the amount of IPS on the gun to begin with. So, unless your gun has the vast majority of its damage in one and only one of those three, IPS mods are generally a terrible choice. Since the Fulmin is only 24% impact, modding specifically for more impact damage would be kind of silly compared to just using literally any elemental mod.

There's a case to be made for modding for slash damage on certain guns as a method of weighting your status procs more heavily toward slash, but that's outside the scope of the Profit Taker fight.

ah, yeah for specific weapons that makes sense, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything about how vex interacts with IPS

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Nah, Vex Armor is just Big Serration. If you're minmaxing around it you remove Serration from your build since other mods will provide more benefit.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
In a nutshell, the non event IPS mods are never worth it, the event ones are worth it over a third elemental if the weapons stat of that is above 75% of the weapons base damage. But even then I wouldn't use it since it makes corrosive proc less, funnily enough -IPS is actually a really wanted stat on rivens for weapons where you'd build corrosive, such as shotguns, since it helps guarantee that each shot strips armor fully.

necrofin
Dec 26, 2009

Tulip posted:

ah, yeah for specific weapons that makes sense, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything about how vex interacts with IPS

What they said + I can deliver all IPS types with Contagion throws.. hits for nearly 100k.

Testing a Rubico/Tombfinger alternative that is only missing Cold dmg atm.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

prisma grinlok is a really solid weapon, for anyone curious. it's like they decided to arbitrarily make the grinlok worth a poo poo out of nowhere.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Johnny Joestar posted:

prisma grinlok is a really solid weapon, for anyone curious. it's like they decided to arbitrarily make the grinlok worth a poo poo out of nowhere.

It wasn't out of nowhere, me and my beautiful Grinlok riven have been spirit bombing DE for years

Each of those rolls was a silent prayer

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Aug 2, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a water fight on Earth.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Holy poo poo the water fight is fun.

Rewards: redeemer skin, captura scene, hydroid noggle + reactor.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Holy poo poo the water fight is fun.

Rewards: redeemer skin, captura scene, hydroid noggle + reactor.

You can also trade in the pearls you get from it with Nanak to get roller floofs, the beach captura and palette.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh nice, extra stuff!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Beach Captura is 1000 pearls

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Anora posted:

Beach Captura is 1000 pearls

:gonk:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

More importantly, you can just outright buy Kela-exclusive mods like Acid Shells, Med Ray and Harkonar Scope. 200 pearls each.

Looks like I've got some grinding to do :shepicide:

E: Acid Shells is 500 because of course it is

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 2, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wonder if it is affected by boosters...

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Hey guys, don't do the waterfight event if you want your second arcane slot on your Warframe, it's looking like the event is removing use of your second arcane slot at least even into your next game outside the arena https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1117148-dog-days-tactical-alert-now-on-all-platforms/page/2/#comments

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I've done it multiple times and can still use my second arcane.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nezha and Zephyr seem like good choices since sliding and aimgliding seem to make you pretty much impossible to hit.

E: Zephyr + Patagium + Aero Vantage = Aimglide forever. I'm pretty sure Aviator is working as well, although the enemies don't seem to be able to hit you for poo poo when gliding anyway.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 2, 2019

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lets get slippery, bitch

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Just go solo, grab a few kills, then jump into the tree in the middle and wait out the timer :v:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hotfix inbound.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PUMP IT!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

reddit is wall to wall whining about the grind to get all the stuff from nakak lol

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Whats the best gun to just daka daka all game? Or is there no real minigun equivalent.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
For a fun event it is a bit of a grind.

Baruuk is started, now I'm just Khora away from all the frames.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

tenora is the most aesthetically like a minigun with the rotating barrel. supra vandal is probably the most functionally like one

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Awesome! posted:

reddit is wall to wall whining about the grind to get all the stuff from nakak lol
I mean they have a week to do it, trying to get everything from Nakak is going to be crazy but then the kind of person who is that deep into gotta catch em all mentality will already have most of the mods from Kela's arenas anyway.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The one that I really want is the one that's ridiculously priced. I'll go for the pink beachball, and have a serious think about the Captura scene.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Awesome! posted:

Wouldn't really call it whining when at minimum you need to do like 81 runs to get all the non mod stuff, that's almost 7 hours of straight up soaking.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

nah, i am definitely calling it whining

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

just get the cutest ball and go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Quornes posted:

Whats the best gun to just daka daka all game? Or is there no real minigun equivalent.

In terms of killing enemies? Somap/Tenora in hit scan, Suprav if you're ok with travel time.

In terms of absolutely loving up everybody's day? Kinetic Ricochet Tetra.

Alternate answer that kind of does both? Kohm.

TBH all of these pretty much just get up to like, heavy assault rifles. Nothing really captures the minigun feel that the Vulcan does in Payday 2, but the movement in this game is way more extreme so it's not quite surprising that you never feel like a tank of indiscriminate death.