Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That's a pinned tweet from 2018

COD looks so much like Battlefield...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
fellow goons, is this just a feeling or is this the best thread on the interwebs?
to me it is

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

tooterfish posted:

Ah right you are. You won't mind if we take the bacon and leave you with the pineapple then?

Yeah, didn't think so.

Wait.
You're British and telling me what is good to eat?
From the same people who invented tripe as a dish?

I will have you know that pineapple and bacon are excellent on pizza and was invented in Canada.

In fact let's pour maple syrup over everything, because it p much goes with everything too.
Canadians...we will ruin your national dish for you.
French fries? Let's cover them in gravy and cheese curds and call it poutine. Yum.
Donuts? Let's coat them in maple syrup and bacon.
Yorkshire pudding and maple syrup.
Baked beans and maple syrup.
Fried eggs in maple syrup.

Also do we know how long it will be before Rexshilla's contract with CI not G expires?

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Bumble He posted:

fellow goons, is this just a feeling or is this the best thread on the interwebs?
to me it is

It is an addiction, this thread.
Smoke Citizen

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dogeh posted:

Wait.

I will have you know that pineapple and bacon are excellent on pizza and was invented in Canada.

In fact let's pour maple syrup over everything, because it p much goes with everything too.
French fries? Let's cover them in gravy and cheese curds and call it poutine. Yum.

Also do we know how long it will be before Rexshilla's contract with CI not G expires?

Fuk ur mum ewe prack

*takes a shot of canadian maple whiskey*

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

:ironicat:

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Hav posted:

I prefer Battlefield personally.

New COD is more Battlefield in terms of "feeling" vs previous COD installments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZM_QURZosw

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

There was a thread on spectrum, i think, literally asking for suites of support vehicles for the ballista.

And another one where a guy just wanted a chow wagon because the ballista didn't have any facilities for long term deployment or something.

That's great. I can't wait until CIG implements high fidelity body functions, then has to sort our the resulting mess of commandos constantly making GBS threads themselves because most ships and vehicles don't have bathrooms.

I hope CIG gives them all of the drudgery that makes up 90% of real military life too, like endless vehicle maintenance, waiting in lines, the stacks of paperwork required to do anything and of course eating lovely food.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Okay but no lie though, fried spam, a fried egg, and some baked beans all drizzled with maple syrup is a loving dope camping breakfast

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dogeh posted:

You sick gently caress!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Agony Aunt posted:

He just posted a new tweet.

"#StarCitizen covert operations: Boarding team will eva to enemy Reclaimer, eliminate hostiles on board, set ship to self-destruct. PVP in Star Citizen is full fledge."

Where enemy means - other members of the group who pretend to be an enemy in a staged scenario which will hardly ever happen organically.

Meanwhile Rex gets to shout at people.

Some people might die from heart attacks.

Possibility of client or server crashes: Spicy Hot.

You forgot:

* Someone had to buy the Reclaimer, fly it to the conflict area, then sit perfectly stationary and unlock its doors because there is no boarding
* The Reclaimer doesn't actually do anything in-game right now, there is no purpose to this fight, nobody incurs any costs
* PVP in Star Citizen is make believe

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Uh oh, looks like they deleted the doors again in the latest patch

One way you know this is a high-quality company is that, if they fix a problem, it stays fixed

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So if you were wondering about what point Citizens would really start to go full-negative on CIG, it appears that the roadmap update has your answer.

:reddit: posted:

When did the Gas Cloud tech disappear from the roadmap entirely?

:v: Alot has disappeared from the roadmap

I dont think it will be last patch of the year, but i do think 3.8 will be severely reduced. Like, maybe the ships, weapons and a few other things, but no big ticket items as far a mechanics or gameplay.

If we are lucky the might finish Crusader, but i doubt it.

High expectation: ships, guns/ship weapons, armor and Crusader for 3.8

Low expectation: a few ships, maybe some guns/ship weapons for 3.8

:v: Honestly feels like every patch gets "severely reduced" or gets called a QOL/backend patch.

I'm starting to wonder if people were laid off or all sent to SQ42. SOMETHING for sure is going on.

:reddit posted:

LOL CIG is probably having second guesses about making rentals available, it will probably cut pledge money flow in a half at the very least

Jeez, two weeks of essentially no progress except for on tasks that were do last month. Really not good

:v: Star Citizen actually came out in 2014 2016 as promised, the community managers just forgot to tell anyone.

Idk what CIG is doing nowadays, they have become pretty lazy with out money

just remember- this was a complete change of behavior for CIG, and in no way could any of this have been predicted. If you were mad at the company before now, it is because you are a troll. You can be mad right now, but as soon as hype videos start to roll out you need to shut up and support them again, they are working hard for your money. Then you can be mad again after they have your money and the stuff in the hype vids comes out broken or not at all. Please refer to the general subreddit calendar on acceptable times to be mad.

zcrow
May 6, 2014

Ah.. yeah... um... tup tup tup tup tup.. this is something we'll add down the line

Dogeh posted:

Wait.

Candied salmon is quite possibly the best thing. Also févés au lard et a la mélasse for breakfast.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Yes? Cyber Punk was absolutely in development hell.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Aug 3, 2019

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Cymelion and his one man war against the evil game producing empire.

You have my sword JPEG Cymelion!

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Time to rub?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

got 'em

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/TheAstroPub/status/1156930637288345600
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1156974713765335045
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1157178902613233664
https://twitter.com/humanevil51/status/1157180370347077632

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Sarsapariller posted:

So if you were wondering about what point Citizens would really start to go full-negative on CIG, it appears that the roadmap update has your answer.

just remember- this was a complete change of behavior for CIG, and in no way could any of this have been predicted. If you were mad at the company before now, it is because you are a troll. You can be mad right now, but as soon as hype videos start to roll out you need to shut up and support them again, they are working hard for your money. Then you can be mad again after they have your money and the stuff in the hype vids comes out broken or not at all. Please refer to the general subreddit calendar on acceptable times to be mad.

Logical cimp iz "logical." Every single dev at CIG is busy doing planning/estimating for 2-3 weeks.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Sarsapariller posted:

Good to see Operation YOU MUST BE A PREMIUM USER TO VIEW THIS POST is going well. Money well spent I'd say... When do we start phase two?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

skeletors_condom posted:

Logical cimp iz "logical." Every single dev at CIG is busy doing planning/estimating for 2-3 weeks.

was going to post this exact thing

Project management, man...how does it work? Weird stuff, weird stuff...

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

skeletors_condom posted:

I too believe planning as you go is the best way to design and deliver a massive software development entailing innumerable lines of code and logic.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MedicineHut posted:

Man that avatar is excellent it really goes with pretty much everything you can say.

Yeah, it is... would you like one just like it?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Hav posted:

So it cancels out then?

One of these days we really ought to get around to closing that loophole.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Holy poo poo

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Starcitizen reddit says:

quote:

CI are the most honest, transparent devs in the game industry.

Oh? Why are the patches so crap and the weekly shows so sparse? They must be saving up all the good stuff to build marketing hype for Citizen Con.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Starcitizen reddit says:

quote:

We're not blind fanboys. We only attack the terrible, misinformed criticism.
Which are those?

A L L O F T H E M

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Starcitizen reddit says:

quote:

We're not delusional. It's not our problem that every single critic just happens to be a troll, a hater, a shill for the big publishers, an evil fake game journalist out to get us, or a Derek Smart alt

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how has CIG not released Citizencoin the crypto for hardcore gamers

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

how has CIG not released Citizencoin the crypto for hardcore gamers

They did, they are called JPEGs.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Experimental Skin posted:

They did, they are called JPEGs.

YEAH, THEIR PRICES ONLY GO UP. BUY AN IDRIS NOW OR YOU'LL MISS OUT!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=384bD2-mab4&t=1693s

:monocle:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

So by the Chris Roberts Transitive Property of Time and Development Funds, SC is now entering its 40th year of development, and has cost over $1.1 billion to make! :downsbravo:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

someone post the speedboat pic

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

someone post the speedboat pic

https://twitter.com/sandigardiner/status/736238869268553729

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Oh Vertishchsh never change. It makes the joke better every year.