Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Get used to referring to the “lung” grilles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Powershift posted:

I got this, somebody hold my beer.

Pls fade in Trump playing tennis with his huge diaper visible into the grill

Namaste

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Data Graham posted:

Get used to referring to the “lung” grilles

The blood eagles.

Not sure about this one.

BraveUlysses posted:

Pls fade in Trump playing tennis with his huge diaper visible into the grill

Namaste

eww no

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
LOL if they cancel the 8 series immediately after it comes out

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Guys I heard the new M3 is front wheel drive

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
People like lines right? Lets add 100 more lines to the new M3.

What is going on with that roof?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Popete posted:

Looks pretty similar to the carbon roof on the F80 to me.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

thealphabetsez posted:

What's the better car?? Could be nothing wrong with you, simply a well-sorted out inner dialog ;)

987 Spyder. I have a beater wagon for mulch/groceries/etc, but I keep looking at E90s. That engine just sounds so good.

I need more garage space.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

How bad of an idea is an automatic '08 Z4 coupe with 85k miles? Ben trying to find a used car and wasn't really considering a BMW but I've always loved the Z4 coupes. Would prefer a manual but as long as the AT isn't horrible i wouldn't mind. Add says it's an "Si motor" and sport package whatever that means, and he's asking $11k. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 31, 2019

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Popete posted:

People like lines right? Lets add 100 more lines to the new M3.

the double bubble thing is common. like on vipers and ferraris

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

Residency Evil posted:

987 Spyder. I have a beater wagon for mulch/groceries/etc, but I keep looking at E90s. That engine just sounds so good.

Irrefutably the better car [the Spyder.] What color is your's? I've been lusting after a black one an acquaintance owns. On another note, thankfully they aren't very tall and likely could be stacked atop an E90 in your garage via a lift! :P

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Crunchy Black posted:

I just don't understand why every dealer in the country decided that the non-M f3x fascia was acceptable and just ordered a gently caress pile of them. Finding a Msport vert 435 is proving incredibly difficult.

Most new BMW buyers care about 2 things: the roundel and an automatic transmission.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Applebees Appetizer posted:

How bad of an idea is an automatic '08 Z4 coupe with 85k miles? Ben trying to find a used car and wasn't really considering a BMW but I've always loved the Z4 coupes. Would prefer a manual but as long as the AT isn't horrible i wouldn't mind. Add says it's an "Si motor" and sport package whatever that means, and he's asking $11k. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

That's the normally aspirated N52 engine, the si means it has the variable length intake, so ~255hp. Fairly reliable, the usual cooling system disclaimer about 100k or so, not sure how time affects it vs miles though.

I think that's the 6 speed ZF auto, so not too fancy, but not too bad either? Sport package should be largely seat, wheels, and probably a stiffer suspension, given that the Z4 is rwd only. (Awd always loses out on suspension goodies.)

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Most new BMW buyers care about 2 things: the roundel and an automatic transmission.

I have a friend that's small SUV shopping and I think she might drive some BMW's today. She's worried about long-term reliability but I told her she just needs to drive everything because you never know what you're gonna like. Gonna have to sever if she tells me she likes the x4. I'd rather see her in the abominations that are the x1 and x2.

For her, non leather is a huge thing and BMW actually offers that in a ton of things.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

thealphabetsez posted:

Irrefutably the better car [the Spyder.] What color is your's? I've been lusting after a black one an acquaintance owns. On another note, thankfully they aren't very tall and likely could be stacked atop an E90 in your garage via a lift! :P

Mine's white. I was hoping for silver or blue, but there's a limited amount that have a stick and carbon seats so :shrug:. A garage renovation is on the list, probably in the next few years.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

fknlo posted:

I have a friend that's small SUV shopping and I think she might drive some BMW's today. She's worried about long-term reliability but I told her she just needs to drive everything because you never know what you're gonna like. Gonna have to sever if she tells me she likes the x4. I'd rather see her in the abominations that are the x1 and x2.

For her, non leather is a huge thing and BMW actually offers that in a ton of things.

What's wrong with the x4? Especially compared to the x1 and x2!

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What's wrong with the x4? Especially compared to the x1 and x2!

It's a visual abomination that should be cleansed from the earth with fire along with the X6, whatever the gently caress Mercedes calls their version, and the Accord Crosstour.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Well, I'm an established low-taste cretin, but I think it's a fun design as far as dumb ol mini-SUVs are concerned. Beat only by the Subaru Outback Onyx XT of course

I just think those boxy X1, X3, Ford Escape cars are the antithesis of fun

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Residency Evil posted:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-bmw-m3-57/

When you can pick them up for spare change in your cup holder and a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of your foot there is no reason NOT to have one.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What we need is 3 or 4 more SUVs of various sizes slotted between the existing 17

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2008-bmw-m3-57/

When you can pick them up for spare change in your cup holder and a piece of gum stuck to the bottom of your foot there is no reason NOT to have one.

:drat: that's a lot of car for 20k

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Well, I'm an established low-taste cretin, but I think it's a fun design as far as dumb ol mini-SUVs are concerned. Beat only by the Subaru Outback Onyx XT of course

I just think those boxy X1, X3, Ford Escape cars are the antithesis of fun

I'm not going to pretend it's rational, but my hatred of the x4 and x6 is very real. I honestly find them visually repulsive.

My friend really liked the x1...

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

I.... I like the X2 especially in that ridiculous mustard color

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pibur posted:

I.... I like the X2 especially in that ridiculous mustard color

I was thinking the x1 and x2 would be a little small for her, but she liked its size without the ridiculous looks some of its much cheaper competition has. I might have her look at the XC40 as well but I'll have to look and see where it falls with Volvo's current reliability issues.

2018 and 2019 x1 are the same, correct? There's a ton of cash on the hood of some leftover 2018's

fknlo fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 31, 2019

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

NitroSpazzz posted:

:drat: that's a lot of car for 20k

Pibur
Jan 28, 2019

fknlo posted:

I was thinking the x1 and x2 would be a little small for her, but she liked its size without the ridiculous looks some of its much cheaper competition has. I might have her look at the XC40 as well but I'll have to look and see where it falls with Volvo's current reliability issues.

2018 and 2019 x1 are the same, correct? There's a ton of cash on the hood of some leftover 2018's

NGL, the XC40 is my favorite SUV on the market. I have no need or desire to own one but it rules and the "performance" version of it doesn't suck to drive.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pibur posted:

NGL, the XC40 is my favorite SUV on the market. I have no need or desire to own one but it rules and the "performance" version of it doesn't suck to drive.

It's absolutely gorgeous too. Volvo has such a good design language right now.

My friend said the X1 is the only car she has driven so far that she wanted to keep driving. She liked the infotainment setup and thought it was pretty much the perfect size for her. I really wasn't expecting any of that. I'm seeing $5-7k+ on the hood of some 2018's and with the refresh coming out soon I'm sure there will be smoking deals on 2019's in the not too distant future as well.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
waaaant want want

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1639252

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Anyone know when the F22 is scheduled to be replaced?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

F35 has pretty much taken over it's role.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Well over 10 years ago at this point. The K20 is a superior engine anyway. With the aftermarket in mind of course.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
lmao

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Well, the missus' 2016 X1 had the water pump poo poo the bed at 42K miles. She's taken it to the dealership twice trying to get the mirrors not to stay in the "reverse view" down-tilt after she shifts out of reverse, and now, somehow, one of the rear wheels was two degrees camber and 1/16th toe out of alignment, resulting in uneven tire wear and a heck of a lot of road noise. I guess I'm finally feeling the BMW maintenance pain everyone else always seems to have strike them?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Holy cow, apparently my car has different "Modes"?

I'd been driving in "Efficiency" mode like a absolute chump. I just tried out Sport driving/Sport steering and it feels like a completely different car

What's the point in having a reduced power mode and more importantly, making it the default?!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
honeypot for bad bmw owners to reveal themselves

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BraveUlysses posted:

honeypot for bad bmw owners to reveal themselves

Holy poo poo, how do you not get past "Step 1"? It's gotta be the gloves.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Holy cow, apparently my car has different "Modes"?

I'd been driving in "Efficiency" mode like a absolute chump. I just tried out Sport driving/Sport steering and it feels like a completely different car

What's the point in having a reduced power mode and more importantly, making it the default?!

Bullshit.

You’re WAY too tightly wound to not have read the manual.

To actually answer your one question- EPA ratings.

glyph fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 2, 2019

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
flabbergasted that your gloves didn't come with the RFID chip that auto-selects Sport++ Secret mode oh lordy

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

glyph posted:

Bullshit.

You’re WAY too tightly wound to not have read the manual.

To actually answer your one question- EPA ratings.

I know I overthought the garage 'issue' too much but I'm actually quite stupid and bad at following instructions. Last week I put 32,000 SF of liquid soil aerator on my 2,000 SF lawn :downs:

EDIT: my other two cars have been a 2003 Volvo S40 and a 2016 Subaru Outback, and neither of them had modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

What car today doesn’t have driving modes?