Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Cheap helmet aside, that Thor costume kinda rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Binary Badger posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exo-Man

70's TV movie.. long story short: professor develops some kinda fiber that moves or something when electric current passes through it, gets paralyzed, builds cheap plastic armor that gives him limited super strength, bulletproof, uses it to beat up Jose Ferrer or something. It also tends to run out of power at inopportune moments, just like Iron Man's. Can't fly or shoot repulsors, looks like it was made with a bucket and rubberized long johns.

It's intensely painful to watch, but if you want late 70's melodrama mixed with lovely sci-fi, here ya go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7cDY_CsezM

Marvel would sue the gently caress out of anyone trying to make something like this now; back in 1977, no one gave a poo poo.

Isn't that nearly the exact story for M.A.N.T.I.S. (TV movie and then series) from the 90s? Paralyzed professor uses high tech suit to punch people.

Alaois posted:

he isn't, i think Jim Valentino just hosed up and assumed he was.

his true backstory is that he was a normal human born with a photographic reflexes, and later volunteered for a Hydra version of the Super Soldier Serum that gave him the ability to instantly memorize motor skills at the cost of his actual memory.

Is Taskmaster Origins not considered canon? I thought in that one it was revealed that he was actually a SHIELD agent with severe memory loss who was infiltrating Hydra. And that the serum was actually from SHIELD.

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 30, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

Isn't that nearly the exact story for M.A.N.T.I.S. (TV movie and then series) from the 90s? Paralyzed professor uses high tech suit to punch people.

I think I saw something about one of the MANTIS guys being salty about War Machine's paralysis and then the exo suit that allows him to walk again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ToastyPotato posted:

Is Taskmaster Origins not considered canon? I thought in that one it was revealed that he was actually a SHIELD agent with severe memory loss who was infiltrating Hydra. And that the serum was actually from SHIELD.

I sure don't consider it canon.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

So word on any potential Cloak & Dagger crossover? Seemed liek that's what was being hinted at the end of C&D's second season.
Today is your lucky day
https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1156943905281077248

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Sadly Molly pulling off Ty's cloak won't have the same effect as it did in the comic. Here's hoping they can get Jon Berenthal for an episode so she can punch him in the stomach.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

:toot:

Now announce Season 3 of C&D, you cowards.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is Cloak and Dagger something I should watch from the beginning?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hell yes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cloak and Dagger is really, really good. And I'm only slightly ashamed to admit I'm a huge sucker for the soundtrack. Olivia Holt has a really great voice.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

It's pretty good until about episode three then becomes exactly what it should be and it's awesome.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Cloak and Dagger is what you'd get if you mixed Luke Cage with Legion. It's one of the best shows Marvel's done.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

that doesn't sound like it would do Legion any favours at all

e: a season of Legion twice as long and halfway through they kill off the Shadow King and replace him with a swirly eyed cartoon hypnotist in a moustache and top hat

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Aug 2, 2019

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Don't forget, this was very much a real thing:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

My Lovely Horse posted:

that doesn't sound like it would do Legion any favours at all

e: a season of Legion twice as long and halfway through they kill off the Shadow King and replace him with a swirly eyed cartoon hypnotist in a moustache and top hat
I think in this case it means the show's willing to make serious commentary on racial and gender issues. Maybe Black Lightning might have been a better analogy?

Medullah posted:

Cloak and Dagger is really, really good. And I'm only slightly ashamed to admit I'm a huge sucker for the soundtrack. Olivia Holt has a really great voice.
Aubrey Joseph, too! He did Numb in series two. I listen to the official Spotify playlist fairly often.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It started out slow, but I actually ended up liking Swamp Thing. Definitely borrowed from Moore's run. Wish it had a bit more of the horror scenes, but overall I'd watch a second season. Crystal Reed is drat pretty.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

howe_sam posted:

Cloak and Dagger is what you'd get if you mixed Luke Cage with Legion. It's one of the best shows Marvel's done.

Oh, word? Is it anywhere other than Hulu? We froze our account a few months ago.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Oh, word? Is it anywhere other than Hulu? We froze our account a few months ago.

The entire series is up on Freeform's website to my knowledge.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think in this case it means the show's willing to make serious commentary on racial and gender issues. Maybe Black Lightning might have been a better analogy?

That's also a good comp, but Black Lightning is a little more traditional comic book in its sensibilities, with its codenames and showy superhero outfits. Cloak and Dagger is really a Marvel Netflix show allowed to get weird, and paced better.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Do we know if Disney+ is going to carry stuff like C&D or are they keeping Hulu a distinct thing?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

Do we know if Disney+ is going to carry stuff like C&D or are they keeping Hulu a distinct thing?

Distinct thing. But there's word that there's gonna be a bundle deal.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

howe_sam posted:

That's also a good comp, but Black Lightning is a little more traditional comic book in its sensibilities, with its codenames and showy superhero outfits. Cloak and Dagger is really a Marvel Netflix show allowed to get weird, and paced better.

And it does better things with its effects budget.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

LadyPictureShow posted:

Isn't the answer for training a new Captain America just 'throw some money at Taskmaster, let him deal with it'?

taskmaster throws the shield *

*pinpoint accuracy hitting three targets*

*arm falls off*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

taskmaster throws the shield *

*pinpoint accuracy hitting three targets*

*arm falls off*

Nah he does that poo poo all the time in the comics, it's well within his abilities. Now copying Spider-man and other actual supers, that takes it out of him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Nah he does that poo poo all the time in the comics, it's well within his abilities. Now copying Spider-man and other actual supers, that takes it out of him.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

LadyPictureShow posted:

Arist posted:

The entire series is up on Freeform's website to my knowledge.
It's also on Amazon Prime (in the UK, at least).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I liked when he watched Kung fu movies at double speed

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Would Midnighter beat Taskmaster?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Of course. He can run through iterations of the whole fight mentally before Taskmaster even gets an opportunity to do his stuff and worst case, like if there's seriously no angle where Midnighter wins a 1-on-1, he just drops a building on him or something.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

So that's where that avatar came from!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Lurdiak posted:

He was my fave in Marvel vs Capcom 3 (along with Super Skrull).

Spidey-Swing!
Aim of Hawkeye!
Just like Cap!
Sword of Black Knight!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

LadyPictureShow posted:

He was my fave in Marvel vs Capcom 3 (along with Super Skrull).

Spidey-Swing!
Aim of Hawkeye!
Just like Cap!
Sword of Black Knight!

You're in for a world of hurt!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

TwoPair posted:

You're in for a world of hurt!

We left out the best line...
'SHOULDER THROW!'

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Apparently despite staying out of the Arrowverse until now, Black Lightning will be appearing in the CW COIE

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/jasonlynch/status/1158054139106082817?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

If they're backdoor piloting a live action Batman Beyond show as part of this it would be hilarious.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

I didn't like Arrow Beyond segments in the last season of Arrow but I've wanted a BB series and/or movie with Conroy as Old Bruce for years so I'm so down for this.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

I didn't like Arrow Beyond segments in the last season of Arrow but I've wanted a BB series and/or movie with Conroy as Old Bruce for years so I'm so down for this.

I just like that they're making every possible type of Batman tv show except an actual Batman tv show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Now that info on Crisis has started coming out it almost feels like they saw Spider-verse and thought "wait... we can DO that?" I'm definitely curious to see how crazy the end result is, "appearing in the crossover" could just be one frame of a montage or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bruceski posted:

Now that info on Crisis has started coming out it almost feels like they saw Spider-verse and thought "wait... we can DO that?" I'm definitely curious to see how crazy the end result is, "appearing in the crossover" could just be one frame of a montage or something.

I mean, they already gave us Nazi Supergirl. That's pretty nuts for broadcast television.